PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think is the bigger choker out of CP3 and Harden?

coastalmarker99
09-17-2022, 09:53 PM
This is an incredibly tough question to answer.

Harden has beat CP3 in the playoffs twice but his performances in big games are just terrible.

While on the other hand, CP3 has blown five 2-0 series leads in the playoffs while disappearing when his teams have needed him the most.

Examples include him scoring just 4 points in the final 3 quarters in a deciding game 7 at home against the Jazz.

And just scoring one point in a game seven at home through three and a half quarters before he stat padded.

MrFonzworth
09-17-2022, 09:57 PM
Harden but both are disgusting players

bison
09-17-2022, 10:08 PM
Hardens performance in the 2012 nba finals would be a prelude to his long career of playoff no shows. Cp3 just seems like an unfortunate victim of circumstance, whether through injuries or crappy rosters. He’s always had heart in big games so I don’t know why he’s being compared to harden.

SouBeachTalents
09-17-2022, 11:09 PM
13 years into his career, can anyone name a single notable playoff moment or performance that Harden's had? The only one I can think of is the dagger 3 he hit in Game 5 of the 2012 WCF while on OKC. Outside of that? I literally can't think of another one.

I've said it before, but I honestly believe Harden's the worst superstar playoff performer in league history. Sure, you could argue Malone, Robinson, Ewing, but I'd still rank Harden below all of them and anybody else.

Almost any time he has a great playoff performance, it's either early in the playoffs or early in the series. Almost without fail, the further a series goes or the further his team advances in the playoffs, the worse Harden gets. His list of playoff failures is honestly remarkable.

Just for emphasis on how uniquely terrible Harden is in the playoffs, here's how he stacks up to his contemporaries.

Playoff games shooting under 20% (minimum 10 attempts)

LeBron: 1
Curry: 1
Durant: 0
Kawhi: 0
Westbrook: 1

Harden: 9

Sportal
09-17-2022, 11:22 PM
The most memorable Rockets playoff moment for me when Harden was there... Was when Lillard hit that 3 to dump them out of the playoffs. But realistically, it's cp3.

Proctor
09-18-2022, 12:21 AM
Both are losers and will never win anything

coastalmarker99
09-18-2022, 03:28 AM
13 years into his career, can anyone name a single notable playoff moment or performance that Harden's had? The only one I can think of is the dagger 3 he hit in Game 5 of the 2012 WCF while on OKC. Outside of that? I literally can't think of another one.

I've said it before, but I honestly believe Harden's the worst superstar playoff performer in league history. Sure, you could argue Malone, Robinson, Ewing, but I'd still rank Harden below all of them and anybody else.

Almost any time he has a great playoff performance, it's either early in the playoffs or early in the series. Almost without fail, the further a series goes or the further his team advances in the playoffs, the worse Harden gets. His list of playoff failures is honestly remarkable.

Just for emphasis on how uniquely terrible Harden is in the playoffs, here's how he stacks up to his contemporaries.

Playoff games shooting under 20% (minimum 10 attempts)

LeBron: 1
Curry: 1
Durant: 0
Kawhi: 0
Westbrook: 1

Harden: 9

Cp3 in the post season

10 blown playoff leads

7 losses with HCA

5 blown 2-0 leads

3 missed playoffs

1 blown 3-1 lead

FKAri
09-18-2022, 03:41 PM
Their choking is overblown. Their styles are just less effective when defenses are allowed to be more physical. That being said, the answer is Harden.

SouBeachTalents
09-18-2022, 04:08 PM
Cp3 in the post season

10 blown playoff leads

7 losses with HCA

5 blown 2-0 leads

3 missed playoffs

1 blown 3-1 lead
These are all team results. I guarantee if someone brought up Wilt's record against Boston, or in Game 7's, or in the Finals, you'd make every excuse in the book for why Wilt shouldn't be blamed :lol I didn't even mention Harden's team results, like how he has zero rings or hasn't made the Finals in 10 years.

You can criticize CP3's individual play in some of his losses, imo his Game 4 in the Finals was the biggest choke of his career. But I feel like more often than not, CP3's level of play stays more consistent to his regular season level in the playoffs than Harden's does.

Full Court
09-18-2022, 10:21 PM
Paul brings a lot more to the game than just scoring, so there's more context than just "only scored 4 in three quarters." Harden's always been the main scorer o his team, so it's much more egregious when he fall flat scoring-wise.

Harden's definitely the bigger choker.