PDA

View Full Version : Durant is old & washed up - did anyone watch the 1st Round against the Celtics?

3ba11
07-27-2022, 01:18 PM
The media and Celtics are fools for considering the trade

Jaylen is like 23 or something

ShawkFactory
07-27-2022, 01:26 PM
He'll be 26 this year.

A past his prime KD is still a significantly better player and if it was a straight up trade then the Celtics should, and would, absolutely do it. They would be fools not to.

It's when you start having to add on guys like Smart and Grant Williams plus 3 years of picks that it becomes iffy.

FultzNationRISE
07-27-2022, 01:37 PM
He'll be 26 this year.

A past his prime KD is still a significantly better player and if it was a straight up trade then the Celtics should, and would, absolutely do it. They would be fools not to.

It's when you start having to add on guys like Smart and Grant Williams plus 3 years of picks that it becomes iffy.

Pretty much.

Only question with Durant is does he even really care? Im not convinced he does. I know he still loves to “hoop” but Im not sure he’s all that motivated by career success. Him and Irving both have little if any professional motivation. Feels like theyre just there to collect checks and put up some shots for fun when they feel like it. I dont think they really care about results.

Thats the big caveat with Durant’s value. If he’s fully engaged and hungry and committed, he’s still worth a lot. But I dont think you can guarantee that. Theres a risk any little adversity will affect his sensitivities and cause him to disengage from a team that is otherwise trying to make a run. And if that happens, then youll probably regret even just trading him straight up for Brown.

He’s still got plenty of game but he’s mentally weak af.

RRR3
07-27-2022, 01:48 PM
Durant was washed up at age 33 when he made 2nd team all-NBA (only missing first team due to games missed) but LeBron is the worst player ever for what he does at 37 lol. Classic 3ball

ShawkFactory
07-27-2022, 02:03 PM
Pretty much.

Only question with Durant is does he even really care? Im not convinced he does. I know he still loves to “hoop” but Im not sure he’s all that motivated by career success. Him and Irving both have little if any professional motivation. Feels like theyre just there to collect checks and put up some shots for fun when they feel like it. I dont think they really care about results.

Thats the big caveat with Durant’s value. If he’s fully engaged and hungry and committed, he’s still worth a lot. But I dont think you can guarantee that. Theres a risk any little adversity will affect his sensitivities and cause him to disengage from a team that is otherwise trying to make a run. And if that happens, then youll probably regret even just trading him straight up for Brown.

He’s still got plenty of game but he’s mentally weak af.

That's a good point. You'd have to believe that him coming on to a young and hungry team that is consistently engaged would help keep him straight, at least for a season. The C's only problem last year was late-game offense, and Durant immediately solves that. I don't see any way that they aren't the favorites with him onboard and that can do wonders for someone who appears lazy. But you never know with him.

AlternativeAcc.
07-27-2022, 02:23 PM
With Durant they'd easily win the title

W/o Durant they're a garbage hustle team

TheGoatest
07-27-2022, 02:40 PM
:roll:

The Celtics want to trade the player who is least to blame for their loss against the Warriors for a player who is most to blame for the Nets' loss against the Celtics.

3ba11
07-27-2022, 03:05 PM
He'll be 26 this year.

Iffy?

Jaylen Brown is nearly as good as Durant right now, and nearly 10 years younger

Durant isn't that good anymore - the series against the Bucks was his last time dominating

You'll see - next year's playoff performance will be just like this year's

ShawkFactory
07-27-2022, 03:06 PM
Iffy?

Jaylen Brown is nearly as good as Durant right now, and nearly 10 years younger

Durant isn't that good anymore - the series against the Bucks was his last time dominating

You'll see - next year's playoff performance will be just like this year's

No.

AirBonner
07-27-2022, 03:07 PM
Brown is 10 years younger and misses more games then old ass Durant

3ba11
07-27-2022, 03:08 PM
No.

The 2022 Playoffs called.

They said yes he is

Fans and media are always slow to let go and LATE - meanwhile, how many things have I called ahead of time? A LOT of things... the Oubre troll aside

Gotterdammerung
07-27-2022, 03:11 PM
First of all, the Nets had a mismatched roster with shooters who lack size, and players with size but lack shooting. KD plus Kyrie wasn't sufficient to lead the Nets by a deeper, more balanced team in the Celtics.

While Durant played heroically in Game 4, with 39 points in 47 minutes, he only hit 13 of 31 from the field. The Celtics made him work for every shot.

The older you get, the less energy you have to compete at all levels in this game. Durant's age means he no longer has the same physical impact on the game he once had.

KD had a great season, despite the fact the Nets barely made the playoffs. And he ended up having a below-average series according to his high standards, well-established in the past.

Then again, none of this diminishes what he's done: 2 titles, 2 finals MVP, one regular season MVP, and 4 scoring titles.

After fleeing OKC to join the very team that beat him in a 7 game series, and then fleeing that team again just to prove he does not need a pre-existing championship culture to lead a team to the title, nobody knows what situation, if any, will fill whatever is missing for Durant.
:durantunimpressed:

ShawkFactory
07-27-2022, 03:13 PM
The 2022 Playoffs called.

They said yes he is

Fans and media are always slow to let go and LATE - meanwhile, how many things have I called ahead of time? A LOT of things... the Oubre troll aside

How are you ahead? :lol

I think people understand that Durant isn't quite what he was in 2014 or 2017. He's still a significantly better player than Jaylen Brown.

3ba11
07-27-2022, 03:25 PM
How are you ahead? :lol

I think people understand that Durant isn't quite what he was in 2014 or 2017. He's still a significantly better player than Jaylen Brown.

How am I not ahead

And Durant had a 13.6 PER in the 2022 Playoffs

I had to double check to make sure it was right.

So he isn't "significantly" better than Jaylen Brown... Not anymore

Back in the day, he could do the Deron Williams dribble to create space if all else failed - he lacks the physical force to do that anymore.

RRR3
07-27-2022, 03:26 PM
Durant was washed up at age 33 when he made 2nd team all-NBA (only missing first team due to games missed) but LeBron is the worst player ever for what he does at 37 lol. Classic 3ball
Crickets :lol

This stumped him bad.

Im so nba'd out
07-27-2022, 03:28 PM
Old and washed up… so he’s giving you “jordan wizard” vibes?

3ba11
07-27-2022, 03:44 PM
Old and washed up… so he’s giving you “jordan wizard” vibes?

13.6 PER in the 22' Playoffs... That's hard to do with a 26 ppg average.. He didn't play well

3ba11
07-27-2022, 03:47 PM

It's all about playoff performance and Lebron/Durant's latest confirms that they're on the downside

RRR3
07-27-2022, 04:25 PM
It's all about playoff performance and Lebron/Durant's latest confirms that they're on the downside
Ok so if LeBron’s on the downside you can stfu about what he does since he’s old and washed up :cheers:

Johnny32
07-27-2022, 04:29 PM
he's still a better scorer right now than any version of mj.

3ba11
07-27-2022, 04:40 PM
he's still a better scorer right now than any version of mj.

Jordan is the goat 2-point jumpshooter and shot maker.... BY FAR

So no

The goat must have all-time jumpshooting skill

This defeats maximum defensive attention (winning while carrying scoring load) and affects chemistry, ball movement and teammate development, aka the ability to win organically

ShawkFactory
07-27-2022, 04:56 PM
How am I not ahead

And Durant had a 13.6 PER in the 2022 Playoffs

I had to double check to make sure it was right.

So he isn't "significantly" better than Jaylen Brown... Not anymore

Back in the day, he could do the Deron Williams dribble to create space if all else failed - he lacks the physical force to do that anymore.

Oh boy. I’d love for this trade to happen just so we could see what Brown looks like as the main focus of a defense. Particularly in the playoffs.

He ain’t that dude. Good player...not a 1 on a good team.

3ba11
07-27-2022, 05:01 PM
Oh boy. I’d love for this trade to happen just so we could see what Brown looks like as the main focus of a defense. Particularly in the playoffs.

He ain’t that dude. Good player...not a 1 on a good team.

He would do better than a 13.6 PER and Durant did that with Kyrie, so he wasn't even the full focus

Durant was far better than Jaylen in his prime or even 2021, but he's DONE now.. I've seen it a million times - it happens suddenly

ShawkFactory
07-27-2022, 05:12 PM
Let’s also not ignore that Durant fills the Celtics primary need if they want to win a title: Shot-making when things slow down. If the Celtics had a guy who could truly create a good shot whenever they get so much better.

Part of the reason Durant played so poorly is because he had to do so much. On the Celtics he doesn’t really have to handle the ball or defend at a particularly high level. All he has to do is make shots and he’s on of the best ever at it. Even if he’s lost a step he can still do that at a high enough level to benefit a team who just needs that.

AlternativeAcc.
07-27-2022, 06:46 PM
Durant carried the Nets to the playoffs and would've been MVP candidate if healthy all year

Nets had no business even making the playoffs

3ba11
07-27-2022, 09:00 PM
Let’s also not ignore that Durant fills the Celtics primary need if they want to win a title: Shot-making when things slow down.

No

The Celtics just need to continue improving like the 90's Bulls.. They have more than enough scoring help but Tatum/Brown need to take 1 more step

Once they get over that hump - it's OVER - Tatum/Brown and company will be young enough to put a stranglehold on the league for YEARS..

You guys are just short-sighted and also in denial about Durant's decline - he isn't a top producer in the playoffs anymore - his 13.6 PER in these last playoffs should be ample proof - Jaylen and Tatum literally locked him up and he lacked his normal force to mitigate it.

Durant is like DeRozan now, who had a similar catastrophic drop in the playoffs

Btw, the media is pushing for this deal because it makes their job easier - fodder to talk about for weeks - they need this because they have low understanding of basketball..

ShawkFactory
07-27-2022, 09:08 PM
No

That’s literally the reason they lost. And why they almost lost to Miami.

In the last 3-4 minutes of games their offense was awful. Durant immediately solves that problem by giving them an elite shot-maker.

3ba11
07-27-2022, 09:23 PM

In the last 3-4 minutes of games their offense was awful. Durant immediately solves that problem by giving them an elite shot-maker.

Durant isn't an elite shot-maker anymore in the playoffs, so stop it

If the Celtics are getting the same Durant from the 2022 first round (and they are) then this is a horrific deal for them - they'll destroy the potential dynasty that they currently have

And the Celtics were up 2-1 on the Warriors - they just need to get a little better as a team and they'll be dominating everyone..

You think Tatum is done improving? A better Finals performance from him and the Celtics win easily

ShawkFactory
07-27-2022, 09:32 PM
Durant isn't an elite shot-maker anymore in the playoffs, so stop it

If the Celtics are getting the same Durant from the 2022 first round (and they are) then this is a horrific deal for them - they'll destroy the potential dynasty that they currently have

And the Celtics were up 2-1 on the Warriors - they just need to get a little better as a team and they'll be dominating everyone..

You think Tatum is done improving? A better Finals performance from him and the Celtics win easily

If you think Durant would ruin their chemistry with his sometimes pouty ways then I have no issue with that. It was actually alluded to earlier that this is a risk with him.

But he’s far a better player than Brown and if someone asks for a trade straight up everyone is doing it. The fact that he can play poorly and score 26 a game tells you what you need to know. Brown isn’t capable of that when he plays well.

AlternativeAcc.
07-27-2022, 09:36 PM
If you think Durant would ruin their chemistry with his sometimes pouty ways then I have no issue with that. It was actually alluded to earlier that this is a risk with him.

But he’s far a better player than Brown and if someone asks for a trade straight up everyone is doing it. The fact that he can play poorly and score 26 a game tells you what you need to know. Brown isn’t capable of that when he plays well.

I have an issue with that

Durant has never ruined chemistry on any team, actually the opposite

Durant/Tatum and company would dominate the league

90sgoat
07-27-2022, 09:38 PM
Jaylen Brown would be good for Mavs, but I don't see what Mavs have to offer.

THJ + Dorian Finney-Smith would be a decent roleplayer combo, but not enough I guess.

FultzNationRISE
07-27-2022, 09:53 PM

Bro, it's 3ball. Dont get sucked in :lol

3ba11
07-27-2022, 10:06 PM

Where did I say anything that remotely relates to his attitude?? He doesn't have a bad attitude and isn't pouty - that's sone mainstream media crap that you're regurgitating

I'll take it from the players like Jonas that Lebron is infact the pouter and crybaby

But keep taking your cues from a journalism major

But he’s far a better player than Brown and if someone asks for a trade straight up everyone is doing it.

Does that mean they're right???... How many times is everyone wrong???... All the time...

You don't seem to understand group-think

You guys (mainstream thinking) are MOSTLY wrong - you rarely get anything right.. You're fully-accustomed to being wrong and having to move on like nothing happened.

So the idea that "everyone would do it" isn't an argument

Btw, the media is pushing for this deal because it makes their job easier - it's fodder to talk about for weeks - they need this because they have low understanding of basketball..

The fact that he can play poorly and score 26 a game tells you what you need to know. Brown isn’t capable of that when he plays well.

I'd rather have Jaylen getting 24/7/4 on decent efficiency like he did in the ECF and Finals than Durant getting 26 on the worst efficiency ever (13 player efficiency rating, aka WOAT)..

The reason that I'm down on Durant is because he played as badly as I've ever seen a star play - I didn't even know it was possible to average 26 and have a 13 PER - that means he was horrific

I will bookmark this thread for when Durant is entirely underwhelming in next year's playoffs just like this year...

basketball isn't like golf - players can make sure they play to a certain standard every night, and Durant isn't able to in the playoffs anymore - the 1st Round was REVEALING and I'm not ignoring it (you are)

Brown isn’t capable of that when he plays well.

Even if Durant has 1 or 2 years left as a top player, that isn't worth trading away the dynasty for him.. It isn't okay to just get 1 ring and be done - that isn't worth trading away the potential dynasty.

And again, he isn't on that Giannis/Curry level anymore

Btw, don't bother posting Durant's sparkling regular season stats next year - it's about the PLAYOFFS and you're underestimating the difference

Durant is now DeRozan caliber, who had a similar cratering in the playoffs after a sparkling RS

Ultimately, you're just in denial about what we saw in these last playoffs and don't realize that it won't get better

And Lebron is even worse - his performance in 2021 first round will be twice as bad in 2023 - you'll see - I'm bookmarking this post

ShawkFactory
07-28-2022, 09:08 AM
Bro, it's 3ball. Dont get sucked in :lol

:bowdown:

At least I don't make my points long or take the time to dissect his entire posts.

PP34Deuce
07-28-2022, 09:33 AM
I actually think durant brown smart is better than Tatum durant.

Brown provides game changing athletic ability and defense. Durant is not a defensive elite player anymore. He's got height and good positioning

If zdudsnt was 30.myoud trade all those picks but not now.

Wally450
07-28-2022, 11:14 AM
Id rather stick with what he have currently, instead of trading vital role players and a possible star for a guy who’s 34, battling nagging injuries constantly, and has no competitive heart.

3ba11
07-28-2022, 08:56 PM
:bowdown:

At least I don't make my points long or take the time to dissect his entire posts.

You have to bold the main thing that the poster said and just respond to that

For example, you could've responded to my point that It isn't okay to just get 1 ring and be done - that isn't worth trading away the potential dynasty.

rmt
07-29-2022, 08:38 AM
:roll:

The Celtics want to trade the player who is least to blame for their loss against the Warriors for a player who is most to blame for the Nets' loss against the Celtics.

This - and to make it more lopsided - add their ages or young/old.

The Celtics are young, enthusiastic - why would they add a questionable (motive) iso Durant? Why not add a playmaker or better yet - have Jaylen and Tatum watch videos of Chris Paul, Steph or any great point guard and practice what they do (dribbling drills, etc). BOS stars are still young enough to improve on their ball-handling skills and cut down on what I thought was their downfall (turnovers) - (they were worn down too - theirs was a tough road to the Finals).

999Guy
07-29-2022, 09:51 AM
Durant is done being dominant. Foot injury to Achilles, he’s lost a ton of natural athleticism.

Now he can’t get separation off novel moves to the rim so a defense can really lock him up.

hold this L
07-29-2022, 12:01 PM
Durant is done being dominant. Foot injury to Achilles, he’s lost a ton of natural athleticism.

Now he can’t get separation off novel moves to the rim so a defense can really lock him up.

He just had one of the best RS of his entire career last season and in the Bucks series one of his career playoff series. Why do people say this dumb shit? Reason he played like trash vs the Celtics wasn't lack of athleticism.

SouBeachTalents
07-29-2022, 12:16 PM
He just had one of the best RS of his entire career last season and in the Bucks series one of his career playoff series. Why do people say this dumb shit? Reason he played like trash vs the Celtics wasn't lack of athleticism.
Don't get it twisted, he was DREADFUL against the Celtics, and of course anytime a player has a terrible playoff series their stock takes a hit, but people are making way too big a deal out of a 4 game sample size. As you said he was great in the regular season, and I guarantee in any top 5 player thread made last year, KD would've made 90% of the lists.

kawhileonard2
08-07-2022, 11:41 PM
He is still able to break Lebron though. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?489748-When-KD-and-Lebron-go-head-to-head