PDA

View Full Version : Why the f*ck haven't we gone back to the Moon?

Doomsday Dallas
09-17-2022, 02:57 PM
Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin were the first of 12 human beings to walk on the Moon. Four of America's moonwalkers are still alive: Aldrin (Apollo 11), David Scott (Apollo 15), Charles Duke (Apollo 16), and Harrison Schmitt (Apollo 17).

In all, 24 American astronauts made the trip from Earth to the Moon between 1968 and 1972. Three astronauts made the journey from Earth to the Moon twice: James Lovell (Apollo 8 and Apollo 13), John Young (Apollo 10 and Apollo 16), and Gene Cernan (Apollo 10 and Apollo 17).

Who Walked on the Moon?

Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)–Apollo 11
Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin (1930-)–Apollo 11
Charles "Pete" Conrad (1930-1999)–Apollo 12
Alan Bean (1932-2018)–Apollo 12
Alan B. Shepard Jr. (1923-1998)–Apollo 14
Edgar D. Mitchell (1930-2016)–Apollo 14
David R. Scott (1932-)–Apollo 15
James B. Irwin (1930-1991)–Apollo 15
John W. Young (1930-2018)–Apollo 10 (orbital), Apollo 16 (landing)
Charles M. Duke (1935-)–Apollo 16
Eugene Cernan (1934-2017)–Apollo 10 (orbital), Apollo 17 (landing)
Harrison H. Schmitt (1935-)–Apollo 17

Is America the only country to have landed on the moon?

Yes, America is the only country to have manned missions land on the moon. They completed a total of six missions from 1969 to 1972, with a total of 12 astronauts walking on the lunar surface.

50 years.... and we haven't done $hit since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC9x-pzd75Q

Patrick Chewing
09-17-2022, 03:06 PM
And the more the years go by, the more it becomes obvious that we never landed there or had the capabilities to land there. Have we flown around it...sure I guess. But at the height of NASA which was 80's and 90's, you're telling me we couldn't go back there? Bullshit. Where's the flag? We can pretty much look at telescopic images of the moon's surface, so where's the flag they planted? It should still be there all these years later.

Unless we're being threatened by the Soviets or China, or unless we made a secret deal with them to never return, the fact that we've never gone back is extremely suspicious.

RicardoTubbs
09-17-2022, 03:19 PM
And the more the years go by, the more it becomes obvious that we never landed there or had the capabilities to land there. Have we flown around it...sure I guess. But at the height of NASA which was 80's and 90's, you're telling me we couldn't go back there? Bullshit. Where's the flag? We can pretty much look at telescopic images of the moon's surface, so where's the flag they planted? It should still be there all these years later.

Unless we're being threatened by the Soviets or China, or unless we made a secret deal with them to never return, the fact that we've never gone back is extremely suspicious.

It took 52 years from the first dive to the Challenger Deep until the next one was completed by James Cameron in 2012. And that's on our own planet.

FultzNationRISE
09-17-2022, 03:43 PM

Well a flag would apparently deteriorate quite rapidly in that kind of high radiation environment, BUT... I agree with the general sentiment that something is definitely amiss with the overall narrative.

baudkarma
09-17-2022, 04:19 PM
What will another manned moon expedition learn that we don't already know? NASA has many other projects... the space station, Mars rovers, space telescopes, just to name a few... that are teaching us much more about the universe then we could possibly learn with another moon landing.

Off the Court
09-17-2022, 04:32 PM
This again.

NASA has plans to land in 2025. China has even bigger plans and is trying to set up a moon base. They want to mine minerals on the moon. Titanium and some other minerals.

Humans haven't been since those original missions simply because there hasn't been a good reason to.

Off the Court
09-17-2022, 04:33 PM
Well a flag would apparently deteriorate quite rapidly in that kind of high radiation environment, BUT... I agree with the general sentiment that something is definitely amiss with the overall narrative.

China developed and planted a flag on the moon that can withstand the radiation.

Patrick Chewing
09-17-2022, 04:53 PM
The "there hasn't been a good reason to" excuse makes no goddamn sense after 50 years. Maybe after 10 years. But with the advancements in technology, uhhhh you would think we could learn more from the moon with humans on the ground. I'm not saying the landing never happened, but the decision to not go back after all these years does raise suspicions. That's not even an official quote or reason from NASA that there is no other good reason to go back.

Off the Court
09-17-2022, 05:07 PM
The "there hasn't been a good reason to" excuse makes no goddamn sense after 50 years. Maybe after 10 years. But with the advancements in technology, uhhhh you would think we could learn more from the moon with humans on the ground. I'm not saying the landing never happened, but the decision to not go back after all these years does raise suspicions. That's not even an official quote or reason from NASA that there is no other good reason to go back.
Why would we think that? What can humans do that lunar rovers can't?

PerkinsFor3
09-17-2022, 05:26 PM
"Why cant we zoom in on a flag?!" 🤭

FultzNationRISE
09-17-2022, 05:32 PM
Why would we think that? What can humans do that lunar rovers can't?

Why are NASA and China planning to set up a moonbase currently?

Off the Court
09-17-2022, 05:40 PM
"Why cant we zoom in on a flag?!" 🤭

You can bounce a laser off it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmVxSFnjYCA

Off the Court
09-17-2022, 05:42 PM
Why are NASA and China planning to set up a moonbase currently?

China wants to mine. I think the only practical reason to want humans on the moon is to use the moon as a launch site to Mars and other places. It doesn't take much to launch off the moon in comparison to the Earth.

bladefd
09-17-2022, 07:25 PM

We have not gone back because people are too shortsighted. Politicians/Congress ultimately approve NASA plans and budgets. Too often the thought process becomes "Why should we spend up there when we have issues down here?" There was also the expensive Vietnam War going on and the Cold War so the moon was put on the back-burner.

OTC was also right that we didn't have a good reason for going back. We didn't have the technology or resources or desire to establish a moon base or mine & bring back minerals. Mars was also out of reach with our 70s tech. So why go back to the moon just for the sake of going back? The resources were diverted to building the ISS (and maintenance) and the Space Shuttle program, which was very costly.

The rockets also took a step back. The Saturn V was retired, and no other rockets in the world were powerful enough to take us to Mars. We also forgot how to build the Saturn V rocket after setting it aside for a couple decades. Schematics were lost, the scientists who worked on it were retired or dead. NASA had to build a brand new rocket if there was any way of returning to the moon. George W Bush pushed for return to the moon in 2000s, and NASA decided to begin work on building a rocket powerful enough. However, it was too expensive, years behind schedule, and canceled. That brings us to the SLS, which has been in the works since 2011 & took over from the canceled Bush program. SLS is cheaper because it is a joint program with different groups contributing to different parts including European Space Agency & private companies.

We are going back soon in couple years with the SLS! (assuming it doesn't get canceled by then because it is technically way over budget & delayed so many times)

bladefd
09-17-2022, 07:29 PM
China wants to mine. I think the only practical reason to want humans on the moon is to use the moon as a launch site to Mars and other places. It doesn't take much to launch off the moon in comparison to the Earth.

And for hydrogen ions, which the moon has plenty of.

iamgine
09-17-2022, 09:05 PM

lol if the US never landed on the moon, you think other countries would just let the US get away with it? :lol

Bimbo Coles
09-17-2022, 09:06 PM
Nixon called the moon from the white house. Yep.

warriorfan
09-17-2022, 10:05 PM
This again.

NASA has plans to land in 2025. China has even bigger plans and is trying to set up a moon base. They want to mine minerals on the moon. Titanium and some other minerals.

Humans haven't been since those original missions simply because there hasn't been a good reason to.

bookmarked

SATAN
09-17-2022, 11:03 PM
What's the reason to go back?

It costs tons of money and there isn't much up there. What the **** is wrong with some of you people?

Axe
09-17-2022, 11:18 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HCm6gRHINqA

Nanners
09-18-2022, 05:14 AM
We cant go back without stanley kubrick... who else in hollywood is capable of filling his role? jj abrams? :oldlol:

Doomsday Dallas
09-18-2022, 11:29 AM
https://blog.gramener.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/but-why.gif

SATAN
09-18-2022, 11:30 AM

Pay for it.

Patrick Chewing
09-18-2022, 12:52 PM

I think a little storming of NASA headquarters is in order so we can find out the truth. Find out what they're hiding. Find out what they aren't telling us.

SATAN
09-18-2022, 01:23 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/AkGkRjb68MUHS/giphy.gif

:biggums::biggums::biggums:

Nanners
09-18-2022, 01:46 PM

We forgot how. Havent you ever sat in a car from the 1960s? Technology was very complicated back then, and on top of that we also accidentally deleted all the schematics and all the flight data for those moon landings (and dont bother asking any of the people who were involved in those launches and are still alive today!)

Bill Gates
09-18-2022, 06:28 PM
We forgot how. Havent you ever sat in a car from the 1960s? Technology was very complicated back then, and on top of that we also accidentally deleted all the schematics and all the flight data for those moon landings (and dont bother asking any of the people who were involved in those launches and are still alive today!)

This is actually an apt comparison as the current generation can't drive stick shift.

And that is a simple road car that millions could operate instead of a spaceship that only a handful of people could operate.

They didn't even have to say that the old tech is now lost on them either. So if there was some grand conspiracy that all of NASA is in on went would they do that?

You have a science degree right? Use logic and probability, it works better than tin foil does.

Nanners
09-18-2022, 06:43 PM
This is actually an apt comparison as the current generation can't drive stick shift.

And that is a simple road car that millions could operate instead of a spaceship that only a handful of people could operate.

They didn't even have to say that the old tech is now lost on them either. So if there was some grand conspiracy that all of NASA is in on went would they do that?

You have a science degree right? Use logic and probability, it works better than tin foil does.

Except its a terrible comparison, because not only are many members of the current generation able to drive stick (ive taught a couple of them personally), but a lot of the past generation is able to do it too.

Theres nothing special about the old rockets and crew modules that made it easy for men of the '60s/70s to pilot and impossible for men of the '20s to pilot. Look at the most advanced airplanes from the late 60s, they are easy as shit to pilot now. Look at the most advanced autmobiles from the late 60s, they are hilariously outdated by modern standards. Back in the 60s, the most advanced cars on the market had 3 speed automatics and carburetors...

Anyway, very little actual "piloting" would be required on any modern moon mission, most of the flight would be computerized or controlled remotely.

I do in indeed have a science degree... perhaps that is why I know that logic and probability both suggest that no man ever walked on the man

FultzNationRISE
09-18-2022, 06:45 PM

Yeah, after spending $500 million dollars on the space program in 1969, NASA developed the ability for humans to withstand deep space radiation. The biggest challenge of extra-orbital manned missions. You cant have humans traverse the deadly Van Allen belt without figuring this out.

And we did it but we never bothered to record how it was done.

And in 2022, with exponentially more scientists, technology, and money we still cant figure out how to actually do it.

But it happened before and Im positive it happened because reasons.

:ohwell:

Atlantis
09-20-2022, 08:31 PM
We haven't launched space probes to the outer solar system for more than 40 years either (Voyager and Pioneer), which took photographs of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Therefore, we can conclude that the technology to reach these outer planets with pinpoint accuracy could not have existed 40 years ago since we aren't continuously repeating what was accomplished X years ago.

Nobody says this.

Nobody disputes that unmanned space probes really flew by the outer planets.

So why do people deny the moon landings?

Because they can't differentiate between a low probability event (humans getting to the Moon but then not returning for decades) which is about let's say 20% chance, and the Moon landing being a hoax which is like a 0.01% chance.

Bimbo Coles
09-21-2022, 04:55 AM
We cant go back without stanley kubrick... who else in hollywood is capable of filling his role? jj abrams? :oldlol: Jaja. The gag...

"Our last chance to go back to the moon was in 1999"

"Why?"

"Kubrick"

Bimbo Coles
09-21-2022, 05:08 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HCm6gRHINqA If you're going to go with a shitty pop song, at least go for the version with a cutish tech punk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5zcfhrBR3I

Bimbo Coles
09-21-2022, 05:30 AM
I think a little storming of NASA headquarters is in order so we can find out the truth. Find out what they're hiding. Find out what they aren't telling us. Never Actually Sent Anyone. NASA was created to sell clothing.

Nixon calling the moon is underrated AF.

Patrick Chewing
09-21-2022, 10:43 AM
Never Actually Sent Anyone. NASA was created to sell clothing.

Nixon calling the moon is underrated AF.

What is real anymore??

Axe
09-21-2022, 12:17 PM
If you're going to go with a shitty pop song, at least go for the version with a cutish tech punk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5zcfhrBR3I
Didn't care if it was a shitty song or not. All i know is that it's related to the topic so i shared it anyway. :confusedshrug:

SATAN
09-21-2022, 01:06 PM
What is real anymore??

The Knicks being a losing franchise for a very, very long time.

warriorfan
09-21-2022, 08:53 PM
the mooners are getting really hysterical about this :lol

interesting

KNOW1EDGE
09-21-2022, 09:46 PM
There has been no reason to go.

Overdrive
09-22-2022, 06:34 AM
The moon doesn't even exist. It's a spacecraft created to put fear of werewolves into people.

highwhey
09-22-2022, 05:37 PM
the cacs have been too busy with pedophelia and domestic terrorism.

Patrick Chewing
09-22-2022, 05:59 PM
the cacs have been too busy with pedophelia and domestic terrorism.

Only cacs get to go to the moon? Don't sell your people short. Que desgracia.

highwhey
09-22-2022, 06:50 PM
Only cacs get to go to the moon? Don't sell your people short. Que desgracia.

never said that, but the cacs have the money required to go to the moon...when they're not spending it on funding uprisings in south america and trillions of dollars to track and kill some goat herders in the middle east.