PDA

View Full Version : Zion Williamson credits Naruto for helping him out during his toughest career year

kabacho
08-18-2022, 08:29 AM
For Zion, finally getting to lace these shoes up this season holds a similar resonance. “From what I’ve been through to get to where I am and what I go through to this day,” he says, “Naruto has always been there and always will be.”

That’s when his Naruto fandom became something more totemic. “For a while nobody took Naruto seriously,” he explains, “And then he went and trained with [master shinobi] Jiraiya for three years, right? And he came back at 16 years old, goated.” The storyline reminds Williamson of the years he spent being coached by his stepfather, Lee Anderson. He considers Anderson taking him under his wing perhaps the single most pivotal moment of his life.

As he’s so often done during difficult times, Williamson turned to his favorite show for guidance. I ask if there’s a point in Naruto’s story that he feels is synonymous with where he is right now. His answer is immediate. “It’s when Sasuke was going rogue,” he says, referring to Naruto’s close friend and rival. “All of Naruto’s friends and teammates came to him like, ‘Dude, you’re gonna have to make tough decisions if you really want to be Hokage.’”

After the worst of his rehabilitation—the part that came with a general lack of mobility—Williamson got to work. He brought on a personal trainer, Jasper Bibbs, and MasterChef alum Christian Green to manage his nutrition. The results speak for themselves. Videos of Williamson dunking during Pelicans practice began to circulate over the summer, as did photos of a dramatic change in physique that can only be described—heavy-handed as it may be—as Super Saiyan.

https://i0.wp.com/roomserviceradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Jordan-Zion-1-Naruto-Anime-Collaboration-Release-Date.jpeg?fit=800%2C1200&ssl=1

:facepalm Why is this guy into chinese cartoons so much?

ralph_i_el
08-18-2022, 08:33 AM
Naruto is a very compelling story. I remember setting the VHS to record every episode when they started coming out in English, because I always had practice that night.

highwhey
08-18-2022, 09:28 AM
Fvcking cringe. At least watch a real anime like DBZ, not some dork that runs awkward.

Wally450
08-18-2022, 10:19 AM
:facepalm Why is this guy into chinese cartoons so much?

Why does it bother you so much what another guy enjoys?

highwhey
08-18-2022, 10:42 AM
pretty soon we're going to see zion run like this on a fastbreak

https://media4.giphy.com/media/hU4J7vamCJE2D1aOXn/200.gif

FultzNationRISE
08-18-2022, 11:00 AM
I cant speak on any of this naruto stuff, but I hope he has a big season. He seems like a good guy and obviously his potential is immense. Pelicans were also a pretty fun team to watch in the playoffs. With a healthy Zion in the mix they could be a problem for a lot of teams...

ralph_i_el
08-18-2022, 01:11 PM
I cant speak on any of this naruto stuff, but I hope he has a big season. He seems like a good guy and obviously his potential is immense. Pelicans were also a pretty fun team to watch in the playoffs. With a healthy Zion in the mix they could be a problem for a lot of teams...

He's one healthy season away from potentially being a household name and legit superstar. I really hope he puts it together.

NBAGOAT
08-18-2022, 01:58 PM
anime is big with the current crop of nba players. It's kind of cool to like it now if you're in school, wasnt really true like 10 years ago

Meticode
08-18-2022, 02:09 PM
If Zion wasn't physically gifted I suspect he would be at home watching anime while gaming while consuming Doritos and Mt. Dew.

rawimpact
08-18-2022, 03:39 PM
This is how I know I'm old and out of touch. I have no idea what naurto is

fsvr54
08-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Anime is awesome. Zion is that dude.

OrlandoMagicGuy
08-18-2022, 09:26 PM
Interesting how Zion looks to someone like Naruto to help him out during his toughest times when in fact the ones in that show that REALLY had to struggle,grind and PUT IN THE WORK were Might Guy & Rock Lee who didn't have access to all of those flashy jutsus or anything to do with their eyes.Just used strictly martial arts and pushed their bodies past their limits by going through rigorous strength & endurance training sessions.Relating this to gaming they were pretty much characters that refused to pay to win.Naruto already had incredible power since the day he was born,he just had to learn to master it which is what happened in Shippuden.

Iverson3
08-18-2022, 09:55 PM
Interesting how Zion looks to someone like Naruto to help him out during his toughest times when in fact the ones in that show that REALLY had to struggle,grind and PUT IN THE WORK were Might Guy & Rock Lee who didn't have access to all of those flashy jutsus or anything to do with their eyes.Just used strictly martial arts and pushed their bodies past their limits by going through rigorous strength & endurance training sessions.Relating this to gaming they were pretty much characters that refused to pay to win.Naruto already had incredible power since the day he was born,he just had to learn to master it which is what happened in Shippuden.

Another account of Warriorfan???

OrlandoMagicGuy
08-18-2022, 10:47 PM

Why am I always the one to be accused of being someone else on here?Tf bro.

Iverson3
08-18-2022, 10:55 PM
Why am I always the one to be accused of being someone else on here?Tf bro.

you have a very weird username bro

OrlandoMagicGuy
08-18-2022, 10:59 PM
you have a very weird username bro

But what does warriorfan have to do with this?Or is it just weird that you came across somebody on here whose a fan of a team that is hardly ever talked about?I think it's the latter.

Round Mound
08-18-2022, 11:37 PM
Zion has alot of potential. I hope he keeps his weight on check to avoid injury. He has more potential than Barkley physically.

warriorfan
08-18-2022, 11:59 PM

Rent free you ugly midget

Iverson3
08-19-2022, 12:16 AM
Rent free you ugly midget

Just reported you to the FBI for drug trafficking. Hello Jail. First time you are going to go outside your house in a long time

Axe
08-19-2022, 03:44 PM
Otaku.

warriorfan
08-19-2022, 06:17 PM
Just reported you to the FBI for drug trafficking. Hello Jail. First time you are going to go outside your house in a long time

https://www.worlddata.info/average-penissize.php

Nilocon165
08-19-2022, 07:18 PM
Fvcking cringe. At least watch a real anime like DBZ, not some dork that runs awkward.
DBZ is so damn mid

HxH > both

OrlandoMagicGuy
08-19-2022, 08:30 PM
DBZ is so damn mid

HxH > both

HXH is overrated as shit

Cowboy Bebop > both

fsvr54
08-19-2022, 09:35 PM
HXH is overrated as shit

Cowboy Bebop > both

Great taste. Only Samurai Champloo surpasses Bebop...maybe Space Dandy and Mushishi too.

highwhey
08-19-2022, 10:41 PM
DBZ is so damn mid

HxH > both

https://media1.giphy.com/media/RJi5yakyvHWhpmbu61/giphy.gif

Nilocon165
08-20-2022, 08:20 AM
Great taste. Only Samurai Champloo surpasses Bebop...maybe Space Dandy and Mushishi too.

Agree