PDA

View Full Version : Morant is better than Derek Rose ever was

StrongLurk
10-21-2022, 10:03 PM
I truly believe that.

insight
10-21-2022, 10:47 PM
I truly believe that.

You never watched Derek Rose when he 1st came into the league which is why you will say that. You probably think he is better than Jordan too.

Mask the Embiid
10-21-2022, 11:02 PM
Old Knicks Derrick Rose literally out played him last year in a head to head match up….destroyed him in the 4th qtr head up…..Google it…. And that was a washed Derrick rose that gave him the business….sit ur ass down OP

TheMan
10-21-2022, 11:07 PM
OP is an idiot.

I truly believe that.

BTW, who is Derek Rose?

PeroAntic
10-22-2022, 09:02 AM
Its close, but DRose was (is) a better shooter and defender. But it just shows how good Ja is actually - MVP level player.

The funny thing is if you let Rose play 30+ minutes today he's just as good as elite pointguards like Ja. The issue is if you play him that much, he will be injured after five games and out for a month.

insight
10-22-2022, 10:10 AM
Its close, but DRose was (is) a better shooter and defender. But it just shows how good Ja is actually - MVP level player.

The funny thing is if you let Rose play 30+ minutes today he's just as good as elite pointguards like Ja. The issue is if you play him that much, he will be injured after five games and out for a month.

Ja would not be flying in the lane with reckless abandon during the prime D Rose era. You paid a price for driving into the paint back then and outside of floaters that's the majority of Ja's game. I love Ja's competive spirit and exciting plays but his style of play similar to a young Westbrook is not substainable unless you develop skills that don't rely on your athletic ability.

Im so nba'd out
10-22-2022, 11:49 AM
Old Knicks Derrick Rose literally out played him last year in a head to head match up….destroyed him in the 4th qtr head up…..Google it…. And that was a washed Derrick rose that gave him the business….sit ur ass down OP

Why is this thread not locked after this post? He literally……just out played him last year when ja was in mid domination form….it wasn’t before he caught fire….. it wasn’t before peak ja….he caught him mid flame so to say and in a random spot start … A washed….d rose….torched him…. and held him to 8 points. And destroyed him down the stretch…. I mean it was like an old Bernard Hopkins fight the way he gave the yup pup a boxing lesson on how to close a game…. He embarrassed him….

And this ain’t new I’ve seen a washed drose in a spot start torch curry….peak curry….and reminded him “you know who I am”. I seen him torch peak wall as a washed drose….with my own eyes

Like he’s been doing this to pgs…reminding them in random games when he destroys them in random match ups he takes personal

StrongLurk
10-22-2022, 12:03 PM
I watched all of Drose's prime Bulls years. He was a superstar his MVP year, but he was arguably not even top five that year. He then had a worse follow up year and then got injured in those playoffs, never to return to form again.

People completely overhype Drose because he won MVP in a very weak "MVP race".

Ja Morant has impressed me more than Drose ever did, obviously it's not by a large margin though.

We'll see if Ja can actually stay healthy.

PeroAntic
10-22-2022, 12:21 PM
Why is this thread not locked after this post? He literally……just out played him last year when ja was in mid domination form….it wasn’t before he caught fire….. it wasn’t before peak ja….he caught him mid flame so to say and in a random spot start … A washed….d rose….torched him…. and held him to 8 points. And destroyed him down the stretch…. I mean it was like an old Bernard Hopkins fight the way he gave the yup pup a boxing lesson on how to close a game…. He embarrassed him….

And this ain’t new I’ve seen a washed drose in a spot start torch curry….peak curry….and reminded him “you know who I am”. I seen him torch peak wall as a washed drose….with my own eyes

Like he’s been doing this to pgs…reminding them in random games when he destroys them in random match ups he takes personal
Its almost as if... he isn't washed.

Hes just a different player.

Rose reinvented his game but hes even more effective now, just can't sustain that for a season because hes made of glass:cry:

Axe
10-22-2022, 04:07 PM
I watched all of Drose's prime Bulls years. He was a superstar his MVP year, but he was arguably not even top five that year. He then had a worse follow up year and then got injured in those playoffs, never to return to form again.

I like what he did to the bulls since the 90s dynasty was long gone but his career is basically insignificant without thibs, who he's been together in three different teams already ffs. I can't even seem to remember if he's won a playoff series without him or not but most likely the former. Almost as if he was shackled to him. :oldlol:

StrongLurk
12-25-2022, 10:52 PM
I still think Ja is better than Rose.

Im Still Ballin
12-26-2022, 02:05 AM
It's not unreasonable. I'd lean D-Rose because I think he's more explosive and would definitely see a statistical boost in today's league.

BigShotBob
12-26-2022, 03:57 AM
Morant isn't even better than Stephon Marbury let alone D.Rose

ImKobe
12-26-2022, 04:17 AM
2011 Rose is better to me IMO because his numbers were close to Ja's & he did it without much help on the offensive end and with little spacing in a tougher defensive era. He was everything to the Bulls' offense and led them to 62 wins (with Noah & Boozer missing a large chunk of the season) and a Conference Finals.

Im Still Ballin
12-26-2022, 04:27 AM
2011 Rose is better to me IMO because his numbers were close to Ja's & he did it without much help on the offensive end and with little spacing in a tougher defensive era. He was everything to the Bulls' offense and led them to 62 wins (with Noah & Boozer missing a large chunk of the season) and a Conference Finals.

Derrick's probably doing 27-30 PPG on an extra 5% efficiency in today's league. A hellacious slasher. We saw what late-prime Russell Westbrook did in Houston for a stretch with decent shooting around him.

pandiani17
12-26-2022, 05:48 AM

Ja Morant has impressed me more than Drose ever did, obviously it's not by a large margin though.

We'll see if Ja can actually stay healthy.

I have heard this a lot of times here and I don't agree with it. D-Rose was a beast before his injury, athletic and clutch at the same time, and of course he was in the Top 5 players in the league at the time. He involved everyone in offense and was a great leader too.

Phoenix
12-26-2022, 06:58 AM
They're similar but Rose at his peak was more under control than other comparable ultra-athlete PG types like Westbrook and even Ja nowadays. I'm not sure what the argument is for Morant other than he's playing at a similar level for longer, but Ja is still very young and too many skywalkers end up grounded with knee issues. Rose dropping 25/8/4 in 2011 should scale a little higher than what Ja is doing this year( 27/8/6).

Im Still Ballin
12-26-2022, 07:43 AM
They're similar but Rose at his peak was more under control than other comparable ultra-athlete PG types like Westbrook and even Ja nowadays. I'm not sure what the argument is for Morant other than he's playing at a similar level for longer, but Ja is still very young and too many skywalkers end up grounded with knee issues. Rose dropping 25/8/4 in 2011 should scale a little higher than what Ja is doing this year( 27/8/6).

I think you mean 25/4/8. Rose didn't put up 8 rebounds per game.

Phoenix
12-26-2022, 08:09 AM
I think you mean 25/4/8. Rose didn't put up 8 rebounds per game.

Yeah my bad, thanks for the correction

Xiao Yao You
12-26-2022, 09:19 AM
Morant isn't even better than Stephon Marbury let alone D.Rose

Ja makes his teammates better. Marbury put up empty stats unless we're counting CBA