PDA

View Full Version : Stats that prove MJ is the GOAT

TheMan
09-27-2022, 09:19 PM
https://youtu.be/oElDV1fcrDg

And he did much of this during the most defensive big men era...imagine if peak MJ played today, this soft, can't impede the offensive player's way to the hoop, wide open lanes era...

https://c.tenor.com/9vZR9MVb930AAAAM/church-lady-faint.gif

But dur hur, longevity stats doe :lol

SouBeachTalents
09-27-2022, 09:25 PM
1-9

TheMan
09-27-2022, 09:34 PM
1-9

Typical high IQ Bronie retort...said no one ever.

1987_Lakers
09-27-2022, 09:35 PM
I just skimmed through the vid, it stated nothing but stats, a vid twice as long could be made for Wilt. No clear insight on his strengths and weaknesses as a player. Vid only appeals to casuals like OP.

Ben Taylor aka Thinking basketball has superior videos on past players in his channel.

TheMan
09-27-2022, 09:42 PM
I just skimmed through the vid, it stated nothing but stats, a vid twice as long could be made for Wilt. No clear insight on his strengths and weaknesses as a player. Vid only appeals to casuals like OP.

Ben Taylor aka Thinking basketball has superior videos on past players in his channel.

You skimmed because his records got you shook, don't lie :lol

And just recently you were arguing Wilt's scoring was inflated because of pace and overrated due to not translating in wins. 2 threepeats, can Bran even do one FFS? Lol

1987_Lakers
09-27-2022, 09:52 PM

Once I heard that dude's voice, you could tell he was hired strictly for his voice, he's pretty much reading what someone else wrote. At least that's the impression I got so I skimmed. Once I did that it only confirmed it was a bunch of stats that real fans already know, nothing insightful.

RRR3
09-27-2022, 09:58 PM
Oh dear TheStan revealing his shocking stupidity once again. :(

TheMan
09-27-2022, 10:09 PM
When you can't refute the message, attack the messenger :applause:

Can't say I'm shocked, Bronies...

BTW, the vid gives props to LBJ, Kobe and other greats, but it reminds y'all the gap between them and MJ.

Don't get butthurt :confusedshrug:

3ba11
09-27-2022, 10:41 PM

Ben Taylor is literally a massive liar and fraud that claims to determine how often a player misses the open man - this data cannot be determined by anyone

And Jordan had no weaknesses.. The one time they tested him to shoot threes, he turned into Steph Curry on the biggest stage (Finals) - it was so far ahead of it's time that the GOAT could only shrug.. MJ simply could do whatever he wanted on the basketball court.. He had GOAT jumpshooting form so his shooting potential was completely untapped - but whenever he shot 3 attempts or more, he shot at today's standard (37-43%)

1987_Lakers
09-27-2022, 10:43 PM
Ben Taylor is literally a massive liar and fraud that claims to determine how often a player misses the open man - this data cannot be determined by anyone

And Jordan had no weaknesses.. The one time they tested him to shoot threes, he turned into Steph Curry on the biggest stage (Finals) - it was so far ahead of it's time that the GOAT could only shrug.. MJ simply could do whatever he wanted on the basketball court.. He had GOAT jumpshooting form so his shooting potential was completely untapped - but whenever he shot 3 attempts or more, he shot at today's standard (37-43%)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-NKGIg5BQ

Axe
09-27-2022, 10:44 PM
Ether.

SouBeachTalents
09-27-2022, 10:48 PM
https://c.tenor.com/PPqeZ4jWM8EAAAAC/ew-gross.gif

Baller789
09-27-2022, 10:50 PM
I dunno why Bronies keep bringing up Jordan's atrocious 3 point shooting. :confusedshrug:

Round Mound
09-27-2022, 10:55 PM
I don't think you need stats to know that MJ is the GOAT. He was by far the best player ever rings or zero rings.

Full Court
09-27-2022, 11:24 PM
OP's got a bunch of Bronies in meltdown mode. :roll:

kawhileonard2
09-28-2022, 12:18 AM
MJ = 6 Titles, 6 finals MVP's, 5 League MVP's = 17 Points total
Russell = 11 Titles, 0 finals MVP's, 5 League MVP's = 16 Points Total
Kareem = 6 Titles, 2 finals MVP's, 6 League MVP's = 14 Points Total
Lebron = 4 Titles, 4 finals MVP's, 4 League MVP's = 12 Points Total
Magic = 5 Titles, 3 finals MVP's, 3 League MVP's = 11 Points Total
Duncan = 4 Titles, 3 finals MVP's, 2 League MVP's = 9 Points Total
Kobe = 5 Titles, 2 finals MVP's, 1 League MVP's = 8 Points Total
Shaq = 4 Titles, 3 finals MVP's, 1 League MVP's = 8 Points Total
Bird = 3 Titles, 2 finals MVP's, 3 League MVP's = 8 Points Total
Wilt = 2 Titles, 1 finals MVP's, 4 League MVP's = 7 Points Total
Hakeem = 2 Titles, 2 finals MVP's, 1 League MVP's = 5 Points Total
Moses Malone = 1 Titles, 1 finals MVP's, 3 League MVP's = 5 Points Total
Kawhi = 2 Titles, 2 finals MVP's = 4 Points Total

TheGoatest
09-28-2022, 01:10 AM
Stats, eh? :oldlol:

https://images4.imagebam.com/6f/62/c4/MEE2JJ9_o.png

https://images4.imagebam.com/b4/e1/dd/MEE2JJA_o.png

In the end:
LeBron's career averages: 27.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg & 7.4 apg
>
jordon's career averages: 30.1 ppg, 6.2 rpg & 5.3 apg

LeBron's career averages are better even without context. If we include context (the fact that LeBron sustained these averages in 300 more career games played, and the fact that LeBron's averages are dragged down by him entering the league at age 18), then jordon gets destroyed even more.
Now if we're talking about career averages and career totals... :roll:

TheMan
09-28-2022, 01:35 AM

In the end:
>

LeBron's career averages are better even without context. If we include context (the fact that LeBron sustained these averages in 300 more career games played, and the fact that LeBron's averages are dragged down by him entering the league at age 18), then jordon gets destroyed even more.
Wow, surely he must have more championships, MVPs, scoring titles, DPOYs, FMVPs ...oh wait :lol

Empty stays, bro, due to longevity, it's nice and all but MJ did more in less time. Simply put, LeBron has played waaay more playoffs games than anyone of those players in that chart.

RRR3
09-28-2022, 01:41 AM
TheGoatshit and TheStan in yet another poo flinging competition over who’s hero is better at throwing an orange ball through a hoop.

TheGoatest
09-28-2022, 03:34 AM
Wow, surely he must have more championships, MVPs, scoring titles, DPOYs, FMVPs ...oh wait :lol

Empty stays, bro, due to longevity, it's nice and all but MJ did more in less time. Simply put, LeBron has played waaay more playoffs games than anyone of those players in that chart.

Wow, surely jordon must have at least ONE championship without being ball-and-chained to a single other player. Or at least one playoff series win. Hell, SURELY a .500 season. At least one.... right? Oh wait.

Empty championships, bro (unlike LeBron's). jordon has faced waaaay worse competition relative to his own team's strength than anyone of those players in that chart.

Keep moving them goal posts. You created a thread about stats, but it's not really about stats. Just like you would if you created a thread about winning and someone mentioned Bill Russell. :roll:

SATAN
09-28-2022, 05:09 AM
wow, surely jordon must have at least one championship without being ball-and-chained to a single other player. Or at least one playoff series win. Hell, surely a .500 season. At least one.... Right? Oh wait.

Empty championships, bro (unlike lebron's). Jordon has faced waaaay worse competition relative to his own team's strength than anyone of those players in that chart.

Keep moving them goal posts. You created a thread about stats, but it's not really about stats. Just like you would if you created a thread about winning and someone mentioned bill russell. :roll:

Boom!

SATAN
09-28-2022, 05:13 AM

And just recently you were arguing Wilt's scoring was inflated because of pace and overrated due to not translating in wins. 2 threepeats, can Bran even do one FFS? Lol

:facepalm

TheMan
09-28-2022, 08:39 AM
Wow, surely jordon must have at least ONE championship without being ball-and-chained to a single other player. Or at least one playoff series win. Hell, SURELY a .500 season. At least one.... right? Oh wait.

Empty championships, bro (unlike LeBron's). jordon has faced waaaay worse competition relative to his own team's strength than anyone of those players in that chart.

Keep moving them goal posts. You created a thread about stats, but it's not really about stats. Just like you would if you created a thread about winning and someone mentioned Bill Russell. :roll:

What a stupid post, you're basically the only dumbass who makes these desperate arguments. Ball and chained to a player? That player must be a GOAT level, huh? Oh wait, you can't hardly find a poll where Pippen is top 30 :lol. BTW, Magic never won a ring without KAJ, yet no one ever uses that against him because it's a retarded argument, you're grasping at straws, pal. :oldlol:

Facts, MJ played with less All Stars and won more chips. LeBron has continuesly tried to stack the deck but has still less to show for it. You don't want to compare teammates, friend, I assure :pimp:

TheGoatest
09-28-2022, 08:52 AM
The fact is that in 2016 LeBron won a championship/FMVP against a 73-9 team with a supporting cast that has a 4-23 record in the 27 games he missed. There wasn't a single all-star/all-NBA/all-defensive player on that squad, unlike jordon had on every Bulls championship team in the 90s.

Another fact is that in 2013 LeBron won a championship/FMVP with a #2 option who averaged 15.9 ppg in the playoffs, which is lower than any #2 playoff scorer on any Bulls playoff run in the 90s.

A third fact is that in 2020 LeBron won a championship/FMVP with a #3 option who was nowhere near an all-star spot, and was infinitely worse than the third best player on any of the Bulls championship teams.

These are the facts.
Facts are not friends of jordon extremist alts.
jordon extremist alts always lose when it comes to facts.
Always.

1987_Lakers
09-28-2022, 08:56 AM
The fact is that in 2016 LeBron won a championship/FMVP against a 73-9 team with a supporting cast that has a 4-23 record in the 27 games he missed. There wasn't a single all-star/all-NBA/all-defensive player on that squad, unlike jordon had on every Bulls championship team in the 90s.

Another fact is that in 2013 LeBron won a championship/FMVP with a #2 option who averaged 15.9 ppg in the playoffs, which is lower than any #2 playoff scorer on any Bulls playoff run in the 90s.

A third fact is that in 2020 LeBron won a championship/FMVP with a #3 option who was nowhere near an all-star spot, and was infinitely worse than the third best player on any of the Bulls championship teams.

These are the facts.
Always.

https://c.tenor.com/9vZR9MVb930AAAAM/church-lady-faint.gif

TheMan getting triggered again.

TheMan
09-28-2022, 09:10 AM

These are the facts.
Always.

Easy, the 2016 Warriors weren't the same in the postseason as they were in the regular season, hell they should have been out in the WCFs had KD and company not completely choked away a 3-1 series lead. Add to that, Curry was hurt, Green was suspended and LeBron had the GOAT sidekick help in Kyrie Irving, who not only completely dominated the unanimous MVP, but also hit the Game 7 winning shot. Stop trying to rewrite history as if James carried the Cavs with zero help, that's what 3ba11 does and you're just as bad as him, but for Bran.

2013, beat a team where KD, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka where nowhere near their prime...zzzzz.

2020, Mickey Mouse ring, beating a team where Butler scored 26 pts a game, the Heat's next best scorer scored more than 10 pts less than Jimmy Buckets. Both AD and LeBron scored more than Butler. That Heat team was a gutsy hustling team but they were perhaps the worst team to ever make it to the championship round...you want Moar Halp from a 3rd option, bro? That's overkill, lol.

To quote Alphawolf...too EZ.

Next.

1987_Lakers
09-28-2022, 09:14 AM
Easy, the 2016 Warriors weren't the same in the postseason as they were in the regular season, hell they should have been out in the WCFs had KD and company not completely choked away a 3-1 series lead. Add to that, Curry was hurt, Green was suspended and LeBron had the GOAT sidekick help in Kyrie Irving, who not only completely dominated the unanimous MVP, but also hit the Game 7 winning shot. Stop trying to rewrite history as if James carried the Cavs with zero help, that's what 3ba11 does and you're just as bad as him, but for Bran.

2013, beat a team where KD, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka where nowhere near their prime...zzzzz.

2020, Mickey Mouse ring, beating a team where Butler scored 26 pts a game, the Heat's next best scorer scored more than 10 pts less than Jimmy Buckets. Both AD and LeBron scored more than Butler. That Heat team was a gutsy hustling team but they were perhaps the worst team to ever make it to the championship round...you want Moar Halp from a 3rd option, bro? That's overkill, lol.

To quote Alphawolf...too EZ.

Next.

They beat the Spurs in 2013, casual confirmed.

:oldlol:

TheMan
09-28-2022, 09:18 AM
They beat the Spurs in 2013, casual confirmed.

I got my years mixed up, yeah I saw those Finals, the one where fat boy Diaw was daring LeBron to chuck away? He was having a meh Finals until Ray Ray saved his legacy. The Spurs choked away Game 6, but they came back the next year and tore Bran a new asshole.

That better? :lol

1987_Lakers
09-28-2022, 09:22 AM
I got my years mixed up, yeah I saw those Finals, the one where fat boy Diaw was daring LeBron to chuck away? He was having a meh Finals until Ray Ray saved his legacy. The Spurs choked away Game 6, but they came back the next year and tore Bran a new asshole.

A real fans knows every Finals from the top of their head. I can give you every Finals matchup from about 1969 to present off the top of my head. Idk how you got 2013 mixed up given it wasn't even a decade ago.

TheMan
09-28-2022, 09:27 AM
A real fans knows every Finals from the top of their head. I can give you every Finals matchup from about 1969 to present off the top of my head. Idk how you got 2013 mixed up given it wasn't even a decade ago.

Still early where I'm at, lol. Anyways, I never claimed to be an NBA historian but I do know the history from when I started paying attention in the mid 80s to now. Everything prior, I've seen some stats and seen some old videos but like I said, I've never claimed to be a stats geek, I dare you to quote me anywhere where I stated such :confusedshrug:

But I do know enough to sniff out rats like Goatits when he tries to rewrite history, especially when I was there and he (Simon) wasn't.

1987_Lakers
09-28-2022, 09:28 AM
Still early where I'm at, lol. Anyways, I never claimed to be an NBA historian but I do know the history from when I started paying attention in the mid 80s to now. Everything prior, I've seen some stats and seen some old videos but like I said, I've never claimed to be a stats geek, I dare you to quote me anywhere where I stated such :confusedshrug:

It's past 6 am over here, woke up around 30 min ago and was able to catch your error with a quickness. You live in Chicago, it's past 8 over there.

TheMan
09-28-2022, 09:33 AM
It's past 6 am over here, woke up around 30 min ago and was able to catch your error with a quickness. You live in Chicago, it's past 8 over there.

You're in Boston, don't lie. And I'm not in Chicago, I'm from there but I live in Mexico.

1987_Lakers
09-28-2022, 09:39 AM
Oh wait, you can't hardly find a poll where Pippen is top 30 :lol.

This is also wrong, USA Today had Scottie Pippen top 25 in 2021, The Complex had him #25. I'm sure there is more but too lazy to look it up

1987_Lakers
09-28-2022, 09:39 AM
You're in Boston, don't lie. And I'm not in Chicago, I'm from there but I live in Mexico.

Don't lie, you're in Chicago hooking up with the cousin. :lol

RRR3
09-28-2022, 09:42 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

TheMan
09-28-2022, 09:43 AM
https://i.gifer.com/pVw.gif

SATAN
09-28-2022, 09:44 AM
https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-60260ea2a9997047aa3ff60bac617bb2-pjlq

TheMan
09-28-2022, 10:03 AM
https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-60260ea2a9997047aa3ff60bac617bb2-pjlq

She's like third cousin so it's OK, I assure you. :lol

RRR3
09-28-2022, 10:08 AM
Isn’t she like 22? How does she feel about a guy in his 60s obsessing over her to the point of using her as his avatar on a basketball board?

TheMan
09-28-2022, 10:44 AM
Isn’t she like 22? How does she feel about a guy in his 60s obsessing over her to the point of using her as his avatar on a basketball board?

Stop derailing my thread!

RRR3
09-28-2022, 11:22 AM
So you don’t deny that you’re a senior citizen chasing after 20 somethings you’re related to?

SATAN
09-28-2022, 11:54 AM

Stop railing your cousin. :oldlol:

RRR3
09-28-2022, 11:59 AM
Stop railing your cousin. :oldlol:
:yaohappy:

Hey Yo
09-28-2022, 12:02 PM
You gotta consider the source.

Same dude who thinks being voted an All-star is a better accolade than being named All-NBA

TheMan
09-28-2022, 12:31 PM
These dudes talking about anything but about MJ being the GOAT...because it's a given, there's nothing to refute.

My job is done here :pimp:

RRR3
09-28-2022, 12:40 PM
These dudes talking about anything but about MJ being the GOAT...because it's a given, there's nothing to refute.

My job is done here :pimp:
MJ being the GOAT doesn’t change the fact that you love incest.

TheMan
09-28-2022, 12:56 PM
MJ being the GOAT doesn’t change the fact that you love incest.

Good sir, I implore you to stick with the subject of this thread. :cheers:

8Ball
09-28-2022, 01:28 PM

In the end:
>

Thread backfire. As usual.

We need to let jordan stans win a little sometime.

Or not.

8Ball
09-28-2022, 01:29 PM
18 all-nba teams.
All time scoring record.
Top 5 assists.
10 finals appearances as best player.

That's all I need to argue against any Jordan stan and he will lose.

8Ball
09-28-2022, 01:31 PM

Jordan stans taking Ls in their own threads.

Yikes.

TheMan
09-28-2022, 01:42 PM
18 all-nba teams.
All time scoring record.
Top 5 assists.
10 finals appearances as best player.

That's all I need to argue against any Jordan stan and he will lose.

MJ, more MVPs, FMVPs, DPOYs, scoring titles than James, in less seasons.

GOAT

8Ball
09-28-2022, 01:55 PM
MJ, more MVPs, FMVPs, DPOYs, scoring titles than James, in less seasons.

GOAT

Kareem has 6 MVPs, 6 championships, yet all anyone can talk about regarding kareem is his all time scoring record.

LeBron about to get that most coveted diamond ever in the NBA.

TheMan
09-28-2022, 07:39 PM
Kareem has 6 MVPs, 6 championships, yet all anyone can talk about regarding kareem is his all time scoring record.

LeBron about to get that most coveted diamond ever in the NBA.
6 MVPs is impressive...

6 rings too

But he wasn't even the best player on his team in a few of his rings.

Hence, he was never seen as consensus GOAT, obviously he has an argument but there are others more deserving.

StrongLurk
09-28-2022, 08:19 PM
MJ and Lebron are both above Kobe.

3ba11
09-28-2022, 08:24 PM
MJ and Lebron are both above Kobe.

Before joining Kobe and Lebron, Pau was a 1x all-star and Bosh was 6x all-star (1x all-nba)

So Lebron's inferior brand of ball-dominance needed a Pau-level player at 3rd option, while an expert jumpshooter like Kobe won with Pau at 2nd option - Kobe's superior brand of scoring and basketball simply needs less help - a lot less

Ultimately, Lebron can't carry the scoring load against top teams (too ball-dominant) and therefore need all-time scoring help, while Kobe's expert jumpshooting maintained brand regardless of volume, so he could carry the scoring load against top team and win with secondary producers like Bosh, I mean Pau

Spurs m8
09-28-2022, 09:38 PM
What a stupid post, you're basically the only dumbass who makes these desperate arguments. Ball and chained to a player? That player must be a GOAT level, huh? Oh wait, you can't hardly find a poll where Pippen is top 30 :lol. BTW, Magic never won a ring without KAJ, yet no one ever uses that against him because it's a retarded argument, you're grasping at straws, pal. :oldlol:

Facts, MJ played with less All Stars and won more chips. LeBron has continuesly tried to stack the deck but has still less to show for it. You don't want to compare teammates, friend, I assure :pimp:

Not only has LeCoward played with more all stars..
He always resets and gets them in their prime.

And STILL underachieves

A true loser and coward

1987_Lakers
09-28-2022, 10:52 PM

wtf, lol

RRR3
09-28-2022, 10:57 PM
wtf, lol
He must love House of the Dragon

RogueBorg
09-30-2022, 02:01 PM

There's only one player in the top 10 with a losing Finals record.

TheMan
09-30-2022, 03:40 PM
There's only one player in the top 10 with a losing Finals record.

That speaks volumes, and these Bran Stans want to give that Finals loser the title of greatest ever...
https://c.tenor.com/h-fQB_FC578AAAAM/shannon-sharpe-shay.gif

red1
09-30-2022, 03:43 PM
mj is the low IQ mans GOAT

just look at this grocery bagging competition.

https://i.postimg.cc/k5pXdN5h/Rivalry-Decade.jpg

red1
09-30-2022, 03:44 PM
That speaks volumes, and these Bran Stans want to give that Finals loser the title of greatest ever...
https://c.tenor.com/h-fQB_FC578AAAAM/shannon-sharpe-shay.gif

lebron is a finals overachiever. overachieved by exactly 33%.

TheMan
09-30-2022, 03:55 PM

Oh yeah, buddy? LeBron is the perfect GOAT for today's soft entitled, take the easy road, participation award generation. You don't get extra brownie points for coming in second, which he has done more times than actually win.

6 in 15 >>> 4 in 19

RRR3
09-30-2022, 03:58 PM
Oh yeah, buddy? LeBron is the perfect GOAT for today's soft entitled, take the easy road, participation award generation. You don't get extra brownie points for coming in second, which he has done more times than actually win.

6 in 15 >>> 4 in 19
MJ came in worse than second more times than he actually won :confusedshrug:

Bill Russell is your GOAT I assume.

red1
09-30-2022, 04:14 PM

6 in 15 >>> 4 in 19

got the two infinity stone rings. scalped two dynasties and is the only player to win a finals MVP over the spurs and over the healthy warriors in the finals.

"buh buh kyrie buh buh ray allen"

best player in 8 NBA finals. (2012-2018, 2020)

high IQ man's GOAT.

https://files.wallpaperpass.com/2019/10/lebron%20james%20wallpaper%20130%20-%201080x1920-768x1365.jpg

TheMan
09-30-2022, 05:04 PM
got the two infinity stone rings. scalped two dynasties and is the only player to win a finals MVP over the spurs and over the healthy warriors in the finals.

"buh buh kyrie buh buh ray allen"

best player in 8 NBA finals. (2012-2018, 2020)

high IQ man's GOAT.

https://files.wallpaperpass.com/2019/10/lebron%20james%20wallpaper%20130%20-%201080x1920-768x1365.jpg

MJ, never outscored in ANY playoffs series, except 1, in his rookie year against Terry Cummings, by one point. MJ never lost with HCA, only top 10 player who can claim that, MJ was never outplayed in any Finals, unlike LeBron who had the worst performance for a GOAT tier player in 2011, getting outscored by scrub Jason Terry. MJ, only GOAT tier player to be perfect in the Finals, never needing a GM 7 and always being the best player, 6 FMVPs...2 threepeats, LeBron hasn't sniffed even one yet.

MJ is the consensus GOAT, the people's champion.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrAmJeIZOCTUUeiMAfpX_t4OM4EApS9 be1YapMO2vphA1rn_7bLQz8fWY&s=10

red1
09-30-2022, 05:33 PM
MJ, never outscored in ANY playoffs series, except 1, in his rookie year against Terry Cummings, by one point. MJ never lost with HCA, only top 10 player who can claim that, MJ was never outplayed in any Finals, unlike LeBron who had the worst performance for a GOAT tier player in 2011, getting outscored by scrub Jason Terry. MJ, only GOAT tier player to be perfect in the Finals, never needing a GM 7 and always being the best player, 6 FMVPs...2 threepeats, LeBron hasn't sniffed even one yet.

MJ is the consensus GOAT, the people's champion.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrAmJeIZOCTUUeiMAfpX_t4OM4EApS9 be1YapMO2vphA1rn_7bLQz8fWY&s=10

baldan is aight. he can hoop too.

TheMan
09-30-2022, 07:20 PM
MJ came in worse than second more times than he actually won :confusedshrug:

Bill Russell is your GOAT I assume.

No, rings isn't my only criteria, it's a combination. Russell isn't even the GOAT big man.

TheGoatest
10-01-2022, 03:31 AM

Damn... :roll:
Thread: Destroyed.

Baller789
10-01-2022, 06:36 AM

Why werent the 90's bigs included? They were Jordan's competition for the MVP's. Is it because of an agenda?

TheMan
10-01-2022, 11:49 AM
Why werent the 90's bigs included? They were Jordan's competition for the MVP's. Is it because of an agenda?

Yes

TheMan
10-01-2022, 11:50 AM
Damn... :roll:
Thread: Destroyed.

Uh, nope...only in your feeble trolling mind :cheers:

red1
10-01-2022, 12:15 PM
Yes

doesnt matter how many finals losses he has he has the best ring of all time - broke a 52-year sports drought for his hometown who drafted him. that's epic.

lebron was the best player in 8 finals - he only choked one finals and that was only because he was deferring in a new role. he won the next two finals MVPs.

everyone still had him the best in the world after 2017 and 2018 despite the finals losses. because they could see the context of how he was playing the most stacked team of all-time and still balling out all regular season playoffs and finals.

8 finals in a row playing at an elite level every single series from 2012-2018 - that's superhuman durability and stamina. he easily could have won 8 rings. (wade hobbled 2014, kyrie and love went down 2015, warriors most stacked team of all-time 2017 and 2018, lebron the best player in the world every single postseason 8 years in a row).

https://staticc.sportskeeda.com/editor/2022/04/8ccc4-16498966613567-1920.jpg

Chick Stern
10-01-2022, 12:19 PM
MJ, more MVPs, FMVPs, DPOYs, scoring titles than James, in less seasons *.

GOAT

*during the weakest NBA decade

TheMan
10-01-2022, 01:07 PM

An era that included Shaq, DRobinson, TDuncan, Hakeem, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, John Stockton and MJ...yeah I'll put those up against any era, bro. You Bronies have an agenda to discredit MJ because straight up comparing MJ to LeBron, MJ has better per game stats, regular season and playoffs, y'all go by longevity stats and discrediting his competition because frankly that's all you have. He accomplished more than Bran in less time, fact.

Full Court
10-01-2022, 01:11 PM
lebron was the best player in 8 finals - he only choked one finals and that was only because he was deferring in a new role.

:roll:

How many finals did Jordan choke??

:lebronamazed:

TheMan
10-01-2022, 01:12 PM
doesnt matter how many finals losses he has he has the best ring of all time - broke a 52-year sports drought for his hometown who drafted him. that's epic.

lebron was the best player in 8 finals - he only choked one finals and that was only because he was deferring in a new role. he won the next two finals MVPs.

everyone still had him the best in the world after 2017 and 2018 despite the finals losses. because they could see the context of how he was playing the most stacked team of all-time and still balling out all regular season playoffs and finals.

8 finals in a row playing at an elite level every single series from 2012-2018 - that's superhuman durability and stamina. he easily could have won 8 rings. (wade hobbled 2014, kyrie and love went down 2015, warriors most stacked team of all-time 2017 and 2018, lebron the best player in the world every single postseason 8 years in a row).

https://staticc.sportskeeda.com/editor/2022/04/8ccc4-16498966613567-1920.jpg

Shoulda, coulda, woulda...MJ might've have had more rings had his father not been murdered and he stepped away...or ring chase like Bran would've done and went to LA with Shaq and Kobe when PJax recruited him to go. Others legends did that, like KAJ, imagine MJ with 8, 9 or 10 rings. That's legitimately what he left on the table that was there for the taking.

MJ was too alpha for that though...Bran will ring chase, take my word, that's gonna happen soon. That's the difference between MJ and Bran.

dankok8
10-01-2022, 01:47 PM
Shoulda, coulda, woulda...MJ might've have had more rings had his father not been murdered and he stepped away...or ring chase like Bran would've done and went to LA with Shaq and Kobe when PJax recruited him to go. Others legends did that, like KAJ, imagine MJ with 8, 9 or 10 rings. That's legitimately what he left on the table that was there for the taking.

MJ was too alpha for that though...Bran will ring chase, take my word, that's gonna happen soon. That's the difference between MJ and Bran.

Yep. Jordan could have joined the Lakers when the Bulls fell apart and threepeated with Shaq and Kobe.

Anyways no need for what-if hypotheticals. MJ won 6 rings and Lebron won 4 rings.

red1
10-01-2022, 03:50 PM

jordan played on stacked teams against weak competition. you dont need to ring chase when your team is so stacked that it wins 55-games and goes game 7 eastern conference semis without you.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1994.html

despite all of the knocks of superteams, you'll never find a single lebron team that would win 50 games without him. and that includes every team he's EVER been on.

lebron's career and legacy speaks for itself. you dont need hypotheticals when you have facts like the only finals MVP over a 73-win in NBA history and 8 years in a row of being the best regular season playoff and finals player COMBINED in a row, on the resume.

red1
10-01-2022, 03:53 PM

How many finals did Jordan choke??

:lebronamazed:

lebron was the best player in 8 finals.

2011 is a proven anomaly easily explained by the new role of sharing the ball.

he won the next two finals MVPs in a row and was the best player in the next 8 NBA finals. :lebronamazed:

TheMan
10-01-2022, 04:32 PM

he won the next two finals MVPs in a row and was the best player in the next 8 NBA finals. :lebronamazed:

Bullshit he was, KD outplayed LeBron

And anomaly or whatever excuse you can come up with, MJ never had a bad series, forget about a Finals series on that cluster**** of bad by Bran 2011. Figuring out your new role doesn't excuse him from going ghost in 4th quarter after 4th quarter, even Wade tried to shake him from his beta stupor :facepalm and this was well into Bran's prime, no excuses.

Not my GOAT

red1
10-01-2022, 04:33 PM
Bullshit he was, KD outplayed LeBron

no he didnt. absolutely not. the cavs drove themselves crazy running around chasing curry. kd was the recipient of open shot after open shot. meanwhile bron and kyrie had to hard-carry the first year and in 2018 they didnt even have a chance with the amount of scrubs the cavs fielded vs the warriors. it was 1 on 5 with lebron going against the warriors.

kd didn't outplay bron either time. yeah he hit some big shots but the warriors were going to smoke the cavs regardless. they had the 3 best 3-point shooters in the league on the same team in kd klay and curry and had a stacked defensive team with iggy dray and klay.

you're wrong. everyone had lebron as the best in the world right after BOTH series. it literally pissed kd off that no one cared that he won.

lebron was the best in the world hands down from 2012-2018.

TheMan
10-01-2022, 04:43 PM
no he didnt. absolutely not. the cavs drove themselves crazy running around chasing curry. kd was the recipient of open shot after open shot. meanwhile bron and kyrie had to hard-carry the first year and in 2018 they didnt even have a chance with the amount of scrubs the cavs fielded vs the warriors. it was 1 on 5 with lebron going against the warriors.

kd didn't outplay bron either time. yeah he hit some big shots but the warriors were going to smoke the cavs regardless. they had the 3 best 3-point shooters in the league on the same team in kd klay and curry and had a stacked defensive team with iggy dray and klay.

you're wrong. everyone had lebron as the best in the world right after BOTH series. it literally pissed kd off that no one cared that he won.

Nope, stop rewriting history. KD outplayed Bran, he won FMVP. There is precedent in the NBA Finals for the best player in the Finals being from the losing team. In your biased eyes, Bran was the Finals best player...everyone else without a dog in this fight saw KD hitting dagger after dagger to put it away, in LeBron's face no less.

Maybe you can convince your kids otherwise, you ain't convincing us who saw those series in real time.

RRR3
10-01-2022, 04:55 PM

High IQ post. TheMan so angry he's gonna have to look at pics of his cousin to calm down.

TheMan
10-01-2022, 05:10 PM
High IQ post. TheMan so angry he's gonna have to look at pics of his cousin to calm down.

I actually think you're better than this, stupid post coming from someone claiming that post was high IQ :lol

RRR3
10-01-2022, 05:13 PM
I actually think you're better than this, stupid post coming from someone claiming that post was high IQ :lol
What he said was mostly true, he just exaggerated it to make you mad.

red1
10-01-2022, 05:13 PM
Nope, stop rewriting history. KD outplayed Bran, he won FMVP. There is precedent in the NBA Finals for the best player in the Finals being from the losing team. In your biased eyes, Bran was the Finals best player...everyone else without a dog in this fight saw KD hitting dagger after dagger to put it away, in LeBron's face no less.

Maybe you can convince your kids otherwise, you ain't convincing us who saw those series in real time.

dude I was there. lebron was a workhorse like no other. best in the world every series. better than kd in the regular season postseason and finals.

better than EVERY player no debate from 2012-2018. 8-years in a row. go look at the GM voting those summers.

leGOAT.

dankok8
10-01-2022, 07:55 PM
KD was better than Lebron in the 2017 Finals and they were neck and neck in the 2018 Finals. Lebron definitely didn't come out of either of those series looking clearly better than Durant. KD rightfully got the blame for joining a 73-win team but his level of play in both of those finals was stupendously high.

Axe
10-01-2022, 08:05 PM
Lol

Axe
10-01-2022, 08:10 PM
KD was better than Lebron in the 2017 Finals and they were neck and neck in the 2018 Finals. Lebron definitely didn't come out of either of those series looking clearly better than Durant. KD rightfully got the blame for joining a 73-win team but his level of play in both of those finals was stupendously high.
LeKong was obviously better in 2018 only because of the scrubs he had in his team; they have a paltry record in the rs without him. Kyrie wasn't there to share some load anymore while kevin love has become unreliable by that time. The rest are pretty meh. I'm not sure why those aren't brought up whenever someone mentions the carry-job he did four years ago. Because his numbers wouldn't be insane if he had useful teammates bt.

Full Court
10-01-2022, 09:56 PM

He wasn't the best player in 8 finals. But that aside, you dodged my question about how many finals did Jordan choke.

I'll go ahead and answer it for you.

NONE.

SATAN
10-01-2022, 10:18 PM
KD was better than Lebron in the 2017 Finals and they were neck and neck in the 2018 Finals. Lebron definitely didn't come out of either of those series looking clearly better than Durant.

Yet almost everyone would agree he was/is better. KD had very little pressure compared to the guy you hate.

dankok8
10-02-2022, 12:04 AM
LeKong was obviously better in 2018 only because of the scrubs he had in his team; they have a paltry record in the rs without him. Kyrie wasn't there to share some load anymore while kevin love has become unreliable by that time. The rest are pretty meh. I'm not sure why those aren't brought up whenever someone mentions the carry-job he did four years ago. Because his numbers wouldn't be insane if he had useful teammates bt.

In terms of who was the better player taking the whole season and playoffs into account the majority of people would side with Lebron myself included but my post was about the finals specifically.

1987_Lakers
10-02-2022, 12:22 AM
KD was better than Lebron in the 2017 Finals

We know that's how you feel, you even tried to rig 2017 playoff voting for KD despite LeBron getting more votes.

Axe
10-02-2022, 12:33 AM
In terms of who was the better player taking the whole season and playoffs into account the majority of people would side with Lebron myself included but my post was about the finals specifically.
No doubt. And he'd be the unanimous fmvp had the cavs somehow won that series instead.

TheGoatest
10-02-2022, 06:52 AM
KD was better than Lebron in the 2017 Finals

https://images4.imagebam.com/76/58/be/MEEBKWW_o.jpg

Terry Cummings was better than jordon in the 1985 first round.
Adrian Dantley was better than jordon in the 1988 ECF.
Nick Anderson was better than jordon in the 1995 second round.

TheMan
10-02-2022, 10:59 AM
https://images4.imagebam.com/76/58/be/MEEBKWW_o.jpg

Terry Cummings was better than jordon in the 1985 first round.
Adrian Dantley was better than jordon in the 1988 ECF.
Nick Anderson was better than jordon in the 1995 second round.

This is why you aren't taken seriously and considered a terrible poster, well actually you're considered to be quite stupid...the video stated that MJ was never outscored in any playoffs series he was involved in except his first as a rookie and by one point by Terry Cummings.

1988 ECSFs Adrian Dantley 18.6 pts pg, 50% FG, 2.6 asts and 5 rebs

Micheal Jordan 27.4 pts pg, 49% FG, 4.6 asts and 8.8 rebs

Just looking at those stats at first glance only an idiot would come to the conclusion that Dantley had a better series.

1995 ECSFs Nick Anderson 15.2 pts pg, 44% FG, 2.3 asts and 4.3 rebs

Micheal Jordan 31 pts pg, 47% FG, 3.7 asts and 6.5 rebs

Again, just simply looking at those stats, only a retarded knuckledragger like you would come to the conclusion that Anderson had a better series. And I didn't even mention the defensive side of the ball, no serious person would claim those two were better than MJ, in particular Dantley.

You flat out lied, you post shit that's not true hoping people won't notice. In a serious forum you would've been banned long ago.

red1
10-02-2022, 11:03 AM
He wasn't the best player in 8 finals. But that aside, you dodged my question about how many finals did Jordan choke.

I'll go ahead and answer it for you.

NONE.

jordan choked off the court by getting himself suspended and then coming back rusty 95.

lebron was the best player in 8 finals. I'm sorry I cant give 2017 to kd.

kyrie is great.

kd was playing with curry AND klay - the two best shooters in the league

AND he had iggy and dray defending for him.

that is way too stacked and is literally the starting western conference all-star team, and the same exact roster that won 73 games and came 1 shot short of winning the ring without him the year before.

lebron would've swept kd and kyrie if their roles were reversed and he joined the 2016, 73-win warriors to play against kd and kyrie. :oldlol:

at least lebron and kyrie took a game off the 73 win warriors plus KD which is what the 2017 warriors were. :oldlol:

it would be laughable :roll:

TheMan
10-02-2022, 11:17 AM
jordan choked off the court by getting himself suspended and then coming back rusty 95.

kyrie is great.

that is way too stacked and is literally the starting western conference all-star team, and the same exact roster that won 73 games and came 1 shot short of winning the ring without him the year before.

lebron would've swept kd and kyrie if their roles were reversed and he joined the 2016, 73-win warriors to play against kd and kyrie. :oldlol:

at least lebron and kyrie took a game off the 73 win warriors plus KD which is what the 2017 warriors were. :oldlol:

it would be laughable :roll:

This is nonsense, anyone can play that game.

Wilt would have beaten Russell had you switched sides! Wilt with all those HOFers Russell had would be unfair! MJ would've beaten Bird if they switched sides! MJ with, McHale, Parish, Walton, DJ etc vs Bird with cokehead Woolridge, lol MJ would've annihilated Bird from the face of the Earth!!! LMAO!

It's a nonsensical argument...only thing your point proves is that your boy tried colluding, and KD bested him there, he colluded better :lol

1987_Lakers
10-02-2022, 11:22 AM

Wilt would have beaten Russell had you switched sides! Wilt with all those HOFers Russell had would be unfair!

How do you know this? From about 1965-1969 Wilt had a similar or better cast than Russell and only beat him one time during that span.

How do you explain Wilt having Jerry West playing out of his mind in 1969 and still lose to old Russell who is past his prime? :lol

TheMan
10-02-2022, 11:34 AM
How do you know this? From about 1965-1969 Wilt had a similar or better cast than Russell and only beat him one time during that span.

How do you explain Wilt having Jerry West playing out of his mind in 1969 and still lose to old Russell who is past his prime? :lol

Yeah that's a tough one but my point stands, you can't complain about switching sides, it's nonsensical.

Full Court
10-02-2022, 11:45 AM

kyrie is great.

it would be laughable

Ohhhhhhh, Jordan choked OFF the court. :roll:

And that's what Bronies have to resort to in trying to prop up their hero. :lol

:lebroncry:

1987_Lakers
10-02-2022, 11:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFs16GWXT_w

dankok8
10-02-2022, 11:55 AM
In terms of winning a championship, Lebron's teams were 1st in preseason odds 7 times (2011-2016, 2021) and 2nd another 5 times (2010, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022). And they only have 4 titles to show for it. Lebronies can cry as much as they want. Facts are facts. A lot of this "tough competition narrative" was created after the fact. 2011 Mavs weren't that good. The 2014 Spurs weren't getting any all-time great talk until they annihilated the Heat and the series was considered a coin toss by Vegas oddsmakers. The Mavs took those Spurs 7 games and OKC with an injured Ibaka took them 6 games. 2015 is pretty much a pass because of injuries but that's the only year. The 2017 and to a lesser extent 2018 Warriors were legitimately a pretty insane team but Lebron's Cavs were also quite good especially in 2017 and they got obliterated. It's not so much that they lost but how they lost. Even those two series if you look at the predictions the Cavs were supposed to last 6 games. Maybe if Lebron (and his teammates) played some defense they could have.

1987_Lakers
10-02-2022, 11:58 AM
In terms of winning a championship, Lebron's teams were 1st in preseason odds 7 times (2011-2016, 2021) and 2nd another 5 times (2010, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022). And they only have 4 titles to show for it. Lebronies can cry as much as they want. .

Only person crying was you when you got called out for rigging the 2017 Playoff MVP voting.

dankok8
10-02-2022, 11:59 AM
Only person crying was you when you got called out for rigging the 2017 Playoff MVP voting.

Oh yea I cried myself to sleep :oldlol:

MadDogg
10-02-2022, 12:01 PM
Damn. LeBron stans getting smacked up, left and right. :oldlol: You can bring up context, and the fact KD stacked decks. I wouldn't argue with you. But technically KD did out perform LeBron in those finals. Their late game & 4th quarter play is why KD wins the comparison, albeit not by much.

1987_Lakers
10-02-2022, 12:01 PM
Kawhileonard2 also makes intelligent posts at times, vote counted

HoopsNY
10-02-2022, 08:16 PM
In terms of winning a championship, Lebron's teams were 1st in preseason odds 7 times (2011-2016, 2021) and 2nd another 5 times (2010, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022). And they only have 4 titles to show for it. Lebronies can cry as much as they want. Facts are facts. A lot of this "tough competition narrative" was created after the fact. 2011 Mavs weren't that good. The 2014 Spurs weren't getting any all-time great talk until they annihilated the Heat and the series was considered a coin toss by Vegas oddsmakers. The Mavs took those Spurs 7 games and OKC with an injured Ibaka took them 6 games. 2015 is pretty much a pass because of injuries but that's the only year. The 2017 and to a lesser extent 2018 Warriors were legitimately a pretty insane team but Lebron's Cavs were also quite good especially in 2017 and they got obliterated. It's not so much that they lost but how they lost. Even those two series if you look at the predictions the Cavs were supposed to last 6 games. Maybe if Lebron (and his teammates) played some defense they could have.

Overrating of the 2014 Spurs is one of the biggest ones. You'll find LeBron stans using revisionist history a lot, like their HOF'er arguments for NBA finals, and in this case, the Spurs.

A lot of it is because Kawhi dominated games 3-5 in that finals, but previously, how was Kawhi playing for the entirety of that playoffs, before games 3-4-5 of the finals?

'14 Kawhi: 20 games | 12.9 PPG | 6.4 RPG | 1.6 APG | 1.7 STLS| 0.4 BLKS | 56.5 TS%

We always hear about the ages of players but apparently facing a Celtics team in 2011 that was aging doesn't count.

KG: 34
Allen: 35
Pierce: 33
Shaq: 38
J. O'Neal: 33

How about the Spurs? Duncan was 37 and Ginobili was 36. Parker was 31 and declining.

I agree the 2017 Cavs were good talent-wise but not 2018.

HoopsNY
10-02-2022, 08:19 PM
Damn. LeBron stans getting smacked up, left and right. :oldlol: You can bring up context, and the fact KD stacked decks. I wouldn't argue with you. But technically KD did out perform LeBron in those finals. Their late game & 4th quarter play is why KD wins the comparison, albeit not by much.

You can argue KD stacked the deck in 2017 for sure. But LeBron-Wade-Bosh did the same for 2011-2013 at the very least. A lot of people discredit Wade for his 2013 playoffs but forget that that team won 66 games in the regular season, which allowed for HCA throughout the playoffs.

At the same time, if LeBron goes elsewhere, I still think he wins 2-3 titles.

HoopsNY
10-02-2022, 08:23 PM
Bran stans are pretty funny on this topic. They laugh at Jeff Hornacek who was a previous All-Star and sharpshooter and what he did against MJ, but 2012 Ray Allen was 36 putting up 12 PPG on 38/35/77 splits in the ECF.

red1
10-02-2022, 08:29 PM

Wilt would have beaten Russell had you switched sides! Wilt with all those HOFers Russell had would be unfair! MJ would've beaten Bird if they switched sides! MJ with, McHale, Parish, Walton, DJ etc vs Bird with cokehead Woolridge, lol MJ would've annihilated Bird from the face of the Earth!!! LMAO!

It's a nonsensical argument...only thing your point proves is that your boy tried colluding, and KD bested him there, he colluded better :lol

those were simple facts. a 73-win team that was 1 shot short of back-to-back rings added the 2nd best player in the world without losing anything because of leGOAT's historic comeback.

obviously you cant acknowledge simple facts. it goes against your argument. :oldlol:

everyone had lebron as the best in the world after those two stacked warriors rings, period. it pissed kd off more than it annoys you and other baldan stains.

red1
10-02-2022, 08:30 PM
Ohhhhhhh, Jordan choked OFF the court. :roll:

And that's what Bronies have to resort to in trying to prop up their hero. :lol

:lebroncry:

I was saying he choked on the court in 95 because he came back rusty...

because of his choke off the court being a psychotic gambler...

Chick Stern
10-02-2022, 10:20 PM
An era that included Shaq, DRobinson, TDuncan, Hakeem, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, John Stockton and MJ...yeah I'll put those up against any era, bro. You Bronies have an agenda to discredit MJ because straight up comparing MJ to LeBron, MJ has better per game stats, regular season and playoffs, y'all go by longevity stats and discrediting his competition because frankly that's all you have. He accomplished more than Bran in less time, fact.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
You Jordan gurglers immediately go into knee jerk overdrive. Nobody said there wasn’t talent in the 90s. There is always talent.
However, the 90s were an era of unprecedented expansion. Expansion that was lopsided to the Eastern conference. That invariable leads to thinning of the talent. It’s undeniable.
To claim otherwise is inane.

Do you think Jordan QUIT, or was SUSPENDED?

Full Court
10-02-2022, 10:39 PM
I was saying he choked on the court in 95 because he came back rusty...

because of his choke off the court being a psychotic gambler...

Jordan in '95 averaged 29.3 against Orlando.

Bronie in 2011 averaged 17.8 against Dallas.

One of these "chokes" is not like the other.

TheMan
10-03-2022, 09:52 AM
Overrating of the 2014 Spurs is one of the biggest ones. You'll find LeBron stans using revisionist history a lot, like their HOF'er arguments for NBA finals, and in this case, the Spurs.

A lot of it is because Kawhi dominated games 3-5 in that finals, but previously, how was Kawhi playing for the entirety of that playoffs, before games 3-4-5 of the finals?

'14 Kawhi: 20 games | 12.9 PPG | 6.4 RPG | 1.6 APG | 1.7 STLS| 0.4 BLKS | 56.5 TS%

We always hear about the ages of players but apparently facing a Celtics team in 2011 that was aging doesn't count.

KG: 34
Allen: 35
Pierce: 33
Shaq: 38
J. O'Neal: 33

How about the Spurs? Duncan was 37 and Ginobili was 36. Parker was 31 and declining.

I agree the 2017 Cavs were good talent-wise but not 2018.

Rat poison for Bronies

1987_Lakers
10-03-2022, 10:00 AM

Judging that team by individual stats is the worst thing you can do. They were one of the best passing teams this league has ever seen, finished the year with 62 wins which was the most in the NBA and had an SRS of 8.0 which was also #1 in the NBA, not to mention a top 3 defense. From about 2012-2014 they were destroying teams despite not having a superstar, I remember their 2012 team sweep a good Clippers team in the 2nd round and every game seemed like a blowout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjadmjleQT8&t

Everyone acknowledged how great that Spurs team was when they won a title in 2014, they just get kinda overlooked now because the Warriors became even more of a force just a short time afterwards. Not to mention LeBron basically had no help in the Finals that year.

1987_Lakers
10-03-2022, 10:10 AM
Rat poison for TheMan

dankok8
10-03-2022, 10:33 AM
There is no indication that the 2014 Spurs were much more than an average championship-level team. Until they of course annihilated the Heat in the finals and then they had to be elevated to save Lebron's legacy. 62 wins and +8 SRS is nothing to write home about. Most champions in history are around there in those metrics.

2014 Spurs ORtg
Regular Season: 110.5
1st Round vs Dallas: 103.1
West Semis vs Portland: 113.1
West Finals vs OKC: 114.4
Finals vs Heat: 120.8 :pimp:

The truth is that in the 2014 Finals Lebron put up nice boxscore stats but had limited impact outside of Game 2 and was just terrible on the defensive end. While he wouldn't by any means take all the blame, he didn't play that well. And for his team to be that putrid defensively... It's a pretty bad look.

In fact the three highest ORtg in Finals history all happened on Lebron's watch...

1987_Lakers
10-03-2022, 10:46 AM
There is no indication that the 2014 Spurs were much more than an average championship-level team. Until they of course annihilated the Heat in the finals and then they had to be elevated to save Lebron's legacy. 62 wins and +8 SRS is nothing to write home about. Most champions in history are around there in those metrics.

2014 Spurs ORtg
Regular Season: 110.5
1st Round vs Dallas: 103.1
West Semis vs Portland: 113.1
West Finals vs OKC: 114.4
Finals vs Heat: 120.8 :pimp:

The truth is that in the 2014 Finals Lebron put up nice boxscore stats but had limited impact outside of Game 2 and was just terrible on the defensive end. While he wouldn't by any means take all the blame, he didn't play that well. And for his team to be that putrid defensively... It's a pretty bad look.

In fact the three highest ORtg in Finals history all happened on Lebron's watch...

SRS nothing to write home about? For comparison sake the '87 Lakers had an SRS of 8.3, which is similar to the Spurs SRS and many consider them a top 5 team ever. The '85 Lakers had an SRS of 6.48, I'm guessing they weren't a great team as well. '83 Sixers? 7.5 SRS.

We all now know that you're an agenda based poster based on you rigging the 2017 playoff MVP thread against LeBron, I told HoopsNY you held a bias against LeBron, but even I didn't know you would take it this far. The fact that you still show your face here after rigging that voting is embarrassing. And I still haven't gotten a good explanation to why you allowed some obvious troll votes for KD.

dankok8
10-03-2022, 10:57 AM
SRS nothing to write home about? For comparison sake the '87 Lakers had an SRS of 8.3, which is similar to the Spurs SRS and many consider them a top 5 team ever. The '85 Lakers had an SRS of 6.48, I'm guessing they weren't a great team as well. '83 Sixers? 7.5 SRS.
How serious can we take your opinion since your were basically caught rigging a playoff MVP voting against LeBron in 2017 in favor of Durant?

At the end of the day we all know you are an agenda based poster based on you rigging the 2017 playoff MVP thread against LeBron, I told HoopsNY you held a bias against LeBron, but even I didn't know you would take it this far. The fact that you still show your face here after rigging that voting is embarrassing. And I still haven't gotten a good explanation to why you allowed some obvious troll votes for KD.

Ya ya my agenda blah blah blah. Anyone who doesn't have Lebron as the GOAT is biased in your eyes.

Finding a few all-time great teams with lower SRS proves nothing. +8 SRS is not exceptional. The Spurs elevated their ORtg by 10.3 points over the regular season average against the Heat. The Heat are the only team they looked that devastating against. You just can't handle facts.

1987_Lakers
10-03-2022, 11:01 AM
You just can't handle facts.

You couldn't handle the fact that LeBron won 2017 voting so you rigged it

HoopsNY
10-03-2022, 11:19 AM
Judging that team by individual stats is the worst thing you can do. They were one of the best passing teams this league has ever seen, finished the year with 62 wins which was the most in the NBA and had an SRS of 8.0 which was also #1 in the NBA, not to mention a top 3 defense. From about 2012-2014 they were destroying teams despite not having a superstar, I remember their 2012 team sweep a good Clippers team in the 2nd round and every game seemed like a blowout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjadmjleQT8&t

Everyone acknowledged how great that Spurs team was when they won a title in 2014, they just get kinda overlooked now because the Warriors became even more of a force just a short time afterwards. Not to mention LeBron basically had no help in the Finals that year.

If you want to get an argument from me that the Spurs were not a great team, then you won't get one. Obviously they were. My point is that it is revisionist history to think that the Spurs were some all-time great team that far surpassed anything that MJ faced, which Bran stans regularly post on this forum. I simply don't believe that and believe it's revisionist history to state otherwise.

The Spurs were taken to 7 games against Dallas in the first round. Then the Thunder lost Serge Ibaka for 2 games in the WCF, losing both games. That series was 4-2. The point is, the finals stood out in particular after the fact. Otherwise, the Spurs were another great team in the finals like most teams are.

Kawhi was putting up 12/6/2/2/0 on 56.5 TS% through the playoffs. In the last three games of the finals he put up something like 24/9/2/2/2 on an insane 81% TS%. Basically, it's an anomaly. It wasn't indicative of his level of play at that time.

While LeBron's box score looked impressive, those who watched the series knew what happened when Kawhi pressed him and how absent he was on defense, particularly in those last 3 games.

red1
10-03-2022, 12:11 PM
Jordan in '95 averaged 29.3 against Orlando.

Bronie in 2011 averaged 17.8 against Dallas.

One of these "chokes" is not like the other.

I dont remember how much baldan scored I just remember he wasnt himself and it led to a sizzling L from the time off

its all good guys. the record will show it all.

spurs would have gone 6/6, lebron is the only player with a finals MVP over them.

that roster looks stacked in hindsight. back then we were hating on them for duncan's age as their best player which is lebron's age now. now we know that kawhi ginobili parker and even danny green patty mills and belinelli who were all lights out, plus duncan splitter diaw in the frontcourt - that's a great team who took advantage of dwade running out of steam and the heat's role-players being on their last legs in their 4th finals in a row.

that 2013 back-to-back ring looks great in hindsight. we'll take that. :applause:

TheMan
10-03-2022, 01:00 PM
Rat poison for TheMan

It seems to me I'm in your skull rent free, you follow me around like a lost puppy. :lol

1987_Lakers
10-03-2022, 01:04 PM
TheGoatest lives rent free in my skull

We know. :lol

TheMan
10-03-2022, 01:08 PM
I dont remember how much baldan scored I just remember he wasnt himself and it led to a sizzling L from the time off

its all good guys. the record will show it all.

spurs would have gone 6/6, lebron is the only player with a finals MVP over them.

that roster looks stacked in hindsight. back then we were hating on them for duncan's age as their best player which is lebron's age now. now we know that kawhi ginobili parker and even danny green patty mills and belinelli who were all lights out, plus duncan splitter diaw in the frontcourt - that's a great team who took advantage of dwade running out of steam and the heat's role-players being on their last legs in their 4th finals in a row.

that 2013 back-to-back ring looks great in hindsight. we'll take that. :applause:
Had Leonard and Ginobili not miss crucial FTs, and then the Spurs not secure that rebound from LeBron's brick and Ray Ray not hit one of the most clutch threes ever, LeBron should've rightly lost those Finals. Good on Bran for finally pulling his head out of his ass but those 2013 Finals should've gone to the Spurs had they executed down the stretch. Ray Ray knows what's up, that's why he consistently calls MJ the GOAT, he played against past his prime MJ, played against and with peak LeBron, so his opinion has much more weight than anyone here, especially biased Bronies like Lakers_1987, who loves following me around.

TheMan
10-03-2022, 01:11 PM
We know. :lol

I answer his posts as much as you answer mine, so if he's in my head, then fine but I'm in yours :cheers:

RRR3
10-03-2022, 03:28 PM
Had Leonard and Ginobili not miss crucial FTs, and then the Spurs not secure that rebound from LeBron's brick and Ray Ray not hit one of the most clutch threes ever, LeBron should've rightly lost those Finals. Good on Bran for finally pulling his head out of his ass but those 2013 Finals should've gone to the Spurs had they executed down the stretch. Ray Ray knows what's up, that's why he consistently calls MJ the GOAT, he played against past his prime MJ, played against and with peak LeBron, so his opinion has much more weight than anyone here, especially biased Bronies like Lakers_1987, who loves following me around.
If, if, if. Poor TheStan :(

TheMan
10-03-2022, 06:28 PM

Poor? WTF lol. Don't worry about me, pal...I'm having a blast watching you Bronies pathetically flail away at the GOAT :oldlol: Going on twenty years and still chasing that ghost, haha!

1987_Lakers
10-03-2022, 06:29 PM

Chick Stern
10-03-2022, 06:34 PM

Wait, you’re calling others biased with statements like “ should've rightly lost those Finals.” and “2013 Finals should've gone to the Spurs”?
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/889/116/f14.gif

Full Court
10-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Bronie has to catch Wilt before he can even think about catching Jordan. :lol

TheGoatest
10-04-2022, 02:46 AM
Conclusion:
No stats "prove" shit about jordon being the GOAT over LeBron.
No team winning-related argument proves shit about jordon being the GOAT over Bill Russell.

TheMan
10-05-2022, 02:20 AM
Conclusion:
No stats "prove" shit about jordon being the GOAT over LeBron.
No team winning-related argument proves shit about jordon being the GOAT over Bill Russell.

Guess you didn't watch the video. Your boy ain't nothing without longevity, he never dominated his era, couldn't even do ONE threepeat :lol

TheGoatest
10-05-2022, 05:01 AM

Wah, wah... :cry:
Had the Sonics GM not been an idiot who agreed to that Olden Polynice trade, jordon would've still been stuck in the Orlando McGrady land with 30 ppg seasons and first round exits, like he was before this happened:

https://i.postimg.cc/sxQfmm9F/23has-Asavior-PIP.jpg

TheMan
10-05-2022, 08:38 AM
Wah, wah... :cry:
Had the Sonics GM not been an idiot who agreed to that Olden Polynice trade, jordon would've still been stuck in the Orlando McGrady land with 30 ppg seasons and first round exits, like he was before this happened:

https://i.postimg.cc/sxQfmm9F/23has-Asavior-PIP.jpg
The only whiney crybaby here is you, homie. MJ got you on skates, constantly making anti MJ threads...when can we expect your next one BTW, you're due :oldlol:

And yup, that's why Pippen won how many MVPs and FMVPs again? :lol

TheGoatest
10-05-2022, 09:06 AM
The only whiney crybaby here is you, homie. MJ got you on skates, constantly making anti MJ threads...when can we expect your next one BTW, you're due :oldlol:

And yup, that's why Pippen won how many MVPs and FMVPs again? :lol

Your "TheMan" alt alone has nearly 4 times as many LeBron rent-free posts than my entire post total. Now if we combine all of your alts... :oldlol:

The Great Scott Pippen has more second round appearances and .500 seasons without jordon than jordon has second round appearances, .500 seasons, MVPs and FMVPs without The Great Scott Pippen COMBINED (zero of each). :roll:

sdot_thadon
10-05-2022, 09:06 AM
If stats can prove the goat, it's Wilt by a country mile.

3ba11
10-05-2022, 11:14 AM
If stats can prove the goat, it's Wilt by a country mile.

Jordan averaged more ppg than Wilt in the regular season and playoffs

Heck, Wilt only averaged 22 in the playoffs, so no.. Stats don't prove Wilt is the goat and infact prove MJ is the goat

Jordan is #1 in PPG, PER, BPM, WS/48..... For the regular season and playoffs..

And he has 5 of the top 7 seasons for VORP, which is an accumulation stat based on minutes played, so using the top seasons is the appropriate way to measure who was best at this stat, not career totals

TheMan
10-05-2022, 09:19 PM
Jordan averaged more ppg than Wilt in the regular season and playoffs

Heck, Wilt only averaged 22 in the playoffs, so no.. Stats don't prove Wilt is the goat and infact prove MJ is the goat

Jordan is #1 in PPG, PER, BPM, WS/48..... For the regular season and playoffs..

And he has 5 of the top 7 seasons for VORP, which is an accumulation stat based on minutes played, so using the top seasons is the appropriate way to measure who was best at this stat, not career totals

Rat poison for Goatits

TheMan
10-05-2022, 09:19 PM
Your "TheMan" alt alone has nearly 4 times as many LeBron rent-free posts than my entire post total. Now if we combine all of your alts... :oldlol:

The Great Scott Pippen has more second round appearances and .500 seasons without jordon than jordon has second round appearances, .500 seasons, MVPs and FMVPs without The Great Scott Pippen COMBINED (zero of each). :roll:

I don't have alts, Simon

Full Court
10-05-2022, 09:31 PM
I don't have alts, Simon

GoatTits is too dumb to comprehend that multiple people don't worship Bronie.

TheMan
10-05-2022, 09:32 PM
GoatTits is too dumb to comprehend that multiple people don't worship Bronie.
:lol

Round Mound
10-05-2022, 11:23 PM
Who cares about stats...MJ is the best by eye test and longevity is not a skill.

TheGoatest
10-06-2022, 01:15 AM
I don't have alts, Simon

Proceeds to immediately reply with this "Full Court" alt after this post, and then reply to that post with his "TheMan" alt again. :roll:

TheMan
10-06-2022, 02:19 AM
Proceeds to immediately reply with this "Full Court" alt after this post, and then reply to that post with his "TheMan" alt again. :roll:

Ok Simon

You can run my IP address, Simon. Go ahead and ask, your on Jeff's payroll to generate traffic, right? Ask him.

TheGoatest
10-06-2022, 02:35 AM
Just sneaking in a post before you post with your "Full Court" alt to agree with yourself.

Full Court
10-06-2022, 07:39 AM
The funny thing is that GoatTits is the one who got outed for using alts in the same thread. Here's a reminder:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?501307-Why-didn-t-MJ-win-with-a-coach-who-made-the-2nd-round-with-a-14-9-ppg-leading-scorer

TheGoatest
10-06-2022, 08:19 AM
Heh, how about that.. The "Full Court" alt is right on time. :confusedshrug:

TheMan
10-06-2022, 11:28 AM
The funny thing is that GoatTits is the one who got outed for using alts in the same thread. Here's a reminder:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?501307-Why-didn-t-MJ-win-with-a-coach-who-made-the-2nd-round-with-a-14-9-ppg-leading-scorer

He thinks everyone is as big a loser as he is :oldlol:

So Goatits and The Constipation are the same guy, and who knows how many other alts this incel loser has :facepalm

LJB-Legend
10-06-2022, 01:02 PM
Jordan is great. Ain't no arguing it. But he got swept twice by Bird in the playoffs. Never beat Bird in the playoffs

Full Court
10-06-2022, 05:09 PM

He thinks everyone is as big a loser as he is :oldlol:

So Goatits and The Constipation are the same guy, and who knows how many other alts this incel loser has :facepalm

Yep, and accusing everybody else of being an alt is his way of deflecting.

8Ball
10-06-2022, 05:40 PM
18 all nba teams
All time leading scorer
Top 5 assists

Jordan dusted. Jordan fans upset.

Full Court
10-06-2022, 05:43 PM
Three-peated twice.
Highest scoring average in a finals series.
Most points in a playoff game.
Most scoring titles.
Highest scoring average in an NBA career.

"Bu-bu-but LONGEVITY!!!!"

8Ball
10-06-2022, 05:46 PM
All these scoring achievements and Bron about to get the number 1 scoring record which is most sought after achievement.

Sorry Jordan.

Full Court
10-06-2022, 05:49 PM
All these scoring achievements and Bron about to get the number 1 scoring record which is most sought after achievement.

Sorry Jordan.

Don't worry man, there's a good chance that in the next 25 years or so, somebody could pass up MJ. :lol

Baller789
10-07-2022, 12:33 AM

That bozo does some repetitive trolling BS.

TheGoatest
10-07-2022, 06:45 PM
A third alt has entered the battle. :roll:

Baller789
10-08-2022, 03:08 AM
A third alt has entered the battle. :roll:

beau_boy04
10-08-2022, 08:44 AM
I like this record from MJ

MJ played 500 regular season games as a Bull following a 3 game losing streak to begin the 1990-91 season. Then he took it personal! and NEVER LOST more than 2 in a row during that span (500 reg season games). Jordan also played 126 playoff games during that same stretch without losing 3 in a row.

Jordan lost back to back games a total of 16 times during that span (regular season) and only 4 times in his 126 playoff games.

Add 500 regular season games plus 126 playoff games that's 626 total games which is basically 8 seasons. Pretty amazing any angles you look at it.

His closest rivals to were

Lebron James, he had a streak of 140 games without losing 3 games in a row
Kareem 168 games
Magic 141 games
Bird 284 games
Shaq 291 games
Kobe 306 games
Steph 314 games

Nobody has ever approached the 400 games, nor the 500 or 600. MJ is all by himself sitting at 626 games.

Full Court
10-08-2022, 09:02 AM

BUSTED!

TheGoatest
10-08-2022, 01:58 PM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?506789-Stats-that-prove-MJ-is-the-GOAT&p=14668301&viewfull=1#post14668301

outofstomach
10-08-2022, 10:18 PM

is that actually his cousin? :lol