PDA

View Full Version : i don't consider myself a very smart or intelligent person...

diamenz
10-18-2022, 12:30 AM
yet i find the majority of everyday people to be incredibly stupid in one way or the other. it's fu**ing annoying watching the world turn.

people who don't do their jobs right or slack off.

people who don't think before they act or speak.

people who don't have their priorities in order or people that refuse to get their shit together.

procrastinators.

selfish and greedy people.

of course nobody's perfect, but is it really that hard to... just play your part?

maybe i'm just getting old. tell us how you really feel, op.

/rant.

1987_Lakers
10-18-2022, 12:35 AM
People who are not punctual have always annoyed me.

highwhey
10-18-2022, 02:00 AM
as an employer, yes. the excuses these guys make for not showing up to work is facepalm worthy...every time.

SATAN
10-18-2022, 11:15 AM
We all have those thoughts from time to time and are all guilty of not being perfect no matter if we try to be. You are ok, OP.

I don't blame procrastinators for anything to be honest. Greed got us here. What is even progress? How are people's minds feeling? Do they even have time to think? Are we heading for WW3 and possibly the end for us? How often do you meet someone who isn't unreasonably biased about something?

It's all bullshit. Psychopaths ruin everything yet there are no pills to give them.

TheMan
10-18-2022, 11:56 AM
as an employer, yes. the excuses these guys make for not showing up to work is facepalm worthy...every time.

Aren't you an alcoholic though? How can you be an employer while at the same time, be shitfaced for days when you have openly talked about going on days long binges...it doesn't make sense.

hateraid
10-18-2022, 01:26 PM
The worst is entitlement

warriorfan
10-18-2022, 02:27 PM
Aren't you an alcoholic though? How can you be an employer while at the same time, be shitfaced for days when you have openly talked about going on days long binges...it doesn't make sense.

lmao story time featuring highweight, next thing you know he will try tell us he isn’t fat

Patrick Chewing
10-18-2022, 03:18 PM

Maybe they don't show up to work for him because he's an alcoholic, or maybe he's an alcoholic because they don't show up to work for him.

Common denominator = He's an alcoholic

1987_Lakers
10-18-2022, 03:31 PM

I've noticed once employees figure out that their higher ups have major flaws like being an addict or just don't take their job serious they will take advantage of that.

imdaman99
10-19-2022, 12:05 AM
It's true. I lose faith in humanity every day.

I do have some really good friends that keep me sane. Not to mention good successful family.

BurningHammer
10-19-2022, 12:15 AM
It's true. I lose faith in humanity every day.

I do have some really good friends that keep me sane. Not to mention good successful family.

Stay away from here would help even more.

Pitbull
10-19-2022, 12:18 AM
Everyone is clueless

Off the Court
10-19-2022, 11:20 AM
Humans are sheep by nature as proven by religious indoctrination. And too many lack the logic and wisdom to break free from it.

Muslims view Christians as brainwashed
Christians view Muslims as brainwashed
Both lack the wisdom and simple logic to understand that they both are

Biggest mindsets that plague society are black and white thinking (all dems/gop are like this, all blacks/whites are like that) and political victimhood and finger pointing. Everyone needs to stop focusing on other people so much and start focusing on themselves. Your life is on you.

TheMan
10-19-2022, 11:59 AM
I've noticed once employees figure out that their higher ups have major flaws like being an addict or just don't take their job serious they will take advantage of that.

Yep, happened to me too. Back in the late 90s, my dad had a machine shop in MX, we had around a dozen employees. My dad asked me to help my younger brother run the shop while he was going to be away in the US for what turned out to be a couple of years, anyways in my defense I will admit I was an immature single 20 something year old and me and my brother with a couple of friends of ours did too much drinking, partying and messing around with chicks. We sometimes didn't show up until mid day, lol. Needless to say, shit wasn't getting done, even when we hired someone from our machine shop to be in charge. Employees will take advantage when they see management slacking off...

TheMan
10-19-2022, 12:05 PM
Humans are sheep by nature as proven by religious indoctrination. And too many lack the logic and wisdom to break free from it.

Both lack the wisdom and simple logic to understand that they both are

Biggest mindsets that plague society are black and white thinking (all dems/gop are like this, all blacks/whites are like that) and political victimhood and finger pointing. Everyone needs to stop focusing on other people so much and start focusing on themselves. Your life is on you.

Throwing shade at people who believe in God I see. Well if I'm a sheep, you're a sheep too, you belong to Team Blue, you are as guilty of what you accuse those of us who have faith aswell.

Off the Court
10-19-2022, 12:13 PM
Throwing shade at people who believe in God I see. Well you're a sheep too, you belong to Team Blue, you are guilty of what you accuse those who have faith aswell.
Believing in God is much different than religious indoctrination. And I will not be black and white to label all religious people a certain way. There are sane and crazy people in all religions. But the point is that it is impossible for all major religions to be correct so logically it shouldn't be difficult to grasp that they were all invented because that is the nature of human societies and always has been since long before Bible days.

Patrick Chewing
10-19-2022, 12:31 PM
Believing in God is much different than religious indoctrination. And I will not be black and white to label all religious people a certain way. There are sane and crazy people in all religions. But the point is that it is impossible for all major religions to be correct so logically it shouldn't be difficult to grasp that they were all invented because that is the nature of human societies and always has been since long before Bible days.

What is invented? Religion is invented, but everyone knows that. God wasn't invented though. There are undertones in what you write that insinuates that those that "practice" a religion aren't as smart as you, or are somehow weaker and inferior because they believe in something that was invented as you state. Newsflash: Some of the smartest people to ever walk the face of the Earth have belonged to one religion or another.

TheMan
10-19-2022, 12:36 PM

I do understand that and believe me I'm no Bible thumper. I used to be agnostic and believed in science over religion. I still believe in science, don't get me wrong but science can't explain everything. Don't want to sound like a crazy person but I witnessed a miracle with my own eyes and it was after doctors told us nothing could be done and they have no explanation for the complete recovery of a loved one, even to this day. It was also recommended by a doctor we see this Roman Catholic priest who is said to preform miracles, and it was precisely that that happened. I don't want to get into specifics, especially in this forum wrought with trolls

That's why I'm a Catholic today, if I can't believe my owns eyes then nothing would ever convince me. :cheers:

Off the Court
10-19-2022, 12:50 PM
Religion is invented, but everyone knows that.

https://media.tenor.com/4nO578j2ikcAAAAC/nope.gif

I'm not trying to blanket label anyone here. Just saying humans are sheep by nature. There are sane and crazy people in all religions and there are extremely intelligent religious people out there.

But even religious people call those of opposing religions brainwashed. And it's a huge case of this:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2b/77/45/2b77451cb6c82602668cc80f9f413de2.jpg

1987_Lakers
10-19-2022, 02:26 PM
Yep, happened to me too. Back in the late 90s, my dad had a machine shop in MX, we had around a dozen employees. My dad asked me to help my younger brother run the shop while he was going to be away in the US for what turned out to be a couple of years, anyways in my defense I will admit I was an immature single 20 something year old and me and my brother with a couple of friends of ours did too much drinking, partying and messing around with chicks. We sometimes didn't show up until mid day, lol. Needless to say, shit wasn't getting done, even when we hired someone from our machine shop to be in charge. Employees will take advantage when they see management slacking off...

In my early 20s I worked at a place where my friend's brother in law was in charge. He tried to be everyone's friend, I would see people drinking while on the clock, he even me offered me a beer once while working but I turned him down. There was also alot of stealing going on. Needless to say the company got bought out, and a shit ton of people either quit or got fired because of the new changes that rightfully took place.

AlternativeAcc.
10-19-2022, 02:36 PM
Throwing shade at people who believe in God I see. Well if I'm a sheep, you're a sheep too, you belong to Team Blue, you are as guilty of what you accuse those of us who have faith aswell.

Yeah you're an idiot man

Charlie Sheen
10-19-2022, 03:03 PM
https://media.tenor.com/4nO578j2ikcAAAAC/nope.gif

I'm not trying to blanket label anyone here. Just saying humans are sheep by nature. There are sane and crazy people in all religions and there are extremely intelligent religious people out there.

But even religious people call those of opposing religions brainwashed. And it's a huge case of this:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2b/77/45/2b77451cb6c82602668cc80f9f413de2.jpg

What you're describing here is mostly an internet phenomenon. I'm not saying it doesn't exist in day to day life, but it is extremely rare in my experience.

ShawkFactory
10-19-2022, 04:03 PM
I do understand that and believe me I'm no Bible thumper. I used to be agnostic and believed in science over religion. I still believe in science, don't get me wrong but science can't explain everything. Don't want to sound like a crazy person but I witnessed a miracle with my own eyes and it was after doctors told us nothing could be done and they have no explanation for the complete recovery of a loved one, even to this day. It was also recommended by a doctor we see this Roman Catholic priest who is said to preform miracles, and it was precisely that that happened. I don't want to get into specifics, especially in this forum wrought with trolls

That's why I'm a Catholic today, if I can't believe my owns eyes then nothing would ever convince me. :cheers:

I'll preface this with it's really great that you had a loved one recover when it looked like they wouldn't. Truly. Don't want to minimize that because to me that's what is actually important.

To the bolded: the point of science isn't to explain everything. A thousand years ago or whatever people probably thought that explosions were acts of God. Before that, fire (or whatever derivation of God existed in that time). We know know how and why these events take place.

Just because an event can't currently be explained doesn't mean that it's a divine act that caused it. Humanity will die off long before we understand the intricacies within ourselves and with our natural world but it doesn't necessarily make it more than just that: a series of (seemingly) infinite interactions. Now when you go beyond humanity/earth/whatever we can tangibly be a part of? That's where the God vs Science conversation gets muddier to me.

TheMan
10-19-2022, 04:29 PM
Yeah you're an idiot man

Suck my d*ck

Patrick Chewing
10-19-2022, 04:52 PM
Suck my d*ck

Dios mio!

https://media.tenor.com/WN7ZZr0FBdUAAAAM/sign-of-the-cross-catholic.gif

SATAN
10-19-2022, 05:59 PM

This is a pretty big generalization.

Off the Court
10-19-2022, 06:08 PM
This is a pretty big generalization.
How else could it be?

highwhey
10-19-2022, 07:25 PM
Yeah you're an idiot man

:oldlol:

Nanners
10-20-2022, 12:21 AM
Yeah it sometimes bothers me that I am surrounded by idiots... but then I remember that I am an idiot too, and that I should be focusing on things I can change (my own idiocy) instead of things I cant (everybody elses idiocy)

Lebron23
10-30-2022, 02:49 AM
yet i find the majority of everyday people to be incredibly stupid in one way or the other. it's fu**ing annoying watching the world turn.

people who don't have their priorities in order or people that refuse to get their shit together.

procrastinators.

of course nobody's perfect, but is it really that hard to... just play your part?

/rant.

You are fat

You are Black

You also have a short d1ck

Just kill yourself fat boy

Lebron23
10-30-2022, 03:10 AM

procrastinators.

/rant.

Do you still wear some diapers in your short??

Lebron23
10-30-2022, 03:59 AM
I am not racists to black folks. Diamenz is just getting on my nerves.

Red Pill Sports
11-16-2022, 02:24 AM
It seems that people on either side of the political aisle (particularly on the left) can't argue in good faith about anything. The main tactic is to always assume the worst traits and motivations in those you disagree with.

Nanners
11-20-2022, 08:09 AM
Yeah you're an idiot man

TheMan is an idiot, but hes 100% correct in this particular instance.

I love how "intelligent" liberals and atheists will condemn religious people for blindly believing something, yet none of them have ever bothered to attempt to check a single one of the claims made by the free-mason scientists they blindly revere... If these "intelligent" individuals did attempt to check the sources of their beliefs, I wonder what they would think about the fact that virtually every famous western enlightenment scientist was directly funded and promoted by the Vatican.

LLL3
11-21-2022, 10:50 AM
You are fat

You are Black

You also have a short d1ck

Just kill yourself fat boy

Why are you so dark when your sister is so pale? Different daddy?

GimmeThat
11-25-2022, 08:51 AM
there are 2 types of people, one are those being proud of being able to be bought, the other being those that says by the time you get to the point where you are putting together an offer to buy me, you're better off saying 'lets be on the same team'.