PDA

View Full Version : Could Westbrick theoretically win an MVP as a tank commander?

FultzNationRISE
10-15-2022, 03:32 PM
Tanking itself isnt actually that easy because players dont really tank, they couldnt give a shit about some future draft prospect coming to the team to take their minutes away. The coaches can try to do it a little bit but it's hard without being too obvious.

You basically need players who will suck absolute horse ***** even despite actually trying to win.

Enter Russell Westbrook.

If he got sent to some team that's trying to win the lottery, and got heavy minutes... he could likely lead them to the worst record in the league, maybe in history. He would be a beast as a designated tank commander. Could it be argued he'd be the most 'valuable' player in the league in that context?

Keep in mind this is the same guy LeKing is supposed to try and WIN with this season :lol

Heavy lies the mother****in crown, I'll tell ya that much.

pandiani17
10-15-2022, 03:50 PM
Nobody can win an MVP without getting their team to the play-offs lol

Full Court
10-15-2022, 10:36 PM
Tanking itself isnt actually that easy because players dont really tank, they couldnt give a shit about some future draft prospect coming to the team to take their minutes away. The coaches can try to do it a little bit but it's hard without being too obvious.

You basically need players who will suck absolute horse ***** even despite actually trying to win.

Enter Russell Westbrook.

If he got sent to some team that's trying to win the lottery, and got heavy minutes... he could likely lead them to the worst record in the league, maybe in history. He would be a beast as a designated tank commander. Could it be argued he'd be the most 'valuable' player in the league in that context?

Keep in mind this is the same guy LeKing is supposed to try and WIN with this season :lol

Heavy lies the mother****in crown, I'll tell ya that much.

I do agree that if AD gets injured the Lakers should tank as hard as they can.

TAZORAC
10-15-2022, 11:15 PM
I've always said Westbrook is a bigger Allen Iverson. He could be an MVP candidate on a play in team, maybe.

Then again with the emergency of new superstars like Morant, Ball probably not.

FultzNationRISE
10-15-2022, 11:54 PM
I do agree that if AD gets injured the Lakers should tank as hard as they can.

Why the **** would the Lakers tank, their captain and biggest superstar, Lebron James, literally only needs a ball to win. Unlike Mike Jordan who couldnt win dickcheese until Along Came Scottie.

Sometimes you dont make no ****in sense.

Pitbull
10-15-2022, 11:56 PM
Lakers pick is owned by Pelicans.

FultzNationRISE
10-16-2022, 12:01 AM
Lakers pick is owned by Pelicans.

God damn.

Imagine if Lebron gets hurt and Westbrook doesnt get traded, the Pelicans could legitimately be in contention for the top pick.

Wembanyama + Zion?? Holy jesus.

Altho the odds of them BOTH staying healthy for the majority of their careers feels infinitesimal :lol

Full Court
10-16-2022, 12:14 AM
Why the **** would the Lakers tank, their captain and biggest superstar, Lebron James, literally only needs a ball to win. Unlike Mike Jordan who couldnt win dickcheese until Along Came Scottie.

Sometimes you dont make no ****in sense.

Lakers need to give him the ball then. It seems they kept the ball away from him all preseason.