PDA

View Full Version : Warriors vs. Wizards - first Pre-Season Game

bdonovan
09-30-2022, 07:21 AM
Boy this game has sucked so far. I was so hyped for today, talking with multiple people during the day who I met about watching the first basketball game in a long time, and how I couldn't wait.

You might expect rust after the off-season summer. But even with that expectation, it's been bad.

Wiggins 1-8
Poole 0-7
Curry 1-7

Wizards shooting 32%, Warriors shooting 27%. This is an embarrassing way to showcase the NBA to Japan.

Steph has turned the ball over 4 times and it's not even halftime yet.

Not his fault. The Warriors are just standing around and watching. Moses Moody in particular (starting in Klay's absence) has been pitiful in fundamentals- ie: when you don't have the ball, position yourself to receive it and do something with it. Standing 8 feet behind the arc and watching is not it.

DiVincenzo has so far showed he has trouble dribbling a basketball without losing control.

Bright spots: James Wiseman - physical, aggressive. Not playing the soft, pure-shooter type he looked last year. Moses Moody also showing intensity on defensive end.

As for the Wizards, Hachimura, being Japanese and playing in Japan, seems to be relishing the attention on him. Playing solid on both ends of the floor- knocking the ball out of Warriors hands and on the offensive end, scoring with efficiency and 8 rebounds before halftime.

bdonovan
09-30-2022, 07:23 AM
3 Pt shooting by Halftime
--
Warriors: 4-18 (22.2%)
Wizards: 3-23 (13%)

Im Still Ballin
09-30-2022, 07:46 AM
If Wiseman pans out the league is phucc'd.

bdonovan
09-30-2022, 08:22 AM
If Wiseman pans out the league is phucc'd.

I think so. He showed decent rim protection skills. It gives GSW a different look on defense. Very different than charging the lane and dealing with a somewhat immobile Kevon Looney who neither has hops nor reach. Wiseman redirected a few Wizards charging into the paint.

He still commits pointless fouls but as it is he will likely only be on the court 20 min a game or so- or that is my guess on it, in which case he has time to learn how to play D w/out fouling since hard to accumulate 6 in that timeframe.

Unlike his first year, he didn't seem like a newbie deer in headlights.

Real Men Wear Green
09-30-2022, 09:00 AM
If they flew into Japan a lot of them could be jetlagged

Axe
09-30-2022, 09:10 AM
James wiseman carrying stephen curry to his first preseason win with 20 points. :biggums: :bowdown: :bowdown:

bdonovan
09-30-2022, 09:37 AM
James wiseman carrying stephen curry to his first preseason win with 20 points. :biggums: :bowdown: :bowdown:

This is how we differ from other fans. We realize basketball is a team sport. One reason we win.

bdonovan
09-30-2022, 09:40 AM

Could have been. They arrived Weds mid-day in Japan, then played today (Friday) eve. Given they can practice there almost as well as here, would be better if they got there a few days earlier.

source: https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/09/27/warriors-take-off-for-preseason-trip-to-japan-pair-of-games-vs-wizards/

Xiao Yao You
09-30-2022, 09:42 AM

if?

Real Men Wear Green
09-30-2022, 09:49 AM
I dont know much of the story.