PDA

View Full Version : Would a team of Giannis and Luka dominate the NBA like never seen before?

90sgoat
09-29-2022, 07:19 PM
Would it be better than Shaq and Kobe?

It's hard to see it not being absolutely dominant. Those two players basically compliment each others weaknesses and strengths perfectly. Giannis with the defense and athleticism in the open court, Luka with the ability to break it down in the half court.

Two MVPs on the same team? Too much? Or just two NBA First Teamers since Doncic is yet to win one.

I don't think so, Shaq and Kobe were pretty much both FMVP level at the same time. Wade and Lebron were both NBA First Team.

Why not Giannis and Luka?

Is Giannis winning a chip really that more of an accomplishment than Wade winning one?

Luke and Giannis should team up.

ShawkFactory
09-29-2022, 07:24 PM
I mean yea. Giannis could focus on defense, boards, and finishing and still be as good as anyone in the league. Let Luka lead the offense on top of that.

Generally speaking when you take 2 top 5 guys in the league who are different players and have different strengths it’s going to be successful.

That’d be a better match than Luka and Curry. Or Jokic and Embiid.

90sgoat
09-29-2022, 07:35 PM
I mean yea. Giannis could focus on defense, boards, and finishing and still be as good as anyone in the league. Let Luka lead the offense on top of that.

Generally speaking when you take 2 top 5 guys in the league who are different players and have different strengths it’s going to be successful.

That’d be a better match than Luka and Curry. Or Jokic and Embiid.

I mean, it's probably one of the best top 10 groupings of all time and definitely the best now.

Or would Jokic and Curry be better? That would also be spectacular.

I also think Luka and Giannis could actually get along, since Giannis is a winner first, but also not a pushover. He'd hold his own.

Axe
09-29-2022, 07:55 PM
Or would Jokic and Curry be better? That would also be spectacular.
But curry is a liability on defense. Meanwhile, though unlikely, jokic should also be willing to be reduced to a screensetting role if the two were to play together. However, that would only mean he won't be able to play at mvp level anymore. Thus reducing his true effectiveness on the floor.

90sgoat
09-29-2022, 09:05 PM
But curry is a liability on defense. Meanwhile, though unlikely, jokic should also be willing to be reduced to a screensetting role if the two were to play together. However, that would only mean he won't be able to play at mvp level anymore. Thus reducing his true effectiveness on the floor.

Hmm... I think if Jokic and Curry play together, then Jokic plays Draymond role and makes these insane passes to Curry coming off screens and teammates cutting because of defense focusing on Curry. You could basically plug and play Jokic for Draymond and he'd do everything better. Would probably be the highest scoring / efficient offense ever.

Axe
09-29-2022, 09:06 PM
Hmm... I think if Jokic and Curry play together, then Jokic plays Draymond role and makes these insane passes to Curry coming off screens and teammates cutting because of defense focusing on Curry. You could basically plug and play Jokic for Draymond and he'd do everything better. Would probably be the highest scoring / efficient offense ever.
Seriously? Lmao. :yaohappy:

iamgine
09-29-2022, 10:42 PM
Theoretically yes. But partnerships don't always work that way. Think of Bird and Mchale. Both were power forwards. In theory it shouldn't work too well. But it did.

SouBeachTalents
09-29-2022, 11:17 PM
Of course the two of them would dominate, but I'd much rather pair Giannis with someone like Bird or Curry over Luka. I'd honestly even go with CP3 or Nash over him too, Giannis would be fcking scary with those two.

PAOK
09-30-2022, 07:47 AM
I think Giannis/Jokic is a better fit. Luka may be a little too ball dominant, which will take away some of Giannis's effectiveness.

insight
09-30-2022, 09:01 AM
NO! Both are too ball dominate and require the ball in their hands to be effective. They basically do the same thing for their team offensively, but Giannis plays defense. Giannis is playing in a system he can wining campionships, Luka scores alot of points but doesn't make his team mates better.

FultzNationRISE
09-30-2022, 09:05 AM
I dont think it would be as unstoppable as it sounds on paper, but even if they had great chemistry with each other... it takes more than two guys to be a dominant team. If you surround them with scrubs theyre not gonna be some dynasty team. You still need quality depth.

The two of them should frankly join Lebron and be HIS depth. Then you'd really have a team worth talking about.

Jasper
09-30-2022, 10:05 AM
Theoretically yes. But partnerships don't always work that way. Think of Bird and Mchale. Both were power forwards. In theory it shouldn't work too well. But it did.

I serious believe they are good where they are.
Pearl and Clyde thought it would never work , but it was seamless ....

Giannis needs to be Point Forward / so Luka would be shit out of luck...

bizil
09-30-2022, 11:05 AM
Don't get me wrong, Luka and Giannis would DOMINATE! I would love to see Luka play with another All Star-superstar level player to see how he would adjust his game. But out of guys in today's league, Steph, KD, Joker, and KAT are the guys I would love to see Giannis play with.

Xiao Yao You
09-30-2022, 11:08 AM

McHale was a 4/5 and Bird a 3/4. McHale posted up. Bird did a lot of his work on the perimeter. Both team players.

90sgoat
09-30-2022, 11:54 AM
I think Luka can win by himself, but I also am convinced that with Giannis he'd 3-peat.

3-peating means you're a goat candidate.

Full Court
09-30-2022, 01:39 PM
The reason Giannis gets so much respect is because he won a championship WITHOUT teaming up with another star.