PDA

View Full Version : Paul George is still better than Tatum

bison
07-17-2022, 04:51 PM
I keep forgetting about Paul George because he keeps missing playing time, but when he’s healthy, he’s still one of the best and skilled scoring wings which got me comparing him to another hyped up and much younger wing, Jayson Tatum. Tatum is still inconsistent and I would take PG over him in 2022.

fsvr54
07-17-2022, 04:58 PM
Celtics sweep with Kawhi instead of Tatum. They win in 6 with PG13.

Real Men Wear Green
07-17-2022, 05:02 PM
On stats Tatum averaged more points more rebounds shot and is more durable. George averaged more assists.

Not researching it but though George is a good defender Tatum is better.

Not sure what reason there is to say George is better.

Real Men Wear Green
07-17-2022, 05:06 PM
Celtics sweep with Kawhi instead of Tatum. They win in 6 with PG13.

Celtics would barely make the playoffs with Kawhi because he doesn't play. With George they are more solidly a playoff team because he will give you some games but the idea that George is a better playoff performer than Tatum is amusing. I distinctly remember the nickname "Pandemic P." Tatum was MVP of the conference finals. You want to talk about his finals performance? Ok fine. Post George's finals starts so that we can compare them.

fsvr54
07-17-2022, 05:16 PM
Celtics would barely make the playoffs with Kawhi because he doesn't play. With George they are more solidly a playoff team because he will give you some games but the idea that George is a better playoff performer than Tatum is amusing. I distinctly remember the nickname "Pandemic P." Tatum was MVP of the conference finals. You want to talk about his finals performance? Ok fine. Post George's finals starts so that we can compare them.

I stand by what I said dude. I don't care about one bad playoff series that PG13 had.

Celtics would've been fine with Kawhi.

Real Men Wear Green
07-17-2022, 05:19 PM
I stand by what I said dude. I don't care about one bad playoff series that PG13 had.

Celtics would've been fine with Kawhi.

You can have your opinion. I am just pointing out there's no supporting it.

KNOW1EDGE
07-17-2022, 06:10 PM
When fully healthy I think PG is prob the better player, more consistent and reliable.

But he hasn’t been healthy in like 3 years.

At this point id take Tatum for next season and the future

fsvr54
07-17-2022, 07:39 PM
You can have your opinion. I am just pointing out there's no supporting it.

The eye test. PG13 is clearly a better player to anyone who knows ball. He actually knows what to do when driving to the rim for one.

bison
07-17-2022, 07:54 PM

Here it is. First post on ISH that uses the new conference finals MVP award as a genuine argument. Adam Silver smiling from heaven right now.

Full Court
07-17-2022, 07:57 PM
Agree. If Paul George could stay healthy, he'd be one of the top players in the league. I'd take him over Tatum.

tontoz
07-17-2022, 08:02 PM
How many years has PG13 had that were better than Tatum this year? I can only think of one, when he was a MVP finalist in OKC

And that isn't even looking at the playoffs..

Real Men Wear Green
07-17-2022, 08:17 PM
The eye test. PG13 is clearly a better player to anyone who knows ball. He actually knows what to do when driving to the rim for one.

You will have to excuse my inability to sufficiently eye test when George has missed over half the season for the last two years. The fact that Tatum has slightly better numbers while playing over twice as many games kind of kills your argument though.

NBAGOAT
07-17-2022, 10:12 PM
tatum is streaky but George even more so. I’m a fan and would have him top 15 but Tatum is top 10 now

jayfan
07-18-2022, 12:54 PM

Yet isn't your assertion based on the bad series that Tatum had?

PS: George has had way more than one bad playoff series. He did bounce back last time out, though.

ShawkFactory
07-18-2022, 01:33 PM
Yet isn't your assertion based on the bad series that Tatum had?

PS: George has had way more than one bad playoff series. He did bounce back last time out, though.

Was going to say the same thing. Playoff P was NOT a good thing before 2021 :lol

2much_knowledge
07-18-2022, 05:41 PM
Agreed. For now, pg is slighty better

fsvr54
07-18-2022, 05:51 PM
Making conference finals in Indiana.

Dude also carried to the WCF last year after Kawhi was injured.

Playing with Chuckbrook will make you a worse player too.

GOBB
07-18-2022, 06:21 PM
Skill wise it’s probably arguable. Age and recent health considered I take Tatum 10 out of 10 times here.

GOBB
07-18-2022, 06:23 PM
How many years has PG13 had that were better than Tatum this year? I can only think of one, when he was a MVP finalist in OKC

And that isn't even looking at the playoffs..

What? George was a 2 way star. If you can’t find more than one season you’re either a hater or have visions problems. We got to stop with the prisoner of the moment thought process here.

k0kakw0rld
07-18-2022, 06:25 PM
Of course he is

tontoz
07-18-2022, 06:44 PM
What? George was a 2 way star. If you can’t find more than one season you’re either a hater or have visions problems. We got to stop with the prisoner of the moment thought process here.

Name the seasons where PG13 was better. Tatum was 1st team All-NBA this year.

Real Men Wear Green
07-18-2022, 06:58 PM
Making conference finals in Indiana.

Dude also carried to the WCF last year after Kawhi was injured.

Playing with Chuckbrook will make you a worse player too.George had his career scoring high playing beside Westbrook. It's nice that he made the conference finals 8 years ago but if you want to argue playoff success Tatum has been to the conference finals 3 times now at the age of 24, and his team has managed to win one. George has slihjtly worse stats and has had durability issues the last 3 seasons. He just doesn't have a case at this point.

GrayGoat
07-18-2022, 07:25 PM
Kawhi and pg13 were hurt for the playoffs. They both would be on the bench hurt with the Celtics

ImKobe
07-18-2022, 09:07 PM
When fully healthy I think PG is prob the better player, more consistent and reliable.

But he hasn’t been healthy in like 3 years.

At this point id take Tatum for next season and the future

PG just last year put up 27/10/5 58%TS when he led the Clippers to the WCF in the POs and he put up 20+ pts in every single Playoff game.

GrayGoat
07-18-2022, 09:11 PM
Tatum is better than pg13. Pg13 has zero finals appearances in the weak east.

jayfan
07-19-2022, 02:42 PM

I don't think he's being a prisoner of the moment. The prisoners of the moment are more likely those speaking out against Tatum in the wake of his Finals performance.

GrayGoat
07-19-2022, 03:28 PM
Tatum has more finals appearances than Embiid

NBAGOAT
07-19-2022, 03:53 PM
Name the seasons where PG13 was better. Tatum was 1st team All-NBA this year.

I agree. That’s the only year George was clearly top 10 besides 2014 but thats not a strong year for stars. Usually he’s in the top 15 range. Tatum was top 10 this year in a very strong league for superstars.