PDA

View Full Version : Ingram would be nobody by now if he was stuck w/ Lebron's bad fits like Westbroo

3ba11
10-22-2022, 02:45 PM
Imagine a talent like Ingram buried alongside Lebron's bad chemistry and fits

Ingram saw 2 years of growth and then a 1-year drop alongside Lebron across the board (PER, BPM, VORP, WS/48)..

Dittos Kuzma... Or Hughes, Jamison, Bosh, Love and many more

Lebron's skillset imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, so he lacks the teammate development, fits or brand of ball to win organically and must be a talent-based winner instead (team-hopping.. all-star team strategy).

ShawkFactory
10-22-2022, 02:54 PM
Ingram and Lebron played 32 basketball games together.

Real Men Wear Green
10-22-2022, 02:56 PM

The 32 worst games of 3ball's wretched life.

3ba11
10-22-2022, 02:57 PM

And they fit horribly together because Lebron doesn't fit with spotty-shooting ball-handlers like Hughes, Ingram, Westbrook or Wade.

It's historical record - he drastically underachieved with all of them

His skillset imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win (can't win organically)

ShawkFactory
10-22-2022, 03:01 PM
And they fit horribly together because Lebron doesn't fit with spotty-shooting ball-handlers like Hughes, Ingram, Westbrook or Wade.

It's historical record - he drastically underachieved with all of them

His skillset imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win (can't win organically)

You have no idea if that’s true or not. You don’t remember watching them play together and have no clue what it looked like.

Ingrams PER, BPM, VORP, and WS/48 went down across the board last year too. Care to explain why?

Real Men Wear Green
10-22-2022, 03:01 PM
Ingram is a spotty shooter now? You just love to make up bullshit don't you?

Axe
10-22-2022, 03:05 PM
The 32 worst games of 3ball's wretched life.
:lol

And yet his fugly disciple just can't stop praising him!

Kblaze8855
10-22-2022, 03:17 PM

People looking for an excuse to keep Lebrons name in their mouth spent like 4 years talking about Isiah Thomas who played like 300 minutes with him.

Just having been listed on the same roster contaminates these guys whole career and they can’t just be their own men. They are ammunition. It’s really more of a disservice to them.

ShawkFactory
10-22-2022, 03:22 PM
People looking for an excuse to keep Lebrons name in their mouth spent like 4 years talking about Isiah Thomas who played like 300 minutes with him.

Just having been listed on the same roster contaminates these guys whole career and they can’t just be their own men. They are ammunition. It’s really more of a disservice to them.

Seriously. People mention Caruso in 2019 as if they were on the court together for more than 8 games. They were not.

SouBeachTalents
10-22-2022, 03:31 PM

Idk, OP doesn't strike me as the type to do that.

Full Court
10-22-2022, 03:38 PM
Idk, OP doesn't strike me as the type to do that.

Yeah, I'm not seeing that at all.

For some reason he just triggers dinguses though. :confusedshrug:

3ba11
10-22-2022, 04:06 PM
You have no idea if that’s true or not. You don’t remember watching them play together and have no clue what it looked like.

What I do know is that you and everyone on this board said that Ingram stunk... only 3ball had that one right

Don't be embarrassed - Lebron didn't think Ingram was a sufficient fit or player to keep him either

And I know what it was like - Ingram saw a 33% increase in his catch-and-shoots on the Pelicans because the Pelicans move the ball.. That's why Ingram's 3-point percentage went back to 40% after leaving Lebron

Ingrams PER, BPM, VORP, and WS/48 went down across the board last year too. Care to explain why?

Again
His 3-point percentage tells the story

Axe
10-22-2022, 04:09 PM
What I do know is that you and everyone on this board said that Ingram stunk... only 3ball had that one right

Don't be embarrassed - Lebron didn't think Ingram was a sufficient fit or player to keep him either

And I know what it was like - Ingram saw a 33% increase in his catch-and-shoots on the Pelicans because the Pelicans move the ball.. That's why Ingram's 3-point percentage went back to 40% after leaving Lebron

Again
One of your peers wants to deepthroat you so badly.

3ba11
10-22-2022, 04:11 PM

Oh that's right - Isaiah Thomas - another guy that didn't fit with Lebron!!

If a player isn't an elite shooter, they will decline alongside Lebron - this narrow pool of players that fit with Lebron demonstrates his rudimentary one-sided skillset (ball-dominance)

3ba11
10-22-2022, 04:22 PM
Ingram is a spotty shooter now? You just love to make up bullshit don't you?

He was alongside Lebron - check the 3-point percentage

Too much your-turn-my-turn with Lebron (tougher jumpers) and more catch-and-shoots with the Pelicans

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1627742/shots-dash?Season=2019-20

ShawkFactory
10-22-2022, 04:23 PM

Again

Isn't you're argument that Lebron turns people into spot up shooters and can't play with "spotty-shooting ballhandlers"???

Are you literally flipping your entire argument in one post? :lol

Usually you wait 5-6 pages later in hopes that people will forget. Brandon Ingram is both a spotty shooting ballhandler and a great catch and shoot guy. Got it.

Again

Why was it so much worse?

3ba11
10-22-2022, 04:27 PM
Isn't you're argument that Lebron turns people into spot up shooters and can't play with "spotty-shooting ballhandlers"???

Are you literally flipping your entire argument in one post? :lol

Usually you wait 5-6 pages later in hopes that people will forget.

You obviously don't follow the games - Lebron does mostly your-turn-my-turn with the sidekick, while his plodding, drive-and-kick style has never yielded as many or quality catch-and-shoots as zippy ball movement

Ball movement has always allowed teammates to play to capacity more than ball-dominance from 1 guy.. That's why Curry wins with less

ShawkFactory
10-22-2022, 04:39 PM
You obviously don't follow the games - Lebron does mostly your-turn-my-turn with the sidekick, while his plodding, drive-and-kick style has never yielded as many or quality catch-and-shoots as zippy ball movement

Ball movement has always allowed teammates to play to capacity more than ball-dominance from 1 guy.. That's why Curry wins with less

Oh okay so in that case you'd expect that the Lakers would have had less ball movement in 2019 than in 2018 and that Ingram would have gotten more quality looks then.

3ba11
10-22-2022, 04:40 PM
Team Assist Rank

2019 Lakers.......... 11th
2020 Pelicans......... 3rd

^^^ less your-turn-my-turn with the Pelicans than Lebron-ball - the Pelicans moved the ball better, so Ingram got more quality catch-and-shoots via unpredictable ball movement rather than predictable, ball-dominant drives (where defenders get good at closing out)

ShawkFactory
10-22-2022, 04:44 PM
Team Assist Rank

2019 Lakers.......... 11th
2020 Pelicans......... 3rd

^^^ less your-turn-my-turn with the Pelicans than Lebron-ball - the Pelicans moved the ball better, so Ingram got more quality catch-and-shoots via unpredictable ball movement rather than predictable, ball-dominant drives (where defenders get good at closing out)

So you think the higher up a team is in team assists..that means the less you-turn-my-turn there is?

3ba11
10-22-2022, 05:08 PM
So you think the higher up a team is in team assists..that means the less you-turn-my-turn there is?

Specifically, Lebron's starts at forward but then becomes a 2nd point guard on the floor, aka a 2nd player with a point guard hold-time (https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches?Season=2021-22&dir=D&sort=TIME_OF_POSS) - these 2 point guard lineups give teammates less hold-time and assists then they get in traditional 1 point guard lineups, so the TEAM has low assists and a lottery record on the championship level (low team ceilings).

1987_Lakers
10-22-2022, 05:16 PM
Specifically, Lebron's starts at forward but then becomes a 2nd point guard on the floor, aka a 2nd player with a point guard hold-time (https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches?Season=2021-22&dir=D&sort=TIME_OF_POSS) - these 2 point guard lineups give teammates less hold-time and assists then they get in traditional 1 point guard lineups, so the TEAM has low assists and has a lottery record on the championship level (low team ceilings).

You dodged his question as usual.

Nets were top 10 in assists last season as well, nobody was calling them a good passing team.

3ba11
10-22-2022, 05:40 PM
You dodged his question as usual.

Nets were top 10 in assists last season as well, nobody was calling them a good passing team.

Pelicans were #3 in assists and we have data showing that Ingram's catch-and-shoots increased dramatically along with increased efficiency

That shows the Pelicans provided a ball movement environment that Ingram fit better in

1987_Lakers
10-22-2022, 05:48 PM
Pelicans were #3 in assists and we have data showing that Ingram's catch-and-shoots increased dramatically along with increased efficiency

That shows the Pelicans provided a ball movement environment that Ingram fit better in

More dodging.

#3 in assists yet finished 30-42, had the 2nd most turnovers in the league, & the #17 overall offense.

:oldlol:

3ba11
10-22-2022, 05:52 PM
More dodging.

#3 in assists yet finished 30-42, had the 2nd most turnovers in the league, & the #17 overall offense.

:oldlol:

Young team with injuries

No different than the 05' Cavs with all-stars Lebron & Zydrunas or the 19' Lakers

But look at the Pelicans now - all the signs of a sustainable dynasty because Ingram escaped the doom chemistry that captured previous Lebron teammates like Isiah Thomas, Westbrook, or Hughes - destroyed their careers

ShawkFactory
10-22-2022, 05:58 PM
Specifically, Lebron's starts at forward but then becomes a 2nd point guard on the floor, aka a 2nd player with a point guard hold-time (https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches?Season=2021-22&dir=D&sort=TIME_OF_POSS) - these 2 point guard lineups give teammates less hold-time and assists then they get in traditional 1 point guard lineups, so the TEAM has low assists and a lottery record on the championship level (low team ceilings).

You didn’t answer my question. You just pulled from what I assume is an ISH-labeled file you have for some reason.

3ba11
10-22-2022, 06:02 PM
You didn’t answer my question. You just pulled from what I assume is an ISH-labeled file you have for some reason.

Here's your answer - there's less your-turn-my-turn (less ball-domination) on high assist teams

Is there a 100% correlation, aka will a #9 assist team ALWAYS have less ball-domination than the #10 team?? Obviously there's a lot of variance in this scenario but for HIGH assist teans there's less ball-domination generally

Ultimately, the Pelicans were #3 in assists and we have data showing that Ingram's catch-and-shoots increased dramatically along with increased efficiency

ShawkFactory
10-22-2022, 07:58 PM
Here's your answer - there's less your-turn-my-turn (less ball-domination) on high assist teams

Is there a 100% correlation, aka will a #9 assist team ALWAYS have less ball-domination than the #10 team?? Obviously there's a lot of variance in this scenario but for HIGH assist teans there's less ball-domination generally

Ultimately, the Pelicans were #3 in assists and we have data showing that Ingram's catch-and-shoots increased dramatically along with increased efficiency

Thought you were allergic to this one. Good to know you're human.

The following season the Pelicans went exactly back down to were the Lakers were in 2019 as far as team assists go, but his 3pt numbers still remained high. Last year his catch and shoot went UP from 2020-2021 but his 3pt shooting numbers went down.

Damn how the world works with our narratives. So confusing right?

bison
10-23-2022, 02:20 AM
Yo 3ball watch your f*cking mouth man. Ingram aka YDK would be great in any era or offense.

bison
10-23-2022, 02:24 AM
Not gonna have this YDK disrespect on my forum. Let’s get it straight.

Ne 1
10-23-2022, 05:09 PM
- “if” doesn’t exist
- LeBron won a title in L.A. after they were traded
- none of them have anything to show for it after being traded

3ba11
10-23-2022, 06:21 PM
- “if” doesn’t exist
- LeBron won a title in L.A. after they were traded
- none of them have anything to show for it after being traded

What was Lebron before the "decision"

A 1-trick pony with 1 Finals run like Iverson or Dwight and a career-losing ball-dominator like Luka or Westbrook

Lebron literally woke up one morning and said "Aside from me, who's the best 1st option in my conference?... Obviously Wade - okay, so I'll team up with him ... And who's the 2nd best first option?... Likely Bosh? Okay - give me him too"

Lebron consolidate d power in the East by putting three 1st options on 1 team.. An unprecedented, player -driven collusion that gave Lebron an unprecedented advantage for 6 years until Durant finally responded

Ne 1
10-23-2022, 06:44 PM
What was Lebron before the "decision"

A 1-trick pony with 1 Finals run like Iverson or Dwight and a career-losing ball-dominator like Luka or Westbrook

Lebron literally woke up one morning and said "Aside from me, who's the best 1st option in my conference?... Obviously Wade - okay, so I'll team up with him ... And who's the 2nd best first option?... Likely Bosh? Okay - give me him too"

Lebron consolidate d power in the East by putting three 1st options on 1 team.. An unprecedented, player -driven collusion that gave Lebron an unprecedented advantage for 6 years until Durant finally responded
What was Jeffery before Pippen?

3ba11
10-23-2022, 06:52 PM
What was Jeffery before Pippen?

He was just a rookie and sophomore, and therefore a loser like Curry, Lebron, Durant and Giannis were lottery in their first few years.. Jordans's 3rd healthy season was 88', and he made 2nd Round just like 06' Lebron.

So if the biggest criticism that you have is that Jordan lost when everyone loses, then you have literally nothing.. Indeed, Jordan had the perfect career by never losing as the favorite, or with a good team (1 or 2 seed) or in the Finals - he also lost the least with an all-star teammate (migraine year and baseball year)