PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Was Not a Good Passer

Full Court
09-13-2022, 08:08 AM
Here's video evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaqbclM08c

:roll:

Bronies are always trying to push false narratives, but those of us who are intelligent know.

TheGoatest
09-13-2022, 08:25 AM
You do know that the name of the thread creator (or alt, in your case) is visible on the main page, right?
So your lame "gotcha" attempt, where you post out-of-context highlights of that 2.3 assists per game in a finals series averaging chucker fails miserably. :roll:

Full Court
09-13-2022, 08:38 AM
You do know that the name of the thread creator (or alt, in your case) is visible on the main page, right?
So your lame "gotcha" attempt, where you post out-of-context highlights of that 2.3 assists per game in a finals series averaging chucker fails miserably. :roll:

You don't say!

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FDowKEtW nLZcru%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

I know you're more into the GOAT of Turnovers yourself. :lol

1987_Lakers
09-13-2022, 09:52 AM
Was Kobe a great passer as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNPi_MVaRm4

Full Court
09-13-2022, 11:03 AM

You tell me. Was Kobe a great passer?

FilmyCogTurner
09-13-2022, 11:16 AM
I think these things get overlooked because the rest of his game is spectacular - to add another component like passing seems crazy but you're kidding yourself if you don't think Jordan had great vision and those passes were threaded with way less spacing than players have now.

:36 against the Cavs is one of my favorites

j3lademaster
09-13-2022, 12:39 PM

Not great, but his passing touch was definitely very good. Problem is not a very willing passer and doesn’t always make the right play.

SouBeachTalents
09-13-2022, 01:13 PM
Jordan was not a good basketball player period.

Round Mound
09-13-2022, 01:25 PM
Jordan was a very good passer but Lebron is on another level regarding passing.

j3lademaster
09-13-2022, 01:33 PM
Harsh

Full Court
09-13-2022, 03:05 PM

True. Just think how many FMVPs, scoring titles, DPOY awards, etc. he could have won if he was actually good.

3ba11
09-13-2022, 04:30 PM
This guy has 50k views while the mickey mouse shit gets millions.. :facepalm:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uwJD3gt3zDs&t=02m37s

bizil
09-13-2022, 06:26 PM
Among score first type of players, MJ is ACTUALLY one of the best passers of all time! Most of the top PG's in today's league are score first mindset types. I would say MJ was a better passer than most of those guys. Before Pip came of age, MJ put up 32PPG-8 dimes-8 boards in a season. Those seasons would have happened MORE OFTEN if Pip didn't come of age. And MJ NEVER becomes the best player in the league WITHOUT being an elite passer.

KEEP IN MIND, he knocked a prime Magic and prime Bird of their throne to be the best player in the league. Bird and Magic PEAK WISE were ALSO the top two perimeter players EVER before MJ got rolling. NO WAY MJ's passes them by as the best on the planet WITHOUT being the the best passing SG in the league. The league at the time had NEVER seen freak athletes who could pass the rock as well as MJ and Drexler back in the day!

TheMan
09-13-2022, 08:41 PM
True. Just think how many FMVPs, scoring titles, DPOY awards, etc. he could have won if he was actually good.

This

Average player at best, had his moments but not consistent.

TheMan
09-13-2022, 08:48 PM

MJ has this retarded ****** absolutely mind****ed and seething :oldlol:

Manny98
09-14-2022, 06:41 AM
He was a good passer but the MJ fans that think he's on the same level of a passer as someone like LeBron or Bird are delusional

julizaver
09-14-2022, 07:35 AM
The basketball true fans should acknowledge greatness when evident. This debates will never stop - in 2010 I predicted and posted that in 10 years a new generation of fans will grow up and questioned MJ greatness. Those who are younger will have their own idols to follow and it is something understandable. I've always try to be objective and stay away from going to extremes. As I have watched the prime MJ, prime Kobe, prime Shaq and prime Lebron (props to him been still closed to it and having arguably the best longevity in basketball history) I can say that it is a little bit difficult to dissect a different players when playing different positions. Of course Lebron who is a willing passer will stay down as better passer than MJ, who we all know is the ultimate scorer. Can MJ pass the ball well - yes, does MJ have the same vision as Lebron - we never know, it is something you tend to have and something you develop with years, therefore Lebron will be regarded as better passer and having better vision. Someone can argue that Lebron has a better basketball IQ, and I can agree also. Is Lebron a strong competitor and winner - yes he is, but we all know MJ as the ultimate competitor, and he has better postseason resume (6 from 6), and I will put his NCAA title, his 2 from 2 at the Olympics, the history will tells that MJ is the better winner. And I who have watched the games will put it straight - I like Lebron and his contributions, but Lebron has no excuses for 2011, he just choked, MJ would never hide or playing second fiddle in his pro and international career in any circumstances. This is a GOAT debate and every failure is counted. And it is not the only one observation - in 2017 Finals Lebron played No defense, he put up excellent stats but he sacrificed his defense and you can't win a tittle like that. Also in 2014 Spurs were better as a team, but Lebron while playing good was not able to overcame the Game 1 (by memory), where there was problem with air-conditioning at the arena, he cramped. But it struck to me, because other players on the floor doesn't have the same issues. While I don't like to question athletes health issues it is something to me, you can't always compete under perfect situations. Also as I am from Europe, I can say that MJ fared better and was domination even in FIBA games or against European teams playing under FIBA rules ( I remembered Bulls tour in Europe during 90s where Rodman and Pippen were misising). Maybe because of his 3 NCAA seasons, but MJ fare better than Kobe and Lebron on international level. Kobe was also 2 from 2, but he doesn't look like Jordan in those two Olympics. All can see the TV games or can check the stats. I've watched every MJ, Lebron and Kobe NBA Finals game and I can say that while in some series Lebron was looking even more dominant than Jordan, he lags behind as a whole to MJ. Kobe in his first 3 chips was second fiddle to Shaq and in his 2 chips as a main man, he had some bad games where he was carried by his teammates.