PDA

View Full Version : Playing angry when motivated games

Lebron23
08-30-2022, 12:24 PM
LeBron became a much deadlier scorer in the playoffs and nba finals after losing in the 2011 NBA Finals. When the Heat faced the Mavericks on Christmas Day 2011

They destroyed them on National TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM1_4MzRYV0&t=322s

ralph_i_el
08-30-2022, 02:33 PM
Some people tend to get sloppy when they are mad. LeBron seems to have the opposite reaction, he gets extremely focused and deliberate.

bison
08-30-2022, 03:45 PM
Some people tend to get sloppy when they are mad. LeBron seems to have the opposite reaction, he gets extremely focused and deliberate.

This is true but Lebrons problem is he doesn’t get angry enough. He is too good natured and worried about making everyone like him that he rarely plays with a chip on his shoulder. Bron would be the GOAT if he had the mamba mentality.

FilmyCogTurner
08-30-2022, 04:00 PM
It's a shame Lebron never played with the mentality of being a super freak athlete. Had he carried himself with toughness as opposed to flopping at every call he could have been a Shaq or Giannis type mixed with decent outside skills.

Round Mound
08-30-2022, 07:21 PM
No one played better than ANGRY Barkley in his prime. He got softer in Phoneix but when he was in Phily he was a beast.

Full Court
08-30-2022, 09:34 PM
Soooooooooooo...Bronie got revenge for being humiliated in the finals by winning a regular season game?

:roll:

He sure showed them.

ralph_i_el
08-30-2022, 09:38 PM
This is true but Lebrons problem is he doesn’t get angry enough. He is too good natured and worried about making everyone like him that he rarely plays with a chip on his shoulder. Bron would be the GOAT if he had the mamba mentality.

Or his career might be over already from playing too hard in situations that don't warrant it. Who knows?

ralph_i_el
08-30-2022, 09:40 PM
No one played better than ANGRY Barkley in his prime. He got softer in Phoneix but when he was in Phily he was a beast.

I've been watching some old Barkley lately and I'm blown away at how he goes at bigger guys and absolutely out muscles and reacts them. There's a lot to learn from his game.

Full Court
08-30-2022, 09:56 PM
I've been watching some old Barkley lately and I'm blown away at how he goes at bigger guys and absolutely out muscles and reacts them. There's a lot to learn from his game.

I used to HATE Barkley when he was playing. I've come to respect him a ton since then.

Spurs m8
08-30-2022, 10:07 PM
Guess he wasn't too angry when the play-in was on the line

Lebron23
08-30-2022, 11:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQNXw1gKt-o

Once LeBron gets angry on Klay Thompson in Game 5. The series was over for the Warriors.

kawhileonard2
08-31-2022, 12:00 AM
LeBron became a much deadlier scorer in the playoffs and nba finals after losing in the 2011 NBA Finals. When the Heat faced the Mavericks on Christmas Day 2011

They destroyed them on National TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM1_4MzRYV0&t=322s

Why didn't he do it for the franchise that drafted him?

Full Court
08-31-2022, 05:32 AM
Guess he wasn't too angry when the play-in was on the line

:roll:

light
08-31-2022, 06:10 AM
Why didn't he do it for the franchise that drafted him?

He did. LeBron has a bunch of legendary playoff scoring games and game winners with the Cavs.

In Bron's very first playoff series in 2006 vs Washington he had scoring games of 38, 41 and 45 with two game winners.

His 2007 game 5 vs Detroit is one of the greatest playoff scoring displays in history and one of the greatest playoff performances of all time.

His 2008 game 7 duel with Paul Pierce was celebrated far and wide (Bron 45, Pierce 41).

He basically averaged 40 ppg in the 2009 ECF with a very famous buzzer beating three that the NBA replayed constantly for years.

He continued to dominate with lethal scoring for the team that drafted him from 2014 to 2018, like his back to back 41 point games in the 2016 finals.