PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin Talks About His Issues With Kobe Bryant

Lebron23
07-25-2022, 09:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NodZ0hIGzg4

dazzer87
07-25-2022, 11:27 AM
How about you talk about your issues with being a pedophile you filipino midget?

:lol:lol

LAL
07-25-2022, 11:50 AM
Of course he didn't respect his little smart ass. He wasn't nba quality, he sucked, he hated him.
Victim mentality while earning millions in the league mostly because of his brand and popularity.

Hey Yo
07-25-2022, 12:42 PM
Of course he didn't respect his little smart ass. He wasn't nba quality, he sucked, he hated him.
Victim mentality while earning millions in the league mostly because of his brand and popularity.

Actually it was Kobe who had issues with Lin right after he dropped 38pts on Kobe's ass FTW.

It was only like Lin's 3rd career game... :oldlol:

Jasper
07-26-2022, 10:18 AM
lin is 100% honest.
Talking about Kobe shooting out of a win , had happened a lot because he was a HOG.
It was nice to hear Kobes' last year he was talking with Lin ... as in man up and be a man not a fvcking twerp Kobe.

Kobe's biggest issue was his mind.
He was great but his mind got into the way.

theballerFKA Ace
07-26-2022, 12:53 PM
Another testimonial that Kobe was one of the hardest workers the NBA has ever seen. Lots of people think NBA players really don't work that hard, especially stars who even the GM's fear and let slack off a little

Lin with his background was obviously a beast of a worker and he's saying Kobe was right there with him sleeping only 3 or 4 hours a night. Absolutely astonishing that a player with a broken down body, has already helped bring 5 championships to the organization, and has nothing left to prove was still working that hard and fully engaged. We may never see a star player again as intense as Kobe.

Good on Lin for standing up for himself against Kobe. Kobe completely trashed players who didn't give a lot of effort to improving their game like Kwame Brown and Smush Parker. He probably brought quite a few players to tears that we will never hear about. Sounds like although he was angry with Lin, at least he respected him.

HoopsNY
07-26-2022, 11:33 PM

Lin didn't suck. He was raw talent who had a flare for the dramatic. As a Knicks fan, he put the team on his back in that limited time with us. But during that time, we were 20-15. In his 25 starts, he averaged 18/8 on 55% TS% and had 7 double doubles. Kobe's attitude was offsetting at times and I think he he could have cultivated a better team in his later years instead of overshooting the ball and putting guys down.

ClipperRevival
07-27-2022, 08:55 PM
Yup, saw this and Lin is right.

And this is where, at least for me, I differentiate the mindset between Kobe and MJ.

Kobe was absolutely content with getting his even in a loss. MJ wanted to win every time he stepped on the court.

Kobe was no doubt a ball hog but soje stretches in his career. And that's why he rubbed me the wrong way at times. I respect him but still, it is what it is.

Chick Stern
07-27-2022, 09:13 PM

And this is where, at least for me, I differentiate the mindset between Kobe and MJ.

Kobe was absolutely content with getting his even in a loss. MJ wanted to win every time he stepped on the court.

Kobe was no doubt a ball hog but soje stretches in his career. And that's why he rubbed me the wrong way at times. I respect him but still, it is what it is.
Possibly the most clueless take I have seen in some time.
Kobe was an assassin who lived to beat others. He was Jordan with an outside shot.
and he did so with TOUGH competition, not the softness of the weakest NBA decade.

3ba11
07-27-2022, 09:19 PM
I think you guys are too hard on Kobe - Lin wouldn't say SHIT to prime Kobe

the only reason he could stand up for himself and wave off Kobe is because Kobe wasn't dominant anymore

ClipperRevival
07-27-2022, 09:29 PM
Possibly the most clueless take I have seen in some time.
Kobe was an assassin who lived to beat others. He was Jordan with an outside shot.
and he did so with TOUGH competition, not the softness of the weakest NBA decade.

https://c.tenor.com/8JUxblVc8tQAAAAC/nerve-irritated.gif

Kobe's last game: 50 FG attempts.

Most since they kept track since 1983-84

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fga_game.html

MJ's last game: 15 FG attempts

I absolutely respect Kobe, he was a KILLER, but he was content with getting his for stretches. It started in the 2004 finals. Then from 2005-2007, he tried to get his.

FKAri
07-27-2022, 11:41 PM

I think this is too harsh a critique of Kobe and an idealized one of MJ. MJ coming into the league was the exact same way. But at some point, under Phil he learned to work within the team a bit more, to trust others and especially to trust Phil. I don't think Phil ever got that level of trust from Kobe. I think that's the bigger difference between them. Though I also agree that MJ, imho didn't let his glory chasing detract from winning to the same extent as Kobe. I don't see MJ having an 04 Pistons moment. Maybe it's unfair because at that age MJ wasn't tested in such a way.

But Kobe did make that last season all about himself. Something MJ didn't do with the Wizards.

houston
07-28-2022, 01:51 AM
lin always crying about something

LAL
07-28-2022, 03:38 AM
Lin didn't suck. He was raw talent who had a flare for the dramatic. As a Knicks fan, he put the team on his back in that limited time with us. But during that time, we were 20-15. In his 25 starts, he averaged 18/8 on 55% TS% and had 7 double doubles. Kobe's attitude was offsetting at times and I think he he could have cultivated a better team in his later years instead of overshooting the ball and putting guys down.

LOL he sucked, i don't care about those D'antoni stats. Even Darius Morris and Chris Duhon looked great in that system. Everyone signed lin expecting another linsanity.. one of the worst players i ever saw.

I really believe Kobe hated him and his big whiny mouth, his low level play and opportunities he didn't really deserve. Got stuck with him.

There were alot of games where Kobe didn't play where Lin and his teammates looked like trash as usual, could never win but yeah Lin has all the answers and wisdom.. blame old and injured Kobe because he hurt his feelings many times.

At least Kobe tried to find his shot instead of taking over PG duties playing for triple doubles.