PDA

View Full Version : Durant tells Nets Owner: "Trade me or fire Sean Marks & Steve Nash"

1987_Lakers
08-08-2022, 04:06 PM
https://theathletic.com/3485297/2022/08/08/kevin-durant-nets-trade-steve-nash/

In a face-to-face meeting with Brooklyn Nets owner Joe Tsai over the weekend, All-NBA star Kevin Durant reiterated his trade request and informed Tsai that he needs to choose between Durant or the pairing of general manager Sean Marks and coach Steve Nash, sources tell The Athletic.

Durant stated he does not have faith in the team’s direction, sources said.

FultzNationRISE
08-08-2022, 04:10 PM
Brilliant way to encourage other coaches/GM's to stick their neck out and trade for you :roll:

8Ball
08-08-2022, 04:10 PM
Good.

Get that Nets owner to give us Kyrie already.

8Ball
08-08-2022, 04:11 PM
Brilliant way to encourage other coaches/GM's to stick their neck out and trade for you.

More so to force Tsai to take a damn offer already that's on the table.

Kblaze8855
08-08-2022, 04:14 PM
Well now I have a Twitter screenshot I can’t use.

Far as the content…yes. Sounds like something KD would say. Say and then bash the media for reporting it but…say.

The nets insider reporter told everyone two years ago he and Kyrie pretty much ran the team and I guess we will see how true it is.

If I’m them im ready to just have some young hard playing guys to rebuild around but…having traded all their picks?

I don’t know. Get a combo of youth and picks for KD and a few high character vets for Kyrie to help the team be decent enough your picks don’t land too high and make you look like an idiot. I’d tread water with youth before a full rebuild that cost me a few top 3 picks.

The picks they have away are unprotected right?

Thats rough. Nobody wants to be the clippers who traded what ended up the number one pick(Kyrie) for old Baron Davis.

Derka
08-08-2022, 04:14 PM
lmao, fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this guy. If Brad Stevens trades for this idiot, I'm out. I'll watch literally anything but the Celtics. They canned Kenny Atkinson because Durant said so, and now he wants Nash out.

8Ball
08-08-2022, 04:16 PM
Well now I have a Twitter screenshot I can’t use.

Far as the content…yes. Sounds like something KD would say. Say and then bash the media for reporting it but…say.

The nets insider reporter told everyone two years ago he and Kyrie pretty much ran the team and I guess we will see how true it is.

If I’m them into ready to just have some young hard playing guys to rebuild around but…having traded all their picks?

I don’t know. Get a combo of youth and picks for KD and a few high character vets for Kyrie to help the team be decent enough your picks don’t land too high and make you look like an idiot. I’d tread water with youth before a full rebuild that cost me a few top 3 picks.

The picks they have away are unprotected right?

Thats rough. Nobody wants to be the clippers who traded what ended up the number one pick(Kyrie) for old Baron Davis.

The owners are going to butt **** the players in the next CBA over max players demanding trades.

Ownership is screwed when players do this.

No team wants to give up every good player to get a max player. And teams with disgruntled stars dont want to start seasons eith disgruntled player.

They pretty much have to take 4 quarters when trading their "dollar".

FultzNationRISE
08-08-2022, 04:17 PM
More so to force Tsai to take a damn offer already that's on the table.

I mean, if it works, good for him.

We'll see if Tsai decides to 'go woke' to appease his laborers, or demonstrate at least a tiny bit of testicles and really send Irving and Durant into a huff.

Kblaze8855
08-08-2022, 04:19 PM
Brilliant way to encourage other coaches/GM's to stick their neck out and trade for you :roll:

Yea it’s really just an idiotic thing to say out loud. Don’t be a coach/gm killer where people can see you. And these days you know these insiders hear everything. Shams and Woj hiding in the shadows like Littlefinger and Varys listening to all your conversations plotting shit

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PlumpMealyBlackpanther-size_restricted.gif

You can’t even speak out loud. It’s gonna be on Twitter.

8Ball
08-08-2022, 04:21 PM
I mean, if it works, good for him.

We'll see if Tsai decides to 'go woke' to appease his laborers, or demonstrate a tiny bit of testicles and really send Irving and Durant into a huff.

He has no choice but the trade durant business wise.

The last time he let Durant make all the decisions he ended up in this situation. Durant came to the team when sean marks was the GM, Durant wanted Nash, Durant sided with Kyrie over Harden in the vaccine debacle. Durant had his hand in leading the Nets to this situation. Now Durant says its Sean Marks and Nash out or else?

You gotta cut your losses as a businessman and know when the writing is on the wall.

SouBeachTalents
08-08-2022, 04:25 PM
As immensely talented as he is, I would for real be weary of giving up a substantial haul for this guy. He's 34, injury prone, and just seems like he'd bring a toxic environment to any team he ends up with.

Unless I was able to get him for a relative bargain, which seems like is not gonna happen, I honestly don't think he's worth mortgaging your future for. Even when the Raptors traded for Kawhi on the last year of his deal, they basically only had to give up DeRozan.

Kblaze8855
08-08-2022, 04:27 PM
The owners are going to butt **** the players in the next CBA over max players demanding trades.

Ownership is screwed when players do this.

No team wants to give up every good player to get a max player. And teams with disgruntled stars dont want to start seasons eith disgruntled player.

They pretty much have to take 4 quarters when trading their "dollar".

Nah the new cba is gonna be so much money the players have leverage to get concessions elsewhere. Barring an agreed on cap smoothing the cap is about to jump more than it did in 2016 and teams will have 90 million dollar a season max contracts without expanded rosters, expansion, and other things to lessen the impact.

Everyones about to get so much richer I don’t think either side risks a lockout.

Besides what can you actually do? Guy who already has 390 million dollars says he won’t play for you what’s your leverage? Money he doesn’t need?

Sit him and lose instead of trade him and lose…plus extra picks? How do you put a limit on something not in the cba to begin with? Limiting trades in the first _____ years of a max contract?

How will teams dump guys they themselves don’t want then? You need an ample supply of max deal guys to make it easy to trade young for prime. Past his prime or just not deserving max guy plus good young guy…salaries and talent match to bring in a prime star.

Teams can only do so much and not **** themselves over. From what I read the owners are more upset about golden state just paying whatever to keep their talent. The luxury tax not being severe enough is probably a bigger issue than trade demands.

FultzNationRISE
08-08-2022, 04:30 PM
Funny thing is all the people involved in this fiasco - ownership, management, players - they all deserve each other and deserve to hold fat L’s.

So you love to see this kind of full-scale implosion.

RachlNicholsazz
08-08-2022, 04:42 PM
He has no choice but the trade durant business wise.

The last time he let Durant make all the decisions he ended up in this situation. Durant came to the team when sean marks was the GM, Durant wanted Nash, Durant sided with Kyrie over Harden in the vaccine debacle. Durant had his hand in leading the Nets to this situation. Now Durant says its Sean Marks and Nash out or else?

You gotta cut your losses as a businessman and know when the writing is on the wall.

He's so valuable though. If your c0ck starts growing a cancer do you cut it off?

FilmyCogTurner
08-08-2022, 05:27 PM
Its shit like this that makes supporting this league so intolerable. Nets should do a trade only if it works for them and if not tell his bitch ass he can suit up or stay home.

Real Men Wear Green
08-08-2022, 05:45 PM
Really don't want to see JB traded for this guy. Logically I understand who has more value but I don't want to see the Celtics let him take over and do whatever kind of silliness he sees for with no accountability. He wanted Nash, a coach that he basically didn't have to answer to, didn't he. And he wanted Irving with his nonsense. Who is he going to make them bring in next? Celtics should stay away from this kind of crap if possible.

FilmyCogTurner
08-08-2022, 05:52 PM
Back in the OKC days I never thought KD could derail his career this hard. The media/fans truly broke him the moment he signed with the Warriors and by all accounts it was a bitch move.

3ba11
08-08-2022, 06:19 PM

Nash should never have gotten the job

That was a horrific hire - it's like these guys doing the hiring HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT BASKETBALL

I'm glad to hear that KD's trade request had nothing to do with Kyrie and that was obviously fake news

hold this L
08-08-2022, 07:18 PM
1. Cupake and Flatearther were to the Nets because little Cancer watched them when he was young, and KD liked their culture. That includes the coach and GM.
2. Both push to fire the coach because he doesn't play their washed, worthless friend.. the one they demanded to get to the team and even did a S&T with the Warriors which is how Wiggins/Kuminga ended up at GS two years later.. helping them win a championship.
3. Hire Nash because he liked doing shooting drills with him at Golden State.
4. They had an elite supporting cast that was there, but this was the first time Kevin was playing in a team that doesn't have an MVP. It didn't sit right with him, so the GM did what Kevin wanted and traded all assets & talented depth for Harden.
5. They lose in the playoffs, Kyrie doesn't take the vaccine, they say he can't play next season until he does. They suck so much, that they go back on it.
6. Lose to the Celtics by 18 points throughout 4 games, all games that were winnable and Nets end up being the worst clutch team in the 1st round by every single metric, with the brick brothers conceding TOs or missing shots.
7. Kyrie gets angry that he doesn't get the max. Yet he has averaged very few games for 3 straight seasons, is injury prone, had the vaccine issues. Kevon Looney last season played more game than the dipshit did in 3 years.
8. Kyrie tries to look around and see who wants to sign him, only the Lakers due to Lebron are interested and in a discount deal. Keep in mind this is 2 weeks after he said they intend to make a name for themselves with KD as he looks for another team. Same thing as when he told the Boston crowd he'd love to stay a long time before dipping. Little snake putting in work.
9. Kyrie when nobody wants him accepts the player option to play with the Nets for 1 year.
10. Now KD wants the GM and coach he was partly responsible for hiring both out of the team to stay. Despite the fact that he joined the team and missed an entire year, and yet he got paid close to 40m for it. So he signs a long-term deal because he's injury prone post 2019 injury and does this.

You can't even make this shit up at this point.

https://c.tenor.com/fWg9gm1CrdYAAAAC/lebron-james-crying.gif

Real Men Wear Green
08-08-2022, 08:36 PM
Also noteworthy, the Nets may be leaking too much. They hurt their ability to negotiate with the Celtics when they leaked the Celtics interest because they put the Celtics in the position of having to badly alienate Brown if they expresses interest. This leak would increase the pressure on Durant should the Nets make him happy (or as happy as he can be made) and get rid of coach and gm. Not to mention furthering their own image as a puppet franchise. It could be that they are just pissed off and want to make him look like a bigger jerk before showing him the door but if they have any desire to keep him they should be keeping these kinds of demands secret.

Kblaze8855
08-08-2022, 08:38 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2208090608000108.jpeg

imdaman99
08-08-2022, 08:56 PM
They canned Kenny Atkinson because Durant said so, and now he wants Nash out.

This is the one I am having the biggest issue with. Atkinson was a bright mind and worked wonders with the guys they had there before KD and Kyrie decided to crash the party. KD is as unlikeable as it gets, and I root for one of the more unlikeable guys in the league :lol I am self aware ok

fsvr54
08-08-2022, 10:03 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2208090608000108.jpeg

The asking price for KD has just gone down, now it should be more reasonable

hold this L
08-08-2022, 11:23 PM
The asking price for KD has just gone down, now it should be more reasonable

Or you know.. Tsai doesn't give a **** and expects him to finish his contract. If the guy is pissed, the last thing he wants to do is trade Kevin to a team which the situation allows him to win a ring. He can't tank until 2027 either.

kawhileonard2
08-08-2022, 11:46 PM
Why did he sign a 4 year extension when this was already the case?

8Ball
08-09-2022, 12:06 AM
Or you know.. Tsai doesn't give a **** and expects him to finish his contract. If the guy is pissed, the last thing he wants to do is trade Kevin to a team which the situation allows him to win a ring. He can't tank until 2027 either.

Doesn't work that way unless Tsai is okay with everyone in organization being miserable for 4 years. If Sean Marks and Nash quits, now he has to re-hire an entire front office and the Durant issue isn't yet resolved. He can't run the contract out.

You have tickets to sell, business to run, media to handle, coaching to deal with, 82 games to play, an entire team to deal with. Houston wanted to do the same with Harden until Harden said publicly after a few games that he didn't believe in Houston coaching staff and then the coaches revolted and forced Houston to trade Harden.

Same thing will happen.

8Ball
08-09-2022, 12:09 AM
1. Cupake and Flatearther were to the Nets because little Cancer watched them when he was young, and KD liked their culture. That includes the coach and GM.
2. Both push to fire the coach because he doesn't play their washed, worthless friend.. the one they demanded to get to the team and even did a S&T with the Warriors which is how Wiggins/Kuminga ended up at GS two years later.. helping them win a championship.
3. Hire Nash because he liked doing shooting drills with him at Golden State.
4. They had an elite supporting cast that was there, but this was the first time Kevin was playing in a team that doesn't have an MVP. It didn't sit right with him, so the GM did what Kevin wanted and traded all assets & talented depth for Harden.
5. They lose in the playoffs, Kyrie doesn't take the vaccine, they say he can't play next season until he does. They suck so much, that they go back on it.
6. Lose to the Celtics by 18 points throughout 4 games, all games that were winnable and Nets end up being the worst clutch team in the 1st round by every single metric, with the brick brothers conceding TOs or missing shots.
7. Kyrie gets angry that he doesn't get the max. Yet he has averaged very few games for 3 straight seasons, is injury prone, had the vaccine issues. Kevon Looney last season played more game than the dipshit did in 3 years.
8. Kyrie tries to look around and see who wants to sign him, only the Lakers due to Lebron are interested and in a discount deal. Keep in mind this is 2 weeks after he said they intend to make a name for themselves with KD as he looks for another team. Same thing as when he told the Boston crowd he'd love to stay a long time before dipping. Little snake putting in work.
9. Kyrie when nobody wants him accepts the player option to play with the Nets for 1 year.
10. Now KD wants the GM and coach he was partly responsible for hiring both out of the team to stay. Despite the fact that he joined the team and missed an entire year, and yet he got paid close to 40m for it. So he signs a long-term deal because he's injury prone post 2019 injury and does this.

You can't even make this shit up at this point.

https://c.tenor.com/fWg9gm1CrdYAAAAC/lebron-james-crying.gif

I am enjoying this very much but you're enjoying this way too much :roll:

HighFlyer23
08-09-2022, 09:42 AM
Durant is not a man not even a little girl

John8204
08-09-2022, 10:29 AM
Does KD think that rings are going to fix his legacy? This is honestly embarrassing way to lower your trade value KD, Pat Riley is likely the only person that would be willing to take this head case on and they are going to need to do a three team deal because Bam Robinson and Lowry are the only players I would move.

Xiao Yao You
08-09-2022, 10:32 AM
The Nets did not respond to a request for comment. A message sent to Rich Kleiman, Durant’s business partner, went unanswered. A source close to the Nets organization indicated Durant is not the only Nets star unhappy with the team’s leadership. “Kyrie Irving hates these guys,” the source said. “He feels that Nash is terrible and Marks is bad.” (https://nypost.com/2022/08/08/kevin-durant-to-joe-tsai-pick-me-or-sean-marks-steve-nash/)

– via Mark W. Sanchez, Josh Kosman @ New York Post (https://nypost.com/2022/08/08/kevin-durant-to-joe-tsai-pick-me-or-sean-marks-steve-nash/)

who the **** other than Durant cares what Kyrie thinks. What a clown!

Wally450
08-09-2022, 10:34 AM
Dude is such a team destroyer. Might legitimately be up there with Kyrie. Glad they're together.

Real Men Wear Green
08-09-2022, 10:42 AM
Does KD think that rings are going to fix his legacy? This is honestly embarrassing way to lower your trade value KD, Pat Riley is likely the only person that would be willing to take this head case on and they are going to need to do a three team deal because Bam Robinson and Lowry are the only players I would move.

Winning a championship goes get the general public to forget the more negative parts of a player's history. But if he does get traded whoever trades for him is going to have to give up so much that he won't be able to win there either

Real Men Wear Green
08-09-2022, 10:43 AM
Dude is such a team destroyer. Might legitimately be up there with Kyrie. Glad they're together.

Is kind of spectacular that the two teams they abandoned to win together just played for the championship.

FultzNationRISE
08-09-2022, 11:00 AM
Nash should never have gotten the job

That was a horrific hire - it's like these guys doing the hiring HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT BASKETBALL

Cant argue with you there. Nash is a beta male. Which makes his fitness for leadership pretty questionable. He’ll probably publicly apologize to Durant in light of this, for “anything Ive done wrong, and any subconscious microaggressions, and for not being a good enough ally” etc etc and whatever other silliness guys like him can be easily intimidated and pushed around with.

SATAN
08-09-2022, 11:31 AM
Is kind of spectacular that the two teams they abandoned to win together just played for the championship.

It's crazy. I can't even take these two players seriously as human beings anymore. Especially when they pretend to be humble.

FKAri
08-09-2022, 11:55 AM
This racehorse has outlived his usefulness. Tsai should take him out back and put him out of his misery.

jayfan
08-09-2022, 02:33 PM

Two years ago it was clearly true. That's why Kenny Atkinson was fired.

Whether it's still true, we'll see soon enough.

I'm with you. Get rid of them both.

FilmyCogTurner
08-09-2022, 03:00 PM
Mods, can we please rename thread title to Re: Durant tells Nets Owner: "I'm a bitch"

hold this L
08-11-2022, 12:27 AM
I am enjoying this very much but you're enjoying this way too much :roll:

https://i.gifer.com/YT8.gif

AlternativeAcc.
08-11-2022, 12:55 AM
Durant made Nets championship contenders

Only injuries to Harden and Simmons lowered their success

People's perception of Durant is hilariously backwards. You guys are preposterously stupid

AlternativeAcc.
08-11-2022, 12:56 AM
https://i.gifer.com/YT8.gif

Speaking of which... here's a generational cuck/moron :lol

warriorfan
08-11-2022, 01:12 AM
Absolutely fuming.

We win. :lol

:banana:

hold this L
08-11-2022, 01:17 AM
Durant made Nets championship contenders

Only injuries to Harden and Simmons lowered their success

People's perception of Durant is hilariously backwards. You guys are preposterously stupid

Championship contenders = 1 playoff series win in 3 years :lol

Nike D'Antoni
11-01-2022, 10:50 PM
Kevin Durant said he was shocked to find out that Steve Nash was no longer head coach. #Nets #NBA #NetsWorld
https://twitter.com/Krisplashed/status/1587631200994222080

Nike D'Antoni
11-01-2022, 10:51 PM
KD: fire Nash or I’m requesting a trade

Also KD when Nash gets fired:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FghoNa5XwAIyk9A?format=jpg&name=900x900