PDA

View Full Version : LeBron's performance that prevented a 16-0 playoff run by the most stacked team ever

TheGoatest
09-25-2022, 09:39 AM
Game 4 of the 2017 finals:
31 points
10 rebounds
11 assists
+32

And this highlight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0er5FW_tkFM

In 2002, a Tracy McGrady alley-oop to himself from an all-star game was voted as the #1 dunk of the entire 2001-02 season on NBA.com. Watch the 2:44 mark of this video for proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH4Kf7ZF-tc

In 2017 LeBron did it in a finals game. :eek:

Kblaze8855
09-25-2022, 09:55 AM
Mcgradys looked better. Largely uncontested dunks aren’t more impressive because the finals logo being on the floor during a blowout. And unlike a lot of finals plays that are famous it’s relatively common. Jordan’s switch hand layup is more famous than it would be because it’s in the finals…but you also don’t see it done that way often. Birds rebound/mid air lefty layup….you just don’t see. Even plays similar to the Dr.J up and under vs the lakers never look as smooth.

This play is both not all that spectacular in the execution and is a kind of play seen many times before and after it. Couple that with being in an inconsequential blowout and that well contested?

Its not “Meh” but it isn’t worth talking about much either.

If he had done it as smoothly and with the emphasis McGrady or even Vince did it in the All-Star game in the finals it would probably be a more signature moment.

TheGoatest
09-25-2022, 10:39 AM
Right, cause McGrady's dunk was so contested:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/59/60/e8/5960e8e0974324e0bc84702651073377.jpg

For the record, the score when jordon did that overrated layup in the 1991 finals: Bulls up 95-71 with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter. But LeBron's team leading 94-75 with 9 minutes left in the third quarter against a team that can hit 10 3 pointers in a span of 5 minutes is a "blowout" that discredits the dunk's value. Um, okay... :rolleyes:

MadDogg
09-25-2022, 11:20 AM
LeBron's performance that prevented a 16-0 playoff run

So LeBron put himself in Iverson territory. Not a bad comparison actually. Just imagine if AI had the talent LeBron had his entire career.

Kblaze8855
09-25-2022, 11:39 AM
I didn’t say tmacs was more contested I said it looked better was more smooth and had greater emphasis. Just a better looking play. Not as clumsy. Probably because Lebron did it on the fly and didn’t set out to do it.

And I already mentioned Jordan’s iconic play and some others. They’re all fairly unique. Lebrons wasn’t. A play that isn’t that uncommon doesn’t become legend just because it’s the finals. Not when it isn’t consequential. Most of the plays you remember seeing all the time are either unique or mattered.

bison
09-25-2022, 12:01 PM
I actually think that Jordan layup is overrated too. Even for Jordan it is somewhat of an average layup that I don’t know how it got iconic status. Jordan has had way more impressive highlights in his career than that layup. He didn’t even really need to switch his hand. Probably could have dunked it.

Full Court
09-25-2022, 12:24 PM
I actually think that Jordan layup is overrated too. Even for Jordan it is somewhat of an average layup that I don’t know how it got iconic status. Jordan has had way more impressive highlights in his career than that layup. He didn’t even really need to switch his hand. Probably could have dunked it.

Yeah, I've always thought this too.

Kblaze8855
09-25-2022, 12:25 PM

Overrated relative to his other plays sure. But unique. Probably because he didn’t need to do it.

3ba11
09-25-2022, 02:22 PM
Kyrie had 40 on 56% in that game

so Kyrie was the guy that stopped the Warriors while Lebron was the lower-scoring sidekick

Lebron always had elite-producing teammates to nearly match him in the Finals because he can't defeat maximum defensive attention (can't carry scoring load in Finals)

Since Lebron can't defeat maximum defensive attention, he needs elite-scoring sidekicks like AD, Wade and Kyrie - he can't win with secondary scorers like Wiggins or Pippen

Ultimately, it's easier for GM's to build a team of cheap defenders, but this requires a 1st option that can carry the scoring load like Curry or MJ.. Lebron is the opposite and forces GM's to find expensive star scoring help

Spurs m8
09-25-2022, 05:17 PM
So we're celebrating him being gentleman's swept now and handing his direct opponent ANOTHER Fmvp?

Amazing

I can't even imagine what a loser OP is in life, with the low standards and loser tendencies he has...

And that doesn't even take into account he worships a grown man and posts here all weekend, every weekend, all summer.

A loser, just like this hero

TheGoatest
09-25-2022, 06:24 PM
So we're celebrating him being gentleman's swept now and handing his direct opponent ANOTHER Fmvp?

Amazing

No, I am celebrating LeBron's phenomenal performance in a finals series that prevented a 16-0 run.
You are celebrating a performance from a first round sweep loss:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/E_Kc9IeLJZJnfUg1-amxwua4q34=/1400x1400/filters:format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/19913184/88164665.jpg.jpg

Manny98
09-26-2022, 12:47 PM

Amazing

I can't even imagine what a loser OP is in life, with the low standards and loser tendencies he has...

And that doesn't even take into account he worships a grown man and posts here all weekend, every weekend, all summer.

A loser, just like this hero

Lebron stans hitting new lows :facepalm

WhiteKyrie
09-26-2022, 03:57 PM
Kyrie had 40 on 56% in that game

so Kyrie was the guy that stopped the Warriors while Lebron was the lower-scoring sidekick

Lebron always had elite-producing teammates to nearly match him in the Finals because he can't defeat maximum defensive attention (can't carry scoring load in Finals)

Since Lebron can't defeat maximum defensive attention, he needs elite-scoring sidekicks like AD, Wade and Kyrie - he can't win with secondary scorers like Wiggins or Pippen

Ultimately, it's easier for GM's to build a team of cheap defenders, but this requires a 1st option that can carry the scoring load like Curry or MJ.. Lebron is the opposite and forces GM's to find expensive star scoring help

Bingo, co alphas

LeGoat4Life
09-27-2022, 05:28 PM
Lebron giving 6 FVP to his direct opponents

Also Lebron being the betas for all 4 of his rings :lol

No wonder his fanboys worship this beta failure :oldlol:

kawhileonard2
09-28-2022, 12:23 AM
Kawhi was going to beat this team. Nothing special about them.

kawhileonard2
09-28-2022, 12:23 AM
No, I am celebrating LeBron's phenomenal performance in a finals series that prevented a 16-0 run.
You are celebrating a performance from a first round sweep loss:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/E_Kc9IeLJZJnfUg1-amxwua4q34=/1400x1400/filters:format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/19913184/88164665.jpg.jpg

Lebron was swept 4-0 twice. Jordan never got swept 4-0. Lebron also won 2 bronze medals for America.

TheGoatest
09-28-2022, 01:01 AM
jordon got swept in the first round 2 straight years. LeBron never got swept in the first round 2 straight years.
jordon lost in the first round 3 straight years. LeBron never lost in the first round 3 straight years.
jordon had 3 sub-.500 seasons 3 straight years. LeBron never had 3 sub-.500 seasons 3 straight years.
Then...

https://i.postimg.cc/sxQfmm9F/23has-Asavior-PIP.jpg

Bawkish
09-28-2022, 01:57 AM

aside from being aesthetically beautiful pose in mid-air and the switch was done when he's on his way down?

it's iconic because it's his 13th consecutive field goal. Dude cannot miss anything even a circus shot

Axe
09-28-2022, 02:12 AM
aside from being aesthetically beautiful pose in mid-air and the switch was done when he's on his way down?

it's iconic because it's his 13th consecutive field goal. Dude cannot miss anything even a circus shot
So you mean to say your panties dropped upon watching that happen? Interesting.

Bawkish
09-28-2022, 02:15 AM
So you mean to say your panties dropped upon watching that happen? Interesting.

here you are crying again, very typical

Axe
09-28-2022, 02:16 AM
here you are crying again, very typical
Sounds like you. Didn't even bother to answer my question at all. :confusedshrug:

Bawkish
09-28-2022, 02:21 AM
Sounds like you. Didn't even bother to answer my question at all. :confusedshrug:

im replying to the other poster, you're just an attention whore

Axe
09-28-2022, 02:25 AM
:cry:
https://i.ibb.co/stZcnfW/IMG-20220928-142202.jpg

Alright, alright. I get that your panties had to drop so hard when jordan dunked like what the photo showed above. :ohwell:

Bawkish
09-28-2022, 02:26 AM
https://i.ibb.co/stZcnfW/IMG-20220928-142202.jpg

Alright, alright. I get that your panties had to drop so hard when jordan dunked like what the photo showed above. :ohwell:

say that again without crying this time

Axe
09-28-2022, 02:30 AM
say that again without crying this time
No u

SATAN
09-28-2022, 05:38 AM

It was more about the moment it happened in the game. The particular layup technique itself was obviously overrated as hell back in the day but he did it at a point in the game where the energy was crazy. Also, it was featured on countless NBA or MJ related videos etc at the time, which MJ stans ate up. Most of them didn't even see the real game it was from however.