PDA

View Full Version : What is the attraction to Fentanyl??

Patrick Chewing
08-15-2022, 11:25 AM
You're talking to someone who hasn't touched a drug in years, so I'm just amazed and flabbergasted at how addicted Americans are to hard drugs. Maybe our resident druggie highweight can elaborate for me, but I'm only asking this question about Fentanyl seeing as Anne Heche had Fentanyl in her system before she decided to get boozed up and drive a car into a house, burning over 80% of her body and subsequently dying as a result leaving two children behind.

What kind of a drug is this? What does it do? How does it make you feel?

highwhey
08-15-2022, 11:38 AM
if you take fentanyl you're trying to die. it's not a drug an addict will use regularly and make it out alive. it's very easy to OD with it. it's like a hardcore version of heroin/opiates, same class of drugs just much more hardcore.

MrFonzworth
08-15-2022, 12:49 PM
if you take fentanyl you're trying to die. it's not a drug an addict will use regularly and make it out alive. it's very easy to OD with it. it's like a hardcore version of heroin/opiates, same class of drugs just much more hardcore.

This is wrong. You develop a tolerance to fentanyl quickly and thus develop a durability to it. Most of the deaths the people didn't know their dope was laced with fentanyl and they didn't have a tolerance so it ended up being a lethal dose

People knowingly hitting fentanyl are generally experienced drug users and know how to take it safely with no danger or risk.

diamenz
08-15-2022, 01:07 PM
isn't fentanyl cut with heroin by street dealers in order to not only fill the bag but make the product more powerful? i can recall mainstream news stories from years ago about suburban kids buying h from the hood and od'ing back at home.

highwhey
08-15-2022, 01:14 PM
This is wrong. You develop a tolerance to fentanyl quickly and thus develop a durability to it. Most of the deaths the people didn't know their dope was laced with fentanyl and they didn't have a tolerance so it ended up being a lethal dose

People knowingly hitting fentanyl are generally experienced drug users and know how to take it safely with no danger or risk.

hmmmm no. not from what i have heard inside the walls of the meetings i go to. and i;ve heard some wild shit from experienced junkies, if you take fentanyl you're ok with the high likeliness of OD'ing. it's 50-100 times MORE potent than morphine. yeah some drugs are lace and people OD from not knowingly consuming it, but even the ones who have done it before are at risk of OD'ing...that's the dangerous part of it, it's extremely potent and as with any drug, you develop a tolerance to the euphoria, you inch closer to OD'ing every time you up your dosage/amount.

been to traphouses...people doing fentanyl don't last very long.

highwhey
08-15-2022, 01:15 PM
isn't fentanyl cut with heroin by street dealers in order to not only fill the bag but make the product more powerful? i can recall mainstream news stories from years ago about suburban kids buying h from the hood and od'ing back at home.

yes. thats why no one knowingly does fentanyl...not anyone that wants to live.

ShawkFactory
08-15-2022, 01:16 PM

Yes. It's not a drug that standard addicts typically seek out.

Dealers can wholesale purchase an inferior product and cut it with fentanyl to make up for it.

MrFonzworth
08-15-2022, 01:36 PM
hmmmm no. not from what i have heard inside the walls of the meetings i go to. and i;ve heard some wild shit from experienced junkies, if you take fentanyl you're ok with the high likeliness of OD'ing. it's 50-100 times MORE potent than morphine. yeah some drugs are lace and people OD from not knowingly consuming it, but even the ones who have done it before are at risk of OD'ing...that's the dangerous part of it, it's extremely potent and as with any drug, you develop a tolerance to the euphoria, you inch closer to OD'ing every time you up your dosage/amount.

Congratulations on visiting a trap house. Did they have a fentanyl exhibition on display for you?

ODing and dying are two different things. Experienced junkies have resources like narcan to prevent you from dying. Fentanyl isn't as dangerous if you're prepared, and there's plenty of resources that are free to the public that prevent it from killing you

MrFonzworth
08-15-2022, 01:36 PM
yes. thats why no one knowingly does fentanyl...not anyone that wants to live.

This is wrong. I suggest anyone who believes this use google

Patrick Chewing
08-15-2022, 01:41 PM
So what is Fentanyl and why do people use it?

highwhey
08-15-2022, 02:18 PM
This is wrong. I suggest anyone who believes this use google

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/021/665/DpQ9YJl.png

lemme google how the streetz work

highwhey
08-15-2022, 02:21 PM
Congratulations on visiting a trap house. Did they have a fentanyl exhibition on display for you?

ODing and dying are two different things. Experienced junkies have resources like narcan to prevent you from dying. Fentanyl isn't as dangerous if you're prepared, and there's plenty of resources that are free to the public that prevent it from killing you
again, i've been in the rooms with people who have used it both knowingly and accidentally. the ones who used it on purpose did it as a suicide attempt or knew they could OD and didn't give a fvck. and lol at carrying narcan, cuz it's like warzone where you just inject yourself when your down and your gucci right? if you OD, you'll be unconscious dumbass, and the person shooting H next to you is probably nodding off so they won't reach in your backpack for the narcan. if you're a chick that OD's in a traphouse, guarantee they'll try to rape you before helping you. if you're a dude, you're getting robbed and dumped in an alley somewhere.

rawimpact
08-15-2022, 02:33 PM

This is as cringe as listening to the game talk

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/kN1yuqEIQnk

Axe
08-15-2022, 03:24 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/image.php?u=827668&dateline=1624237688&type=thumb

I've heard this fool has been on fentanyl for a very long time now.

MrFonzworth
08-15-2022, 04:07 PM
again, i've been in the rooms with people who have used it both knowingly and accidentally. the ones who used it on purpose did it as a suicide attempt or knew they could OD and didn't give a fvck. and lol at carrying narcan, cuz it's like warzone where you just inject yourself when your down and your gucci right? if you OD, you'll be unconscious dumbass, and the person shooting H next to you is probably nodding off so they won't reach in your backpack for the narcan. if you're a chick that OD's in a traphouse, guarantee they'll try to rape you before helping you. if you're a dude, you're getting robbed and dumped in an alley somewhere.

Meltdown. Your anecdotes doesnt represent the entirety of the drug world. Narcan saves thousands of lives each year. Your hypotheticals show you really arent familiar with the drug world even though your entire argument backpacks off your claims. You think junkies are savages that will rape or rob any suitable chance they get which says a lot about you.

MrFonzworth
08-15-2022, 04:08 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/021/665/DpQ9YJl.png

lemme google how the streetz work

In the streetz you get raped and robbed. Sure guy.

highwhey
08-15-2022, 04:12 PM
Meltdown. Your anecdotes doesnt represent the entirety of the drug world. Narcan saves thousands of lives each year. Your hypotheticals show you really arent familiar with the drug world even though your entire argument backpacks off your claims. You think junkies are savages that will rape or rob any suitable chance they get which says a lot about you.

google doesn't depict an accurate picture of the entire drug world either. and it's not junkies raping chicks in traphouses, they're getting high too. it's the dope dealers...cuz you know, they're probably not shooting H.

there's other people in this thread that have collaborated, no one uses fentanyl like they use H or opiates. you're a dumbass if you think they do. it's 50-100x more potent than morphine...lmao.

MrFonzworth
08-15-2022, 07:28 PM
google doesn't depict an accurate picture of the entire drug world either. and it's not junkies raping chicks in traphouses, they're getting high too. it's the dope dealers...cuz you know, they're probably not shooting H.

there's other people in this thread that have collaborated, no one uses fentanyl like they use H or opiates. you're a dumbass if you think they do. it's 50-100x more potent than morphine...lmao.

Yea you already said this little factoid. Your body develops tolerance to the drug much faster than heroin does so it's less dangerous the more you use it. People absolutely do use fentanyl like heroin, you realize fentanyl addicts can't surpress their withdrawals with just heroin right? Did you even know there are fentanyl addicts? They didn't cover this in the trap house you visited?

Like I said, most of the deaths come from people who didn't realize what they were taking were cut, so they weren't prepared for it. This narrative that people don't seek out the drug is nonsense and is easily refuted with one Google search. Some cities are fentanyl hotspots with no heroin whatsoever.

GrayGoat
08-15-2022, 07:56 PM
How did you get clean fonz?

SATAN
08-15-2022, 09:53 PM
The only way to know for sure is to try it, OP.

Patrick Chewing
08-15-2022, 09:57 PM
The only way to know for sure is to try it, OP.

I will.

Nanners
08-16-2022, 05:43 AM
So what is Fentanyl and why do people use it?

As you know, fentanyl is an opiate (the family of drugs that includes oxy, morphine, heroin) and feels similar to them. The thing that makes fent dangerous is that it is like 100x more potent than morphine. The reason so many people are overdosing on fent right now is because drug dealers are using it to cut other drugs like coke and heroin (since its insanely cheap and a little goes such a long way), but unless you are very good at math and have the professional equipment and training required to safely measure and mix it, the final product will often have hot spots of fentanyl that cause overdoses

Anyway, its used by the medical industry as a painkiller. I had a big surgery and hospital stay a while back, and when I came out of anesthesia I was hooked up to a fentanyl drip. Felt like morphine to me.

Nanners
08-16-2022, 05:57 AM
Yea you already said this little factoid. Your body develops tolerance to the drug much faster than heroin does so it's less dangerous the more you use it. People absolutely do use fentanyl like heroin, you realize fentanyl addicts can't surpress their withdrawals with just heroin right? Did you even know there are fentanyl addicts? They didn't cover this in the trap house you visited?

Nonsense, opiates are opiates just like alcohol is alcohol. Saying that someone is addicted to fentanyl is like saying someone is addicted to everclear... even if someone is a raging alcoholic that only ever drinks everclear, they can still suppress their withdrawals just fine with other forms of alcohol.

The only opiate addicts who intentionally use fentanyl fit into one of these categories

1) they have access to a supply that has been safely measured/dosed (like prescription fentanyl patches)
2) are extremely desperate and have no money or no access to other options
3) no longer care about being on this world

Like I said, most of the deaths come from people who didn't realize what they were taking were cut, so they weren't prepared for it.

This is 100% correct.

MrFonzworth
08-16-2022, 01:51 PM
Nonsense, opiates are opiates just like alcohol is alcohol. Saying that someone is addicted to fentanyl is like saying someone is addicted to everclear... even if someone is a raging alcoholic that only ever drinks everclear, they can still suppress their withdrawals just fine with other forms of alcohol.

The only opiate addicts who intentionally use fentanyl fit into one of these categories

1) they have access to a supply that has been safely measured/dosed (like prescription fentanyl patches)

This is 100% correct.

Wrong on several levels.

Nonsense, opiates are opiates just like alcohol is alcohol.

You have a misunderstanding of what an opiate is. Alcohol is alcohol, opiates are chemically modified compounds that each serve different purposes, have different side effects, and when abused, require different treatment. See the difference?

even if someone is a raging alcoholic that only ever drinks everclear, they can still suppress their withdrawals just fine with other forms of alcohol.

And if a Percocet addict takes the recommended methadone dose for a fentanyl addict, they will die. See the importance of distinguishing addictions in the medical field? There is no one size fits all treatment plan for opiates, the medical recommendation for one substance can be counterproductive for another.

Again this is wrong. There's been several different peer reviewed studies as well as anonymous interviews and surveys suggesting fentanyl is quickly becoming a drug of choice for many users.

This is 100% correct.

Though you are correct, you don't get credit for this because you somehow completely missed the point it was supporting. Your entire post is outdated rubbish.

Nanners
08-16-2022, 06:19 PM
You have a misunderstanding of what an opiate is. Alcohol is alcohol, opiates are chemically modified compounds that each serve different purposes, have different side effects, and when abused, require different treatment. See the difference?

Opiates have slight chemical differences (thats the only way to patent one of them), but functionally they are all virtually identical. The treatment for an overdose is the same regardless of whether the user took heroin, morphine, oxy, fentanyl, etc... they are all treated with Naloxone aka Narcan. https://substanceabusepolicy.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13011-019-0195-4

And if a Percocet addict takes the recommended methadone dose for a fentanyl addict, they will die. See the importance of distinguishing addictions in the medical field? There is no one size fits all treatment plan for opiates, the medical recommendation for one substance can be counterproductive for another.

Thats because those drugs have wildly different potency, not because they function in different ways.

Again this is wrong. There's been several different peer reviewed studies as well as anonymous interviews and surveys suggesting fentanyl is quickly becoming a drug of choice for many users.

Can you link me to a few of these studies?

And I am not wrong... yes there are some people whose drug of choice is fentanyl, and I acknowledged these people in my post - they are the folks who have access to the pharmaceutical fentanyl patches.