PDA

View Full Version : Pippen downplays Jordan's 'Flu Game,' says his back injury in 1998 Finals was worse

Lebron23
09-25-2022, 04:57 AM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/scottie-pippen-downplays-michael-jordans-flu-game-says-his-back-injury-in-1998-nba-finals-was-worse/

https://image-cdn.hypb.st/https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2021%2F11%2F scottie-pippen-unguarded-memoir-michael-jordan-ruined-game-of-basketball-criticism-tw.jpg?w=960&cbr=1&q=90&fit=max

Scottie Pippen downplays Michael Jordan's 'Flu Game,' says his back injury in 1998 NBA Finals was worse
The Bulls legends have been at odds since the release of 'The Last Dance,' a 10-part docuseries on the Bulls' final title run

By Wajih AlBaroudi

A Chicago Bulls legend who battled through health issues to help win an NBA Finals game criticized his former teammate on Monday, but the players' roles in that scenario aren't the first to come to mind. Scottie Pippen downplayed Michael Jordan's "Flu Game" during the 1997 NBA Finals, adding his own ability to play through a back injury in Game 6 of the following year's Finals was more impressive.

Pippen, a Hall of Famer and member of the NBA's 75th Anniversary team, made the comparison while promoting his new memoir "Unguarded" in a SiriusXM Town Hall. The six-time NBA champion told Frank Isola his back injury was severe enough to hold him out of a potential Game 7 against the Utah Jazz in '98. The Bulls' Game 6 victory, though, clinched the series.

"I was done, pretty much," Pippen said. "I mean -- I struggled to pull it through in that game and I suffered from it, still suffering from it but I wouldn't have played in a Game 7, I just wasn't able to go. I knew on Saturday that I probably had one game left in me, and the start of that game I got a dunk early in the game and got banged a little by [Karl] Malone. That really put me back on my heels throughout that whole game, where I was running back to the locker room, [to get] cortisone, whatever kind of medication I could get in me, heat pack, whatever to try to carry on. I definitely was not able to play a Game 7."

Isola asked Pippen whether his Game 6 return wasn't talked about enough, and Pippen responded "Well, I don't see many bad back games, but I do see flu games." Pippen then added a flippant "come on" to throw extra fuel into the fiery rivalry he's built with Jordan, who played Game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals with a stomach virus or food poisoning.

Pippen has taken several public shots toward Jordan since the release of "The Last Dance," a 10-part docuseries on the Bulls' final title run. In "Unguarded," Pippen claimed Jordan "demeaned" and "disrespected" his former teammates to protect his "precious brand." Pippen also wrote Jordan's sudden decision to retire in 1993 was "selfish" and prevented the Bulls from acquiring quality free agents.

"I think he's always separated himself a little bit from what I consider the traditional team concept, in some sense," Pippen told the New York Times. "And I think 'The Last Dance' just put the icing on the cake. So it was all about him at the end of the day."

"Unguarded" was released worldwide on Tuesday.

Spurs m8
09-25-2022, 05:27 AM
You are still 5'6

TheGoatest
09-25-2022, 05:31 AM
The so-called flu game was one of the biggest theatrical frauds that took place on an NBA court.
jordon could run around the court just fine, but as soon as the buzzer sounds, he suddenly needs to be carried off the court?

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/3LIIMxCeTjey2oj12IvrtBAF1-Y=/0x0:996x1200/1400x1050/filters:focal(472x114:630x272):format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/55197495/DCDSj4RXkAAllaZ.0.jpg

:oldlol: Give me a motherfreakin break.

pandiani17
09-25-2022, 06:28 AM
It seems that he is making those comments out of bitterness.

TheMan
09-25-2022, 06:57 AM
It seems that he is making those comments out of bitterness.

I agree, Goatits is a very bitter, pathetic little son of a whore, always trying throw shade at the GOAT...oh you meant Pippen? Yeah, he does come off a pretty bitter...he's also trying to sell a book, must really need the money.

ArbitraryWater
09-25-2022, 08:09 AM
Pip is right but he's always feeling some type of way

Full Court
09-25-2022, 09:04 AM
Pippen's just turned into a bitter old man. It's kind of sad. If it weren't for Jordan, he wouldn't have a single ring.

TheGoatest
09-25-2022, 09:18 AM
I agree, Goatits is a very bitter, pathetic little son of a whore, always trying throw shade at the GOAT...oh you meant Pippen? Yeah, he does come off a pretty bitter...he's also trying to sell a book, must really need the money.

Live rent free in your brain: Achievement Unlocked
Not that there is a lot of real estate in there. :roll:

1987_Lakers
09-25-2022, 10:07 AM

Calling someone else bitter while making this bitter post. lol

TheMan
09-25-2022, 12:45 PM

Comedic effect

Full Court
09-25-2022, 08:26 PM

Labeling a post as bitter just because it calls someone else bitter comes off as a little bitter, to be honest.

1987_Lakers
09-25-2022, 08:29 PM
Labeling a post as bitter just because it calls someone else bitter comes off as a little bitter, to be honest.

Labeling a post as bitter just because it calls another post bitter because he called someone else bitter comes off as a little bitter, to be honest.

Lebron23
09-25-2022, 09:32 PM
You are still 5'6

Get Jordan's dick out of your butt. I have a bigger Dick than you and MJ anyway.

Baller789
09-26-2022, 01:18 AM
Get Jordan's dick out of your butt. I have a bigger Dick than you and MJ anyway.

Are you 5'6?

Spurs m8
09-26-2022, 01:26 AM

I'd say MJ has a bigger c0ck than me, because he's black.

You are Asian....so you don't have a bigger c0ck than me

1987_Lakers
09-26-2022, 01:28 AM

:roll:

Gohan
09-26-2022, 07:57 AM
No matter what you do youre going to have haters whether its kobe, jordan, lebron, or iverson. People gonna hate you no matter what you do. Something you just have to deal with

guy
09-26-2022, 09:59 AM
Pippen and anyone else are idiots if they don’t understand the difference here.

97 bulls
09-26-2022, 10:09 AM
Pippen and anyone else are idiots if they don’t understand the difference here.

I'll bite. What's the difference? Do you think Jordan had it tougher?

Full Court
09-26-2022, 11:27 AM
Are you 5'6?

He's posted videos in another thread. There's no way he's 5'6. 5'4 at best. The basketball is almost as big as he is.

guy
09-26-2022, 11:37 AM
I'll bite. What's the difference? Do you think Jordan had it tougher?

Jordan actually had an all-time great performance and was by far still the best player in the game. He didn't put up substantially lower production then his averages while his teammate carried the offense scoring more than half the team's points and hitting the series clincher. His performance is deservingly much more celebrated then Pippen's.

97 bulls
09-26-2022, 12:17 PM
Jordan actually had an all-time great performance and was by far still the best player in the game. He didn't put up substantially lower production then his averages while his teammate carried the offense scoring more than half the team's points and hitting the series clincher. His performance is deservingly much more celebrated then Pippen's.

I see. But one man had a cold, while the other had a back injury. I've had both. I've went to work with the flu, I've been out of work for a month with a back injury. I had a hard time going to the rest room with a back injury, much less play basketball.

I mean look at Willis Reed. His gutsy performance is revered (as it should) and Pippen played better than he did. But Pippens back injury is extremely underappreciated.

guy
09-26-2022, 12:32 PM
I see. But one man had a cold, while the other had a back injury. I've had both. I've went to work with the flu, I've been out of work for a month with a back injury. I had a hard time going to the rest room with a back injury, much less play basketball.

I mean look at Willis Reed. His gutsy performance is revered (as it should) and Pippen played better than he did. But Pippens back injury is extremely underappreciated.

I'm not arguing one's harder then the other. That's not the point. He gets alot of credit for showing up and providing some inspiration and floor level of production, but thats not the same as being either being injured or sick and actually having an ATG performance at the same time. Its not rocket science to see the difference. And I'm sure Pippen knew this when making the comment.

Willis Reed's performance gets overdramatized because he had this dramatic entrance, it was home, it was in NYC/MSG and was the Knicks first championship. He was also having an ATG series until the point he got hurt.

A cold? Okay :oldlol: Your sarcasm doesn't help your argument.

Axe
09-26-2022, 12:36 PM
:yaohappy:

3ba11
09-26-2022, 12:49 PM
Career Finals

MJ.............. 34 on 48%
Lebron........ 28 on 49%
Kyrie........... 28 on 47%
AD............... 25 on 55%
Pippen........ 19 on 42%

^^^ One of them doesn't belong.... :confusedshrug:

There are zero examples of Pippen playing above an Iggy or Wiggins caliber........ in his entire career!!!!

So the historical record proves that he was an Iggy or Wiggins-caliber performer that the winning spotlight inflated to all-time status

97 bulls
09-26-2022, 12:55 PM
I'm not arguing one's harder then the other. That's not the point. He gets alot of credit for showing up and providing some inspiration and floor level of production, but thats not the same as being either being injured or sick and actually having an ATG performance at the same time. Its not rocket science to see the difference. And I'm sure Pippen knew this when making the comment.

Willis Reed's performance gets overdramatized because he had this dramatic entrance, it was home, it was in NYC/MSG and was the Knicks first championship. He was also having an ATG series until the point he got hurt.

A cold? Okay :oldlol: Your sarcasm doesn't help your argument.

Lol. Yes a cold. The flu is a cold. A more extreme case. But a human can function just fine with the flu if need be. A bad back? It's hard to walk much less play basketball.

Jordan played great in that flu game. But I do think Pippen playing with that bad back, and making plays and having a great game for the minutes he played was more impressive.

3ba11
09-26-2022, 01:05 PM
Lol. Yes a cold. The flu is a cold. A more extreme case. But a human can function just fine with the flu if need be. A bad back? It's hard to walk much less play basketball.

Jordan played great in that flu game. But I do think Pippen playing with that bad back, and making plays and having a great game for the minutes he played was more impressive.

Pippen had 6 points in Game 5

8 points in Game 6

Only MJ is forced to win with that and then have everyone say he had great help... :facepalm:... Pippen is literally the most overrated player ever

97 bulls
09-26-2022, 01:24 PM
Pippen had 6 points in Game 5

8 points in Game 6

Only MJ is forced to win with that and then have everyone say he had great help... :facepalm:... Pippen is literally the most overrated player ever

And this is why you get the 1-9 logic. If If by your assertion, Jordan didn't have great help right? Then he should've been able to win with anybody then. Why didn't he win in 86? He'll forget winning the Championship, why didn't he win a game? Lol.

He had Charles Oakley, John Paxson, Kyle Macey would've been BJ Armstrong, Dave Corzine spells Cartwright or Longley, and Orlando Woolridge spells Pippen. Why didn't he get a win?

MadDogg
09-26-2022, 03:13 PM

You've definitely never dribbled a basketball lol. Playing a full-court game at that level is one thing. But with nausea, extreme fatigue & dehydration? To overcome that isn't only a mental hurdle. But a physically taxing one as well.

Why not just change your name to "97 scottie" :confusedshrug:

Overdrive
09-26-2022, 03:52 PM

I real flu, an influenza infection, will tie you to the bed, while a cold can be pretty harmless.

FultzNationRISE
09-26-2022, 04:00 PM
I real flu, an influenza infection, will tie you to the bed, while a cold can be pretty harmless.

That's true.

And if theres anyone who knows about being absolutely panic-stricken terrified of a simple virus... it's definitely you.

97 bulls
09-26-2022, 04:00 PM
You've definitely never dribbled a basketball lol. Playing a full-court game at that level is one thing. But with nausea, extreme fatigue & dehydration? To overcome that isn't only a mental hurdle. But a physically taxing one as well.

Why not just change your name to "97 scottie" :confusedshrug:

Lol. There's not one situation in which I'd take having to participate, in whch I'd take the flu over a back injury. Lol. Jordan took two years off because he was "challenged" enough. LOL. I've gone to work with the Flu. I couldn't work when I hurt my back.

MadDogg
09-26-2022, 04:38 PM
Lol. There's not one situation in which I'd take having to participate, in whch I'd take the flu over a back injury. Lol. Jordan took two years off because he was "challenged" enough. LOL. I've gone to work with the Flu. I couldn't work when I hurt my back.

What? :oldlol: In most cases you're stuck at home with a flu. Or as someone said, bed ridden. You're not playing full-court basketball lol much less performing well. Your example is freaking terrible. Idk what line of work you do. but if it doesn't require lifting or bending, a "bad back" isn't keeping me from doing my job.

Pippen had herniated discs, got surgery and had two of them removed in the off-season. Generally though you can take an over the counter pain reliever. It'll eventually heal on its own.

Full Court
09-26-2022, 04:39 PM
That's true.

And if theres anyone who knows about being absolutely panic-stricken terrified of a simple virus... it's definitely you.

Overdrive
09-26-2022, 04:42 PM

Yeah, if influenza isn't that serious Jordan's performance is nothing special and just tall tales.

97 bulls
09-26-2022, 06:36 PM
What? :oldlol: In most cases you're stuck at home with a flu. Or as someone said, bed ridden. You're not playing full-court basketball lol much less performing well. Your example is freaking terrible. Idk what line of work you do. but if it doesn't require lifting or bending, a "bad back" isn't keeping me from doing my job.

Pippen had herniated discs, got surgery and had two of them removed in the off-season. Generally though you can take an over the counter pain reliever. It'll eventually heal on its own.

Lol. So you're telling me you'd rather have a herniated disk as opposed as the flu? Lol you're nuts. You can take an OTC for the flu. Tylenol, Advil. And even MJ knows that the flu isn't the end all to be all, that's why he changed his story and said he ordered a pizza in tbr middle of the night and said he was poisoned.

And how responsible is it for MJ to be up at the wee hours of the morning, drinking and playing cards and ordering pizza before a big game. Why didn't anyone else get sick?

97 bulls
09-26-2022, 06:44 PM
Funny thing is, my 6 year old grand baby had food poisoning a few weeks ago, she had chills, and diarrhea, and the minute she vomited up what she ate, and took a few dumps, she was ready to play again. We had to make her stay in the house. Lol. And she's SIX.

MadDogg
09-26-2022, 08:17 PM
Lol. So you're telling me you'd rather have a herniated disk as opposed as the flu? Lol you're nuts. You can take an OTC for the flu. Tylenol, Advil. And even MJ knows that the flu isn't the end all to be all, that's why he changed his story and said he ordered a pizza in tbr middle of the night and said he was poisoned.

And how responsible is it for MJ to be up at the wee hours of the morning, drinking and playing cards and ordering pizza before a big game. Why didn't anyone else get sick?

Of course not. I wouldn't play in either depending on the severity. You tried to minimize the flu as some seasonal head cold, and its just not the case. No ordinary joe is playing 5 on 5 basketball with a high temp and major fatigue. Sorry buddy but come back to reality lol. Jordan was the exception, and unlike a regular person, he had medical staff and trainers on standby.

97 bulls
09-26-2022, 08:28 PM
Of course not. I wouldn't play in either depending on the severity. You tried to minimize the flu as some seasonal head cold, and its just not the case. No ordinary joe is playing 5 on 5 basketball with a high temp and major fatigue. Sorry buddy but come back to reality lol. Jordan was the exception, and unlike a regular person, he had medical staff and trainers on standby.

Lol. Bro. I can't belive we're having a conversation where the flu (which he didn't even have according to his trainer) is being compared to a back injury. SMDH.

If you had to performance an athletic endeavor, and to you to do said endeavor with either the flu or a herniated disc, which would you choose?

MadDogg
09-26-2022, 08:43 PM
Lol. Bro. I can't belive we're having a conversation where the flu (which he didn't even have according to his trainer) is being compared to a back injury. SMDH.

Not really even comparing the two. Your take on the flu is off. That's all. Whatever you wanna call it, Jordan had "flu-like" symptoms. Fatigue, nausea, temp, dehydration etc. The game has been played over and over again. All of this should be common knowledge. :confusedshrug:

If you had to performance an athletic endeavor, and to you to do said endeavor with either the flu or a herniated disc, which would you choose?

Answered that already. Neither. If by some bizarre scenario I were forced to, I would rather play with the flu. Pippen was tough for gutting it out in Game 6 so credit where its due. He wasn't all that impactful though. Matter of fact, he might as well not have even played lol.

Full Court
09-26-2022, 09:27 PM
Fact is, Jordan put on a masterful performance, flu or no flu. And even a cold can play with your head in an all-out physical even like that, and even though we don't know exactly how bad it really was or wasn't, Jordan showed he had heart. No excuses.

3ba11
09-26-2022, 09:57 PM
And this is why you get the 1-9 logic. If If by your assertion, Jordan didn't have great help right? Then he should've been able to win with anybody then. Why didn't he win in 86? He'll forget winning the Championship, why didn't he win a game? Lol.

He had Charles Oakley, John Paxson, Kyle Macey would've been BJ Armstrong, Dave Corzine spells Cartwright or Longley, and Orlando Woolridge spells Pippen. Why didn't he get a win?

Jordan didn't win in 86' because it takes time to build an organic champion from scratch - that was only his 2nd season (which he mostly missed).

Orlando Woolridge was actually a superior athletic talent than Pippen, so if Woolridge had 4 years to grow and build with prime Jordan like Pippen did and also play the 2-star format of the 90's (no super-team needed), then he would've won titles as well.. Anyone wins alongside Jordan in a 2-star vs 2-star format like the 90's..

Life is about luck and timing, so Woolridge was just unlucky that he didn't land alongside the MVP and DPOY like Pippen did.

Ultimately, any bum can be left unguarded in a dynasty system and average 16 on 40% in most of the big series like Pippen did (89' ECF, 90' ECF, 92' ECSF, 96' Finals, 98' ECF, 98' Finals).. And I don't want to hear about defense because truly great offensive players like Reggie Miller, Bird, Jordan or Curry will always have great defensive teams because their ability to carry the scoring load allows GM's to surround them with cheap defenders.

Johnny32
09-26-2022, 09:59 PM
The so-called flu game was one of the biggest theatrical frauds that took place on an NBA court.
jordon could run around the court just fine, but as soon as the buzzer sounds, he suddenly needs to be carried off the court?

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/3LIIMxCeTjey2oj12IvrtBAF1-Y=/0x0:996x1200/1400x1050/filters:focal(472x114:630x272):format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/55197495/DCDSj4RXkAAllaZ.0.jpg

lol is pippen laughing at the drama queen?

guy
09-26-2022, 10:30 PM

Don't act like a moron just for an argument. You don't get high temperatures, fatigue and vomiting from a cold.

There's varying degrees of both the flu and back issues, so unless you're that plugged in, which none of us here are, you're not really in a position to say what was harder to play with, which means you should probably just go off the performance itself. So are we just completely taking performance out of the equation? :oldlol: Playing hurt/sick is not as impressive if it was a forgettable actual performance, hurt/sick or not. By your logic, Anthony Davis trying to suit up game 6 vs the Suns last year and leaving within 1 minute is more impressive too. :oldlol:

Funny thing is, my 6 year old grand baby had food poisoning a few weeks ago, she had chills, and diarrhea, and the minute she vomited up what she ate, and took a few dumps, she was ready to play again. We had to make her stay in the house. Lol. And she's SIX.

What are you trying to argue here? That every single person in the world reacts to food poisoning/flu the same way i.e. how you're 6 year old reacted? Seriously? That's what you think? :oldlol:

97 bulls
09-26-2022, 10:34 PM
Jordan didn't win in 86' because it takes time to build an organic champion from scratch - that was only his 2nd season (which he mostly missed).

Orlando Woolridge was actually a superior athletic talent than Pippen, so if Woolridge had 4 years to grow and build with prime Jordan like Pippen did and also play the 2-star format of the 90's (no super-team needed), then he would've won titles as well.. Anyone wins alongside Jordan in a 2-star vs 2-star format like the 90's..

Life is about luck and timing, so Woolridge was just unlucky that he didn't land alongside the MVP and DPOY like Pippen did.

Ultimately, any bum can be left unguarded in a dynasty system and average 16 on 40% in most of the big series like Pippen did (89' ECF, 90' ECF, 92' ECSF, 96' Finals, 98' ECF, 98' Finals).. And I don't want to hear about defense because truly great offensive players like Reggie Miller, Bird, Jordan or Curry will always have great defensive teams because their ability to carry the scoring load allows GM's to surround them with cheap defenders.

Bro. He didn't win a game. Forget winning it all. Understand that you are the one making this absurd claim that Jordan won with bums. So what gives? Why couldn't he win one game with another set of bums? The math ain't mathing here.

TheMan
09-26-2022, 10:47 PM
If you keep yapping and dissing the GOAT, I'm gonna hunt you down and put you out like a mangy mutt

97 bulls
09-26-2022, 10:55 PM
Don't act like a moron just for an argument. You don't get high temperatures, fatigue and vomiting from a cold.
Google "cold symptoms" and see what comes up. Lol.

There's varying degrees of both the flu and back issues, so unless you're that plugged in, which none of us here are, you're not really in a position to say what was harder to play with, which means you should probably just go off the performance itself. So are we just completely taking performance out of the equation? :oldlol: Playing hurt/sick is not as impressive if it was a forgettable actual performance, hurt/sick or not. By your logic, Anthony Davis trying to suit up game 6 vs the Suns last year and leaving within 1 minute is more impressive too. :oldlol:
There's no situation where id take the flu (which Jordan didn't even have) over a back injury. You're an idiot. I would call you a Jordan homer but you jumped on Lebron James bandwagon when he went to Miami like a punk. (Not James, YOU)

Based on what I saw, it looked like both had extreme cases. Unless they're faking. Jordan had the better game, sure. But all he was was sick. And he got sick from drinking and smoking and partying all night. Lol. The story don't even make sense. 4 or 5 guys deliver a Pizza to Michael Jordan in the middle of the night. What did they put in it to make him that sick? Lol. Did they know he was gonna order that pizza? Why would security allow that many people up? Lol.

What are you trying to argue here? That every single person in the world reacts to food poisoning/flu the same way i.e. how you're 6 year old reacted? Seriously? That's what you think? :oldlol:
Im not all that impressed by Jordan playing with food poisoning. And he played it up too. He's falling all over the chair, moping around like a frigging zombie, having to have Pippen carry him off the court in his arms. Why stop there? Maybe he should've called his mommy too. SMDH

guy
09-26-2022, 11:22 PM
Google "cold symptoms" and see what comes up. Lol.

Don’t really care. I think we can agree that you don’t get those symptoms from your “average cold”. We don’t need google for that. I think we’ve both been alive long enough to understand the difference.

There's no situation where id take the flu (which Jordan didn't even have) over a back injury. You're an idiot. I would call you a Jordan homer but you jumped on Lebron James bandwagon when he went to Miami like a punk. (Not James, YOU)

The f*ck are you talking about moron? :oldlol: Any support I ever had for Lebron stopped the moment he made that move. Not sure where the **** you got that from.

You act like Pippen’s the first player to ever play with a bad back. He’s not. Guys like Larry Bird and Tracy McGrady literally played the last half of their careers with bad backs. Again, there’s varying degrees.

And even if Pippen did have it harder, by normal standards he had a bad game. By normal standards, Jordan had an ATG game still. There’s really no argument on what was more impressive.

97 bulls
09-26-2022, 11:34 PM
Don’t really care. I think we can agree that you don’t get those symptoms from your “average cold”. We don’t need google for that. I think we’ve both been alive long enough to understand the difference.

The f*ck are you talking about moron? :oldlol:Any support I ever had for Lebron stopped the moment he made that move. Not sure where the **** you got that from.
Lol. Thats a lie. You came on here as a Bulls fan and then jumped ship. You was even cheering for Miami over Chicago in 2011. I don't even know why I'm disagreeing with you. You'll more than likely be on my side sooner or later seeing as how you're so wishy-washy. Lol

And even if [B]Pippen did have it harder, by normal standards he had a bad game. By normal standards, Jordan had an ATG game still. There’s really no argument on what was more impressive.
You should've stopped right there.

guy
09-26-2022, 11:48 PM
Lol. Thats a lie. You came on here as a Bulls fan and then jumped ship. You was even cheering for Miami over Chicago in 2011. I don't even know why I'm disagreeing with you. You'll more than likely be on my side sooner or later seeing as how you're so wishy-washy. Lol

You should've stopped right there.

I think you’re thinking of “Indian Guy”, or you’re delusional.

2much_knowledge
09-27-2022, 12:15 AM
So Mj basically carried chicago in 98 and won the chip with an injured sidekick.... bravo sir

Spurs m8
09-27-2022, 01:56 AM
If you keep yapping and dissing the GOAT, I'm gonna hunt you down and put you out like a mangy mutt

His daily life is misery...as dumb as they come

TheGoatest
09-27-2022, 03:06 AM

Either laughing at his poor acting performance, or he's thinking about the Bulls' records jordon had in the 3 seasons prior to his arrival on the Bulls.

hold this L
09-27-2022, 03:09 AM
Pippen looks worse every time he talks shit about MJ. Even moreso since MJ doesn't even bother responding to it.

Baller789
09-27-2022, 04:36 AM
This argument of flu vs bad back is would have made more sense if Pip had a great game, but he didnt.

Pip looks like hes going into depression.

Spurs m8
09-27-2022, 04:47 AM
Pippen looks worse every time he talks shit about MJ. Even moreso since MJ doesn't even bother responding to it.

This

Over 2 decades on and Pippen and bron stans are melting like little b1tches

TheMan
09-27-2022, 09:48 AM
This

Over 2 decades on and Pippen and bron stans are melting like little b1tches

It's what they do best

97 bulls
09-27-2022, 10:26 AM

Actually, Pippen is responding to Jordan. Jordan made a 10 hour long mini series (the term mini being used loosely) about himself.

97 bulls
09-27-2022, 10:28 AM
So Mj basically carried chicago in 98 and won the chip with an injured sidekick.... bravo sir

Lol. MJ had 2 other Hall of Famers out there with him. And two Hall of Fame coaches on the sideline. As well as the best rebounder and 3pt shooter. He had plenty of help. And Pippen was having a great series before his back gave out on him.

97 bulls
09-27-2022, 10:33 AM
This argument of flu vs bad back is would have made more sense if Pip had a great game, but he didnt.

Pip looks like hes going into depression.

Lol. He was playing with a bad back you fool. And even then, he managed to put up 8pts, 3rbds, 4assts, 2stls, and 1blk, while shooting 57% from the field in 25 minutes.

Hey Yo
09-27-2022, 11:19 AM

Why would he respond to the facts? He wants that shit to stay under the rug it got swept under.

Axe
09-27-2022, 11:36 AM
Lol. He was playing with a bad back you fool. And even then, he managed to put up 8pts, 3rbds, 4assts, 2stls, and 1blk, while shooting 57% from the field in 25 minutes.
Lmao it's always funny how these casuals won't acknowledge the help jordan had bt. They were even capable of winning at least 55 games in the rs without him ffs.

RogueBorg
09-27-2022, 01:04 PM
They were even capable of winning at least 55 games in the rs without him ffs.

And didn't win the chip. Only losers think this is some kind of an accomplishment.

ShawkFactory
09-27-2022, 01:09 PM
And didn't win the chip. Only losers think this is some kind of an accomplishment.

What is it then? Has there been a team in history that has won a chip without their best player? Did you expect them to win the chip?

I'd say winning 55 games and taking the best team in the league to a really hard-fought seven game series is pretty impressive for a team without their top guy. Most reasonable people would probably agree.

TheMan
09-27-2022, 02:28 PM
What is it then? Has there been a team in history that has won a chip without their best player? Did you expect them to win the chip?

I'd say winning 55 games and taking the best team in the league to a really hard-fought seven game series is pretty impressive for a team without their top guy. Most reasonable people would probably agree.

The Knicks were the best team in the league? Huh? Sure they made the Finals but Houston won, remember? That makes the Rockets the best team in the league by definition :confusedshrug:

ShawkFactory
09-27-2022, 02:34 PM
The Knicks were the best team in the league? Huh? Sure they made the Finals but Houston won, remember? That makes the Rockets the best team in the league by definition :confusedshrug:

In the east then..

They were the #2 SRS team in basketball. A really good team. That Bulls took to 7 games and could have won.

I wouldn't call it an "accomplishment" per se. But it was impressive how well they played without Jordan. Again...most reasonable people would be likely to agree.

RogueBorg
09-27-2022, 02:35 PM

The goal is to win the championship, everything less is failing.

Have you ever heard Buffalo Bills fans bragging about losing 4 straight Super Bowls? It's failing.

RogueBorg
09-27-2022, 02:38 PM
In the east then..

They were the #2 SRS team in basketball. A really good team. That Bulls took to 7 games and could have won.

I wouldn't call it an "accomplishment" per se. But it was impressive how well they played without Jordan. Again...most reasonable people would be likely to agree.

Do you think that Bulls team was celebrating after the close out game?

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-losing-the-super-bowl-is-worse-than-death-you-have-to-get-up-the-next-morning-george-allen-132-6-0610.jpg

ShawkFactory
09-27-2022, 02:38 PM

Have you ever heard Buffalo Bills fans bragging about losing 4 straight Super Bowls? It's failing.

So there's no difference then between what they did and what the Mavericks did that year, is what you're saying?

ShawkFactory
09-27-2022, 02:48 PM

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-losing-the-super-bowl-is-worse-than-death-you-have-to-get-up-the-next-morning-george-allen-132-6-0610.jpg

No..nor did I say they should have been. You really aren't understanding this.

Hey Yo
09-27-2022, 02:52 PM

Would it had been better to miss the playoffs with zero chance to win the title?

Having a chance >>>>>> zero chance. Especially when the alleged GOAT was replaced by a 6th round pick, journeyman who hadn't played in the league for 2yrs.

ShawkFactory
09-27-2022, 03:11 PM
The whole "If you're not first you're last" mentality is so stupid for professional sports teams, particularly in the NBA. It completely ignores context and assumes that every situation with every team is equal. Obviously we know that this is not even close to true.

The 2018 Celtics lost Kyrie before the playoffs and then played their way through the east and took the Lebron Cavs to 7 games. We gonna say that they failed?

What about the 2022 Grizzlies? Ja took a leap to become a legit top 10 player and the won 20 more games than the previous season, greatly accelerating their ascension to contender status and looking really good for the future. They fought against the Warriors but succumbed once they lost Ja. We gonna call their season a failure?

Do we think the Mavericks will consider last season a failure, despite not being able to match up with the Warriors? Considering they knocked off the #1 seed...I doubt it.

The Hawks last season? Knocking off the #1 seed and playing the champs tough in the ECF despite being overmatched both times. No one considers that a failure.

What if the Magic come out this year, Paolo wins ROY and looks like a legit superstar, Franz takes the next step an becomes an all star level player, and they win 45 games but lose in 7 in the first round to Miami or whoever. Will we consider this scenario to be a failure for the Magic?

Use your head people.

97 bulls
09-27-2022, 03:14 PM

So. By your logic, Pippen has to be top 10. He won more than everyone in the consensus top10 other than Jordan and Russell.

8Ball
09-27-2022, 04:58 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/scottie-pippen-downplays-michael-jordans-flu-game-says-his-back-injury-in-1998-nba-finals-was-worse/

https://image-cdn.hypb.st/https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2021%2F11%2F scottie-pippen-unguarded-memoir-michael-jordan-ruined-game-of-basketball-criticism-tw.jpg?w=960&cbr=1&q=90&fit=max

This is correct.

Playing on a bad back is much easier than playing hung over.

Axe
09-27-2022, 05:15 PM
Losers? Wtf? So people who rooted for the bulls bt are losers because they got a good record despite the absence of their main guy? :confusedshrug:

LeGoat4Life
09-27-2022, 05:24 PM

Lebron had to be carried out cause no air condition :oldlol:

Baller789
09-27-2022, 10:12 PM

Did he have a great game?

97 bulls
09-27-2022, 10:30 PM
Did he have a great game?

Yes. Under the circumstances. If he plays a full game without injuries, I'm sure he finishes with roughly 20/8/8/3/2.

Axe
09-27-2022, 10:34 PM
Yes. Under the circumstances. If he plays a full game without injuries, I'm sure he finishes with roughly 20/8/8/3/2.
It seems like she wanted to see pippen play like game 6 klay in the 2019 finals, who went down with a torn acl during the second half. :confusedshrug:

Baller789
09-27-2022, 10:36 PM

Thats the problem, its conditional. And unless he absolutely was the best player on the floor at that game, no one cares.

3ba11
09-27-2022, 10:38 PM

Only Jordan was forced to win with an 8 ppg teammate like hobbled Pippen in Game 6

Pippen was frequently MIA in the closeout games, such as the 98' Finals, 96' Finals, 90' ECF, 89' ECF, and many more - he literally disappears in the closeout games

SATAN
09-28-2022, 05:44 AM
LeBron's broken hand in 2018 was worse than both.

TheGoatest
09-28-2022, 07:30 AM

Him being poked in the eye by Draymond in 2018 was worse as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E09VpwYrPBc

https://sportsnaut.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/USATSI_10872805_168380823_lowres.jpg.webp

https://media.wkyc.com/assets/WKYC/images/561102993/561102993_1140x641.png

LeBron could've easily claimed that he was basically playing blind the entire finals (in which he averaged 34 on 53%), but he never did.

Full Court
09-28-2022, 10:56 AM

Lebron fakes a hand injury to make an excuse for LOSING.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F38%2F3 8%2F1b%2F38381b0adb620670f1c04e4b5b87bbe4.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=7887425f9604358c1ceea6498044845bff1c81a9c22a1c 61ef6742f6c400b600&ipo=images

Jordan wins in spite of physical adversity. Hmmmmmmm....which one is the GOAT?

:confusedshrug:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fd5e532 0aef67829b6044fc0d079f7264%2Ftenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

SATAN
09-28-2022, 11:57 AM
Him being poked in the eye by Draymond in 2018 was worse as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E09VpwYrPBc

https://sportsnaut.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/USATSI_10872805_168380823_lowres.jpg.webp

https://media.wkyc.com/assets/WKYC/images/561102993/561102993_1140x641.png

LeBron could've easily claimed that he was basically playing blind the entire finals (in which he averaged 34 on 53%), but he never did.

hurr BuT mIkEy WaS oN tHe VeRgE oF bEiNg KiLlEd By LaImBeEr durr! :oldlol:

3ba11
09-28-2022, 12:32 PM

Lebron fakes a hand injury to make an excuse for LOSING.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F38%2F3 8%2F1b%2F38381b0adb620670f1c04e4b5b87bbe4.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=7887425f9604358c1ceea6498044845bff1c81a9c22a1c 61ef6742f6c400b600&ipo=images

Jordan wins in spite of physical adversity. Hmmmmmmm....which one is the GOAT?

:confusedshrug:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fd5e532 0aef67829b6044fc0d079f7264%2Ftenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-26-2022/SHB07h.gif

^^^ Lebron cannot handle the standard physicality of previous eras, so he would become a passive, low-scoring facilitator like Magic in the 90's

ShawkFactory
09-28-2022, 12:49 PM
^^^ Lebron cannot handle the standard physicality

Do we need to link you to EliteBaller's thread with all the pics?

Pretty sure he'd be fine lol

hold this L
09-28-2022, 01:36 PM
Actually, Pippen is responding to Jordan. Jordan made a 10 hour long mini series (the term mini being used loosely) about himself.

No actually he isn't. Dude's been talking shit way before that doc came out. He's just using it as an excuse to pull it up every once in a while. He sounds like insecure loser.

8Ball
09-28-2022, 01:56 PM
No actually he isn't. Dude's been talking shit way before that doc came out. He's just using it as an excuse to pull it up every once in a while. He sounds like insecure loser.

Jordan is just as insecure about Pippen because Jordan knows his accomplishments are tied to Pippen and Jordan would like to diminish Pippen as much as possible.

Why did Jordan make points in the documentary about 1994 if Jordan did not play in the NBA in 1994?

TheGoatest
09-28-2022, 02:04 PM
hurr BuT mIkEy WaS oN tHe VeRgE oF bEiNg KiLlEd By LaImBeEr durr! :oldlol:

There was also that time where LeBron was shoved by Andrew Bogut and started bleeding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6521ET77pc

Not to mention LeBron bleeding after Serge Ibaka hit him in the face, but still got dunked on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCjtYODVeWU

For all the talk about how "life-threatening" the Pistons were on jordon, is there any hard evidence of injuries, like a single time where he ended up bleeding or having a red eye after being poked in it?
The only red eye jordon I can recall is him after one of his many sessions of intense, degenerate gambling:

https://images4.imagebam.com/70/23/8a/MEE4ESK_o.png

3ba11
09-28-2022, 02:07 PM
Do we need to link you to EliteBaller's thread with all the pics?

Pretty sure he'd be fine lol

This:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-13-2020/MVD7vz.gif

Made Lebron do this:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-13-2020/PDVXa6.gif

So this:

would turn lebron into a passive, low-scoring facilitator like Magic or Kidd

ShawkFactory
09-28-2022, 02:09 PM
This:

Made Lebron do this:

So this:

Lebron has literally 30 pounds on Charles Oakley.

The 90s didn't reward flopping and acting (not that I condone it now). Therefore there would be none.

There were like 3 non-centers as big or strong as Lebron is. Maybe..

You're a fool if you think he wouldn't be able to dole out as much punishment as he took.

3ba11
09-28-2022, 02:20 PM
Lebron has literally 30 pounds on Charles Oakley.

The 90s didn't reward flopping and acting (not that I condone it now). Therefore there would be none.

There were like 3 non-centers as big or strong as Lebron is. Maybe..

You're a fool if you think he wouldn't be able to dole out as much punishment as he took.

Oakley is bigger than Crowder:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-13-2020/UdWQuz.gif

Or Oubre:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-13-2020/X4fH0f.gif

So again, the physicality and fouls of prior eras would turn Lebron into a passive, low-scoring facilitator like Magic or Kidd

ShawkFactory
09-28-2022, 02:26 PM
Oakley is bigger than Crowder:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-13-2020/UdWQuz.gif

Or Oubre:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-13-2020/X4fH0f.gif

So again, the physicality and fouls of prior eras would turn Lebron into a passive, low-scoring facilitator like Magic or Kidd

So I mention that the 90s wouldn't reward flopping and acting...and you show me two clips of exactly that happening (at least the second one is)? :lol

Color me disappointed.

Dikembe Mutombo, David Robinson, Alonzo Mourning, Patrick Ewing. What do they have in common? All 4 weighed at LEAST 10 pounds less than Lebron. You're conveniently disregarding how big and how strong he is. Not that I'm surprised.

In an era where he can use his OWN physicality and strength more too? Jesus bro...not your best argument. Go back to talking about team ceilings and shit.

FilmyCogTurner
09-28-2022, 02:54 PM
You guys are hilarious, bad backs.. flu games... different situations all together.

Elosha
10-01-2022, 08:53 AM

Seriously? I know you are a real Bulls fan, as am I, and that you also have MJ as GOAT. You sometimes criticize him and not always invalidly. No player is above criticism.

But I also know you are fully aware of what happened causing Jordan's retirement. All the anti-Jordans on here conveniently forget to mention that his father was brutally murdered in the offseason of 93. I too wish Jordan had not retired in 94-95, but I do not blame him, given the massive trauma he had gone through. But for you to claim Jordan just "took 2 years off," (while completely adapting to a new sport of course), simply because he was "challenged" enough is not a fair representation.

97 bulls
10-01-2022, 06:49 PM
Seriously? I know you are a real Bulls fan, as am I, and that you also have MJ as GOAT. You sometimes criticize him and not always invalidly. No player is above criticism.

But I also know you are fully aware of what happened causing Jordan's retirement. All the anti-Jordans on here conveniently forget to mention that his father was brutally murdered in the offseason of 93. I too wish Jordan had not retired in 94-95, but I do not blame him, given the massive trauma he had gone through. But for you to claim Jordan just "took 2 years off," (while completely adapting to a new sport of course), simply because he was "challenged" enough is not a fair representation.

I most definitely am a Bulls fan and have MJ as the GOAT. But I take exception to these MJ trolls that make him above reproach and perfect. He was far from either. I do feel he had no weaknesses in his game, but he wasn't perfect.

When I say Jordan took that time off, is only because that's why Jordan said he retired. I do feel his father's death played a huge role in his decision. But Jordan himself said in the Last Dance that he talked to his father and was contemplating retirement. So I'm only going on Jordan's words.

I'm just sick of the disrespect all these Jordan fans have for his teammates. And the only ones really checking them are Lebron James fans ( for their own selfish reasons granted). But alot of these "Bulls" fans like yourself, only get antsy with me and my takes about Jordan. All which are 100% correct.

And I honestly feel Jordan disrespected his teammates in the Last Dance. Especially Scottie Pippen.

Round Mound
10-01-2022, 09:17 PM
I most definitely am a Bulls fan and have MJ as the GOAT. But I take exception to these MJ trolls that make him above reproach and perfect. He was far from either. I do feel he had no weaknesses in his game, but he wasn't perfect.

When I say Jordan took that time off, is only because that's why Jordan said he retired. I do feel his father's death played a huge role in his decision. But Jordan himself said in the Last Dance that he talked to his father and was contemplating retirement. So I'm only going on Jordan's words.

I'm just sick of the disrespect all these Jordan fans have for his teammates. And the only ones really checking them are Lebron James fans ( for their own selfish reasons granted). But alot of these "Bulls" fans like yourself, only get antsy with me and my takes about Jordan. All which are 100% correct.

And I honestly feel Jordan disrespected his teammates in the Last Dance. Especially Scottie Pippen.

This

Ne 1
10-02-2022, 11:05 AM
Career Finals

MJ.............. 34 on 48%
Lebron........ 28 on 49%
Kyrie........... 28 on 47%
AD............... 25 on 55%
Pippen........ 19 on 42%

^^^ One of them doesn't belong.... :confusedshrug:

There are zero examples of Pippen playing above an Iggy or Wiggins caliber........ in his entire career!!!!

So the historical record proves that he was an Iggy or Wiggins-caliber performer that the winning spotlight inflated to all-time status

Pippen has more all nba selections than both iggy and Wiggins combined🤷🏾*♂️ as well as being a 10x all defensive player

TheMan
10-02-2022, 01:10 PM
This:

Made Lebron do this:

So this:

Damn, LeBron acted like he got shot from that elbow from Gasol and Cartwright just got up like nothing from that vicious hit from Oakley :facepalm

LeFlop

Elosha
10-02-2022, 09:48 PM

I do not post nearly as much as other people, I am just far too busy. But I do respect posters like you, and if anyone took the time to search my previous posts, they will find a number of occasions where I also criticized those people who unfairly devalue LeBron James. It is virtually indisputable that LeBron James is at least a top-five player and he has a solid case for number 2. I might not put him at number 2 myself, but I understand those who do. So we are obviously talking about absolute top players of all time when we talked about Michael Jordan and LeBron.

I respect you saying that you're just taking Jordan at his words as to his reasons for retirement. I also know he did state in the Last Dance, and also said in previous years prior to the Last Dance, that he had been contemplating retirement with his father. IMO, I just feel it probably wouldn't happened had his father not been murdered. I could be wrong about that, but I don't think the decision was firmly made until he was killed. There's no way to know one way or the other, and I respect your position. I just don't think it's fair to act like Jordan was just "quitting" without understanding the full and brutal context.

If Lebron James' mother suddenly passed away or died at any point in his career, murdered or not, and he said he needed time off or wanted to retire, I would have been the first one on ISH defending that decision. Most particularly, if she was murdered. That is just a life-changing circumstance of a beloved parent that almost no one can understand unless it happens to you. And no one should judge someone else for their career decision under the weight of such a tragedy.

Oh, and I am also a faithful Bulls fan, not just a Jordan fan. I'm a big Chicago sports fan all across the board, Bulls, Cubs, and Bears. So they are the team I always root for, not just when they were at their heights with Jordan but at any time. I know the team and I know the players and I have enormous respect for most of the Bulls players during their championship years. It's not merely a one-man team; obviously there were a lot of other great players, amazing chemistry, and a great coach and staff, alongside Jordan as GOAT.

Bacchus
10-03-2022, 10:47 AM
It showed. Pippen averaged 15.7 points, 6.8 rebounds and 4.8 assists in the finals.