PDA

View Full Version : Make your NBA fajitas.

Kblaze8855
08-10-2022, 05:10 PM
I was listening to an argument about what foods smell and look/sound the best but often aren’t as great tasting as the other senses lead you to believe. Not necessarily overrated and definitely not “bad” just…not as good a finished product meal in your mouth as the smell/sight/sound of them make you feel it should be. Fajitas were a hotly contested pick along with things like popcorn, coffee, and turkey. Smell and look great…and are good….just…not as good as you thought they would be. You don’t necessarily regret the order…but the end result wasn’t what your evaluation pre taste led you to believe you had.

Here is what I’m asking for….

Protein: The main ingredient. Your best example. Feel free to give two if you want. Who doesn’t love a good steak/chicken or shrimp/steak fajita? Again to be clear…you don’t necessarily have to even think this person is overrated. He’s just…not quiiiiite as tasty as you expected when you evaluated him from afar. It should be someone you do like and/or respect. Just…not as delicious as you thought when you saw/smelled/heard him coming to the table.

The others are just extra.

Cheese -

Onions -

Peppers -

Salsa -

Tortilla -

if you wanna fill out the meal.

Ill put mine together in a moment but I’ll tell you…I think David Robinson is my main protein. He was good. Great even. But he should have been like…top 5 meal of all time. He was merely satisfying. I wouldn’t return him. I’d even compliment the cook if he came by to ask how it was.

Its fine. Fine for a first pick even. But…I wanted a meal to talk about. To bring me back when I’m back in this city. Like the short ribs I had in 82 Queen in Charleston. I go back there when I don’t have any other reason to be in Charleston. That’s a great meal.

David Robinson was supposed to be that good. He was good. Great even. But I won’t stop in his town just to get another plate of David Robinson.

A lesser guy is maybe…Rudy Gay?

I liked Rudy Gay. I’d buy him again. But the package he presented at a glance? Athletic, a jumper, and natural fluid movement? He should have been more than he was. That guy smelled great coming out the kitchen. And I’m ok I ordered him. But I’m less than blown away.

So my start is….

Drob as my steak
Rudy is my cheese

Ill finish later. And maybe toss in another protein. Larry Johnson might be Shrimp.

You go.

warriorfan
08-10-2022, 05:14 PM
Or if you are too impatient to make a legitimate, home cooked meal. You can step out and go to McBronalds.

Spurs m8
08-10-2022, 05:16 PM
Or if you are too impatient to make a legitimate, home cooked meal. You can step out and go to McBronalds.

:roll:

The depth of this post is :applause:

RRR3
08-10-2022, 05:16 PM
deranged posters ruining an interesting thread. ISH ladies and gentlemen.

Spurs m8
08-10-2022, 05:17 PM

And you crying about other posters....vintage ISH

warriorfan
08-10-2022, 05:23 PM

You ruin the entire forum.

Kblaze8855
08-10-2022, 05:25 PM
I’m actually stuck in traffic headed to California dreaming for dinner. I’m sure there’s a Lebron western conference joke for someone really willing to reach for it.

Full Court
08-10-2022, 05:43 PM
In my NBA fajita

Evan Mobley is the guacamole.

Bronie is the kernels of corn that ruin the texture

Marcus Smart is the sour cream.

Duncan Robinson is the cheese.

ShawkFactory
08-10-2022, 05:58 PM
Kenny Anderson is the slightly undercooked onions.

Kblaze8855
08-10-2022, 06:05 PM
Baron Davis is think is my peppers. I loved Baron Davis. But at a glance? The athleticism, handles, craftiness, passing, and attacking ability? He should have tasted a bit better. He’s good. He’s not as good as I wanted him to be off the smell and eye test.

Kblaze8855
08-10-2022, 06:14 PM
Kenny Anderson is the slightly undercooked onions.

Kenny is a good one. He can be the slightly undercooked ones you initially eat off the hot surface and Jamaal Tinsley is the shitty over cooked ones at the end of the meal that scorched from being on the plate for 20 minutes. Still not bad…but not as good as they should be.

Gohan
08-10-2022, 06:47 PM
Baron Davis is think is my peppers. I loved Baron Davis. But at a glance? The athleticism, handles, craftiness, passing, and attacking ability? He should have tasted a bit better. He’s good. He’s not as good as I wanted him to be off the smell and eye test.

Mad sus

ClipperRevival
08-10-2022, 07:12 PM

https://c.tenor.com/JJCQq0eUvT0AAAAS/got-em-lmao.gif

ClipperRevival
08-10-2022, 07:17 PM
You ruin the entire forum.

This

Proctor
08-10-2022, 07:58 PM

:roll:

ShawkFactory
08-10-2022, 08:16 PM

Who makes home cooked fajitas..

The entire point is that you’re ordering this in a restaurant.

RRR3
08-10-2022, 08:52 PM

Reading long posts is beyond him.

highwhey
08-10-2022, 11:14 PM

this is his living room:

https://i.postimg.cc/kXBDZKpL/3290-B0-DC-DBDE-4-D3-F-99-DA-8-CEA845949-A4.jpg

Axe
08-10-2022, 11:39 PM
this is his living room:

https://i.postimg.cc/kXBDZKpL/3290-B0-DC-DBDE-4-D3-F-99-DA-8-CEA845949-A4.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/BTDBZCj/IMG-20220811-113802.jpg

But shotty's on the floor. :(

Bawkish
08-10-2022, 11:47 PM
McBronalds is perfect

Easy on-the-go and quick enough to manage your hunger for a while

In terms of long time consuming, it's basically cancer

FilmyCogTurner
08-11-2022, 12:24 PM
Meat - Kevin Durant.

Complete package of a player with GOAT tier scoring talent to great defender when not tasked with the scoring load. Looks and feels like a top 12 player of all time. You have yourself some filet mignon and it is filet mignon but the cook ****ed up and your steak is Chicago style/well done. In the end your happy to have it but you know in the end this isn't exactly what you wanted but you eat it anyway.

Cheese - I got nothing... Mitch Richmond?

Kblaze8855
08-11-2022, 12:43 PM
I think

Steak - Drob
Cheese - Baron Davis
Peppers - Rudy Gay
Onions - Shawn Kemp
Salsa - Larry Johnson

Thats looks okay to me. Drob is definitely my protein.

Kblaze8855
08-11-2022, 12:44 PM
Meat - Kevin Durant.

Complete package of a player with GOAT tier scoring talent to great defender when not tasked with the scoring load. Looks and feels like a top 12 player of all time. You have yourself some filet mignon and it is filet mignon but the cook ****ed up and your steak is Chicago style/well done. In the end your happy to have it but you know in the end this isn't exactly what you wanted but you eat it anyway.

Cheese - I got nothing... Mitch Richmond?

The podcast discussion actually led to them naming KD the fajitas of the nba on the next podcast. There was some disagreement though.

FilmyCogTurner
08-11-2022, 12:56 PM
The podcast discussion actually led to them naming KD the fajitas of the nba on the next podcast. There was some disagreement though.

Difficult to mention KDs name and not have some type of disagreement around it, its a constant debate in the group chats that I am in.

My dumb kid opinion would throw Derek Anderson in the mix as well. Good size shooting guard, athletic with a good first step and a three ball. Had all the tools to be better.

And now thinking about how can we not mention Vince Carter. That mother****er was smelling real good coming out of the oven. If only he had the Kobe/Michael gene.

Kblaze8855
08-11-2022, 01:00 PM
Yea Vince did arrive with some sizzle, passed the eye test with flying colors, and smelled like a great meal but…just…did it quiiiiiite fill you up. Something was definitely missing even though it was good. It wasn’t as satisfying as it should be.

MrFonzworth
08-11-2022, 01:20 PM

:lol