PDA

View Full Version : Sum up Lebran James career in one sentence

Nikola_
10-02-2022, 04:52 AM
https://youtu.be/jQA4w1qwfFc?t=49

Words never translitered better his goatness :applause:

pandiani17
10-02-2022, 04:58 AM
The most scrutinized player of all-time.

TheGoatest
10-02-2022, 06:48 AM
Most hyped player ever entering the league, who still somehow managed to exceed his expectations.

coin24
10-02-2022, 06:59 AM
Comes up tiny where it counts

Manny98
10-02-2022, 07:50 AM

FultzNationRISE
10-02-2022, 09:14 AM
A single sentence is insufficient to praise him like we should.

Full Court
10-02-2022, 09:29 AM
A single sentence is insufficient to praise him like we should.

Agreed. Here is an entire ode:

Ode to Lebron James

He came to the league with great expectations,
They dubbed him The Chosen One.
He gave himself the name King James,
His haters called him LeBum.

Athleticism carried him to great heights,
But he couldn't win a chip,
So he told the Cavs, "See you later!"
And turned around and jumped ship.

He switched his number to twenty-three;
Like Mike he wanted to be.
But Mike's shoes were too big - he couldn't fill them,
As it was plain to see.

His fanboys would say, "Just watch him play,
He gets rebounds, assists, and such."
Good stats he got, but they mattered not
'Cause he couldn't come through in the clutch.

The problem was, he couldn't win a title,
'Til he found a brilliant solution.
He'd get his ring one way or another,
By tampering and collusion.

He won three finals and lost six more,
His fans forgave his losing.
"It's his teammate's fault," they always would say,
As they clung to the stats of their choosing.

Twenty twenty came - the year of the bubble,
He brought the Heat to their knees.
But he couldn't repeat, because Anthony Davis
Got injured by a stiff breeze.

Bronie became desperate; he needed more rings.
So his War Room came up with a plan.
If anybody can save the Lakers
Surely Russ Westbrick can.

"A storm is a-comin'," Lebron proclaimed,
But he said it a little too soon.
When the post-season arrived, where was Bronie?
Kicked back on a beach in Cancun.

Now he's got four rings and three asterisks
But he never was quite the best,
He got smashed by Durant, crushed by Kawhi,
And sonned by Delonte West.

sdot_thadon
10-02-2022, 10:07 AM
Agreed. Here is an entire ode:

Ode to Lebron James

He came to the league with great expectations,
They dubbed him The Chosen One.
He gave himself the name King James,
His haters called him LeBum.

Athleticism carried him to great heights,
But he couldn't win a chip,
So he told the Cavs, "See you later!"
And turned around and jumped ship.

He switched his number to twenty-three;
Like Mike he wanted to be.
But Mike's shoes were too big - he couldn't fill them,
As it was plain to see.

His fanboys would say, "Just watch him play,
He gets rebounds, assists, and such."
Good stats he got, but they mattered not
'Cause he couldn't come through in the clutch.

The problem was, he couldn't win a title,
'Til he found a brilliant solution.
He'd get his ring one way or another,
By tampering and collusion.

He won three finals and lost six more,
His fans forgave his losing.
"It's his teammate's fault," they always would say,
As they clung to the stats of their choosing.

Twenty twenty came - the year of the bubble,
He brought the Heat to their knees.
But he couldn't repeat, because Anthony Davis
Got injured by a stiff breeze.

Bronie became desperate; he needed more rings.
So his War Room came up with a plan.
If anybody can save the Lakers
Surely Russ Westbrick can.

"A storm is a-comin'," Lebron proclaimed,
But he said it a little too soon.
When the post-season arrived, where was Bronie?
Kicked back on a beach in Cancun.

Now he's got four rings and three asterisks
But he never was quite the best,
He got smashed by Durant, crushed by Kawhi,
And sonned by Delonte West.

Now THAT'S what I call dedication, LeGOATish got boys out here writing poems.

1987_Lakers
10-02-2022, 11:12 AM

:oldlol:

Full Court
10-02-2022, 11:24 AM

:oldlol:

Don't be jealous, homies. :lol

TheMan
10-02-2022, 12:52 PM
"Tried colluding but got outcolluded by someone else"

1987_Lakers
10-02-2022, 12:59 PM
Most hyped player ever entering the league, who still somehow managed to exceed his expectations.

Pretty much.

FilmyCogTurner
10-02-2022, 01:20 PM
Call me a hater if you want but his career is pretty much a failure for what it should have been. Stats, rings... whatever.. the man is not respected and it is well deserved.

ShawkFactory
10-02-2022, 02:54 PM
Call me a hater if you want but his career is pretty much a failure for what it should have been. Stats, rings... whatever.. the man is not respected and it is well deserved.

What should it have been?

SouBeachTalents
10-02-2022, 02:58 PM
I won't call you a hater, just an idiot.

Full Court
10-02-2022, 03:46 PM

Not five, not six, not seven...

kawhileonard2
10-02-2022, 10:19 PM
Lost with HCA to a career loser in Dwight Howard. Won bronze medal with peak Tim Duncan/Allen Iverson.

ShawkFactory
10-02-2022, 10:25 PM
Don't be jealous, homies. :lol

Trust me, no one is jealous of you.

Full Court
10-02-2022, 10:40 PM
Trust me, no one is jealous of you.

Trust me, Bronies are jealous of my wit.

HylianNightmare
10-03-2022, 03:31 PM
4/10

Spurs m8
10-03-2022, 04:54 PM
Nothing without prime, top tier help.

Wally450
10-03-2022, 05:49 PM
One of the greatest players to ever play.

FilmyCogTurner
10-03-2022, 09:02 PM

Plenty of things that I'm too lazy to type out but an obvious one is for a man who is 6'8 and 260lb it would have been nice had he played like a physical force instead of a guy who acts like he's been shot by cannon when a hand grazes his face. He can have been the Shaq diesel of perimeter players. Waste.

I won't call you a hater, just an idiot.

Yeah this doesn't mean much coming from you but carry on...

ShawkFactory
10-03-2022, 10:09 PM
Plenty of things that I'm too lazy to type out but an obvious one is for a man who is 6'8 and 260lb it would have been nice had he played like a physical force instead of a guy who acts like he's been shot by cannon when a hand grazes his face. He can have been the Shaq diesel of perimeter players. Waste.

Yeah this doesn't mean much coming from you but carry on...
See that’s a confusing one to me. One one hand you have people (rightfully) complaining about the flopping...but then on the other there’s people complaining about how all he can do is be big and strong and bully his way to the rim.

Choosing the play to the refs at times doesn’t mean his strength hasn’t been a huge part of his game. It obviously has.

3ba11
10-03-2022, 10:13 PM
Lebron never evolved out of ball-dominant offenses that revolve around him, so he's an all-time fraud that never learned how to play great basketball and simply fooled the media into creating a bunch of false narratives about him to cover up his lottery record on the championship level.

His skillset imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, so zero young players developed into a viable producers on his watch..

Since he lacks the teammate development, fits and brand of ball to win organically, he's forced to pursue talent-based winning (team-hopping, all-star team strategy).. Meanwhile, peers like Kawhi and Curry develop the best brands of ball in the league, #1 offenses, high assist teams and the highest team ceilings/Finals records..

This superior brand of ball allows them to win with less supporting talent and secondary producers like like Wiggins or Klay instead of elite producers like AD, Wade and star-scorers at 3rd option.

FilmyCogTurner
10-04-2022, 11:32 AM
See that’s a confusing one to me. One one hand you have people (rightfully) complaining about the flopping...but then on the other there’s people complaining about how all he can do is be big and strong and bully his way to the rim.

Choosing the play to the refs at times doesn’t mean his strength hasn’t been a huge part of his game. It obviously has.

I would have hated to see him bully and bulldoze his way to the cup but at least respected him for it. Play to your strengths but now only that... act like it. Instead he has made a career of flopping and looking for the call. Hardly GOAT material just from this action alone. Jordan. Kobe. Bird.... never would stoop this low. They played basketball and would beat you straight up.

SATAN
10-04-2022, 11:50 AM
"He's extremely good at basketball and all things said, is a good role model."

Or alternatively...

"The guy that makes people like OP feel enough hatred within their soul that they can't stop watching what he does to feel more, which is actually pretty funny when you think about it"

ShawkFactory
10-04-2022, 12:02 PM
I would have hated to see him bully and bulldoze his way to the cup but at least respected him for it. Play to your strengths but now only that... act like it. Instead he has made a career of flopping and looking for the call. Hardly GOAT material just from this action alone. Jordan. Kobe. Bird.... never would stoop this low. They played basketball and would beat you straight up.

That's what I'm saying. It's...a huge part of his game.

The ridiculous flops happen occasionally. And as annoying and cringey as they are, that's about it.

He's been scoring 27 points a game for 18 years. I'd say he's played to his strengths very effectively.

FilmyCogTurner
10-04-2022, 05:15 PM
That's what I'm saying. It's...a huge part of his game.

The ridiculous flops happen occasionally. And as annoying and cringey as they are, that's about it.

He's been scoring 27 points a game for 18 years. I'd say he's played to his strengths very effectively.

I would agree the physicality is a huge part of his game, hard not to when you're that size but it could have been so much more for a player who is 6'8 260lb and with guard skills.

Let's be honest, he has rarely reached Giannis type level for physical play and who he is as a person is to take the easy way out. He could have zero championships and at least competed like a man I would have a ton more respect for the guy.

ShawkFactory
10-04-2022, 05:43 PM
I would agree the physicality is a huge part of his game, hard not to when you're that size but it could have been so much more for a player who is 6'8 260lb and with guard skills.

Let's be honest, he has rarely reached Giannis type level for physical play and who he is as a person is to take the easy way out. He could have zero championships and at least competed like a man I would have a ton more respect for the guy.

Giannis is different though because he’s 6’11 and long. Lebron doesn’t have that size/length at all.

From a very early age he was a very physical player though. Using his body to get where he wants to on the court has never been a knock.

I agree with the quitting and taking the easy way out, big picture wise. But he’s not a James harden or Trae young who flopped and bitched his way to scoring more than they maybe should have.

FilmyCogTurner
10-04-2022, 06:28 PM
Giannis is different though because he’s 6’11 and long. Lebron doesn’t have that size/length at all.

From a very early age he was a very physical player though. Using his body to get where he wants to on the court has never been a knock.

I agree with the quitting and taking the easy way out, big picture wise. But he’s not a James harden or Trae young who flopped and bitched his way to scoring more than they maybe should have.

Yeah I did consider the length and height of Giannis when making my post but do feel Bron brings his own set of physical gifts (no homo Fultz) to the table. I guess it's moreso than mentality behind it all that I was looking for...

Jasper
10-04-2022, 06:29 PM
not one not two , not three , slash dash , splash , but never carried a team like Giannis ... lol (.)

Full Court
10-04-2022, 06:56 PM
Hey, OP, can I sum up his career with a haiku instead of a sentence?

He won four of ten
His flopping was world renowned
Fringe top ten at best

ShawkFactory
10-04-2022, 07:09 PM
Yeah I did consider the length and height of Giannis when making my post but do feel Bron brings his own set of physical gifts (no homo Fultz) to the table. I guess it's moreso than mentality behind it all that I was looking for...

Yea I mean I get that. Like I said big picture wise I can see a gripe with his mentality. But on the court he uses his strength and athleticism.

To this day people still knock his skill set and say that he got where he is because he’s big and powerful.

k 96
10-05-2022, 05:14 AM
Espn hype job

LeGoat4Life
10-05-2022, 09:23 AM
LeBronze , a disgrace to USA basketball

Lebron23
10-05-2022, 10:55 AM
Best ever

kawhileonard2
10-12-2022, 02:43 PM
Comes up tiny where it counts