10-21-2022, 12:44 PM
Who's the greater player?

I find this a really perfect comparison because both guys were:
- point guards
- pre-3pt revolution guys
- elevated their games in the playoffs and had exceptional intangibles
- main cogs on two historic teams
- similar in longevity with around 7 prime seasons

But of course they have different games!

1987_Lakers
10-21-2022, 12:53 PM
More people will say Isiah, but to me Frazier is better. Much better defender and Frazier was one of the more efficient scorers in his day unlike Isiah who was usually average/below average in terms of efficiency. Although I can for sure see a case for Isiah, better playmaker and played against better competition.

John8204
10-21-2022, 02:45 PM
Frazier, best PG of the 70's vs 3rd best PG of the 80's. While Thomas was good his inability to be healthy cost two teammates HOF spots (Mark Aguirre, Bill Laombeer) while Frazier was able to get many of his teammates in the hall.

L.Kizzle
10-21-2022, 04:14 PM
Frazier, best PG of the 70's vs 3rd best PG of the 80's. While Thomas was good his inability to be healthy cost two teammates HOF spots (Mark Aguirre, Bill Laombeer) while Frazier was able to get many of his teammates in the hall.
3rd best, who was 2nd?

John8204
10-21-2022, 04:17 PM
3rd best, who was 2nd?

The guy with two unbreakable career records

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNDMyMjUyMzgtYjYzZS00ZDBjLWIwY2QtZDZhMDUyMGVmMm ViL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDkwMzY5NjQ@._V1 _FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

1987_Lakers
10-21-2022, 04:20 PM
3rd best, who was 2nd?

His list in another thread...

1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Curry
4. Stockton
5. CPIII
6. Frazier
7. Kidd
8. Isiah
9. Archibald
10. Cousy
11. Payton
12. Nash
13. Moncrief
14. Parker
15. D Johnson
16. Westbrook
17. Monroe
18. K. Johnson
19. Hardaway
20. Kyrie
21. Price
22. Jackson
23. Goodrich
24. Bing
25.Wilkens
26. Cheeks
27. D. Williams
28. Rondo
29. Billups
30. S. Martin

I'm guessing he means Stockton? But a chunk of Isiah's prime happened when Stockton wasn't even in the league yet or considered a top tier PG yet, lol.

How is Stockton ahead of Isiah in the 80's when Stockton didn't become top tier until '88 or so?

SouBeachTalents
10-21-2022, 04:27 PM

I'm guessing he means Stockton? But a chunk of Isiah's prime happened when Stockton wasn't even in the league yet or considered a top tier PG yet, lol.

How is Stockton ahead of Isiah in the 80's when Stockton didn't become top tier until '88 or so?
This is the same person who has Shaq ranked 25th, and in the SG discussion had Reggie ahead of Wade & Maravich ahead of Harden. His terrible rankings are endless :lol

John8204
10-21-2022, 05:17 PM

Isiah was born in 1961, Stockton was born in 1962, Stockton won the assist title 3 times in the 80's, Magic won it 4 times, Stockton is the only player to break 14 assists per season

This is the same person who has Shaq ranked 25th, and in the SG discussion had Reggie ahead of Wade & Maravich ahead of Harden. His terrible rankings are endless :lol

Reggie Miller - 25,279
Dwayne Wade - 23,165
Pete Maravich - 15,948

PPG
Pete Maravich - (24.2 ppg)
Dwayne Wade - (22.0 ppg)
Reggie Miller - (18.2 ppg)

I'd knock you for you opinions but don't know what they are because you are to much of a coward to make them.

imdaman99
10-21-2022, 05:18 PM
Clyde. I didn't watch him but he's one of the greatest guard defenders I have never watched.

L.Kizzle
10-21-2022, 06:04 PM
The guy with two unbreakable career records

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNDMyMjUyMzgtYjYzZS00ZDBjLWIwY2QtZDZhMDUyMGVmMm ViL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDkwMzY5NjQ@._V1 _FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
Career wise sure, but you clearly said the decade of the 80s. Stockton didn't start making noise until like his 4th season, the end of the decade.

Lee
10-21-2022, 06:11 PM
I go with Frazier, they are close in everything but Frazier 7 team All-Defense over ISIAH Thomas 0!

Pitbull
10-21-2022, 06:13 PM
Isiah Thomas was Best player on 2 time championship team that beat MJ alot of times. Isiah Thomas > Walt Frazier

John8204
10-21-2022, 06:25 PM
Career wise sure, but you clearly said the decade of the 80s. Stockton didn't start making noise until like his 4th season, the end of the decade.

Stockton put up MVP level numbers at the end of the decade, Isiah won titles at the end of the decade. Thomas wasn't exactly setting the world on fire for the early part of the decade either.

L.Kizzle
10-21-2022, 06:37 PM
Stockton put up MVP level numbers at the end of the decade, Isiah won titles at the end of the decade. Thomas wasn't exactly setting the world on fire for the early part of the decade either.
Stockton wasn't even a starter his his 1st 3 seasons. Meanwhile Thomas was an All-Star every season. Not even mentioning his two Finals appearances in the decade.
Career wise, sure
80s - Thomas, no question.

tontoz
10-21-2022, 07:10 PM
Isiah Thomas was Best player on 2 time championship team that beat MJ alot of times. Isiah Thomas > Walt Frazier

Isiah wasn't even the best guard on those teams.

L.Kizzle
10-21-2022, 07:20 PM
Isiah wasn't even the best guard on those teams.
Joe Dumars wasn't better than Isiah.

tontoz
10-21-2022, 07:59 PM
Joe Dumars wasn't better than Isiah.

He was during their title runs. He was All NBA and first team All NBA defense. Isiah was neither.

L.Kizzle
10-21-2022, 08:12 PM
He was during their title runs. He was All NBA and first team All NBA defense. Isiah was neither.
Dennis Rodman was making All NBA and All Defense as well. Was he above Isiah?
Isiah literally never made an All NBA team after 1987, when he made those comments towards Bird. So when they started winning, he started losing his accolades.
Dale Ellis and Fat Lever was making All NBA teams over Isiah. No one was picking them over Isiah.
Every knows who team it was.

tontoz
10-21-2022, 08:15 PM
Isiah literally never made an All NBA team after 1987, when he made those comments towards Bird. So when they started winning, he started losing his accolades.
Dale Ellis and Fat Lever was making All NBA teams over Isiah. No one was picking them over Isiah.

Detroits strength was their defense. Do you think that was because of Isiah?

Isiah was a weak shooter from everywhere outside 3 feet, including the foul line.

They also had maybe the best bench in the league.

dankok8
10-22-2022, 04:21 PM
Detroits strength was their defense. Do you think that was because of Isiah?

Isiah was a weak shooter from everywhere outside 3 feet, including the foul line.

They also had maybe the best bench in the league.

The point about Isiah's shooting isn't true. He had a really really good midrange jumper.

1987_Lakers
10-22-2022, 04:23 PM
The point about Isiah's shooting isn't true. He had a really really good midrange jumper.

No he didn't.

1987_Lakers
10-22-2022, 04:31 PM

Find it hilarious how you use lack of All-NBA teams against McHale, but have tons of excuses to why Isiah didn't make them after '87. :oldlol:

The truth is, the league was stacked with good guards by the late 80's and Isiah's numbers started to decline.

Axe
10-22-2022, 04:38 PM
True. Thomas was undefeated versus jordan in multiple playoff series until then came along the implementation of the flagrant foul into the league.

L.Kizzle
10-22-2022, 05:53 PM
Find it hilarious how you use lack of All-NBA teams against McHale, but have tons of excuses to why Isiah didn't make them after '87. :oldlol:

The truth is, the league was stacked with good guards by the late 80's and Isiah's numbers started to decline.
I knew that would reel you in, :oldlol:
Truth be told - Frazier six time All NBA, Thomas five time All NBA, McHale one time All NBA.
I actually have Frazier over Thomas. Was just replying to the Joe Dumars over Thomas reference when they played together and NO ONE thought that. Maybe around 92 sure. Not from 88-91.

dankok8
10-22-2022, 07:01 PM
No he didn't.

This comment just about proves you never watched him play.

1987_Lakers
10-22-2022, 07:09 PM
This comment just about proves you never watched him play.

This comment just about proved you never watched him play. He was never known as a shooter.