PDA

View Full Version : You watch the Tim Donaghy Netflix special? Iverson should sue.

Kblaze8855
09-01-2022, 09:52 PM
He’s obviously full of shit in ways and his bookie friends mentioned he was wrong like 70% of the time telling them who to bet on but he’d be right in the games he reffed himself because he could influence the other refs to look for things.

They show him setting out to target Iverson for carry violations when he was in Denver one game and all 3 of them(refs) called one early to get him off his game. Claimed it was to get back at AI for some argument with another ref but it was just him gambling and getting refs not involved to pay attention to what he wanted them looking for. He was making 400K a year legally reffing games but was such an addict he wouldn’t stop.

The guy who literally wrote the book on the scandal wasn’t allowed to chime in and he went on a podcast and mentioned how Tim likes to lie about how good he was picking other peoples games so he didn’t know about rigging by the league but was reliable as hell in games he reffed.

Iverson should demand some of that fine money back. The refs actually set out to **** him over. Weren’t calling fouls on his drives no matter what some games. Arbitrary violation enforcement.

The guys refs hated actually were being made worse by the refs on purpose. He didn’t need the other refs to be in on it. He’d intentionally manipulate the games to piss off coaches he knew other refs hated and would wanna see lose. He ****ed the Heat multiple times with refs who just hated Pat Riley. He went 37-10 on his picks with one bookie.

I wanna know how the nba kept any of its former players from speaking in this show. You know they contacted a few. They have all the footage and I’m sure the nba wouldn’t allow it so maybe they got it from the networks direct? It’s mostly espn footage and you’d think the nba could stop that. They managed to nearly wipe the Malice in the palace off the internet and tv at one point but they let examples of ref rigging get aired?

If Stern we’re alive someone would go missing.

Kblaze8855
09-01-2022, 09:58 PM
Another time he told the AI story

https://youtu.be/oRiiiERRpiQ

AI was 5-19 with 5 turnovers and at least 3 of the turnovers were refs calling palming to **** with him and he probably should have shot 20 free throws instead of 12.

And knowing it AI still wouldn’t comment on the story on camera when asked.

That hush money must be ample.

ArbitraryWater
09-01-2022, 10:00 PM
In general he seems like an absolute idiot when he is on YouTube claiming this and that game is fixed and the refs are doing this and that here..

Kblaze8855
09-01-2022, 10:10 PM
Yea I don’t get the impression he knows anything about games he doesnt ref himself. There’s a reason the guys bet games he reffed and learned not to bet those he just claimed inside info on.

1987_Lakers
09-01-2022, 10:29 PM
Im 15 minutes in. Apparently during the '96 season the refs were ordered to call more travels on a spin move, Donaghy called MJ for a travel when he did the move, got shit from other refs, they basically told him "call it on other players, but not MJ".

1987_Lakers
09-01-2022, 11:38 PM
What a learned from this documentary, David Stern was one slippery fvck.

i too hope a rich guy gets richer

this will surely make my life better

and solve all the world's problems

Gohan
09-03-2022, 03:53 AM
Proof Iverson should have a championship. Top 10 player ever? I think so