PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Bulls = Most Stacked Super Team of All Team

8Ball
08-31-2022, 12:32 PM
1996 Bulls = Most Stacked Super Team of All Teams all time.

Despite winning an unheard of 72 games, Jordan did not in fact get unanimous MVP. He was 4 1st votes shy! Meanwhile Shaq and LeBron were 1 first place vote shy in 2000 and 2013 respectively despite winning less games.

Meanwhile Curry wins 73 games in 2016 and gets unanimous.

How is this possible?

1996 roster:
Jordan = All nba 1st team. All defensive 1st team.
Pippen = all nba 1st team. All defensive 1st team.
Rodman = all defensive 1st team.

Toni kukoc = 6th man of the year.

Find me a team with THREE all defensive 1st team players in starting lineup plus 2 all-nba 1st team players.

Plus a 6th man of year.

No other team in the entire 90s comes close to this. No dynasty spurs or warriors to compare to. Just 1 massively stacked team vs the rest.

Only 2017 Warriors is superior in skill and talent from top to bottom.

TheGoatest
08-31-2022, 12:36 PM
Ron Harper, who was 31-32 at the time and averaged 20.1 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 4.6 apg, 1.9 spg & 0.7 bpg just two seasons earlier, was a mere role player on those Bulls. Let that sink in.

3ba11
08-31-2022, 12:54 PM
Ron Harper, who was 31-32 at the time and averaged 20.1 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 4.6 apg, 1.9 spg & 0.7 bpg just two seasons earlier, was a mere role player on those Bulls. Let that sink in.

Harper was already a washed, 7 ppg player in 1995 before Jordan returned - he was worse than current Melo

Btw, juggernaut scoring help is the top level of help because everyone in history needed it to win multiple chips - everyone in history needed teammates to lead in scoring for entire playoff runs.

Only MJ won a bunch of chips with a garbage scoring help and a bunch of hustlers/defenders

And it's easier for GM's to build a team of cheap hustlers/defenders than a team of star scorers - but again, only Jordan could win a multiple rings with hustlers/defenders, so only Jordan allowed a GM the luxury of finding cheap defenders rather than star scorers

Ultimately, the 91' Lakers and 92' Blazers had far more scoring options AND better-ranked defenses, while the Suns and Sonics had more all-stars and nearly the same ranked defense.. Only the Jazz lacked better talent, but they had a 10-year organic brand that ragdolled Shaq's 4 all-star Lakers and Duncan/Robinson/Popovich

8Ball
08-31-2022, 12:56 PM
Harper was already a washed, 7 ppg player in 1995 before Jordan returned - he was worse than current Melo

Btw, juggernaut scoring help is the top level of help because everyone in history needed it to win multiple chips - everyone in history needed teammates to lead in scoring for entire playoff runs.

Only MJ won a bunch of chips with a garbage scoring help and a bunch of hustlers/defenders

And it's easier for GM's to build a team of cheap hustlers/defenders than a team of star scorers - but again, only Jordan could win a multiple rings with hustlers/defenders, so only Jordan allowed a GM the luxury of finding cheap defenders rather than star scorers

Why was Jordan FOUR 1st place votes shy of unanimous MVP despite winning 72 games?

That means he carried less of a load vs Curry 2016, Shaq 2000, or LeBron 2013.

TheGoatest
08-31-2022, 12:59 PM
About half a decade later, in the 2000 finals, Ron Harper was still more than a serviceable player, at the age of 36. His numbers in the 2000 finals were as good as Kobe's. And if you think I'm trolling, feel free to look at the overall numbers:

https://images4.imagebam.com/4b/01/f8/MECJY8A_o.png

Yet half a decade earlier, Harper was a mere role player on the Chicago Bulls. Let that sink in. But that's just how stacked they were.

3ba11
08-31-2022, 01:02 PM
Why was Jordan FOUR 1st place votes shy of unanimous MVP despite winning 72 games?

That means he carried less of a load vs Curry 2016, Shaq 2000, or LeBron 2013.

Wade/Bosh....... Kobe..... Klay/Dray/Barnes/Bogut/Iggy

^^^ that's more help than Jordan ever had

Heck, Harrison Barnes was the Warriors' 4th or 5th option but he would be 2nd option on many nights for the Bulls... Ditto Iggy, who was a FMVP that outperformed Pippen, yet he came off their bench

RogueBorg
08-31-2022, 01:08 PM

Despite winning an unheard of 72 games, Jordan did not in fact get unanimous MVP. He was 4 1st votes shy! Meanwhile Shaq and LeBron were 1 first place vote shy in 2000 and 2013 respectively despite winning less games.

How is this possible?

1996 roster:

Find me a team with THREE all defensive 1st team players in starting lineup plus 2 all-nba 1st team players.

Plus a 6th man of year.

No other team in the entire 90s comes close to this. No dynasty spurs or warriors to compare to. Just 1 massively stacked team vs the rest.

I agree, the greatest team of all-time with the greatest player of all-times!

Round Mound
08-31-2022, 04:35 PM

This

Full Court
08-31-2022, 06:27 PM

How is this possible?

1996 roster:

Plus a 6th man of year.

Only 2017 Warriors is superior in skill and talent from top to bottom.

Meltdown and damage control.

The '96 Bulls were stacked, but the '11-'13 Heat and the '17-'18 Warriors were significantly more stacked.

8Ball
08-31-2022, 07:27 PM

So we are in agreement that the Bulls were super team stacked head to toe with talent.

8Ball
08-31-2022, 07:27 PM

Heck, Harrison Barnes was the Warriors' 4th or 5th option but he would be 2nd option on many nights for the Bulls... Ditto Iggy, who was a FMVP that outperformed Pippen, yet he came off their bench

Wade did not make all-nba first team and LeBron never had 3 all defensive 1st team players in the starting lineup.

kawhileonard2
08-31-2022, 09:44 PM
I'd say 2022 Lakers. They had 2 guys who won league mvp, a 3x DPOY and a scoring champion who won 3 olympic gold medals along with a top 3 player all time in PER in Anthony Davis who also made 1st team all nba and 1st team defensive.

Point-Forward
08-31-2022, 10:27 PM
'85 Lakers:

- A super offensive trio in Magic, Kareem and Worthy. Playmaking, halfcourt game and elite transition finishing.
- One of the best defensive players of the 80's in Cooper, and also a guy that could play backup PG to Magic.
- McGee, McAdoo (former MVP) and Wilkes coming off the bench. Wilkes on his last legs but still useful.
- Good rebounders and hustling big guys in Rambis and Kupchak (specially the first one).

Overall, six players averaged +10 points per game throughout the season and two more came very close.

Round Mound
08-31-2022, 11:10 PM
'85 Lakers:

- A super offensive trio in Magic, Kareem and Worthy. Playmaking, halfcourt game and elite transition finishing.
- One of the best defensive players of the 80's in Cooper, and also a guy that could play backup PG to Magic.
- McGee, McAdoo (former MVP) and Wilkes coming off the bench. Wilkes on his last legs but still useful.
- Good rebounders and hustling big guys in Rambis and Kupchak (specially the first one).

Overall, six players averaged +10 points per game throughout the season and two more came very close.

Good observations. It would have been awesome if the 85 Lakers or 86 Celtics matched up against the 96 Bulls.

MrFonzworth
09-01-2022, 12:11 AM
OP is losing the battle to diabetes

3ba11
09-01-2022, 12:53 AM

How is this possible?

1996 roster:

Everyone in history needed juggernaut scoring help, so that's the best help

Only MJ won a bunch of chips with garbage scoring help and a bunch of hustlers/defenders

Spurs m8
09-01-2022, 01:35 AM
Op is lying, as usual

8Ball
09-01-2022, 08:18 AM
OP is losing the battle to diabetes

I workout a combined 10 hours a week. Monday - Friday.

I'm a healthy alpha male.

8Ball
09-01-2022, 08:20 AM
Everyone in history needed juggernaut scoring help, so that's the best help

Only MJ won a bunch of chips with garbage scoring help and a bunch of hustlers/defenders

THREE all defensive 1st team on the same starting lineup.

With another 1st team all-nba.

That has never been witnessed before in NBA history.

8Ball
09-01-2022, 08:21 AM
'85 Lakers:

I think only the 86 Celtics and 85 Lakers comes close.

TheGoatest
09-01-2022, 08:27 AM
I think only the 86 Celtics and 85 Lakers comes close.

Maybe if you compare them with each other straight up. But relative to their competition? It's the 90s Bulls, and it's not even close.

RogueBorg
09-01-2022, 08:46 AM
It's the 90s Bulls, and it's not even close.

The 1995-'96 Bulls yes, not the 1990's Bulls. The 80's Lakers and Celtics beat the '91-'93 and '98 Bulls.

RogueBorg
09-01-2022, 08:47 AM
I workout a combined 10 hours a week. Monday - Friday.

My experience is when you brag that you do, more than likely you don't. You probably look more like your avatar in RL.

8Ball
09-01-2022, 08:59 AM
My experience is when you brag that you do, more than likely you don't. You probably look more like your avatar in RL.

I bragged about being a multi millionaire, dabigsalshisha called me out on this forum and then got smashed when I showed evidence.

Everyone that "challenges" me ends up welching on any kind of bet.

Since the gyms re-opened last year I have been going 5 days a week, you?

RogueBorg
09-01-2022, 09:34 AM
I bragged about being a multi millionaire, dabigsalshisha called me out on this forum and then got smashed when I showed evidence.

Everyone that "challenges" me ends up welching on any kind of bet.

When you have to brag that you do, you probably don't.

Full Court
09-01-2022, 02:22 PM

I can confirm that 8NoBalls is most DEFINITELY a beta. A beta among Bronies. :lol

Full Court knows.

People, like myself, who are alpha males, never stopped working out because they were living in terror of COVID.

You can still find people like 8NoBalls wearing masks while yogging on the elliptical. :lol Mostly Justin Trudeau / Bernie Sanders supporters.

Sulico
09-01-2022, 03:19 PM
They were not the most stacked team of all time.

But they were most stacked team of all time compared to the field.

They were pretty damn stacked while the rest of the NBA was very watered down.

hateraid
09-01-2022, 05:23 PM

Lol, you're kidding

I'd rather have Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Kerr, Ron Harper and Phil Jackson coaching than any of those supporting cast

TheMan
09-01-2022, 06:24 PM
MJ GOAT, 96 Bulls GOAT team

I could live with that as a Bulls fan :applause:

97 bulls
09-01-2022, 09:59 PM
Lol, you're kidding

I'd rather have Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Kerr, Ron Harper and Phil Jackson coaching than any of those supporting cast

All we have to do is look at the results of the team's when their number 1 guys left.

Lebron James leaves the Heat?
37-45. Lebrons replacement? Lol Deng

Shaq leaves the Lakers
34-48
Shaqs replacement? Chris Mihm

Magic leaves the Lakers?
43-39
Magics replacement?
Sedale Threat

Larry Bird goes down in 89
42-40
Birds replacement?
Reggie Lewis

Michael Jordan leaves the Bulls?
55-27
Jordan's replacement?
Pete Myers

TheMan
09-01-2022, 10:06 PM
All we have to do is look at the results of the team's when their number 1 guys left.

Shaq leaves the Lakers
34-48

Magic leaves the Lakers?
43-39
Magics replacement?
Sedale Threat

42-40
Birds replacement?
Reggie Lewis

55-27
Jordan's replacement?
Pete Myers

Did you mean to write Luol Deng's name as Lol on purpose?

97 bulls
09-01-2022, 10:09 PM
Did you mean to write Luol Deng's name as Lol on purpose?

Oops spell check.

TheMan
09-01-2022, 11:10 PM
:cheers:

2much_knowledge
09-01-2022, 11:49 PM
Lebron fangirl club talking about stacked teams and help lol

kawhileonard2
09-02-2022, 12:28 AM

Shaq leaves the Lakers
34-48

Magic leaves the Lakers?
43-39
Magics replacement?
Sedale Threat

42-40
Birds replacement?
Reggie Lewis

55-27
Jordan's replacement?
Pete Myers

And what happens when those players leave after winning the title? Don't give me guys when they were there and still lost.

hateraid
09-02-2022, 01:20 AM

Shaq leaves the Lakers
34-48

Magic leaves the Lakers?
43-39
Magics replacement?
Sedale Threat

42-40
Birds replacement?
Reggie Lewis

55-27
Jordan's replacement?
Pete Myers

It's a very simple observation using that eye test.

Bawkish
09-02-2022, 02:01 AM

Shaq leaves the Lakers
34-48

Magic leaves the Lakers?
43-39
Magics replacement?
Sedale Threat

42-40
Birds replacement?
Reggie Lewis

55-27
Jordan's replacement?
Pete Myers

So you mean to say that 1st 3peat Bulls were more stacked than 2nd 3peat Bulls??

97 bulls
09-02-2022, 03:12 AM
And what happens when those players leave after winning the title? Don't give me guys when they were there and still lost.

I'm not understanding the question

97 bulls
09-02-2022, 03:17 AM
So you mean to say that 1st 3peat Bulls were more stacked than 2nd 3peat Bulls??

No. The 94 Bulls were more 2nd three-peat Bulls than 1st. Kukoc, Kerr, Longley were on the 94 Bulls too. Cartwright and Paxson were on the 94 Bulls. But they were done by then. Rodman was an upgrade from Grant. And Harper took Armstrongs role. The 2nd three-peat team was definitely more stacked. And as far as talent? The 97 Bulls were the best team out of the 90s Bulls championship teams. And the best single team I've seen simply because they won all those games (69) with so many injuries to key players and not having Brisn Williams the whole season.

nayte
09-02-2022, 03:50 AM
I personally like the first threepeat team more but the second lot was still stacked most bulls fans will agree - not player fans -. Still it was Jordan who made them stacked . They weren't stacked with Pete effing Myers lol

julizaver
09-02-2022, 04:12 AM

He sacrificed his game and played defense.

TheGoatest
09-02-2022, 04:35 AM

Shaq leaves the Lakers
34-48

Magic leaves the Lakers?
43-39
Magics replacement?
Sedale Threat

42-40
Birds replacement?
Reggie Lewis

55-27
Jordan's replacement?
Pete Myers

Damn... Slayed. :roll:

Also, a little discussed fact when discussing the difference between the 1992-93 (57-25) and 1993-94 (55-27) Chicago Bulls:

1992-93:
The Great Scott Pippen: 81 games played
Horace Grant: 77 games played

1993-94:
The Great Scott Pippen: 72 games played
Horace Grant: 70 games played

And they STILL only had only two wins less than in 1992-93. As far as the win-loss record, jordon's impact was basically worthless. jordon's real worth, being the marketing darling of the league, was when it came to key calls in the clutch that determined the winner of a playoff series:

https://thumbor.bigedition.com/scottie-pippen-and-hubert-davis/WsFjAkibgG_0Oop09YBnQ3mcHZE=/800x0/filters:quality(80)/granite-web-prod/7d/58/7d58a02616ae4afbb982595fefe30021.jpg

julizaver
09-02-2022, 04:35 AM
So we are in agreement that the Bulls were super team stacked head to toe with talent.

They were super team, but not stacked as GSW in 2017.
In 2017 GSW, a team with best ever regular season record added an All-time great player in Kevin Durant and basically they have 4 All-Star caliber players as a starters, which were all in their peak prime years (26 to 28). Plus they have a hell of bench, just look at the roster. In 1996 Bulls Rodman was 35, MJ was 33, Pippen, Harper and Kerr were over 30. Bulls were lacking playmakers and good centers. They compensate the lack of typical PGs with MJ, Kukoc and Pippen all capable passers for their positions. And they have rotated 2 to 3 seven footers at center, but even Longley was at his best was a mediocre center. While still in their primes Bulls stars were out of their peak years. Anyway definitely MJ got more help during the 2nd threepeat.

nayte
09-02-2022, 05:22 AM
Warriors were most definitely more stacked

Funny thing is .all these clowns call the bulls the most stacked but whenever a who would beat who thread comes up they all say 86 Boston ,87 Lakers would beat them etc. So how are they they most stacked team?.
Lot of weird thought processes with all that

RogueBorg
09-02-2022, 09:59 AM
The 97 Bulls were the best team out of the 90s Bulls championship teams. And the best single team I've seen simply because they won all those games (69) with so many injuries to key players and not having Brisn Williams the whole season.

I can still feel the gut punch when we lost to the Knicks on the last game of the season preventing the 70-win season.

RogueBorg
09-02-2022, 10:05 AM

Funny thing is .all these clowns call the bulls the most stacked but whenever a who would beat who thread comes up they all say 86 Boston ,87 Lakers would beat them etc. So how are they they most stacked team?.

I think the 86 Celtics and 87 Lakers beat the '91-'93 Bulls. I don't think they beat the '96-'97 Bulls. It's not weird at all, the '96-'97 teams were the Bulls best.

1987_Lakers
09-02-2022, 10:07 AM
2017 Warriors are the most stacked team ever

Full Court
09-02-2022, 11:55 AM

I agree with this.

ShawkFactory
09-02-2022, 03:56 PM

On paper yes but they lacked physicality underneath. Which may or may both matter depending on the rules.

I think the 96 Bulls would beat just about any team ever. They don’t get talked about much in all time conversations but the team I would actually give the best shot against them, matchup wise, would be the 83 Sixers. The have the perimeter defense, tenacity down low, and pure scoring talent to be able to hang for sure.

TheMan
09-02-2022, 05:47 PM
He sacrificed his game and played defense.

Ron Harper wasn't the same offensively explosive player that he was during his best years in the Cavs after his knee injury, people seem to forget that. Dumbasses like TheGoatest trying to pretend Harper was a 20+ pts per game offensive threat sacrificing his offensive game to fit within the Bulls system is just not the case. By the time he was signed on to Chicago, he was definitely a defense first role player, anything he could contribute on offense was a plus at that point. He was like a lesser version of Bruce Bowen in that regard.

TheMan
09-02-2022, 05:56 PM

Their logic changes according to the agenda of that thread...most stacked team talentwise is the 2017 Warriors. Do I believe they are unbeatable? No, it would depend on what rules a matchup between them and say the 96 Bulls, 86 Celtics, 87 Lakers, 83 Sixers etc would take place...

RogueBorg
09-02-2022, 06:31 PM
Ron Harper wasn't the same offensively explosive player that he was during his best years in the Cavs after his knee injury, people seem to forget that.

You are 100% correct with this.

RogueBorg
09-02-2022, 06:32 PM
On paper yes but they lacked physicality underneath. Which may or may both matter depending on the rules.

I think the 96 Bulls would beat just about any team ever. They don’t get talked about much in all time conversations but the team I would actually give the best shot against them, matchup wise, would be the 83 Sixers. The have the perimeter defense, tenacity down low, and pure scoring talent to be able to hang for sure.

Rodman and Moses going at it would be must see TV

light
09-02-2022, 08:28 PM

How is this possible?

1996 roster:

You stopped too soon!

1996 Coach of the Year: Phil Jackson
1996 Executive of the Year: Jerry Krause

Full Court
09-02-2022, 10:00 PM

Not a bad take. '96 Bulls and '83 Sixers would be an incredible matchup. I'd probably favor the Bulls, but it certainly wouldn't be a gimme.

8Ball
09-03-2022, 01:31 AM
They were super team, but not stacked as GSW in 2017.
In 2017 GSW, a team with best ever regular season record added an All-time great player in Kevin Durant and basically they have 4 All-Star caliber players as a starters, which were all in their peak prime years (26 to 28). Plus they have a hell of bench, just look at the roster. In 1996 Bulls Rodman was 35, MJ was 33, Pippen, Harper and Kerr were over 30. Bulls were lacking playmakers and good centers. They compensate the lack of typical PGs with MJ, Kukoc and Pippen all capable passers for their positions. And they have rotated 2 to 3 seven footers at center, but even Longley was at his best was a mediocre center. While still in their primes Bulls stars were out of their peak years. Anyway definitely MJ got more help during the 2nd threepeat.

1996 Bulls and 2017 Warriors will go down in history as the most top to bottom stacked teams ever.

8Ball
09-03-2022, 01:32 AM

Offensively yes.

Defensively and compared to competition I don't think anything comes close to 96 Bulls.

8Ball
09-03-2022, 01:49 AM
I personally like the first threepeat team more but the second lot was still stacked most bulls fans will agree - not player fans -. Still it was Jordan who made them stacked . They weren't stacked with Pete effing Myers lol

Jordan was better in his first 3 peat.

But won more in the 2nd time around, and that is due to his team.

TheGoatest
09-04-2022, 01:31 PM

Everything he won in the Chicago Bulls 1st three-peat was due to his team... As shown in the 1995 playoffs, the ONE time in the 90s he played without Grant/Rodman, he lost. As the favorite, no less.

JBSptfn
09-08-2022, 11:22 PM
I think the 86 Celtics and 87 Lakers beat the '91-'93 Bulls. I don't think they beat the '96-'97 Bulls. It's not weird at all, the '96-'97 teams were the Bulls best.

Yes, they could. Heck, the 86 Rockets could beat the 96 and 97 Bulls. MJ always had trouble with Hakeem when he had inferior talent. What are they going to do with the Twin Towers and the supporting cast that they had, along with Captain Video?

Round Mound
09-08-2022, 11:40 PM

This

SATAN
09-09-2022, 04:45 AM
This

100%.

/Thread.

TheMan
09-09-2022, 09:30 AM

Every great player needs a team around him so I don't see that as a minus for MJ. Having said that, he still was the reason they won, stats and accolades confirm this, he wasn't carried in any of his titles, he was clearly the best player throughout those runs unlike James, where during his 2020 Mickey Mouse ring, AD was the best player those playoffs, LBJ padded his stats in the Finals so he can win the FMVP but we know the truth...no AD, no playoffs.

1987_Lakers
09-09-2022, 09:40 AM
1-9

TheGoatest
09-09-2022, 11:16 AM
1-9

https://i.postimg.cc/sxQfmm9F/23has-Asavior-PIP.jpg

TheMan
09-09-2022, 11:57 AM
Every great player needs a team around him so I don't see that as a minus for MJ. Having said that, he still was the reason they won, stats and accolades confirm this, he wasn't carried in any of his titles, he was clearly the best player throughout those runs unlike James, where during his 2020 Mickey Mouse ring, AD was the best player those playoffs, LBJ padded his stats in the Finals so he can win the FMVP but we know the truth...no AD, no playoffs.

Anyone?

FilmyCogTurner
09-09-2022, 11:59 AM
It's tough comparing both 3 peat teams. Jordans physical prime versus his diminished athletic mental prime (that sounds weird) are very different from each other and there's something to be said about having someone like Horace Grant as your third guy as opposed to Rodman. Sure, Rodman had the rebounding/defense advantages however Grant was more well rounded as a player and was proficient in the areas Rodman was elite in. And then you factor in Pippen who I felt played great in the first run of championships.

I would have been interesting to see the first 3 peat Bulls with a center that was a bit more modern for it's time. Cartwright was alright for his role but still had you wishing for someone else. His free throw shooting form didn't help much either

8Ball
09-09-2022, 12:52 PM

Jordan played with stacked superteams vs his competition.

We will never see a team with a starting lineup that has 3 all defensive 1st team players plus two first team all-nba.

Plus 6th man of the year.

That is stackedness we have never seen before besides 2017.

8Ball
09-09-2022, 12:53 PM
LeBron simply never had a team that was so stacked vs his competition.

TheGoatest
09-09-2022, 01:54 PM

We will never see a team with a starting lineup that has 3 all defensive 1st team players plus two first team all-nba.

Don't forget Coach of the Year as well.

TheMan
09-09-2022, 03:10 PM

Stacked superteam when MJ only had one All Star teammate :lol

That was a winning formula though, put the GOAT alongside a perennial All Star in Pippen, and a bunch of gritty defensive hustlers. Don't worry, MJ will carry the burden of the offensive load and get you to the promised land...

Meanwhile, your GOAT teams up with All Stars and FMVP Wade, Bosh, Ray Ray, Shaq, Kyrie, KLove, AD etc...and still only has less titles than MJ in almost 20 years :roll:

Not my GOAT :no:

1987_Lakers
09-09-2022, 03:13 PM

Don't forget they won 55 games without him.

TheMan
09-09-2022, 03:15 PM

Yes they did, proud of that team scrapping to 55 wins, but obviously they DID miss and need the GOAT.

1987_Lakers
09-09-2022, 03:16 PM
Yes they did, proud of that team scrapping to 55 wins, but obviously they DID miss and need the GOAT.

Don't lie, you cried like a baby that they did so well without him.

TheMan
09-09-2022, 03:28 PM
Don't lie, you cried like a baby that they did so well without him.

:no: Unlike you, I'm a fan of a team and not a fake like you, pretending to be a Laker fan and then proceeding to shit all over Laker great Kobe, FOH

1987_Lakers
09-09-2022, 03:35 PM
:no: Unlike you, I'm a fan of a team and not a fake like you, pretending to be a Laker fan and then proceeding to shit all over Laker great Kobe, FOH

You admitted to not watching any Bulls games when MJ retired :oldlol:

TheMan
09-09-2022, 03:51 PM

I was well within my right as a disgruntled Bulls fan pissed at fat boy Krause and owner Reinsdorf for the way they broke up a dynasty and disrespected PJax...but I didn't jump ship nor did I begin stanning a player. When my anger subsided a few seasons later, I started watching Kirk Hinrich and the Baby Bulls :confusedshrug:

RogueBorg
09-09-2022, 04:00 PM

55 wins and no ring.

Only losers think that's a successful season, gratz to you. Then again, imagine not winning a championship in 15 of the 19 seasons played in...pathetic.

TheGoatest
09-09-2022, 04:35 PM

jordon had 5 seasons without The Great Scott Pippen to top this, yet the closest he got was a 40 win season. 15 Ws short. :(

TheMan
09-09-2022, 04:46 PM
jordon had 5 seasons without The Great Scott Pippen to top this, yet the closest he got was a 40 win season. 15 Ws short. :(

Only losers value regular season wins more than chips.

We have a saying around these parts, it don't mean a thing without a ring. Your generation values participation awards, 'nuff said

1987_Lakers
09-09-2022, 04:52 PM

Big facts. :cheers:

TheGoatest
09-09-2022, 04:55 PM
Only losers value regular season wins more than chips.

We have a saying around these parts, it don't mean a thing without a ring. Your generation values participation awards, 'nuff said

Participation awards was all jordon got without The Great Scott Pippen (30-52 record playoff spots). So you seem to value them way more than me. :roll:

FilmyCogTurner
09-09-2022, 05:25 PM
Common now... you guys really hold Jordans team record against him in his early and later years of his career? Do any of you not realize how absurd that is?

Hey Yo
09-09-2022, 05:28 PM
55 wins and no ring.

Only losers think that's a successful season, gratz to you. Then again, imagine not winning a championship in 15 of the 19 seasons played in...pathetic.
Preseason o/u odds had Chicago at 44 wins. They proceeded to win 55 and take the Knicks (who lost in 7gms in the Finals) to 7gms in the 2nd round. Only a simpleton would call that season a failure considering the circumstances.
I

Imagine needing 19yrs to play 15 seasons all because you can't handle it mentally or physically, so you decide to quit in your prime.

TheMan
09-09-2022, 06:16 PM
Participation awards was all jordon got without The Great Scott Pippen (30-52 record playoff spots). So you seem to value them way more than me. :roll:

Care to remind me how many MVPs and FMVPs did the Great Scott Pippen have?

Hey Yo
09-09-2022, 07:46 PM
Preseason o/u odds had Chicago at 44 wins. They proceeded to win 55 and take the Knicks (who lost in 7gms in the Finals) to 7gms in the 2nd round. Only a simpleton would call that season a failure considering the circumstances.
I

Imagine needing 19yrs to play 15 seasons all because you can't handle it mentally or physically, so you decide to quit in your prime.

Anyone????

1987_Lakers
09-09-2022, 08:08 PM
Care to remind me how many MVPs and FMVPs did the Great Scott Pippen have?

How many MVPs & FMVPs do Kyrie & AD have?

Round Mound
09-09-2022, 09:13 PM
I think the 96 Bulls team was probably the best team in terms of perimeter offense but even more perimeter defense. Whoever i still think the best in terms of passing and frontline are the 86 Celtics. Not far below are the 87 and 85 Lakers.

TheMan
09-10-2022, 01:40 AM

Well, to be fair, they only won one each with Bran, I guarantee you if Bran stuck around as long as MJ did with Pippen and let's say for argument sake Bran would have won 6 chips with KI or AD, they surely would have won a couple of FMVPs.

Irving had one of the highest scoring outputs for a sidekick in 16, he dominated the unanimous MVP Curry and hit the GM 7 winning shot.

AD had a better overall playoffs run than LeBron in 20, LeBron did play better in the Finals by a hair but overall, AD was better throughout the 20 playoffs...surely these guys would have won a FMVP at some point if Bran stuck around long enough. In none of the Bulls Finals or playoff runs did Pippen outplay MJ. He was an important factor no doubt, but he was always Robin to MJ's Batman.

TheGoatest
09-10-2022, 01:44 AM

The only difference is that those dudes don't have those awards AND they have done worse without LeBron than with LeBron as far as winning goes. Whereas The Great Scott Pippen has done way better without jordon than jordon has done (0 .500 seasons, 1-9 playoff record) without The Great Scott Pippen.

TheMan
09-10-2022, 01:49 AM
The only difference is that those dudes don't have those awards AND they have done worse without LeBron than with LeBron as far as winning goes. Whereas The Great Scott Pippen has done way better without jordon than jordon has done (0 .500 seasons, 1-9 playoff record) without The Great Scott Pippen.
Like that epic choke job vs the Lakers when he was a Blazer you mean?

TheGoatest
09-10-2022, 01:59 AM
Like that epic choke job vs the Lakers when he was a Blazer you mean?

I'd love to compare The Great Scott Pippen's performance in the 2000 conference finals to any conference finals performance jordon has without The Great Scott Pippen. Unfortunately for jordon, there aren't any.. Or any second rounds either... And the only reason jordon's first round exits without The Great Scott Pippen even exist is because they were in a very specific era in the 80s where you could make the playoffs with a 30-52 record and 8 of 11 teams in the conference made the playoffs.

8Ball
09-10-2022, 08:53 PM

Every single Jordan fan moonlights as a fairweather diehard Bulls fans. All of them.

8Ball
09-10-2022, 08:56 PM

That was a winning formula though, put the GOAT alongside a perennial All Star in Pippen, and a bunch of gritty defensive hustlers. Don't worry, MJ will carry the burden of the offensive load and get you to the promised land...

Meanwhile, your GOAT teams up with All Stars and FMVP Wade, Bosh, Ray Ray, Shaq, Kyrie, KLove, AD etc...and still only has less titles than MJ in almost 20 years :roll:

Not my GOAT :no:

2015 hawks had 4 all stars and got swept by solo Bron.

You will never replicate 1996 Bulls ever again even apart from Jordan.

Take out a team's best player and you still have:

1st team all nba + 1st team all defensive player
1st team all defensive player.
6th man of the year.

Nobody will have that much super team around them again.

8Ball
09-10-2022, 09:00 PM
1996 bulls is as if you gave LeBron in 2020:

Another 1st team all defensive apart from AD.
And 6th man of the year.

Yeah, that's about as stacked as 1996 bulls.

Gohan
09-10-2022, 09:54 PM

And 6th man of the year.
?

Are you implying the 2001 sixers were stacked?

kawhileonard2
09-11-2022, 01:07 AM

Agreed!

TheGoatest
09-11-2022, 06:21 AM

And 6th man of the year.

Plus on top of all these someone who had averaged 20, 6, 5, 2 and 1 in 2018, but was still in his early 30s in 2020.

Soundwave
09-11-2022, 03:03 PM
If super-teaming was a thing in the 90s, the Bulls would've been way better, guys like Barkely or Ewing would have jumped ship and joined Jordan, but players weren't such p*ssies back then. Imagine Shaq jumping ship from Orlando to sign with Chicago after getting swept.

TheMan
09-12-2022, 01:46 AM

And 6th man of the year.

Defensive All NBA players don't make a team a superteam you nerd. Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan played together several years, TDuncan is top 10 GOAT while Bowen was a perennial 1st team All NBA defensive specialist yet I never heard anyone calling those Spurs a superteam. Sixth man of the year Toni Kukoc was a solid player but that's it, he never made an All Star nor All NBA team, FOH.

Fact, LeBron played with more All Stars and has played more years than MJ yet has less to show for it. The second threepeat Bulls are one of the greatest teams ever simply because they were led by the GOAT. MJ and Pippen were the only two All Stars, they were surrounded by very good role players, they were never considered a superteam, lol. You Bran stans are rewriting history, trying to paint them as a stacked team on par talent wise with early 80s Sixers, Bird Celtics, Showtime Lakers, Bad Boy Pistons, KD Warriors etc. You ain't fooling us, we lived that era.

Go bullshit others who weren't there.

SATAN
09-12-2022, 03:02 AM
Defensive All NBA players don't make a team a superteam you nerd. Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan played together several years, TDuncan is top 10 GOAT while Bowen was a perennial 1st team All NBA defensive specialist yet I never heard anyone calling those Spurs a superteam. Sixth man of the year Toni Kukoc was a solid player but that's it, he never made an All Star nor All NBA team, FOH.

Fact, LeBron played with more All Stars and has played more years than MJ yet has less to show for it. The second threepeat Bulls are one of the greatest teams ever simply because they were led by the GOAT. MJ and Pippen were the only two All Stars, they were surrounded by very good role players, they were never considered a superteam, lol. You Bran stans are rewriting history, trying to paint them as a stacked team on par talent wise with early 80s Sixers, Bird Celtics, Showtime Lakers, Bad Boy Pistons, KD Warriors etc. You ain't fooling us, we lived that era.

Go bullshit others who weren't there.

I was there.

Many people called the 72 win Bulls the best team of all time. Especially MJ casuals. Years later they started ignorantly throwing around the term "superteam" to diminish LeBron. Never heard them say it about any other great team, just about LeBron's situation. All while playing down the fact the Bulls were so good.

You can't make this shit up.

TheGoatest
09-12-2022, 03:32 AM
Years later they started ignorantly throwing around the term "superteam" to diminish LeBron.

:oldlol:

They even started comparing Chris "0 points in 28 minutes in game 7 of the finals" Bosh to Larry Bird. Or Magic Johnson. I don't know which one he was supposed to represent on this photoshop that went viral after LeBron joined that 1st round exit team in 2010:

http://media.cleveland.com/startingblocks/photo/38303-1359927324650-1425548093-30803837-6231306-njpg-bb06cfa95a191678_large.jpg

:roll:

TheMan
09-12-2022, 08:14 AM
I was there.

Many people called the 72 win Bulls the best team of all time. Especially MJ casuals. Years later they started ignorantly throwing around the term "superteam" to diminish LeBron. Never heard them say it about any other great team, just about LeBron's situation. All while playing down the fact the Bulls were so good.

You can't make this shit up.

How can a team with only 2 All Stars be called a superteam though? When LeBron colluded with Wade and Bosh, that right there was 3 All Stars, that's more star power = more fitting of the term superteam. The 80s Lakers and Celtics also had more All Stars and HOFers, not to mention KD Warriors and Big 3 Celtics...

I clearly do remember the Bulls being mentioned as being amongst the best ever, and I agree but that doesn't mean they were a superteam. A superteam has multiple All Stars, most 90s team that contended for titles had 2 All Stars, how are the Bulls that only had 2 All Stars a superteam? The reason the Bulls were so great was because they had really good role players, Kukoc, Rodman, Longley, Kerr, Harper alongside a versatile All Star in Pippen and finally the GOAT, MJ near his peak. They were a well oiled machine, each performing their role but they were never a star studded team you bullshitters are trying to liken to the teams I mentioned before...

Stop rewriting history...fact, LeBron has played with more stars but has less to show for it. That's a cold hard fact.

beau_boy04
09-12-2022, 11:09 AM
Stacked team or not, the main reason why the Bulls won so much is because of Michael Jordan. No MJ? no MVP, no chip, possibly no Coach of the Year either and no 72-10. So yeah, Jordan needed reliable teammates who accepted their respective roles.

Hey Yo
09-12-2022, 11:19 AM
How can a team with only 2 All Stars be called a superteam though? When LeBron colluded with Wade and Bosh, that right there was 3 All Stars, that's more star power = more fitting of the term superteam. The 80s Lakers and Celtics also had more All Stars and HOFers, not to mention KD Warriors and Big 3 Celtics...

I clearly do remember the Bulls being mentioned as being amongst the best ever, and I agree but that doesn't mean they were a superteam. A superteam has multiple All Stars, most 90s team that contended for titles had 2 All Stars, how are the Bulls that only had 2 All Stars a superteam? The reason the Bulls were so great was because they had really good role players, Kukoc, Rodman, Longley, Kerr, Harper alongside a versatile All Star in Pippen and finally the GOAT, MJ near his peak. They were a well oiled machine, each performing their role but they were never a star studded team you bullshitters are trying to liken to the teams I mentioned before...

Stop rewriting history...fact, LeBron has played with more stars but has less to show for it. That's a cold hard fact.

Only a dumbass would think being named an All-star is a bigger accomplishment than being named All-NBA or All-defensive.

FilmyCogTurner
09-12-2022, 11:20 AM
The 96 Bulls were a superteam in the way of the 2014 Spurs would be a superteam if they were on the 3rd title in a row by that point. A superteam not by the pieces but by how well the team performed as a group.

SATAN
09-12-2022, 11:23 AM
Only a dumbass would think being named an All-star is a bigger accomplishment than being named All-NBA or All-defensive.

He doesn't even understand what I said because he's inbred.

WhiteKyrie
09-12-2022, 11:23 AM
Jordan - GOAT
Pippen - Great Sidekick (garbage offensively)
Rodman - Great Role Player (meh in 97 and 98)

And then litany of specialists and role players, what?

In the time since them

Shaq and Kobe Lakers
KG and Pierce and Allen and Rondo Celts
LeBron and Wade and Bosh Heat
LeBron and Kyrie and Love Cavs
Steph and Klay and Dray and Iggy Warriors
Steph and KD and Klay and Dray Warriors
LeBron and AD Lakers
KD and Kyrie and Harden Nets

Were all way more stacked in terms of talent. Not to be confused with production and results.

A modern equivalent of those Chicago Bulls, would be the Kobe and Pau Gasol Lakers in terms of talent. And even those Laker teams probably had more talent every year cause they had Ron Artest and Lamar Odom types around Kobe and Gasol as well.

The Bull just played way better collectively as a unit and as a team, their games complemented one another, there was no hierarchy struggle, and they had the greatest of all time. Plus they played elite smothering defense. And defense wins championships.

TheMan
09-12-2022, 11:40 AM
^^Excellent post

Another great team that wasn't a superteam were the 2014 Spurs, led by an aging top 10 GOAT TDuncan, an emerging star in KLeonard with aging stars Manu and TParker surrounded by very good role players in DGreen, Mills, Diaw, Splitter and Belinelli...this team wasn't superstacked, they were a well coached team that understood their roles perfectly and played a beautiful style of basketball. They often get overlooked but I believe they are one of the all time great teams.

TheGoatest
09-12-2022, 01:50 PM
Stacked team or not, the main reason why the Bulls won so much is because of Michael Jordan. No MJ? no MVP, no chip, possibly no Coach of the Year either and no 72-10. So yeah, Jordan needed reliable teammates who accepted their respective roles.

No jordon? 55 win season 1st season without him.
No The Great Scott Pippen? 38, 30 and 40 win seasons.

TheMan
09-12-2022, 02:09 PM

No Jordan, no chip but 55 RS wins...that's nice but it don't mean a thing, without the ring. And stop pretending to be dense, MJ's teammates were coked out bums his first few seasons, the only reason they did anything was due to Jordan. MJ's first playoffs series win, he scored over 40 pts avg while Pippen came off the bench and didn't even score in double digits for the series...but "it's because of Pippen!" yell the retards :lol

TheGoatest
09-12-2022, 02:22 PM
No jordon, no chip but 55 RS wins >>> No The Great Scott Pippen, no chip but 40 RS wins

The Great Scott Pippen wins on a tie-breaker, even if this had been a 100% correct call (which it of course wasn't):

https://thumbor.bigedition.com/scottie-pippen-and-hubert-davis/WsFjAkibgG_0Oop09YBnQ3mcHZE=/800x0/filters:quality(80)/granite-web-prod/7d/58/7d58a02616ae4afbb982595fefe30021.jpg

WhiteKyrie
09-12-2022, 02:53 PM

They added Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington and yes with Peak Pippen having a career year but also due to motivation to prove they weren’t the “Jordanaires”. Horace and BJ had career years at their peak in contract seasons.

They also had three straight years of championship experience and resolve and running the same offensive system with the same continuity.

But is 55 wins and a second round exit something of significance?

They lost Horace and were struggling to maintain .500 in the 1995 season. Rusty baseball MJ comes back and they go 13-4 to end the season raising their record to 47-35. Which is a better winning percentage than the 1994 team.

Heat did the same thing in 2016 winning 48 games and getting to the 2nd round. In 2015 they didn’t have Wade due to injury. That’s 48 wins and second round and 3rd best record in the east, With Chris Bosh missing 30 games and missing the playoffs entirely. He was their second best player, think about that for a second. They could’ve very easily with a healthy team fit in the conference finals that season to do battle with the Cavs.

Bulls add Michael Jordan for a full season by 1996 and they go from 55 to 72 wins. 2nd round exit to Chip.

Hey Yo
09-12-2022, 03:11 PM
They added Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington and had career years, yes with Peak Pippen but also due to motivation to prove they weren’t the “Jordanaires”. Horace and BJ had career years at their peak in contract seasons.

They also had three straight years of championship experience and resolve and running the same offense of system with the same continuity.

They lost Horace and were struggling to maintain .500 in the 1995 season. Rusty baseball MJ comes back and they go 13-4 to end the season raising their record to 47-35. Which is a better winning percentage than the 1994 team.

Heat did the same thing in 2016 winning 48 games and getting to the 2nd round. In 2015 they didn’t have Wade due to injury.

Bulls add Michael Jordan for a full season by 1996 and they go from 55 to 72 wins. 2nd round exit to Chip.
Kerr got more mpg and fga so of course there was a chance he'd have a career year coming off the bench. Wennington and MJ's replacement, Pete Myers both played in Italy the prior 2yrs before signing with Chicago.

Could you imagine LeBron deciding at the last minute to retire in his prime, Cavs sign a 6th round pick who played overseas the last 2 seasons as his replacement and still come within a shit call away from making the ECF??

Game 7 in the ECSF without MJ........ game 6 in the ECSF the following year WITH Jordan......... then along came Dennis who got the ship back on course.

Axe
09-12-2022, 03:12 PM
They added Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington and yes with Peak Pippen having a career year but also due to motivation to prove they weren’t the “Jordanaires”. Horace and BJ had career years at their peak in contract seasons.

They also had three straight years of championship experience and resolve and running the same offensive system with the same continuity.

Heat did the same thing in 2016 winning 48 games and getting to the 2nd round. In 2015 they didn’t have Wade due to injury. That’s 48 wins and second round and 3rd best record in the east, With Chris Bosh missing 30 games and missing the playoffs entirely. He was their second best player, think about that for a second. They could’ve very easily with a healthy team fit in the conference finals that season to do battle with the Cavs.

But all that still doesn't erase the fact that michael jordan doesn't have any winning seasons without him, does it? And i say this based on eye tests alone.

TheMan
09-12-2022, 06:46 PM

And only a dumbass would think the 90s Bulls were as talented as the KD GSWs, early 80s Sixers, Bird Celtics, Showtime Lakers or Big 3 Celtics.

1987_Lakers
09-12-2022, 06:55 PM
And only a dumbass would think the 90s Bulls were as talented as the KD GSWs, early 80s Sixers, Bird Celtics, Showtime Lakers or Big 3 Celtics.

Obviously they weren't as stacked as those teams.

But we have to go by what competition they faced and in the 90s teams weren't as good. You had Reggie Miller and his Pacers competing for titles, David Robinson with nobody were consistently winning 55+ games. Rockets weren't stacked and they won back to back.

Bulls were stacked if we compare them to their opponents.

TheMan
09-12-2022, 07:45 PM

But we have to go by what competition they faced and in the 90s teams weren't as good. You had Reggie Miller and his Pacers competing for titles, David Robinson with nobody were consistently winning 55+ games. Rockets weren't stacked and they won back to back.

Bullshit, the Pacers fielded some good teams, besides Miller they had Rik Smits, Dale Davis, Antonio Davis, Mark Jackson, Chris Mullin...the Trailblazers had Drexler, Ainge, Buck Williams, Jerome Kersey, Terry Porter. The Miami Heat had Zo Mourning, Tim Hardaway, Steve Smith, Jamal Mashburn, Dan Majerle, Vashon Lenard, Bruce Bowen etc.

Now for NBA noobs, they might not recognize some of those names but those of us who lived that era, these were solid players. Much like the Bulls role players. The biggest difference is that the Bulls had the GOAT. Put MJ in the early 90s Cavs with Mark Price, Brad Daugherty, Derek Harper, Steve Kerr, Larry Nance, Hot Rod Williams, PJ Brown and I guarantee people would be claiming that he was on a loaded squad.

MJ made the Bulls stacked. Put him on the 97 Heat alongside Zo, THardaway and Mashburn, same thing...

Axe
09-12-2022, 07:47 PM

Wouldn't stop 3ball from comparing pippen to guys like klay thompson and andrew wiggins tho..

1987_Lakers
09-12-2022, 07:59 PM
Bullshit, the Pacers fielded some good teams, besides Miller they had Rik Smits, Dale Davis, Antonio Davis, Mark Jackson, Chris Mullin...the Trailblazers had Drexler, Ainge, Buck Williams, Jerome Kersey, Terry Porter. The Miami Heat had Zo Mourning, Tim Hardaway, Steve Smith, Jamal Mashburn, Dan Majerle, Vashon Lenard, Bruce Bowen etc.

Now for NBA noobs, they might not recognize some of those names but those of us who lived that era, these were solid players. Much like the Bulls role players. The biggest difference is that the Bulls had the GOAT. Put MJ in the early 90s Cavs with Mark Price, Brad Daugherty, Derek Harper, Steve Kerr, Larry Nance, Hot Rod Williams, PJ Brown and I guarantee people would be claiming that he was on a loaded squad.

MJ made the Bulls stacked. Put him on the 97 Heat alongside Zo, THardaway and Mashburn, same thing...

The Pacers best player was Reggie Miller, a dude who wasn't close to a superstar. All those players you are naming are not impressing. The Davis brothers? An old Chris Mullin? LOL.

I mean damn, the Knicks with Ewing and role players were competing for titles. Historic defense for sure, but they were offensively challenged.

You can't even compare the top teams in that era to the top teams from the 80's or 10's.

97 bulls
09-12-2022, 08:13 PM

What made the Bulls less stacked? Pippen was more accomplished than Worthy, McHale, Wade
. Rodman was more accomplished than those guys too. And he was the Bulls number 3 guy. He'll the Bulls have more Hall of Famers than any of those other teams as well.

1987_Lakers
09-12-2022, 08:15 PM
What made the Bulls less stacked? Pippen was more accomplished than Worthy, McHale, Wade
. Rodman was more accomplished than those guys too. And he was the Bulls number 3 guy. He'll the Bulls have more Hall of Famers than any of those other teams as well.

You really think the Bulls were more stacked than the '83 Sixers and the mid 80's Lakers and Celtics? LOL

Hey Yo
09-12-2022, 08:27 PM

I never made those claims, Nacho Man.

LOL @ thinking All-star >>>>> All-NBA

97 bulls
09-12-2022, 09:05 PM
You really think the Bulls were more stacked than the '83 Sixers and the mid 80's Lakers and Celtics? LOL

You don't? Lol. How so? Even Dennis Rodman did better as the man than McHale. Compare the Pistons in 92 to the Celtics in 89. The same for Worthy in 92. I mean, how are you qualifying "stacked"?

WhiteKyrie
09-12-2022, 09:34 PM
It’s not even close, Jordan’s Bulls aren’t close to being as stacked with three star teams of the 80s with Boston, LA, and Philly. Or the two headed alpha monster of the 00s with Shaq and Kobe. Or the teams with the trio of superstars of the 10s with:

KG, Pierce, Allen and Rondo Celtics
LeBron, Wade, Bosh Heat
LeBron, Kyrie, Love Cavs
KD, Curry, Klay Warriors

It was Jordan, the GOAT, and a great top 35 guy in Scottie Pippen as the prototypical sidekick or Robin to Jordan’s Batman that MJ he himself basically molded. Totally different. Hard work, perseverance, chemistry and will power. The GOAT

Axe
09-12-2022, 09:48 PM
It’s not even close, Jordan’s Bulls aren’t close to being as stacked with three star teams of the 80s with Boston, LA, and Philly. Or the two headed alpha monster of the 00s with Shaq and Kobe. Or the teams with the trio of superstars of the 10s with:

KG, Pierce, Allen and Rondo Celtics
LeBron, Wade, Bosh Heat
LeBron, Kyrie, Love Cavs
KD, Curry, Klay Warriors

It was Jordan, the GOAT, and a great top 35 guy in Scottie Pippen as the prototypical sidekick or Robin to Jordan’s Batman that MJ he himself basically molded. Totally different. Hard work, perseverance, chemistry and will power. The GOAT
Top 35? Lol i think you're underrating him a bit.

WhiteKyrie
09-12-2022, 10:30 PM
Nah. He’s 30 - 35 region on most lists.

https://theathletic.com/3137873/2022/02/23/the-nba-75-the-top-75-nba-players-of-all-time-from-mj-and-lebron-to-lenny-wilkens/?amp=1

And he could still get bumped further down.

TheMan
09-13-2022, 12:34 AM
I never made those claims, Nacho Man.

LOL @ thinking All-star >>>>> All-NBA

You're the inbred hillbilly claiming those Bulls were stacked talent wise right up there with those 80s Sixers, Celtics and Lakers, idiot.

97 bulls
09-13-2022, 02:36 AM
Nah. He’s 30 - 35 region on most lists.

https://theathletic.com/3137873/2022/02/23/the-nba-75-the-top-75-nba-players-of-all-time-from-mj-and-lebron-to-lenny-wilkens/?amp=1

And he could still get bumped further down.

Even on that list, he's firmly ahead of Bosh, McHale, and Worthy. Rodman played 62. I didn't see where Bosh was. So on that list the Bulls have the tip player, number 32, and number 62, the best coach ever, one of the best European players ever, a hall of Fame assistant coach in Tex Winter. And, Steve Kerr will get in based on his coaching and being the alltime leader in 3pt accuracy. That's 7 Hall of Famers on one team.

TheGoatest
09-13-2022, 03:20 AM

Finally, you make a decent post. I fully agree that all those teams would beat the 90s Bulls if they played against each other.
It is only how stacked they were relative to their competition of the time that the 90s Bulls destroy all those teams, with the exception of the 2016-18 Warriors, who were also overkill-stacked compared to any other team from 2016-18.

Round Mound
09-13-2022, 05:01 AM
I also have Pippen in the top 30-35 range

TheMan
09-13-2022, 07:34 AM
Finally, you make a decent post. I fully agree that all those teams would beat the 90s Bulls if they played against each other.
It is only how stacked they were relative to their competition of the time that the 90s Bulls destroy all those teams, with the exception of the 2016-18 Warriors, who were also overkill-stacked compared to any other team from 2016-18.

I never said you moutbreathing moron. You know you leading in the Stupidest poster thread right? You are easily the dumbest jackoff here. Just because a team isn't loaded talent wise doesn't mean they can't compete. Those 96 Bulls could compete with whomever because of how well they played together, same as the 2014 Spurs. On talent, they can't compete with those 80s teams but they have legit defenders at PG, SG, SF and PF, on top of that, they have the GOAT. Sure as hell they can play with anybody.

Axe
09-13-2022, 07:47 AM
I never said you moutbreathing moron. You know you leading in the Stupidest poster thread right? You are easily the dumbest jackoff here. Just because a team isn't loaded talent wise doesn't mean they can't compete. Those 96 Bulls could compete with whomever because of how well they played together, same as the 2014 Spurs. On talent, they can't compete with those 80s teams but they have legit defenders at PG, SG, SF and PF, on top of that, they have the GOAT. Sure as hell they can play with anybody.

TheGoatest
09-13-2022, 08:22 AM

First of all, thank you for confirming that "me = not mouthbreathing moron". You forgot to add "are a" in there, but that's okay.

Now, back to the subject of the 90s Bulls being the most stacked team of all time in comparison to the competition they faced: Any impression that the 90s Bulls gave of "playing as a team" ultimately came against the historically weak competition they played against in the 90s, as seen here:

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-9c43353ad2d2b581aa9323c8cfc5cda1-lq

All those other teams mentioned who won championships in eras with tougher competition couldn't have won without playing as a team. And because they faced tougher competition, they had to play more as a team more than the Bulls, who could win by simply out-stacking their opponents, like the 2016-18 Warriors. Those other talented teams from tougher eras had to play much more balanced. They couldn't afford to have their 1st option to take 7 more shot attempts per game than their 2nd like the 90s Bulls, where such type of basketball could produce championships.

97 bulls
09-13-2022, 09:12 AM
First of all, thank you for confirming that "me = not mouthbreathing moron". You forgot to add "are a" in there, but that's okay.

Now, back to the subject of the 90s Bulls being the most stacked team of all time in comparison to the competition they faced: Any impression that the 90s Bulls gave of "playing as a team" ultimately came against the historically weak competition they played against in the 90s, as seen here:

All those other teams mentioned who won championships in eras with tougher competition couldn't have won without playing as a team. And because they faced tougher competition, they had to play more as a team more than the Bulls, who could win by simply out-stacking their opponents, like the 2016-18 Warriors. Those other talented teams from tougher eras had to play much more balanced. They couldn't afford to have their 1st option to take 7 more shot attempts per game than their 2nd like the 90s Bulls, where such type of basketball could produce championships.

Where are you getting those efficiency stats from?

TheGoatest
09-13-2022, 09:25 AM
Where are you getting those efficiency stats from?

https://cavsnation.com/all-of-lebron-james-nba-finals-opponents-had-better-net-efficiency-ratings-than-michael-jordans-finals-opponents/

https://images4.imagebam.com/33/81/ef/MED0YW0_o.png

97 bulls
09-13-2022, 10:10 AM
https://cavsnation.com/all-of-lebron-james-nba-finals-opponents-had-better-net-efficiency-ratings-than-michael-jordans-finals-opponents/

https://images4.imagebam.com/33/81/ef/MED0YW0_o.png

It looks like that's talking about OFFENSIVE EFFICIENCY. Which makes sense based on the rule changes. This was also in the article.

"This insight in defense of James should also serve as a portrait of two legends being products of totally different eras. The NBA shifted towards a more high-scoring, efficiency-oriented form of basketball for the greater part of the past decade, "

TheMan
09-13-2022, 11:30 AM
It looks like that's talking about OFFENSIVE EFFICIENCY. Which makes sense based on the rule changes. This was also in the article.

"This insight in defense of James should also serve as a portrait of two legends being products of totally different eras. The NBA shifted towards a more high-scoring, efficiency-oriented form of basketball for the greater part of the past decade, "

Of course he left that part out :lol

TheMan
09-13-2022, 11:34 AM

I meant to write "I never THAT you mouthbreathing moron", it's a typo, you knew what I meant to write.

TheGoatest
09-13-2022, 12:07 PM

It's talking about the differential between the team's offensive and defensive efficiency. There are plenty of modern era teams with similar ratings to that of jordon's finals opponents. It's just that the very top teams of the 2010s that LeBron faced in the finals have a substantially better rating than the very top teams of the 1990s that jordon faced in the finals.

97 bulls
09-13-2022, 01:26 PM
It's talking about the differential between the team's offensive and defensive efficiency. There are plenty of modern era teams with similar ratings to that of jordon's finals opponents. It's just that the very top teams of the 2010s that LeBron faced in the finals have a substantially better rating than the very top teams of the 1990s that jordon faced in the finals.

I'm only going off what the article you sent said.

By sheer numbers. I don't see how it's possible to have a better offensive and defensive efficiency. Meaning that if I get what you're saying, the teams Lebron James teams faced were better both offensively and defensively. Because if a team is scoring 120 points, that's means the team said team played, gave up 120 points. Unless it's relative.

RogueBorg
09-14-2022, 09:19 AM

By sheer numbers. I don't see how it's possible to have a better offensive and defensive efficiency. Meaning that if I get what you're saying, the teams Lebron James teams faced were better both offensively and defensively. Because if a team is scoring 120 points, that's means the team said team played, gave up 120 points. Unless it's relative.

Trying to get "The Dumbest Poster Ever" (as voted by the fans) to understand what you're talking about is like trying to teach a monkey to read.

TheGoatest
09-14-2022, 10:47 AM

It is the difference between the "estimate of points scored per 100 possessions" and the "estimate of points allowed per 100 possessions", shown on the NRtg category here from 1992 and 2012 (jordon's highest NRtg and LeBron's lowest NRtg opponent from that list):

https://images4.imagebam.com/71/31/45/MED3LFI_o.png

https://images4.imagebam.com/bd/85/f9/MED3LH8_o.png

Except these ones are with finals included, whereas the ones from the first picture were from before the finals. It's not really a number that fluctuates with eras.

JBSptfn
09-14-2022, 12:45 PM
It’s not even close, Jordan’s Bulls aren’t close to being as stacked with three star teams of the 80s with Boston, LA, and Philly. Or the two headed alpha monster of the 00s with Shaq and Kobe.

The Shaq and Kobe Lakers were garbage. They only had two players and a bunch of stiffs.

The 90's Bulls and 00-02 Lakers benefited from Dick Ebersol and his scripting of the sport. He was a TV producer who didn't care about the NBA. He saw the Bulls (and then the Lakers) as the good guys, and everyone else as the bad guys.

97 bulls
09-14-2022, 09:59 PM
It is the difference between the "estimate of points scored per 100 possessions" and the "estimate of points allowed per 100 possessions", shown on the NRtg category here from 1992 and 2012 (jordon's highest NRtg and LeBron's lowest NRtg opponent from that list):

https://images4.imagebam.com/71/31/45/MED3LFI_o.png

https://images4.imagebam.com/bd/85/f9/MED3LH8_o.png

Except these ones are with finals included, whereas the ones from the first picture were from before the finals. It's not really a number that fluctuates with eras.

Do you really think it's a coincidence that the ORTG of the team's in 2012 were all over 100 except 1? Where as the Jordan year there were 6 teams that had an ORTG under 100? The rule changes put everything out of whack.

TheGoatest
09-14-2022, 11:33 PM
Do you really think it's a coincidence that the ORTG of the team's in 2012 were all over 100 except 1? Where as the Jordan year there were 6 teams that had an ORTG under 100? The rule changes put everything out of whack.

For the third time, it's not the offensive rating. It's the DIFFERENCE between the offensive rating and the defensive rating. The offensive and defensive ratings may fluctuate with eras to an extent where you can say "the game was different". But the difference number doesn't.

97 bulls
09-15-2022, 12:46 AM
For the third time, it's not the offensive rating. It's the DIFFERENCE between the offensive rating and the defensive rating. The offensive and defensive ratings may fluctuate with eras to an extent where you can say "the game was different". But the difference number doesn't.

My bad bro. I read it backwards. Based on those stats. Are we also gonna say that the offenses in the Jordan years were better than the Lebron years?

TheGoatest
09-15-2022, 02:56 AM
My bad bro. I read it backwards. Based on those stats. Are we also gonna say that the offenses in the Jordan years were better than the Lebron years?

I assume you mean "are we gonna say the offenses in the 90s were better than offenses in the 2010s because the offensive rating numbers were higher in the 90s"?
Once again, that is a number that fluctuates with eras. So no, you can't assume anything based on that number by comparing it to one from another era straight up.
What we can definitely say is that the combined strength of offense + defense from the 2nd to the 4th-ish best teams of the 90s in relation to the strength of offense + defense from the competition those teams faced in their own same era isn't as great as the strength of offense + defense from the #2-4 best teams from the 2010s in relation to the competition they faced in 2010s.

97 bulls
09-17-2022, 02:59 PM
I assume you mean "are we gonna say the offenses in the 90s were better than offenses in the 2010s because the offensive rating numbers were higher in the 90s"?
Once again, that is a number that fluctuates with eras. So no, you can't assume anything based on that number by comparing it to one from another era straight up.
What we can definitely say is that the combined strength of offense + defense from the 2nd to the 4th-ish best teams of the 90s in relation to the strength of offense + defense from the competition those teams faced in their own same era isn't as great as the strength of offense + defense from the #2-4 best teams from the 2010s in relation to the competition they faced in 2010s.
The combined strength based on who both teams played in their particular era. And that's the point. The 96 Bulls have the highest margin of victory. Does that mean that they're the best team ever? I'm sure you'd say no, because of their competition

HoopsNY
09-17-2022, 08:37 PM
The Shaq and Kobe Lakers were garbage. They only had two players and a bunch of stiffs.

The 90's Bulls and 00-02 Lakers benefited from Dick Ebersol and his scripting of the sport. He was a TV producer who didn't care about the NBA. He saw the Bulls (and then the Lakers) as the good guys, and everyone else as the bad guys.

A bunch of stiffs? You don't know what you're talking about. That was an incredibly well built team that saw guys fit their roles in the perfect manner.

How many supporting players would you really rather have over Robert Horry? Guy hit one big shot after the next. Fisher was also an incredible role player who was a good perimeter defender and could hit the 3 on a kick out from Shaq or Kobe. In addition, they had added veteran guys like Shaw, Grant, and Rick Fox. All these guys were central to the triangle. And how could we forget Glen Rice?

Kobe missed 16 games in the 2000 season. Rice put up almost 17/5/3/1 on 58% TS% in his absence. He played a key role and would consistently hit big shots when the Lakers needed him to.

Rice put up 16/6/2/1 on 5-7 shooting (71%) in the close out game in the 2000 finals. Remember, Kobe shot 30% in that game and the Lakers weren't getting scoring from anyone else but Shaq.

Remember Kobe left game 2 with the injury and Rice stepped up putting up 21/4/3 on 63% TS%. Without Rice, I'm not sure LA wins that series.

8Ball
09-18-2022, 05:14 PM
This thread shows that not only did Jordan play with super teams, he had one of the most stacked super teams of all time. Only the 2017 Warriors was "more stacked". I don't think there has been any dispute there.

97 bulls
09-18-2022, 10:55 PM
This thread shows that not only did Jordan play with super teams, he had one of the most stacked super teams of all time. Only the 2017 Warriors was "more stacked". I don't think there has been any dispute there.

I think the Bulls were more stacked

WhiteKyrie
09-19-2022, 12:20 AM
I think the Bulls were more stacked

That’s just remedial then. And shows an insane lack of knowledge or agenda driven bias.

KD (Top 15) and Steph (Top 15)

MJ (Best Ever) and Scottie (Top 35)

Then Klay, Dray, Iggy > Rodman, Kukoc, Caffey. That doesn’t mean the sum of the Bulls parts can’t be greater but on pure talent? Warriors easily.

97 bulls
09-19-2022, 01:18 AM
That’s just remedial then. And shows an insane lack of knowledge or agenda driven bias.

KD (Top 15) and Steph (Top 15)

MJ (Best Ever) and Scottie (Top 35)

Then Klay, Dray, Iggy > Rodman, Kukoc, Caffey. That doesn’t mean the sum of the Bulls parts can’t be greater but on pure talent? Warriors easily.

Lol Caffey? What about Ron Harper? Or the alltime leader in 3pt accuracy in Steve Kerr?

The Bulls have the GOAT in Michael Jordan, arguably the greatest perimeter defender ever in Scottie Pippen, the Greatest rebounder ever and arguably the greatest defender ever in Dennis Rodman, one of the greatest European players ever in Toni Kukoc, and the greatest coach ever in Phil Jackson, and statistically, the greatest 3pt shooter ever in Steve Kerr. Then they had a 20ppg guy that was their 5th scorer in Ron Harper. Hell their assistant coach went to the Hall of Fame.

All the Warriors have is great shooters. Lol

TheMan
09-19-2022, 01:21 AM
Lol Caffey? What about Ron Harper? Or the alltime leader in 3pt accuracy in Steve Kerr?

The Bulls have the GOAT in Michael Jordan, arguably the greatest perimeter defender ever in Scottie Pippen, the Greatest rebounder ever and arguably the greatest defender ever in Dennis Rodman, one of the greatest European players ever in Toni Kukoc, and the greatest coach ever in Phil Jackson, and statistically, the greatest 3pt shooter ever in Steve Kerr. Then they had a 20ppg guy that was their 5th scorer in Ron Harper. Hell their assistant coach went to the Hall of Fame.

All the Warriors have is great shooters. Lol

If they played in today's soft ass era, the 17 Warriors win, defenses aren't allowed to play physical anymore. If they play by 90s rules, then the 96 Bulls win.

97 bulls
09-19-2022, 01:32 AM
If they played in today's soft ass era, the 17 Warriors win, defenses aren't allowed to play physical anymore. If they play by 90s rules, then the 96 Bulls win.

I think the Bulls would be better today.

TheMan
09-19-2022, 01:40 AM
I think the Bulls would be better today.

How? Their main strength was defense during their second threepeat, they won many games that never reached triple digits by the winning team. Today, a team can score 120 pts in a game and still lose. 96 Bulls definitely win by 90s rules, I just don't think they have the firepower to hang with the 17 Ws and refs today won't let them play D.

SATAN
09-19-2022, 02:12 AM
MJ couldn't guard Rex Chapman let alone Klay or Steph.

PerkinsFor3
09-19-2022, 02:19 AM
How? Their main strength was defense during their second threepeat, they won many games that never reached triple digits by the winning team. Today, a team can score 120 pts in a game and still lose. 96 Bulls definitely win by 90s rules, I just don't think they have the firepower to hang with the 17 Ws and refs today won't let them play D.

Could the Warriors hang with the physical, hand checking era of those old teams? Eras so different, you really cant compare.

TheGoatest
09-19-2022, 02:25 AM

This. He needed well post his prime Jeff Hornacek or below level offense to match his defensive capabilities.

TheMan
09-19-2022, 08:27 AM
This. He needed well post his prime Jeff Hornacek or below level offense to match his defensive capabilities.

Troll harder, your shtick is getting tiresome.

TheMan
09-19-2022, 08:28 AM
Could the Warriors hang with the physical, hand checking era of those old teams? Eras so different, you really cant compare.

Hence I wrote, by 90s rules, the 96 Bulls win :confusedshrug:

TheMan
09-19-2022, 08:30 AM

Remember that time when bench player Jason Terry outscored and outplayed LeBran for a whole Finals series and not just one random regular season game? :lol

WhiteKyrie
09-19-2022, 10:09 AM
Both the early 90s Chicago Bulls and late 90s Chicago Bulls would be totally fine in today’s league, where players are allowed to jack up three-pointers more frequently.

Early 90s Bulls in todays league

PG - BJ
SG - Paxson
SF - Jordan
PF - Pippen
C - Ho Grant

You still got long range shooting, length, rebounding, great perimeter and interior defense.

Late 90s Bulls in today’s league

G - Harper
G - Jordan
F - Pippen
F - Kukoc
C - Rodman (inferior passing and creating but better defending version of Dray)

Remember that time when bench player Jason Terry outscored and outplayed LeBran for a whole Finals series and not just one random regular season game? :lol
Isn’t that the one where 6’8 and 250 lbs LeBron got locked up and couldn’t post up 5’7 Caucasian boricua milk man JJ Barea?

97 bulls
09-19-2022, 10:23 AM
Both the early 90s Chicago Bulls and late 90s Chicago Bulls would be totally fine in today’s league, we’re players are allowed to jack up three-pointers more frequently.

PG - BJ
SG - Paxson
SF - Jordan
PF - Pippen
C - Ho Grant

You still got long range shooting, length, rebounding, great perimeter and interior defense.

G - Harper
G - Jordan
F - Pippen
F - Kukoc

Isn’t that the one where 6’8 and 250 lbs LeBron got locked up and couldn’t post up 5’7 Caucasian boricua milk man JJ Barea?

Pippen, Kukoc, and Jordan are excellent passers. Kukoc was known as "the Waiter" because he served so many asissts

WhiteKyrie
09-19-2022, 10:30 AM
Pippen, Kukoc, and Jordan are excellent passers. Kukoc was known as "the Waiter" because he served so many asissts

You’re saying all of this to me like I don’t already know that. And I agree. Those were Chicago’s three best offensive players.

TheMan
09-19-2022, 11:27 AM
Both the early 90s Chicago Bulls and late 90s Chicago Bulls would be totally fine in today’s league, where players are allowed to jack up three-pointers more frequently.

PG - BJ
SG - Paxson
SF - Jordan
PF - Pippen
C - Ho Grant

G - Harper
G - Jordan
F - Pippen
F - Kukoc

Yes! That's the one! Bronies acting like that's ancient history and everyone forgot but...we will always remember. :pimp:

WhiteKyrie
09-19-2022, 11:30 AM
Yes! That's the one! Bronies acting like that's ancient history and everyone forgot but...we will always remember. :pimp:

Is that the same finals that geriatric 40-year-old Jason kid locked him up along with geriatric 40-year-old Shawn Marion? Same one right? The one where he quit on his team when they should’ve went up three games to none, when it was obvious Dwyane Wade was the best player for both teams on both sides of the court? Same finals right? Isn’t that the one where the ships sailed on ever being on Jordan’s level?

Hey Yo
09-19-2022, 11:53 AM
Is that the same finals that geriatric 40-year-old Jason kid locked him up along with geriatric 40-year-old Shawn Marion? Same one right? The one where he quit on his team when they should’ve went up three games to none, when it was obvious Dwyane Wade was the best player for both teams on both sides of the court? Same finals right? Isn’t that the one where the ships sailed on ever being on Jordan’s level?

Who was Wade's primary assignment on defense?

TheMan
09-19-2022, 12:45 PM

You read my mind, bruh :cheers:

1987_Lakers
09-19-2022, 12:53 PM

Your avatar made this post funnier.