PDA

View Full Version : I can't solve this puzzle..

3ba11
07-23-2022, 09:17 PM
If Lebron involved teammates more than MJ, why were MJ's teammates more involved and the Bulls a far superior team than any of Lebron's?

If Lebron > MJ and has more involved teammates, then he should've had better teams, better offenses, and need less passing help.

So why was it the opposite?

Why were Jordan's teams and offenses so far superior despite less offensive help?.. Why did Jordan need less passing help (a sidekick that averaged less assists than Wade/Kyrie/Westbrook/Rondo)?

Could it be that Lebron's frontcourt ball-dominance infact DOESN'T involve teammates that well and turns most into spot-up shooter?.. And this brand lacks the teammate development and chemistry to win organically??? (forced to be a talent-based winner/team-hopper/all-star team strategy).. This is puzzling

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-23-2022, 09:34 PM
I get why Jeff would shitpost and spam the forum. He gets monetary gain.

What's your excuse though?

SouBeachTalents
07-23-2022, 09:41 PM
I'd like to solve the puzzle

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/409/197/0c1.gif

RRR3
07-23-2022, 09:51 PM
I doubt you can solve opening the door most days.

Axe
07-23-2022, 09:52 PM
Op atm

https://i.imgflip.com/5fx7tf.png

highwhey
07-23-2022, 10:17 PM
Op atm

https://i.imgflip.com/5fx7tf.png

:roll:

Sportal
07-24-2022, 01:39 AM
I honestly couldn't fathom what your life is like on a day-to-day basis... Do you just wake up from a nightmare about LeBron, and just get straight on your phone to post here? You do realise that you're obsessed with a sports star that will never know you exist, right? Well, two of them, actually.

RRR3
07-24-2022, 01:42 AM
I honestly couldn't fathom what your life is like on a day-to-day basis... Do you just wake up from a nightmare about LeBron, and just get straight on your phone to post here? You do realise that you're obsessed with a sports star that will never know you exist, right? Well, two of them, actually.
Sure seems like it. I honestly hope he’s free from thinking about LeBron in his dreams at least though.

8Ball
07-24-2022, 05:25 PM
Can a Jordan stan please help 3ball out in this thread?

3ba11
07-24-2022, 05:27 PM
Can a Jordan stan please help 3ball out in this thread?

No need

I'm ragdolling you guys as usual

Axe
07-24-2022, 06:25 PM
The bigger question to that; amongst lebron haters like op, you seriously think he's the only one?

sdot_thadon
07-24-2022, 06:36 PM
If Lebron involved teammates more than MJ, why were MJ's teammates more involved and the Bulls a far superior team than any of Lebron's?

If Lebron > MJ and has more involved teammates, then he should've had better teams, better offenses, and need less passing help.

So why was it the opposite?

Why were Jordan's teams and offenses so far superior despite less offensive help?.. Why did Jordan need less passing help (a sidekick that averaged less assists than Wade/Kyrie/Westbrook/Rondo)?

Could it be that Lebron's frontcourt ball-dominance infact DOESN'T involve teammates that well and turns most into spot-up shooter?.. And this brand lacks the teammate development and chemistry to win organically??? (forced to be a talent-based winner/team-hopper/all-star team strategy).. This is puzzling

1st semi serious response in the thread. Lebron did involve his teammates more, not only through passing, but by virtue of actually taking less shots....leaving more attempts for the rest of the team. He even gave teammates opportunities in big time situations if it was the correct play. MJ's teammates were "more involved" due to coaching and an offensive system which Mj strongly opposed. The bonus he had that Lebron never did was a system that allowed his team to function in his absence due to principles the whole team adhered to, all except he himself. He and to an extent Pippen had the greenlight to "break" the triangle whenever they saw fit. Crazy thing is his team managed 55 wins and allstar appearances when he was no longer a part of the team. It's silly that people somehow assign him credit for something he wasn't anywhere near as it occurred.

3ba11
07-24-2022, 09:21 PM
1st semi serious response in the thread. Lebron did involve his teammates more, not only through passing, but by virtue of actually taking less shots....leaving more attempts for the rest of the team. He even gave teammates opportunities in big time situations if it was the correct play. MJ's teammates were "more involved" due to coaching and an offensive system which Mj strongly opposed. The bonus he had that Lebron never did was a system that allowed his team to function in his absence due to principles the whole team adhered to, all except he himself. He and to an extent Pippen had the greenlight to "break" the triangle whenever they saw fit. Crazy thing is his team managed 55 wins and allstar appearances when he was no longer a part of the team. It's silly that people somehow assign him credit for something he wasn't anywhere near as it occurred.

Lebron killed everyone's shot attempts - everyone's attempts cratered alongside him because his skillset reduced their role to spot-up shooter... :confusedshrug:..

Otoh, Jordan's off-ball and "closer of possessions" role (the bailout guy) put the ball in teammates hands, thereby elevating them to playmaker.

Jordan was the bailout option, while Lebron uses his teammates as the bailout options - that's why he's 4/10 on the championship level (garbage on the championship level regardless of cast).

Teammates aren't elevated by being turned into a spot-up shooter - their role is elevated by having the ball in their hands while the star acts as the bailout option off-ball.

Since Jordan's skillset doesn't have to dominate the ball, his skillset is coachable.. A coach's imagination can run wild with MJ, whereas Lebron is a Luka-style ball-dominator that forces coaches to play 1 way... Lebron dominates the ball and everyone spots up

Since Lebron's skillset isn't coachable, his teams have inferior offenses despite FAR greater offensive help and teammates don't play near their career highs (capacity) alongside him.. Otoh, Jordan's skillset yields more ball movement and better brands of ball, so teammates play to capacity alongside him.. And Jordan had goat offenses with no offensive help (115 ortg with goat margins above league ortg).

Phil couldn't run the triangle with a Lebron or Luka-style player.. When Phil was toiling away as an assistant, he wouldn't have been dreaming of running the triangle with Lebron's skillset.. But MJ's skillset was good enough to run a strict offense like the triangle.. Winning in the triangle is a goat accomplishment, along with averaging 30 in it - Phil said that MJ wouldn't be scoring champ in the triangle - so that's how much of a goat accomplishment it was.. Jordan invented the footwork needed to average 30 in the triangle and Kobe copied it.. The triangle never won without Jordan or his clone (Kobe)