PDA

View Full Version : How many people on todays all nba teams would you choose prime Manu over?

Kblaze8855
09-10-2022, 11:27 AM
Just felt I’d ask with him going in the he hall. This guy:

https://youtu.be/SZ9d6Vjxu_w

Or these guys:

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2209102055040342.jpeg

How many do you pick Manu over in his prime to play next season?

Kblaze8855
09-10-2022, 11:29 AM
Im thinking I take Manu over 5 with Trae as a possible 6th. He’s too hard to read. I can’t decide if he’s an all time great or just all time productive. I wouldn’t argue if you chose him over Manu.

highwhey
09-10-2022, 11:45 AM
let's see, luka needs refs to be competitive...gianna can't score without the refs putting a blindfold on and ignoring the offensive foul and travel, curry needs all 4 teammates running illegal screens to score, derozan is trash, KD crumbles and has mental meltdowns, embiid is made of glass, cp3 is made of glass, who's the guy on the right of Bron? KAT? LMAO.

so i'm taking book, tatum, jokic, Bron, Ja and Trae. the rest are fakers.

Kblaze8855
09-10-2022, 11:50 AM
Has Lebron played as many games as Embiid and Paul the last couple years?

iamgine
09-10-2022, 12:22 PM
Lets see...Luka, Giannis, Jokic, Tatum, Steph, Morant, Durant, Embiid, CP, Lebron. That's...10.

SouBeachTalents
09-10-2022, 12:35 PM
No questions asked

Giannis
Jokic
Curry
Luka
Embiid
LeBron
KD
Tatum

The one guy I think I'd definitely take Manu over is DeRozan, the rest are at least debatable.

FultzNationRISE
09-10-2022, 01:10 PM
The question as always now is “how much better does he shoot threes if he plays in this era?”

If you give him a good three point shot he’s a damn near top-5 guy. If not I probably only take him over Derozan and Ja.

Kblaze8855
09-10-2022, 01:59 PM
He was shooting 39% from three when Durant was on the Warriors. He didn’t retire long enough ago for me to wonder if he would translate to the modern style.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BrownCompleteLeafcutterant-size_restricted.gif

That’s 40 year old Manu covered by Tatum and getting the switch on Horford to wet the game winning 3. We just saw the same two guys in the finals a couple months ago. Tatum not prime obviously but he’s closer to his prime there than Manu who peaked like 13 years before that.

He played in the modern league im just asking about what he’s have done 15-18 years younger.

I think he’d have become a full time attacking point. Maybe a 22/9 type who was better then his numbers.

FultzNationRISE
09-10-2022, 02:47 PM
He was shooting 39% from three when Durant was on the Warriors. He didn’t retire long enough ago for me to wonder if he would translate to the modern style.

For the season? I dont remember him ever shooting that well. Impressive if so. I always thought of him as a decent but not great, streaky shooter, similar to Doncic.

But when Manu actually grew up and learned basketball 30 years ago or whatever, threes werent emphasized as much. So I assume he wasnt ultimately the shooter he'd have been growing up today. Then again everyone has a ceiling, maybe he reached his regardless. I dunno.

But yeah, guy obviously had every tool in the bag and plenty of heart to go with it. It's tricky to really tell what his potential was as a high usage guy because he played his whole career with Tim and Tony. But if you tell me he shoots threes as well as Booker and Tatum I'll easily take him over those guys.

Kblaze8855
09-10-2022, 03:13 PM
He shot over 39% in 5 seasons. Two seasons over 40. He shot 44 percent from 3 on the 05 title run. He wasn’t some elite shooter but good enough not to assume he’d need to get better to be something today. He wasn’t a guy you could disregard outside. Hed make you defend him.

FultzNationRISE
09-10-2022, 03:43 PM
He shot over 39% in 5 seasons. Two seasons over 40. He shot 44 percent from 3 on the 05 title run. He wasn’t some elite shooter but good enough not to assume he’d need to get better to be something today. He wasn’t a guy you could disregard outside. Hed make you defend him.

Interesting. Didnt know he was that consistent.

Maybe I'm thinking of his regular shooting %, which appears to have been very erratic over his career. I know that's not considered as valuable a stat as it once was (understandably) but maybe I was just remembering that he was pretty up and down in terms of overall percentages.

bison
09-10-2022, 04:19 PM
I’m choosing prime manu over derozan, pascal, cp3, KAT annnnnnd….LeBum.

ShawkFactory
09-10-2022, 06:21 PM
Im thinking I take Manu over 5 with Trae as a possible 6th. He’s too hard to read. I can’t decide if he’s an all time great or just all time productive. I wouldn’t argue if you chose him over Manu.

I think we’ll know a lot more about Trae this year. He was dreadful against Miami obviously but I also think it was a product of the offense in general and him being asked to do too much, which generally works unless you’re in the playoffs against a great defensive team.

The jury is still out on him but I’m not sure I’d trade him for Manu yet. I’m almost there.

Gohan
09-10-2022, 06:41 PM
Id take manu over siakim and derozan but thats it

fsvr54
09-10-2022, 06:57 PM
I'd legit take prime Manu over 9 of those dudes.

Round Mound
09-10-2022, 08:15 PM
Manu's numbers would look alot better had he played on a bad team and as a starter. One of the best all around SGs ever.

FultzNationRISE
09-10-2022, 08:21 PM
Yeah Argentina had a nice NBA run there for a while with I think every starter on their national team in the Assn. Ginobili, Nocioni, Scola, Oberto, and I think someone else Im forgetting.

Cant think of a single Argentinian in the league today off the top of my head.

Edit: Looked it up, Carlos Delfino was the other one.

And Facundo Campazzo is reppin for the white and blue currently.

Xiao Yao You
09-10-2022, 08:28 PM
Yeah Argentina had a nice NBA run there for a while with I think every starter on their national team in the Assn. Ginobili, Nocioni, Scola, Oberto, and I think someone else Im forgetting.

Bolmaro!

ShawkFactory
09-10-2022, 09:14 PM
Manu's numbers would look alot better had he played on a bad team and as a starter. One of the best all around SGs ever.

I don’t think he had the overall scoring repertoire to be on that level. He was a little undersized and not overly athletic. Didn’t have quite as much as others in the midrange which is required for SGs.

If he was the guy on a team I think he’d be more of a PG. He’s one of the best passers I’ve ever seen and he was great and letting the game come to him. Wasn’t a typical SG attacker.

Im Still Ballin
09-11-2022, 11:35 AM

Walter Hermann, the white Dr. J.

Manny98
09-11-2022, 11:44 AM
Giannis
Curry
LeBron
Durant
Jokic
Embiid
Luka

And Butler as well

Prime Manu would be a top 10 player in today's NBA

Point-Forward
09-11-2022, 04:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnwpgs-beXk&ab_channel=JavierBF

The RAPM studies show him as a consistent top-5 player in the league from 2005 to 2011. Not saying he was by any means, just saying that deep statistical studies reflect an impact much bigger than what the raw stats suggest.

Im Still Ballin
09-11-2022, 05:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnwpgs-beXk&ab_channel=JavierBF

The RAPM studies show him as a consistent top-5 player in the league from 2005 to 2011. Not saying he was by any means, just saying that deep statistical studies reflect an impact much bigger than what the raw stats suggest.

When is Ben Taylor going to release that Manu video? I'm curious as to his analysis on him.

John8204
09-11-2022, 06:42 PM
Are we talking trades or All-NBA...

Doncic, Booker, Paul, Young, Curry, Morant...I wouldn't take Manu over any of those guys.

trades...the only three I would take over Manu

Derozan, Siakam, and Towns

imdaman99
09-11-2022, 09:30 PM
Prime Manu? I would take him over Booker, Morant, Derozan, Trae, Siakam and KAT.