PDA

View Full Version : Pelican's Big Three: How Far Can They Go?

Full Court
09-28-2022, 11:27 PM
Assuming they stay healthy, the Pels have a pretty formidable big three in Zion, Ingram, and McCollum.

Last season, Ingram carried them to the playoffs, and even though they were eliminated in the first round, they took two games from Phoenix. Ingram has a lot more help this year. I'm going to go out on a limb and say on paper they're better than Dallas and Denver. They're behind the Lakers, Clippers, and Warriors, but it gets pretty close between the Pelicans, Timberwolves, and Grizzlies. It wouldn't shock me if the Pelicans managed to get to the conference finals.

AirBonner
09-28-2022, 11:28 PM
They can go to the point they face LeBron. Then it’s game over

FultzNationRISE
09-28-2022, 11:50 PM

It’s this.

The Pelicans have a Big Three, and thats nice, but Lebron himself has a “Big 12” if you know what Im sayin, and it’s got the potential to go much deeper than Ingram or Zion or CJ could hope to.

Obviously if those guys perform well they can still make their presence felt, but theyre not just gonna tear thru the competition like LeBranaconda is capable of doing.

AirBonner
09-29-2022, 12:13 AM
It’s this.

The Pelicans have a Big Three, and thats nice, but Lebron himself has a “Big 12” if you know what Im sayin, and it’s got the potential to go much deeper than Ingram or Zion or CJ could hope to.

Obviously if those guys perform well they can still make their presence felt, but theyre not just gonna tear thru the competition like LeBranaconda is capable of doing.

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

plowking
09-29-2022, 01:47 AM
I think a healthy Zion on a decent team is one of the most impactful players in the league.

In a league heavily dependant on the 3 ball - a 60% from the field forward who shoots FT's at a decent clip and can give you 30 a night is unstoppable and what you need when your offence stagnates.

Zion's propensity to deviate from his average is far less likely than a 3 point shooter going cold. We've seen it with James Harden a few times in the playoffs. If Ingram and McCollum hold their standard, and Zion plays like we know he can - they could be a big problem out West.

iamgine
09-29-2022, 05:41 AM
Not sure. They were a ~33 win team with Ingram last season. Then became a ~43 win team with McCollum + Ingram. I guess with Zion they should become a 50+ win team and good for 2nd or 3rd seed.

But we all know Zion ain't gonna be healthy.

Xiao Yao You
09-29-2022, 08:01 AM
Assuming they stay healthy, the Pels have a pretty formidable big three in Zion, Ingram, and McCollum.

Last season, Ingram carried them to the playoffs, and even though they were eliminated in the first round, they took two games from Phoenix. Ingram has a lot more help this year. I'm going to go out on a limb and say on paper they're better than Dallas and Denver. They're behind the Lakers, Clippers, and Warriors, but it gets pretty close between the Pelicans, Timberwolves, and Grizzlies. It wouldn't shock me if the Pelicans managed to get to the conference finals.

Wasn't it McCollum that carried them? They were sucking before he joined no? If Zion remains one of the worst defenders in the league they aren't doing much

Real Men Wear Green
09-29-2022, 08:19 AM
Wasn't it McCollum that carried them? They were sucking before he joined no? If Zion remains one of the worst defenders in the league they aren't doing much

Trying to give all the credit to one player is a bad idea more often than not. McCollum gave them a boost no doubt but that doesn't mean Ingram should be disregarded. When healthy he was actually their best player. As a duo they make NO a solid team that can play .500 or better.

Williamson is the potential superstar that could make NO a good team. Without him healthy they won't make the second round. Might not be able to get that far even with him but without him forget it.

ShawkFactory
09-29-2022, 09:32 AM
Ingram and McCollum got a lot of burn together last year and I'm wonder how Zion coming in affects what they do. Two year ago I know that there wasn't a lot of synergy between Ingram and Zion.

We'll see. On paper they would be great.

Full Court
09-29-2022, 12:08 PM

Oh, you're a silly one you are. :lol

I agree that a healthy Lakers team should beat the Pelicans, but last season Lebron couldn't even get a .500 record in the 50-ish games he played. No AD, no playoffs.

Xiao Yao You
09-29-2022, 12:37 PM
Oh, you're a silly one you are. :lol

I agree that a healthy Lakers team should beat the Pelicans, but last season Lebron couldn't even get a .500 record in the 50-ish games he played. No AD, no playoffs.

healthy Lakers :lol

bison
09-30-2022, 05:54 PM

Lebron would be lucky to even make the play-in this season :lol

NBAGOAT
09-30-2022, 10:00 PM
Pelicans have a chance at 2nd rd but mostly depends on zion. Top 3 in west is really good(Gs clippers denver) but teams after those teams all here flaws. I don’t think in current nba McCollum is good enough to be part of a big 3. You have to be somewhat close to all star. There are many deep teams but only teams with a big 3 are mil, cle, and minn. We’ll see about mpj.

Xiao Yao You
09-30-2022, 11:18 PM
Pelicans have a chance at 2nd rd but mostly depends on zion. Top 3 in west is really good(Gs clippers denver) but teams after those teams all here flaws. I don’t think in current nba McCollum is good enough to be part of a big 3. You have to be somewhat close to all star. There are many deep teams but only teams with a big 3 are mil, cle, and minn. We’ll see about mpj.

McCollum's numbers have been similar to Mitchell. No reason he shouldn't be in the mix for all star if his team is winning. Unlike Mitchell he carried a bad team late last year

NBAGOAT
10-01-2022, 01:04 AM
McCollum's numbers have been similar to Mitchell. No reason he shouldn't be in the mix for all star if his team is winning. Unlike Mitchell he carried a bad team late last year

Mitchell is just better and Ingram was the best player on the pels

Kblaze8855
10-02-2022, 01:40 PM
Good big 3 and 3-4 role players worth talking about as well several of them young and improving. They seem to be the team a lot of people want to be on the record predicting success and I see why.