PDA

View Full Version : This upcoming NBA season feels like a true toss-up

Street Hunger
10-15-2022, 11:50 PM
I have no idea who might win the 2023 NBA championship, and that's a good thing. It feels like there are a ton of contenders. It seems like there might be at least three contenders from each conference with a legit shot at reaching the finals, on paper at least.

Pitbull
10-15-2022, 11:58 PM
I have no idea who might win the 2023 NBA championship, and that's a good thing. It feels like there are a ton of contenders. It seems like there might be at least three contenders from each conference with a legit shot at reaching the finals, on paper at least.

I feel Warriors in West is somewhat favorite, but East is open.

TheGoatest
10-16-2022, 03:25 AM
It will be just like the previous 2 seasons: There is a pool of 7-8 teams who can win, and the one who manages to avoid injuries the most will end up winning.

Manny98
10-16-2022, 06:43 AM
Meh not really, barring injuries Nets and Warriors are clearly ahead of the rest of the pack, Bucks have a chance

Xiao Yao You
10-16-2022, 07:56 AM
Meh not really, barring injuries Nets and Warriors are clearly ahead of the rest of the pack, Bucks have a chance

Nets have been ahead of everyone forever it seems now :lol

ArbitraryWater
10-16-2022, 08:14 AM
We said that last year also

Full Court
10-16-2022, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I agree. This year is a tough one to pick. I'm not as high on the Warriors as everyone else. The West seems pretty stacked to me - much more so then last year. The Warriors are going to have a much tougher road than last year if they make it to the finals.

John8204
10-16-2022, 08:31 AM
The Nets have as much of a chance at winning it all or just blowing it all up and trading everyone this season. I could see Kyrie vs Durant in the finals with Durant going to The Heat and Kyrie going to the Lakers. We could see Zion Williamson and Anthony Edwards dueling for MVP this year and a Pelicans/Timberwolves final. We could see Celtics/Warriors II or Bucks/Warriors or Suns/Celtics. This is a wide open season

TheGoatest
10-16-2022, 09:34 AM

His trolling game is weak.
Nets got swept by a team whose entire core will be a year older in a good way, yet they're supposed to beat the Celtics with a #1 guy who will be a year older in a bad way.

Xiao Yao You
10-16-2022, 10:33 AM
Nets got swept by a team whose entire core will be a year older in a good way, yet they're supposed to beat the Celtics with a #1 guy who will be a year older in a bad way.

and that's not mention the shit show that is Kyrie

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2022, 11:03 AM

Nets are preseason dynasty.

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2022, 11:07 AM
The warriors are a serious favorite. They are basically adding a #1 pick to the team that already won the championship. The rest of the league needs Green to lose his mind and even that may not be enough. The East should have more parity but if Robert Williams can play in the whole postseason I pick Celtics.

ShawkFactory
10-16-2022, 11:25 AM
Feels like not enough people are talking about Milwaukee. Throwing odds aside, they’re who I’d bet on. If they’re healthy they’re the best team with the best player IMO.

Manny98
10-16-2022, 12:07 PM
Yes because we definitely weren't missing Harris and Simmons that series :facepalm

TheGoatest
10-16-2022, 01:58 PM
Yes because we definitely weren't missing Harris and Simmons that series :facepalm

Yes, because the Celtics definitely weren't missing Robert Williams that series and still swept their asses. :facepalm Plus they have Brogdon this season.

Pitbull
10-16-2022, 02:02 PM
I think Lakers waiting for Nets to blow up, to try again for Kyrie. They got cap space for him next summer

SATAN
10-17-2022, 02:37 AM
I think Lakers waiting for Nets to blow up, to try again for Kyrie. They got cap space for him next summer

Even if that happened I'm sure Rob Pelinka would find a way to screw it up.

Manny98
10-17-2022, 03:31 AM
Yes, because the Celtics definitely weren't missing Robert Williams that series and still swept their asses. :facepalm Plus they have Brogdon this season.

Literally every game could have gone either way, it wasn't like they destroyed us and Simmons and Harris would make a bigger difference than Williams and Brogdan

TheGoatest
10-17-2022, 05:39 AM
Literally every game could have gone either way, it wasn't like they destroyed us and Simmons and Harris would make a bigger difference than Williams and Brogdan

Literally every game was won by the Celtics, and no they wouldn't have made the bigger difference.
The biggest difference this time however will be the fact that Tatum and Brown will be 25 and 26 instead of 24 and 25 and Durant will be 34 instead of 33.

Manny98
10-17-2022, 04:01 PM
Literally every game was won by the Celtics, and no they wouldn't have made the bigger difference.
The biggest difference this time however will be the fact that Tatum and Brown will be 25 and 26 instead of 24 and 25 and Durant will be 34 instead of 33.
We'll see...

Xiao Yao You
10-17-2022, 05:36 PM
Even if that happened I'm sure Rob Pelinka would find a way to screw it up.

getting Kyrie isn't screwing up?

Sportal
10-17-2022, 05:37 PM
A lot of teams at "the top" got better, whether getting new assets or people coming back from injury. The teams that'll be impacted the most are the Clippers, the Nuggets the Bucks, the Celtics, and the Nets. All these teams are better instantly just with returning injured players, and the Celtics got Brogdan. In actual fact, then you have the TWolves, and the Pelicans, another year of Miami, another year of the Warriors. This season is gonna be sick. Edit: and even the Mavs too, jesus. Double edit: Shit then you have Mitchell on the Cavs, and you still have the 76ers. Stupid... Woops forgot Memphis.

Full Court
10-17-2022, 06:43 PM
I really think the Celtics getting to the finals last year was kind of a fluke. I'll be shocked if they duplicate it this year.

Although, they did kind of shock me last year, so who knows.