PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Rice 35 points vs. Steve Smith 34 points Game 1 1998 NBA playoffs

Lebron23
07-15-2022, 08:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGkmkFBpw6A Shooter vs. Shooter. Glenn Rice vs. Steve Smith 1998 NBA Playoffs throw back. These 2 guys are going to adjust very well if they play in today's NBA. Both are 6'8" Small Forwards."

Johnny32
07-15-2022, 09:40 AM
both avg to below avg nba athletes with bad defense. rice really thrived with that wnba 3pt line though lol.

TAZORAC
07-16-2022, 06:30 PM
both avg to below avg nba athletes with bad defense. rice really thrived with that wnba 3pt line though lol.

Rice would be better than Smith today.

Steve Smith wasn't very mobile, wouldn't be good in today's NBA. He's just a stand in the corner and shoot kinda guy. He's Robert Horry with a better jumper, and less defense and rebounding.

3ba11
07-16-2022, 06:53 PM
Jabari Smiths offensive ceiling is Rice

fsvr54
07-16-2022, 06:55 PM

Out of your mind.

G Money has one of the sweetest releases ever and would destroy dudes like Lillard and Beal

ShawkFactory
07-16-2022, 07:18 PM
Jabari Smiths offensive ceiling is Rice

Something like that. But when you add in that Jabari could and honestly should be a dynamite defensive player? Not too bad for a #3 pick honestly.

3ba11
07-16-2022, 07:21 PM
Something like that. But when you add in that Jabari could and honestly should be a dynamite defensive player? Not too bad for a #3 pick honestly.

Agreed

Let's see that defense on the NBA level tho.. I don't go by media reports.. just looking at him, I think guys will be able to take him off the dribble

ShawkFactory
07-16-2022, 07:34 PM
Agreed

Let's see that defense on the NBA level tho.. I don't go by media reports.. just looking at him, I think guys will be able to take him off the dribble

He's athletic, long, and really gives a shit on that end. Ultimately that's a winning formula to me.

3ba11
07-16-2022, 07:38 PM
He's athletic, long, and really gives a shit on that end. Ultimately that's a winning formula to me.

Sounds good

We'll see if he can keep his confidence up and really slide his feet

TAZORAC
07-17-2022, 12:02 PM
Out of your mind.

G Money has one of the sweetest releases ever and would destroy dudes like Lillard and Beal

Don't understand the Lillard/Beal to Rice comparsions GEEK MONEY.

Lillard and Beal are both better ball handlers and can beat you off the dribble. Rice can "jab step" then pull up with the jumper. Rice is a poor man's Middleton.