PDA

View Full Version : Who are the top footballers in the game right now?

FultzNationRISE
10-02-2022, 03:15 PM
I played pretty high level competitive soccer as a lad, but never really had much exposure to watching the overseas pro game.

Ofc it's easy to tell just from word of mouth that Messi and Ronaldo are the two best players in the world the last 10-15 years, and it sounds like Haaland is the generational talent of the future. But I dont follow closely enough to know if those guys are the best right now, or if Messi/Ronaldo are a bit past it and Haaland isnt quite there yet.

Where do they rank currently, and who else is up there in the top 5 to 10?

People in the know, who ya got as the top footballers on the scene right now?

Manny98
10-02-2022, 03:58 PM
Ronaldo is kinda washed.

Messi is still probably the best in the world right now I'd say

1. Messi
2. De Bruyne
3. Benzema
4. Lewandoski
5. Haaland

Honorable mentions

Neymar
Mbappe
Ronaldo
Salah
Kimmich

FultzNationRISE
10-02-2022, 04:05 PM
Ronaldo is kinda washed.

Messi is still probably the best in the world right now I'd say

1. Messi
2. De Bruyne
3. Benzema
4. Lewandoski
5. Haaland

Honorable mentions

Neymar
Mbappe
Ronaldo
Salah
Kimmich

Right on. Ill have to check out some highlights from those guys on YT, get myself more acquainted with the scene. Appreciate ya :pimp:

ArbitraryWater
10-02-2022, 07:39 PM
Neymar is probably the BITW right now.

Others have already been mentioned.

Ronnie isn't really "washed", more on a shit team and wants out.

Just last year he still ended 2nd in goal scoring in the Premier League.

Messi is having a nice rebound season, worth watching again this year.

That PSG team is like the Nets, screw em :lol

BurningHammer
10-03-2022, 02:02 PM
Haaland should be on the very top of any lists by now.

jstern
10-04-2022, 01:49 AM
Let me try it again.

It makes sense that FultzNationRISE played a sport as a lad at a high competitive level. Let's see. It really matches his taking on the world personality. And I don't mean he's literally taking on the whole world, or even a single individual. It's just a saying. I have to be careful with how I word these thing, else the comment might get deleted. (Reported by A-x-e???)

But yeah, very positive.

The only player that I'm familiar with is Ronaldo from the 1998 World Cup. I just got a Ricki Martin, The Cup of Life flashback.

Axe
10-04-2022, 02:10 AM
Meltdown.

dankok8
10-04-2022, 12:48 PM
Ronaldo isn't washed but he hasn't been a top 5 player for some time. He's still top 10/15 though.

My top 5 right now:
1. Messi - just too much playmaking insanity for a while and still scoring goals
2. Neymar - Messi lite; if he stays healthy could be #1 over Messi
3. Haaland - still hasn't proven he can stay healthy for a whole season but his goalscoring numbers are bonkers this season
4. Lewandowski - new team, same beast!
5. Benzema - injuries to start the season..

Although Benzema is deservedly the Ballon D'Or winner this year after a great CL run.

FultzNationRISE
10-04-2022, 01:10 PM
As I said I havent watched much club level, I do watch World Cups which Im sure has a slightly different dynamic. The two guys who stood out to me the last couple WC’s were KDB and Mbappe, tho Im sure it’s harder for guys like Salah and Lewandowsky to shine on national teams that are meh. Neymar seemed underwhelming to me relative to the hype, but again I assume international play is a bit different than club, and even then it’s just one tournament every four years, not much of a sample size.

If Haaland is the beast hes been predicted to be, Man City oughtta be a hell of a powerhouse with him and KDB, no?

ArbitraryWater
10-05-2022, 09:42 AM
Ronaldo isn't washed but he hasn't been a top 5 player for some time. He's still top 10/15 though.

My top 5 right now:
1. Messi - just too much playmaking insanity for a while and still scoring goals
2. Neymar - Messi lite; if he stays healthy could be #1 over Messi
3. Haaland - still hasn't proven he can stay healthy for a whole season but his goalscoring numbers are bonkers this season
4. Lewandowski - new team, same beast!
5. Benzema - injuries to start the season..

Although Benzema is deservedly the Ballon D'Or winner this year after a great CL run.

ignore everything uttered by this clown :lol

dankok8
10-05-2022, 10:28 AM
ignore everything uttered by this clown :lol

Ronaldo now just isn't top 5. And by the way the top 5 in the world is quite flexible these days. No one is head and shoulders above. Any of the five above can be argued for #1 and I won't really disagree much. You could probably add some names like Mbappe and De Bruyne as well.

Charlie Sheen
10-05-2022, 01:05 PM
As I said I havent watched much club level, I do watch World Cups which Im sure has a slightly different dynamic. The two guys who stood out to me the last couple WC’s were KDB and Mbappe, tho Im sure it’s harder for guys like Salah and Lewandowsky to shine on national teams that are meh. Neymar seemed underwhelming to me relative to the hype, but again I assume international play is a bit different than club, and even then it’s just one tournament every four years, not much of a sample size.

If Haaland is the beast hes been predicted to be, Man City oughtta be a hell of a powerhouse with him and KDB, no?

Champions League games continue today. That's as good of a spot as any to jump in. :cheers: