PDA

View Full Version : Paul Bunyan James. What story will you tell your grandkids of the legend?

Mask the Embiid
09-04-2022, 12:35 AM
I’m gonna tell them how he was 6’9, 260, and was faster than every guard in the league.

https://youtu.be/QoX19PfhPQY

Akeem34TheDream
09-04-2022, 06:33 AM
He would have been the GOAT if he could make freethrows

Honor Boost
09-04-2022, 06:54 AM
I'll tell them how he pulled out his weiner on live TV during an NBA finals match and everyones jaws dropped in envy. Most OG thing we will ever see in a basketball game. Dropped trou midcourt during a finals broadcast to unveil a ten inch trouser snake.

Spurs m8
09-04-2022, 07:18 AM
Nothing...

And they won't care

Irrelevant

zeerghit
09-04-2022, 07:40 AM
Nothing...

And they won't care

Irrelevant

not for you... u posting about him all the time

Full Court
09-04-2022, 09:33 AM
As an avid basketball historian, I'll definitely talk about him getting sonned by Jason Terry and leading a super team to the lottery.

3ba11
09-04-2022, 07:13 PM
I'll say how the giant lost to the least athletic stars in history like Dirk, Duncan, Curry and Klay.. So a boss like Jordan would've destroyed him

1987_Lakers
09-04-2022, 07:17 PM
I'll say how the giant lost to the least athletic stars in history like Dirk, Duncan, Curry and Klay..

MJ lost back to back years vs Boston, far from an athletic team. DJ & Ainge didn't even dunk.

3ba11
09-04-2022, 07:19 PM
MJ lost back to back years vs Boston, far from an athletic team. DJ & Ainge didn't even dunk.

But everyone loses with low seeds - they're supposed to lose

Otoh, Lebron lost with super-teams, favorites and defending title teams

No comparison - only Lebron lost when expected to win.... a super-ton of times.. No one fell to underdog or lost more with preseason favorites than Bron

1987_Lakers
09-04-2022, 07:22 PM
https://media.cnn.com/api/v1/images/stellar/prod/130214162249-04-michael-jordan.jpg?q=w_3600,h_2025,x_0,y_0,c_fill/w_480

1987_Lakers
09-04-2022, 07:24 PM
Otoh, Lebron lost with super-teams, favorites and defending title teams

Only time he lost as the favorite in the Finals was 2011.

He was underdog in 2012 & 2016 heading into the Finals and won.

1987_Lakers
09-04-2022, 07:32 PM
To answer OP's question he will go down as the most versatile player ever. A player who can play PG, SG, SF, & PF at an extremely high level, one of the few players to lead the league in scoring and assists in different years, what separated him from other players wasn't only his freakish athleticism, but also his court vision. When you have that size, athletic ability, & court vision it's game over. Also GOAT finisher at the rim.

On the defensive end at his peak he could pretty much guard every position, put the clamps on Tony Parker and MVP Rose during his Miami days, also has shown he could defend bigs at a high level. Great rim protector for his size, known his famous chase down blocks and is capable of protecting the rim in the half court set as well.

His versatility to me really sticks with me.

3ba11
09-04-2022, 07:54 PM
:facepalm:

GrayGoat
09-04-2022, 07:55 PM
Probably the one where he came back from a 3-1 deficit to beat a 73-9 team while leading everyone in everything. This literally sounds made up :oldlol:

3ba11
09-04-2022, 08:00 PM
Probably the one where he came back from a 3-1 deficit to beat a 73-9 team while leading everyone in everything. This literally sounds made up :oldlol:

Cavs were the preseason favorite

And Kyrie demolished Curry, so that's like Pippen going to the 93' Finals and destroying Barkley, aka easy ring

Ultimately, Lebron never defeated maximum defensive attention (never carried scoring load in Finals)

3ba11
09-04-2022, 08:01 PM
He was underdog in 2012 & 2016 heading into the Finals and won.

After losing as the favorite for 3 straight years from 2009-2011, the oddsmakers weren't going to embarrass themselves in 2012 - so Lebron was an underdog to Westbrick in 2012... That's a black mark in the goat conversation... :confusedshrug:

He was underdog in 2012 & 2016 heading into the Finals

Why would he be underdog heading into the Finals when he was preseason favorite??

Lebron was the preseason favorite from 2011-2016

So he fell to Finals underdog or loser for 6 straight years, except the Ray Allen miracle..

Only a miracle stopped Lebron from underachieving his team's talent for 6 straight years

Only time he lost as the favorite in the Finals was 2011.

* Lebron was one of the 5 biggest favorites to ever lose a playoff series when he lost to Dwight.. Dwight's team had the injury excuse and still won.

* Lebron lost as a -500 favorite against the 2010 Celtics because he averaged 21 on 34% for the last 3 games to lose a 2-1 lead

* Lebron lost to Dallas as the favorite

* Lebron lost by record amount in 2014 despite even odds heading into the series

* Lebron lost with a super-team in 2017 when many people including Nick Wright thought the Cavs were guaranteed victory.

Axe
09-04-2022, 08:01 PM
I might tell them about an obsessed geriatric who claimed to have dunked over 6'9 zach randolph bt. :biggums:

3ba11
09-04-2022, 08:02 PM
I might tell them about an obsessed geriatric who claimed to have dunked over 6'9 zach randolph bt. :biggums:

Ahhh yes....

An obvious troll deflection - the telltale sign that 3ball's recent posts hit a nerve

1987_Lakers
09-04-2022, 08:02 PM
This dude 3ball really having a meltdown over actual facts, everything I said was true. He was underdog in those years and won.

Axe
09-04-2022, 08:04 PM
Ahhh yes....

An obvious troll deflection - the telltale sign that 3ball's recent posts hit a nerve
Ohh you think that was you?? Eww sorry, geezer.

3ba11
09-04-2022, 08:06 PM
This dude 3ball really having a meltdown over actual facts, everything I said was true. He was underdog in those years and won.

He was the preseason favorite

Why would the preseason favorite fall to underdog against Westbrick of all people?

It's because oddsmakers were like "f*ck lebron" after he lost as the favorite in the previous 3 seasons

Being a Finals underdog is a black mark if you were the preseason favorite - the "comp" argument doesn't work for the preseason favorite because that would reward underachieving the expectation

And no one underachieved the preseason expectation more than Lebron - no one is remotely close.. Lebron's woat brand of ball simply underachieves the talent expectation (preseason favorite)

TheMan
09-04-2022, 08:15 PM
One of the best I've seen.

Unequaled durability, going into his 20th season clearly no longer what he once was but still damn good considering the age, wear and tear. Versatile, big enough to play with PFs and quick enough to defend guards. Had the physical tools to be the GOAT, just never fully developed that killer instinct, too much of a nice guy wanting to be loved by everyone, part of the reason he shit the bed HARD in 2011, being a villain had him shook.

At his highest, he was right there with the GOAT but at his lowest, he was ousted by goofball DHoward with HCA and outscored during a Finals by bench player Jason Terry.

What could've been...still though, def one of the GOATs.

3ba11
09-04-2022, 08:36 PM
I'll say that Giannis was a baaaaad man... :pimp:

Bigger, stronger, faster than Lebron...

And he learned how to win - he learned the teammate development, teammate fits and brand of ball to win organically, so he didn't have to be a talent-based winner like Lebron (team-hopping.. all-star team strategy)

Lebron was good but he wasn't required to be a good defender in his 30's (no all-defense in his 30's).. Furthermore, at high volume, he lacked the jumpshooting skill, efficiency and brand of ball to beat good teams by carrying the scoring load.. Since he can't carry the scoring load in Finals, he needs top producers at sidekick like AD, Wade or Kyrie and can't win with secondary producers like Wiggins or Pippen.

8Ball
09-04-2022, 09:41 PM
I’m gonna tell them how he was 6’9, 260, and was faster than every guard in the league.

https://youtu.be/QoX19PfhPQY

I will tell my grandkids that God created the nearly perfect basketball player as well as the most durable and he was named LeBron James.

8Ball
09-04-2022, 09:44 PM

And he learned how to win - he learned the teammate development, teammate fits and brand of ball to win organically, so he didn't have to be a talent-based winner like Lebron (team-hopping.. all-star team strategy)

Lebron was good but he wasn't required to be a good defender in his 30's (no all-defense in his 30's).. Furthermore, at high volume, he lacked the jumpshooting skill, efficiency and brand of ball to beat good teams by carrying the scoring load.. Since he can't carry the scoring load in Finals, he needs top producers at sidekick like AD, Wade or Kyrie and can't win with secondary producers like Wiggins or Pippen.

You will tell your grandkids he is the GOAT, You have already done so:

https://i.ibb.co/XCD6m9n/3-Ball-Le-Bron-is-the-GOAT.png

GrayGoat
09-04-2022, 09:56 PM

You won’t reproduce. Your bloodline ends with you

8Ball
09-04-2022, 10:11 PM
You won’t reproduce. Your bloodline ends with you

Damn.

Why are people so mean?

Full Court
09-04-2022, 10:40 PM

The only meltdowns I'm seeing in this thread are from Bronies. :lol

1987_Lakers
09-04-2022, 10:45 PM
You will tell your grandkids he is the GOAT, You have already done so:

https://i.ibb.co/XCD6m9n/3-Ball-Le-Bron-is-the-GOAT.png

For those wondering that is 3ball way back in 2013.

:roll:

Full Court
09-04-2022, 11:16 PM
For those wondering that is 3ball way back in 2013.

How is this supposed to be some kind of "gotcha" thing? :biggums:

Looks like 3ball had high expectations of Bronie back then. It's a shame Bronie was too inadequate to live up to them.

1987_Lakers
09-05-2022, 12:16 AM
How is this supposed to be some kind of "gotcha" thing? :biggums:

Looks like 3ball had high expectations of Bronie back then. It's a shame Bronie was too inadequate to live up to them.

The funny thing is he denied he made those posts, says a mod hacked his account. But if you look closer, you could see it's him, uses the same vocab like "scoring load" in his posts like he does today. :roll:

All that aside, he actually sounds like a normal dude back then. Shame what LeBron did to him.

bison
09-05-2022, 02:07 AM
I will tell my grandkids that LeBarry was the mischievous colluding sidekick to the great Dwayne Wade, Anthony MVP Davis and Kyrie ‘The King’ Irving.

3ba11
09-05-2022, 03:37 AM
The funny thing is he denied he made those posts, says a mod hacked his account. But if you look closer, you could see it's him, uses the same vocab like "scoring load" in his posts like he does today. :roll:

All that aside, he actually sounds like a normal dude back then. Shame what LeBron did to him.

We've been over this many times but you guys are immature so you can't stop lying

In the first post, I was describing the recency bias of the other poster by saying what he was thinking, aka "Lebron killed it tonight, so he's better", aka dumb logic and recency bias.. that's what the other poster was thinking and I was describing that..

The other poster and posters knew what I was doing and no one thought that I said Lebron was better.. only 10 years later are posters making stuff up about that exchange but they weren't there in the moment and are purposefully misinterpreting it

The idea that I thought Lebron was better after a random ECF game in 2013 and he only had 1 title - it's absurd.. Almost no one thought Lebron was on MJ's level back then, let alone me

^^^ that's the first post that I believe I did make.. The next 2 posts are completely fabricated by the mods after I was banned.. Those are absurd posts and obviously not me.. The mods went too far and it's obvious.. They tried to include their arguments and pass it off as me like the stuff about comp.. clear fabrication and fakery

Full Court
09-05-2022, 01:08 PM
I will tell my grandkids that LeBarry was the mischievous colluding sidekick to the great Dwayne Wade, Anthony MVP Davis and Kyrie ‘The King’ Irving.

Will you also tell them the great saga of Delonte West and Bronie's mom?

Honor Boost
09-07-2022, 12:20 AM
Only 4 Finals MVPs. Needs 6.

HylianNightmare
09-07-2022, 06:30 AM
How he could have been the goat if he didn't team hop