PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets and warriors on ESPN tonight.

Kblaze8855
10-21-2022, 09:24 PM
Hopefully curry or poole can pick on Jokic until he commits a war crime. If he’s angry it will be a long night for Dray though.

Spurs m8
10-21-2022, 09:30 PM
Would love to see tough guy Dray be Mr Tough guy to Jokic

Kblaze8855
10-21-2022, 09:35 PM
If I Remember correctly they have a good respect for each other. Physical defensive players often respect the guys who don’t back down.

FultzNationRISE
10-21-2022, 09:37 PM
Hopefully curry or poole can pick on Jokic until he commits a war crime. If he’s angry it will be a long night for Dray though.

See, in this case I can understand why a team would grudgingly switch on defense even if it means isolating their big against a guard. Curry obviously, and even Poole, are guys who can punish you off a pick if you give them that half second to free up and take a clear shot.

But like, is the average Colin Sexton out there really gonna carve you up with off the dribble pulls ups while you fight thru picks? I feel like the isos they end up getting versus big immobile centers are actually easier for them at this point than taking a long pull-up two off the screen.

It’s been a consistent source of surprise to me over the years how often teams switch in seemingly unnecessary situations. Like I remember seeing teams switch the pick on RONDO, and just being like wtf? Why??

Obviously Im not a coach and Im sure theres more to it than Im suggesting, but I honestly dont get it. I think teams switch TOO much.

Kblaze8855
10-21-2022, 09:48 PM
I made topics about that at one point. Teams switch everything as if everyone is an equal threat and just leave bigs on islands like it’s cool.

FultzNationRISE
10-21-2022, 10:17 PM
Jamal Murray is apparently sitting tonight for “injury management purposes.”

Dude’s injury happened over a YEAR ago, he played restricted minutes in the opener, and this isnt even a back to back.

Thats ****ing embarrassing.

Chuckbe
10-21-2022, 10:47 PM
Who the **** let Dorris Burke out of the kitchen?

warriorfan
10-21-2022, 11:03 PM

Dude’s injury happened over a YEAR ago, he played restricted minutes in the opener, and this isnt even a back to back.

how it’s embarrassing? he tore his acl. all injuries and their recovery are different. he has not played real nba minutes in along time. it’s early in the season and nuggets have a solid team. they are playing the smart move and bringing him back slowly and gradually increasing his playing time. if you just threw him out there as is and asked him to play 35min+ a game every night it would be an extremely irresponsible and short sighted move.

Hakkim90cc
10-21-2022, 11:12 PM
'was that jeff green?'

FultzNationRISE
10-21-2022, 11:13 PM
how it’s embarrassing? he tore his acl. all injuries and their recovery are different. he has not played real nba minutes in along time. it’s early in the season and nuggets have a solid team. they are playing the smart move and bringing him back slowly and gradually increasing his playing time. if you just threw him out there as is and asked him to play 35min+ a game every night it would be an extremely irresponsible and short sighted move.

Dude he was cleared by doctors for the playoffs LAST year, but remained out because he "wasnt comfortable" coming back yet.

He's now had a full offseason on top of that. The injury is healed. He would not be cleared to play if it represented an injury risk.

The fact he is sitting out a national TV game tonight, when they were off last night, and he only played 25 in the opener, is just embarrassing. It's clearly a mental thing NOT a physical thing. If his injury is healed he has no greater risk than any other player out there. He's just being soft and scared, which is what players are apparently encouraged to be these days.

warriorfan
10-21-2022, 11:26 PM
Dude he was cleared by doctors for the playoffs LAST year, but remained out because he "wasnt comfortable" coming back yet.

He's now had a full offseason on top of that. The injury is healed. He would not be cleared to play if it represented an injury risk.

The fact he is sitting out a national TV game tonight, when they were off last night, and he only played 25 in the opener, is just embarrassing. It's clearly a mental thing NOT a physical thing. If his injury is healed he has no greater risk than any other player out there. He's just being soft and scared, which is what players are apparently encouraged to be these days.

quite frankly no one gives a shit if it’s a national televised game. the goal is to make playoffs and win a championship. a national televised win isn’t worth more then the others. it’s a very long season and it’s completely unnecessary to rush him back. if you were in charge and told him to “man up and we expect you to play 35 min a game every night”, it would be a 100 percent full retard move.

let him come back slowly and in a few months he will be ready to go hopefully and firing on all cylinders while peaking in the playoffs. rushing him back and running him down at the beginning of the season makes zero sense.

you are giving emotional solutions instead of using your head

FultzNationRISE
10-21-2022, 11:31 PM
quite frankly no one gives a shit if it’s a national televised game. the goal is to make playoffs and win a championship. a national televised win isn’t worth more then the others. it’s a very long season and it’s completely unnecessary to rush him back. if you were in charge and told him to “man up and we expect you to play 35 min a game every night”, it would be a 100 percent full retard move.

let him come back slowly and in a few months he will be ready to go hopefully and firing on all cylinders while peaking in the playoffs. rushing him back and running him down at the beginning of the season makes zero sense.

Rush him? You know he's medically cleared to play just like any other player, right? He's healed from his injury. There is no additional risk having him resume the schedule he played previously and every other player is playing. By that logic they should sit Jokic until after the all star break to make sure he never gets hurt.

They're sitting him basically out of fear of the CRITICISM they would get if he played like normal and somehow got hurt again. THAT is emotional, not rational. There is no logical reason for him to sit more than any other player. Unless theres some medical evidence available I'm unaware of.

Spurs m8
10-21-2022, 11:35 PM

Exactly.

Chuckbe
10-21-2022, 11:37 PM

He's playing tomorrow against OKC

warriorfan
10-21-2022, 11:38 PM
Rush him? You know he's medically cleared to play just like any other player, right? He's healed from his injury. There is no additional risk having him resume the schedule he played previously and every other player is playing. By that logic they should sit Jokic until after the all star break to make sure he never gets hurt.

They're sitting him basically out of fear of the CRITICISM they would get if he played like normal and somehow got hurt again. THAT is emotional, not rational. There is no logical reason for him to sit more than any other player. Unless theres some medical evidence available I'm unaware of.

he hasn’t played real nba games in over a year, there’s no rush. you don’t know what’s going on with his body better than murray and the teams doctors.

i’m not sure how many denver fans we have left around here but i will say that i’m pretty sure none of them will complain about how the organization is handling this. you have no stake in the game. you could care less what happens to murray and the nuggets. you want to be entertained on a big friday night game as a fan, which is fine, but still acknowledge that the team and even denver fans have more invested in this then one televised game at the very beginning of the season.

GrayGoat
10-21-2022, 11:48 PM
Jordan Poole 140 million….2pts lolol

FultzNationRISE
10-21-2022, 11:52 PM
he hasn’t played real nba games in over a year, there’s no rush. you don’t know what’s going on with his body better than murray and the teams doctors.

i’m not sure how many denver fans we have left around here but i will say that i’m pretty sure none of them will complain about how the organization is handling this. you have no stake in the game. you could care less what happens to murray and the nuggets. you want to be entertained on a big friday night game as a fan, which is fine, but still acknowledge that the team and even denver fans have more invested in this then one televised game at the very beginning of the season.

Listen, Lebron James shattered his groin on Christmas Day two years ago, and he was back on the court the SECOND he could get team doctors to sign off on it. They could not KEEP him away from the game he loves.

Thats the standard. Thats what toughness is. Murray looks like a punk by comparison.

warriorfan
10-21-2022, 11:59 PM
Listen, Lebron James shattered his groin on Christmas Day two years ago, and he was back on the court the SECOND he could get team doctors to sign off on it. They could not KEEP him away from the game he loves.

Thats the standard. Thats what toughness is. Murray looks like a punk by comparison.

depends how you look at it, murray still has never had his mom get boned by his teammates. that is some true punk stuff right there

1987_Lakers
10-22-2022, 12:03 AM
depends how you look at it, murray still has never had his mom get boned by his teammates. that is some true punk stuff right there

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/14/18/3429CFAF00000578-0-image-a-64_1463247553426.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkM0QwBp6vA&t

FultzNationRISE
10-22-2022, 12:04 AM
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/14/18/3429CFAF00000578-0-image-a-64_1463247553426.jpg

https://media.tenor.com/LW_1n0I-RB8AAAAM/the-situation-jersey-shore.gif

1987_Lakers
10-22-2022, 12:05 AM

To make matters worse, that dude was Steph's former teammate in college.

warriorfan
10-22-2022, 12:21 AM
To make matters worse, that dude was Steph's former teammate in college.

to make things even worse….you are less then 6 feet tall

GrayGoat
10-22-2022, 12:22 AM
to make things even worse….you are less then 6 feet tall

Yikes terrible comeback

1987_Lakers
10-22-2022, 12:29 AM
Yikes terrible comeback

Dude is in full meltdown mode.

SATAN
10-22-2022, 12:32 AM
warriorfan :yaohappy:

Smook A.
10-22-2022, 12:38 AM
What the hell are the Nuggets doing

GrayGoat
10-22-2022, 12:40 AM
What the hell are the Nuggets doing

They literally all became car mechanics simultaneously :biggums:

warriorfan
10-22-2022, 12:41 AM
Yikes terrible comeback

fuming

shouldn’t of exposed yourself as a manlet little armando, :lol

Smook A.
10-22-2022, 12:41 AM
They literally all became car mechanics simultaneously :biggums:

:lol

Luckily Jokic saved them

Chuckbe
10-22-2022, 12:45 AM
Bitch ass Warriors walking off, must hurt knowing they woulda lost to a healthy Nuggets last season.

FultzNationRISE
10-22-2022, 12:46 AM
Good awareness on the long pass by Jokic, but the announcers are gushing over it like it wasnt a pretty obvious thing to do :lol

hold this L
10-22-2022, 12:47 AM
Deserved loss. Came out without playing any defense. Nuggets bench either had a game for the ages, or they are much much better this season. Not sure how to gauge them since they got their ass kicked by a shit team and then come back and playing their hearts out 2 days later. :facepalm

TheGoatest
10-22-2022, 12:47 AM
Holy shit, Draymond could've torn Jokic's ACL at the end of the game.

FultzNationRISE
10-22-2022, 12:53 AM
Holy shit, Draymond could've torn Jokic's ACL at the end of the game.

Yeah that was scary, altho you could see on replay he was simply diving for the ball in the frantic last few seconds of a close game. It wasnt a cheap shot or an “I know what Im doing but Ill make it look accidental” thing. He was falling to the ground and had a chance to lunge for a loose ball, Joker was in the way and the angle they were both at made it very dangerous. But this wasnt malicious and premeditated like Green’s horrific low blow on LeKing in 2016. He was legitimately playing the ball there.

Kblaze8855
10-22-2022, 01:08 AM
Rush him? You know he's medically cleared to play just like any other player, right? He's healed from his injury. There is no additional risk having him resume the schedule he played previously and every other player is playing..

Medically cleared doesn’t mean anything close to having the same level of risk a healthy player does.

Guys get medically cleared and turns out they weren’t ready all the time. Lawsuits happen. Team doctored get fired. Multiple hall of fame careers have been derailed.

Allowed to play and having no additional risk aren’t even in shouting distance.

Axe
10-22-2022, 01:09 AM
Warriors played a disorganized lakers team at first and they win.

Now, they play a potential nuggets team and guess what? They just lost. Avenged like what the suns did to the mavs the other day.

:roll:

FultzNationRISE
10-22-2022, 01:17 AM
Medically cleared doesn’t mean anything close to having the same level of risk a healthy player does.

Guys get medically cleared and turns out they weren’t ready all the time. Lawsuits happen. Team doctored get fired. Multiple hall of fame careers have been derailed.

Allowed to play and having no additional risk aren’t even in shouting distance.

I get your point and that may have been a reasonable argument when he was medically cleared FIVE MONTHS ago. But not at this point. There have been no reports of any physical setbacks, so if he was cleared five months ago and hasnt had any problems since, as a young man in good health it would be very reasonable to assume that certainly by NOW he is fully healed and available to resume the game as usual.

It’s strictly a confidence thing on his part and, again, a preventative PR thing on the team’s part. It’s almost like superstitious wishful thinking, that if they go slow theyll be rewarded with him not getting hurt again. Or that it’s the best thing to do because it just SOUNDS like the best thing to do. In reality… theres no evidence or medical rationale to support it as necessary. There is no discernible scientific difference in having him sit extra versus just playing what everyone else is playing.

bdonovan
10-22-2022, 01:21 AM
Deserved loss. Came out without playing any defense. Nuggets bench either had a game for the ages, or they are much much better this season. Not sure how to gauge them since they got their ass kicked by a shit team and then come back and playing their hearts out 2 days later. :facepalm

Thanks for making the only useful comment on this thread. Missed the game, came here for some insight on what actually happened.

Spurs m8
10-22-2022, 01:30 AM
I get your point and that may have been a reasonable argument when he was medically cleared FIVE MONTHS ago. But not at this point. There have been no reports of any physical setbacks, so if he was cleared five months ago and hasnt had any problems since, as a young man in good health it would be very reasonable to assume that certainly by NOW he is fully healed and available to resume the game as usual.

It’s strictly a confidence thing on his part and, again, a preventative PR thing on the team’s part. It’s almost like superstitious wishful thinking, that if they go slow theyll be rewarded with him not getting hurt again. Or that it’s the best thing to do because it just SOUNDS like the best thing to do. In reality… theres no evidence or medical rationale to support it as necessary. There is no discernible scientific difference in having him sit extra versus just playing what everyone else is playing.

How's this guy lol

warriorfan
10-22-2022, 01:34 AM

what exactly would be your game plan if you were the coach? lol

Kblaze8855
10-22-2022, 01:36 AM

i’ve been having some version of this argument on one side of the other since 1986 watching bulls games without Jordan when he was clear to play but they wouldn’t let him. I’ve seen too many cautionary tales and when _____ limps off again the people saying “He needs to get out there!” are never anywhere to be seen. They have nothing to lose but an argument the other side probably already forgot. These guys have their career on the line.

**** a random game on espn. None of the people saying you need to play are gonna be there when that knee acts up again and you’re wondering if you’re gonna come back the Derrick Rose we have now instead of what you were.

All those people would do is either laugh because humans are shit….or she’d crocodile tears and go about their day pretending to care.

I will never say anyone needs to play because some doctor said he could again.

Get it right according to you and your people and anyone who doesn’t like it can eat it dick. They don’t have anything to lose but entertainment.

Always a stupid “Oh so by that logic he can just never come back” line as if it’s clever.

People can play when they feel like it. It isn’t that important to anyone but them. The end.

FultzNationRISE
10-22-2022, 01:42 AM
But there is no medical/scientific rational to sitting. They didnt report he experienced pain, or swelling. There is no evidence he doesnt feel completely fine. And there is no evidence he isnt healed.

So theyre doing this basically as a superstition. There is no meaningful physical logic that suggests sitting tonight will prevent future injury. Theyre completely making up a course of return based on optics and some imagined conception of ‘karma.’

Theres no actual rhyme or reason to doing it. It is not DOING anything medically. Guys can get hurt again by coincidence. Whether they come back soon or wait a long time. They arent basing this decision on anything rational. Just fear.

Kblaze8855
10-22-2022, 01:56 AM
We never get to see what would have happened if a lot of people weren’t cautious. But we have seen hundreds of times what happens when a little caution could’ve prevented at least the specific circumstances that led to tragedy.

Basketball…hell pro sports…was always played stupidly to be real. Rushing back the moment the doctors say you can to prove…what? To who?

Some guy who never met you who might think you’re soft?

Greater good wise? Load management is correct. It’s annoying but it’s the right thing to do every single time.

Too many tough guys deprived us and themselves of too much greatness in games that big picture wise didn’t even need to be played.

Every knee, back, and foot injury at this point?

I might double the suggested rehab. Philly had it right with Embiid. He played like 30 games his first 3 years. I’m sure he was mad about some of it that last year. **** it. He’s got a career. We don’t get to see what may have happened if he just went 0-100 because he was cleared the whole time. We got to see Bill Walton split his foot in half, miss 4 years, sue the team, and become suicidal though. We got to see Grant Hill be cleared then get hurt worse and almost die on the operating table.

I don’t need to see it again. These games don’t matter that much. You hurt anything career risking load manage your ass off.

FultzNationRISE
10-22-2022, 02:02 AM
Youre citing examples of guys getting reinjured without any evidence it was related to timing. Sometimes a recurring injury is simply inevitable.

Again if he sat out this whole season you could also argue it’s good he’s “not rushing it.” Even better if he sat out the next three seasons.

Youre using a completely arbitrary definition of “rushing.” Thats my point. It’s not based on anything scientific or logically substantial. It’s basically superstition. Might as well go on down to Louisiana and get you a mojo hand to ward off the bad hoodoo ya got when you crossed underneath that ladder.

Hey, it cant hurt right? Why NOT just be extra cautious?

warriorfan
10-22-2022, 02:12 AM
I feel like you are somewhat playing devils advocate here but just heads up you are coming off as someone who doesn’t understand anything about sports lol

war crimes: 0

triple doubles: 1

Manny98
10-22-2022, 06:14 AM
Nuggets did a great job this off-season picking up the likes of Bruce Brown and KCP to surround the big 3

Johnny32
10-22-2022, 07:38 AM
didn't watch but let me guess. den got more soft calls than gs and won the gm. this is your nba.

999Guy
10-22-2022, 07:44 AM
Youre citing examples of guys getting reinjured without any evidence it was related to timing. Sometimes a recurring injury is simply inevitable.

Again if he sat out this whole season you could also argue it’s good he’s “not rushing it.” Even better if he sat out the next three seasons.

Youre using a completely arbitrary definition of “rushing.” Thats my point. It’s not based on anything scientific or logically substantial. It’s basically superstition. Might as well go on down to Louisiana and get you a mojo hand to ward off the bad hoodoo ya got when you crossed underneath that ladder.

Hey, it cant hurt right? Why NOT just be extra cautious?

Why is it superstitious? How could you ever be confident enough to say that?

He not only had a serious injury, he had a serious surgery. You think his brain doesn’t ****ing sense that? That his natural feeling of “right” will be gone after something like that?

Also, according to Kawhi doctors know the ligament can weaken quickly. It needs time to strengthen.

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/kawhi-leonard-speaks-on-decision-to-come-off-the-bench-versus-lakers/

“You gotta gradually play minutes in order to get the ACL strong,” Leonard said. “Once you start playing 38 minutes first game, it could easily weaken up, but I’m listening to the doctor with that. It’s a long season. We wanna get in the playoffs and want me to play in the playoffs.”

I highly doubt doctors are using research from the of step on a crack break your moms back clinical study

NugzFan
10-22-2022, 12:10 PM

Thanks doctor

Anyways it actually is the first game of a back to back.

NugzFan
10-22-2022, 12:25 PM

You are 100% right

He’s 100% wrong

NugzFan
10-22-2022, 12:28 PM
didn't watch but let me guess. den got more soft calls than gs and won the gm. this is your nba.

Haha wtf? Next time watch the game before saying stupid shit

NugzFan
10-22-2022, 12:32 PM
Good awareness on the long pass by Jokic, but the announcers are gushing over it like it wasnt a pretty obvious thing to do :lol

You are just going all out for “worst poster on ISH” aren’t you?

tontoz
10-22-2022, 12:36 PM
MPJ is a great fit with jokic, lighting it up from 3 already.

Axe
10-22-2022, 03:06 PM
MPJ is a great fit with jokic, lighting it up from 3 already.
Imagine if he wasn't injured last postseason, could have given the dubs some hard time then.