PDA

View Full Version : John Wall: “you tell me the 3rd best defender is going to have to guard me? Good luck

GrayGoat
07-14-2022, 12:21 PM
https://youtu.be/9UnlH2q7T9c

John Wall literally tripped on a hair and broke a hip after saying that shit :oldlol::oldlol::oldlol:

highwhey
07-14-2022, 12:23 PM
who's going to tell him kawhi isn't playing?

tontoz
07-14-2022, 12:25 PM
That is the wrong mindset for him to have. He should be focusing more on playmaking and less on scoring. He is a better player taking 15 shots as opposed to 20. He isn't as good a scorer as he thinks.

GrayGoat
07-14-2022, 12:27 PM
That is the wrong mindset for him to have. He should be focusing more on playmaking and less on scoring. He is a better player taking 15 shots as opposed to 20. He isn't as good a scorer as he thinks.

This dude is actually much worse than Westbrook right now. Wouldn’t be surprised if the rim is his best defender

tontoz
07-14-2022, 12:38 PM
This dude is actually much worse than Westbrook right now. Wouldn’t be surprised if the rim is his best defender

He is actually a decent catch and shooter from 3. Off the dribble his J is pretty weak and he shoots a lot of them off the dribble. He also forces up tough shots on drives hoping to get bailed out by the refs.

All this was obviously before his injury. No telling where he is now.

999Guy
07-14-2022, 02:19 PM
John Wall is a living IQ test for a fan. If you honestly believe this guy should even get minutes for a playoff team you’re dumb about the sport and completely out of touch.

I believe in Ty Lue but everything Wall has said since getting what is basically a vet min deal, has been so….DUMB.

NBAGOAT
07-14-2022, 02:32 PM
He was not bad for half a year on hou. Still like the 8th best player on the clippers and should not get as many shots as Powell or reggie

jlip
07-14-2022, 03:05 PM
I know that it's not like it's been a decade since he's played but actually only just a season or two, but I just wonder if the current game allows for a traditional pg with a very limited scoring arsenal outside the paint to yet flourish, especially coming off injuries.

tontoz
07-14-2022, 03:30 PM
I know that it's not like it's been a decade since he's played but actually only just a season or two, but I just wonder if the current game allows for a traditional pg with a very limited scoring arsenal outside the paint to yet flourish, especially coming off injuries.

He can, if he plays smart. His strength is beating guys off the dribble, collapsing the defense and finding 3 pt shooters. If he leans into that and cuts down on the jumpers off the dribble he can be effective. He has to get his ego under control though which is iffy.

Spurs m8
07-14-2022, 04:23 PM
You gonna be in street clothes on the bench, thief

2much_knowledge
07-15-2022, 03:10 AM
I hope this pans out. Cant wait to see it!!!

MadDog
07-15-2022, 03:16 AM
Yall sleeping on John Wall. As a third option or even off the bench, I think he'll have a winners impact.