Archibald

1987_Lakers
08-15-2022, 05:18 PM
1. Nash
2. Frazier
3. Kidd
4. Westbrook
5. Archibald

You can flip flop Fraizer & Kidd if you want, both similar in terms of impact, but Frazier has become underrated as the years have passed.

1987_Lakers
08-15-2022, 05:18 PM
That's pretty brutal. I guess I'd go

Nash
Frazier
Kidd
Westbrook
Archibald

It's crazy how similar we see things.

Kblaze8855
08-15-2022, 05:52 PM
Walt Was a much better basketball player than modern fans would believe but at the same time a lot of you wouldn’t call him a point guard. He was a scorer and man to man defender on a team that played like a team. Like Tony Parker plus defense and a better shooting touch midrange and in the post.

He was like…Tony Parker meets Jimmy Butler but a better shooter than either with no 3 point line to justify using more range.

John8204
08-15-2022, 05:55 PM
1. Walt Frazier
2. Jason Kidd
3. Tiny Archibald
4. Steve Nash
5. Russell Westbrook

John8204
08-15-2022, 06:07 PM
Walt Was a much better basketball player than modern fans would believe but at the same time a lot of you wouldn’t call him a point guard. He was a scorer and man to man defender on a team that played like a team. Like Tony Parker plus defense and a better shooting touch midrange and in the post.

He was like…Tony Parker meets Jimmy Butler but a better shooter than either with no 3 point line to justify using more range.

To me Frazier is stupidly underrated you look at those stat lines, he led his team in scoring, assists, and he was a defensive shut player. Also the entire starting lineup in most seasons averaged atleast 10 PPG

1987_Lakers
08-15-2022, 07:08 PM
1. Walt Frazier
2. Jason Kidd
3. Tiny Archibald
4. Steve Nash
5. Russell Westbrook

Archibald over Nash?

https://c.tenor.com/JEj4FA-lXdEAAAAM/confused-jaguarsfan.gif

PeroAntic
08-15-2022, 07:16 PM
1. Walt Frazier
2. Jason Kidd
3. Tiny Archibald
4. Steve Nash
5. Russell Westbrook

I'd only switch Kidd and Frazier. Kidd was an incredible point guard. He really made a team tick, and he didn't need Mike Dantoni to arrange the game for him to do that.

Actually, I'd also swich Nash and Archibald. Two MVPs is still two MVPs.

What we can all agree on is that Westbrick comes dead last.

John8204
08-15-2022, 07:21 PM
Archibald over Nash?

Tiny's career average for PPG is actually the same as Nash's peak (18.8), he has a championship while Nash never made the finals. Of all the players he's the one with the highest PPG (34 in 73)

1987_Lakers
08-15-2022, 07:23 PM
I'd only switch Kidd and Frazier. Kidd was an incredible point guard. He really made a team tick, and he didn't need Mike Dantoni to arrange the game for him to do that.

Actually, I'd also swich Nash and Archibald. Two MVPs is still two MVPs.

What we can all agree on is that Westbrick comes dead last.

Nash at age 35 was leading his team to the WCF without D'Antoni, he was also probably the league's best point guard that year as well.

1987_Lakers
08-15-2022, 07:27 PM
Tiny's career average for PPG is actually the same as Nash's peak (18.8), he has a championship while Nash never made the finals. Of all the players he's the one with the highest PPG (34 in 73)

"He has a championship"

Yes, playing with Bird, Parish & McHale.

Archibald wishes he could transform a team like Nash did.

SouBeachTalents
08-15-2022, 07:32 PM
"He has a championship"

He makes THE dumbest arguments. I just haven't figured out yet if he's genuine or just a gimmick.

FultzNationRISE
08-15-2022, 07:37 PM
Tiny and Clyde are too far before my time, so I cant properly evaluate them.

Westbrook is obviously dead last.

As far as Nash and Kidd... I think it’s a toss up really and just depends on circumstance. If the game was played under today’s rules I think youve gotta take Nash, he was a much better three point shooter despite Kidd’s high career total. The defensive difference would hardly matter since youre not allowed to play it now anyway.

But again the way the game is played has changed so much theres no real sense in comparing guys across eras from a “who would you take” standpoint. You can only compare resumés basically and personally I dont think that means anything.

PeroAntic
08-15-2022, 07:38 PM
Nash at age 35 was leading his team to the WCF without D'Antoni, he was also probably the league's best point guard that year as well.

Phoenix was still following Dantoni's blueprint for taking shots early in the shot clock and spamming pick and rolls with Nash. Kidd had more versatility than Nash.

John8204
08-15-2022, 07:45 PM
"He has a championship"

That's better than a guy who played with 3 top 25 all time players in Shaq, Kobe, and Dirk and didn't even make a finals?

MrFonzworth
08-15-2022, 07:49 PM
He makes THE dumbest arguments. I just haven't figured out yet if he's genuine or just a gimmick.

He's a gimmick.

1987_Lakers
08-15-2022, 07:52 PM
That's better than a guy who played with 3 top 25 all time players in Shaq, Kobe, and Dirk and didn't even make a finals?

2009 Shaq is a top 25 player ever?

Nash was like 40 when he played with Kobe. lol

Dirk got injured in 2003 when they lost to the Spurs.

SouBeachTalents
08-15-2022, 07:56 PM

He's a gimmick.
After this post I'm inclined to believe you :lol

John8204
08-15-2022, 08:07 PM
2009 Shaq is a top 25 player ever?

Nash was like 40 when he played with Kobe. lol

Dirk got injured in 2003 when they lost to the Spurs.

He made All-NBA and All-Star in 2009 but I think you are being a bit obtuse.

As for me being a gimmick poster...well I don't spend 24/7 talking Lebron and Jordan so I guess that might be a gimmick of sorts.

Overdrive
08-15-2022, 09:00 PM

Talking about Frazier I was pretty interested in your opion on this.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?506069-Can-you-build-a-team-to-win-a-ring-today-with-nobody-who-ever-shot-35-from-3&p=14646314&viewfull=1#post14646314

I checked, but you didn't reply back.

dankok8
08-15-2022, 11:28 PM
1. Nash
2. Frazier
3. Kidd
4. Archibald
5. Westbrook

light
08-17-2022, 01:20 AM
Walt Frazier
2X Time NBA Champion
7X All-Star
7X All-Defense First Team
6X NBA 1st and 2nd Team

Nate "Tiny" Archibald
NBA Champion
6X All-Star
5X NBA 1st and 2nd Team
NBA Scoring Champion
NBA Assist Champion

Steve Nash
2X MVP
8X All-Star
5X NBA 1st and 2nd Team
5X NBA Assist Leader

Jason Kidd
NBA Champion
10X All-Star
6X NBA 1st and 2nd Team
9X NBA All-Defense 1st and 2nd team
5X NBA Assist Leader

Russell Westbrook
NBA MVP
9X NBA All-Star
7X NBA 1st and 2nd Team
2X NBA Scoring Champ
3X NBA Assist Champ

Jason Kidd
Russell Westbrook
Walt Frazier
Steve Nash
Nate Archibald

TAZORAC
08-19-2022, 01:29 PM
In today's NBA, I'm taking NASH easily. Kidd, Westbrook, and the other 2 don't even matter

RogueBorg
08-19-2022, 03:27 PM

He pretends to know that era of the NBA. He has no clue about Tiny Archibald.

1987_Lakers
08-19-2022, 03:30 PM

Neither do you.

RogueBorg
08-19-2022, 03:40 PM
1. Walt Frazier
2. Jason Kidd
3. Tiny Archibald
4. Steve Nash
5. Russell Westbrook

This right here.

You can flop Frazier and Kidd or leave them it's close. They're the only two on this list that played defense and Kidd was a phenomenal rebounder . Tiny led the league in scoring and assists in the same year. Pre-injury, he was better than Nash, I'm taking him 3rd. Nash then Westbrook.

HoopsNY
08-19-2022, 03:44 PM
Not sure I'd take Nash over Kidd. Kidd was an elite defender and better rebounder. He could also score at a similar rate. Granted, Nash was obviously the better shooter. Passing is a toss up, but Kidd gets the nod for me because he was arguably the greatest transition passer in history not named Magic.

Nash has 2 MVPs, though, so it's hard to debate with that. But Kidd took his team to 2 finals and won a championship later on in his career, albeit in a much more reduced role. He was still pretty important to that run.

John8204
08-20-2022, 10:11 PM

Actually I'm an open minded person and I was swayed by the arguments about Tiny Archibald from players. The problem is the same who cry about me being a gimmick can't seem to make a reasonable argument better than the ones I heard for certain players. Isn't the point of a discussion forum to y'know discuss

bizil
08-24-2022, 05:35 PM
It's hard to pass up Frazier for that top slot. For all intents and purposes, he was a precursor to Gary Payton. 6'4 PG who combined scoring, passing, and defense BETTER than any PG in the league during their time. Had the alpha dog scoring ability to dominate games when they wanted. And could defend PG's, SG's and many SF's at an elite level. Of the five guys listed, just think he's best blend of scoring, defense, and floor generalship.

IF we are talking the most SKILLED offensive player, it's Nash. But floor game wise (passing, defense, and rebounding as a package), I would say Kidd is the best of the five. Westbrook the most physically dominant and the all time triple dub king. Tiny was WAY AHEAD of his time in terms of what he was doing at 6'1! These five PG's were all totally different from each other. So to me, that's what makes this an interesting comp.

FultzNationRISE
08-24-2022, 09:00 PM
In today's NBA, I'm taking NASH easily. Kidd, Westbrook, and the other 2 don't even matter

Kidd would still be amazing, he's not the pure shooter Nash is but if he played in today's era he'd be a much better shooter from the start than he was during his career.

As I said, I dont know much about Clyde and Tiny, but I'm sure the same applies.

The main thing you wanna avoid is complete idiots who think they're world beaters.

So... Westbrook.

k0kakw0rld
08-24-2022, 10:35 PM
Steve Nash isn't better than Kidd.

FultzNationRISE
08-24-2022, 10:58 PM
Steve Nash isn't better than Kidd.

Thats a fair position, but given what an asset knock-down shooters are seen as today, I think it’s also fair to prefer Nash.

Nowitness
08-25-2022, 08:05 AM
Kidd
Nash
Clyde
Brick
Tiny