PDA

View Full Version : House of Dragon (gmae of thrones with more incest) sets viewership record

highwhey
09-14-2022, 12:24 PM
20 million views for the first episode. in comparison, the game of thrones finale was viewed by 19 million.

interesting that a show about an incestous family sets record viewership, particularly in the US with white americans being the main demographic...https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/5I5s8.png

Patrick Chewing
09-14-2022, 12:49 PM
Just finished watching Episode 3. Can't put my finger on who the best character is yet, but I'm leaning towards the Princess.

AlternativeAcc.
09-14-2022, 02:27 PM
How's the show?

I dont watch it.

SouBeachTalents
09-14-2022, 03:20 PM
Even as someone who enjoyed GOT (minus the last season of course), I have absolutely zero interest in ever watching this show.

To do a spin-off you have to do something a lot different from the original, like a Better Call Saul or Frasier, this just seems like the EXACT same formula as GOT.

ArbitraryWater
09-14-2022, 08:12 PM
Even as someone who enjoyed GOT (minus the last season of course), I have absolutely zero interest in ever watching this show.

To do a spin-off you have to do something a lot different from the original, like a Better Call Saul or Frasier, this just seems like the EXACT same formula as GOT.

yea

highwhey
09-14-2022, 09:33 PM

it is the same formula. it's a cash grab. HBO saw that there was a huge void in fantasy drama (as did amazon) and decided to cash in on it. they have a jon snow show coming out as well. amazon spent like one billion on the lord of rings spinoff lol.

it's entertaining though, so much trash on tv this is actually decent.

Patrick Chewing
09-14-2022, 10:26 PM
This is why a show like The Boys is the best thing on TV right now.

highwhey
09-14-2022, 10:33 PM

IT'S UP THERE FOR SURE.

SEVERANCE is up there right with it.

Nanners
09-15-2022, 03:36 AM

Funny that Amazon is putting out some of the best TV content right now (The Boys, Terminal list, and a few years back they made literally the greatest show ever made - "Patriot") and at the same time they are also producing one of the worst shows ever created in Rings of Power.

Patrick Chewing
09-15-2022, 10:53 AM
Just got done with Episode 4 and this is virtually the same plot as the first few seasons of GOT. The power struggle and back-stabbing to get to the Iron Throne.

One word: BORING

Patrick Chewing
09-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Funny that Amazon is putting out some of the best TV content right now (The Boys, Terminal list, and a few years back they made literally the greatest show ever made - "Patriot") and at the same time they are also producing one of the worst shows ever created in Rings of Power.

Yeah I will not watch Rings of Power for a while until the hoopla dies down. As a huge fan of the LOTR films and Hobbit films, I can't imagine how much shit this series will be in comparison with all the wokeness.

Nanners
09-15-2022, 11:50 AM
Yeah I will not watch Rings of Power for a while until the hoopla dies down. As a huge fan of the LOTR films and Hobbit films, I can't imagine how much shit this series will be in comparison with all the wokeness.

i was with you up until you said you were a huge fan of the hobbit films... then I overdosed on cringe

Patrick Chewing
09-15-2022, 11:54 AM
i was with you up until you said you were a huge fan of the hobbit films... then I overdosed on cringe

https://media4.giphy.com/media/gmQNYr9nnbXxu/200.gif

Nanners
09-15-2022, 11:59 AM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/gmQNYr9nnbXxu/200.gif

:oldlol:

that gif is a perfect representation of how I look at people who liked the hobbit films

Patrick Chewing
09-15-2022, 12:01 PM
:oldlol:

that gif is a perfect representation of how I look at people who liked the hobbit films

That's weird. I thought they were very good for the most part. Smaug being the best character.

Nanners
09-15-2022, 12:03 PM
That's weird. I thought they were very good for the most part. Smaug being the best character.

jesus tapdancing christ... please tell me this is a troll, because I cant tell

Patrick Chewing
09-15-2022, 12:13 PM
jesus tapdancing christ... please tell me this is a troll, because I cant tell

The romance between the elf girl and the dwarf was captivating too.

Nanners
09-15-2022, 12:33 PM
The romance between the elf girl and the dwarf was captivating too.

youre hurting me now....

Long Duck Dong
09-15-2022, 02:16 PM
Back in the day(early-mid 2000s), I could watch just about any scifi/horror/fantasy movie or TV series, no matter how low budget or cheesy. I'd eat it all up. Hell, I used to watch Angel reruns(Couldn't stand Buffy though) after my nightly jog almost every night. :oldlol:

Now there are so many options to choose from with streaming media I, like most people, have become a LOT more discriminatory. Even so, I don't know why there are not even more of this genre being pushed out, they do so well compared to drama, comedy and reality shows. If I was a new actor or one who's career is starting to spiral downward I'd insist my agent get me in the horror/scifi/fantasy game. That's where the money and popularity is at

highwhey
10-03-2022, 12:50 AM
this show has gotten better every episode.

Lee
10-10-2022, 04:42 PM
:applause:

Patrick Chewing
10-10-2022, 05:14 PM
this show has gotten better every episode.

Your girl is already gone after 4 episodes. This show is weird. Just when I was about to join you in lusting after her, we have another basic bitch taking her place.

Long Duck Dong
10-13-2022, 12:08 PM

Just the films or the books too? They are responsible for the blueprint of Dungeons and Dragons. You don't even have to be super creative in creating a new fantasy realm these days. Dungeons and Dragons has hundreds, if not thousands of creatures to choose from as characters and thousands of quest manuals to build a screenplay around.

I have my dad's old D&D manuals. You could spend weeks going over them all.

highwhey
10-13-2022, 03:37 PM
Your girl is already gone after 4 episodes. This show is weird. Just when I was about to join you in lusting after her, we have another basic bitch taking her place.

the show has gotten better even despite that

rawimpact
10-14-2022, 08:34 AM
The actor playing the king did an amazing job. Not sure if they used CGI to make him look that frail but that was an amazing scene.

Chick Stern
10-14-2022, 03:43 PM
I just watched a free preview of the first episode. Pretty good.

highwhey
10-15-2022, 02:04 AM
The actor playing the king did an amazing job. Not sure if they used CGI to make him look that frail but that was an amazing scene.

yes, it was

highwhey
10-16-2022, 11:20 PM
SPOILER ALERT

holy sheit this episode was funfvckingtastic....everything from the foot fetish, to helena predicting what would happen, the build up to the crowning then ofc the ****ing dragon busting out beneath the keep to terrify everyone LMAO

Pitbull
10-16-2022, 11:22 PM
I personally find it boring, and not liking it. Sopranos, Breaking Bad are more of my taste.

Kblaze8855
10-26-2022, 11:44 AM
I’m enjoying it even though I already know the story. Even if I had not read the books Joffrey tells you how it ends in game of thrones. They are setting it up well though. Oddly it feels both like they’re taking their time…and rushing. They could have done a whole season with the young actors and fleshed out are he relationships but I’m also impressed a show about a war had the patience to spend a whole season without war.

highwhey
10-26-2022, 11:47 AM
I’m enjoying it even though I already know the story. Even if I had not read the books Joffrey tells you how it ends in game of thrones. They are setting it up well though. Oddly it feels both like they’re taking their time…and rushing. They could have done a whole season with the young actors and fleshed out are he relationships but I’m also impressed a show about a war had the patience to spend a whole season without war.

that's a good way of putting it. apparently HBO was pushing for war right away but they compromised on fleshing out some of the characters to give backstory and sell the audience on the characters. but based on how season 1 ends, looks like season 2 will catapult us into a war.

Nanners
11-02-2022, 05:24 AM
Just the films or the books too? They are responsible for the blueprint of Dungeons and Dragons. You don't even have to be super creative in creating a new fantasy realm these days. Dungeons and Dragons has hundreds, if not thousands of creatures to choose from as characters and thousands of quest manuals to build a screenplay around.

I have my dad's old D&D manuals. You could spend weeks going over them all.

From what I have seen (I only watched the first two), the Hobbit films are TERRIBLE.

That said, The Hobbit is an amazing book. It was one of the first books I can remember reading from cover to cover, and IMO its one of the greatest fiction books of all time for young people.

Anyway there was really only one hobbit book... so when you say "books", I assume you're referring to the LOTR books as well? For the record, I think the LOTR films are one of the best trilogies ever made, and comparing them to the Hobbit films is like comparing the first Lucas Star Wars trilogy to the Disney trilogy.