PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Ingram is a better basketball player than Jayson Tatum and you can’t convince

bison
10-23-2022, 02:28 AM
me otherwise.

Spurs m8
10-23-2022, 02:52 AM
Do love myself some YDK

Top 5 fave player in the league tbh

bison
10-23-2022, 03:01 AM
Do love myself some YDK

Top 5 fave player in the league tbh

Real ones know.

Spurs m8
10-23-2022, 04:18 AM
What's this guy on about? Lmao

JohnMax
10-23-2022, 04:26 AM
https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/brandon_ingram_vs_jayson_tatum.htm

You're just butthurt of Tatum's rising star power because he completely outclasses Ingram in head-to-head comparison.

SATAN
10-23-2022, 04:27 AM
Tatum is a better leader than Ingraham so at the end of the day he will likely be looked at in a better light than Ingraham by most people. I'm not saying he is better or worse than Ingraham but Ingraham is a great second option kinda guy. Tatum is the clear #1 option, unlike Ingraham.

Ingraham is clearly talented but I just don't expect as much from him.

Session
10-23-2022, 05:30 AM
Brandon Ingram is better than Anthony Davis. Jayson Tatum is better than Ingraham the way he is a reliable player in a legendary franchise.

RRR3
10-23-2022, 05:30 AM
OP is severely dimwitted.

TheGoatest
10-23-2022, 05:44 AM
https://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/brandon_ingram_vs_jayson_tatum.htm

You're just butthurt of Tatum's rising star power because he completely outclasses Ingram in head-to-head comparison.

To be fair to OP, he already confessed that he is a moron in his first post by admitting that he is not susceptible to empirical evidence and that he cannot be convinced by it.

Spurs m8
10-23-2022, 06:09 AM
Bison, my brother

We also have KD in our corner

https://i.ibb.co/JsczKkg/Screenshot-20221023-210645.jpg

Taurus
10-23-2022, 06:15 AM
Can people stop comparing these two players and just appreciate them both?

PeroAntic
10-23-2022, 06:42 AM
Always said they are just as good, but Tatum fanboys said otherwise. Strange how people recognize Tatum's greatness but not Ingram's.

TheGoatest
10-23-2022, 06:49 AM
Always said they are just as good, but Tatum fanboys said otherwise. Strange how people recognize Tatum's greatness but not Ingram's.

Yes, the All-NBA team voters who voted for Tatum to be the All-NBA 1st team and Ingram to be All-NBA 0th team last season are all "fanboys".

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/008/305/its-a-conspiracy.jpg

warriorfan
10-23-2022, 06:51 AM

bron stifled him in LA and when he got free of that and flourished unfortunately it’s now in a smaller market. he’s legit

PeroAntic
10-23-2022, 09:22 AM
Yes, the All-NBA team voters who voted for Tatum to be the All-NBA 1st team and Ingram to be All-NBA 0th team last season are all "fanboys".

Boston has a better team, duh. Typical dumb Bron stain

Real Men Wear Green
10-23-2022, 09:47 AM
There are currently 10 players averaging over 30 points. By the end of the season there might be 2. It's unwise to make a big deal out of a hot start to the season...but if you did you would still lose this argument.

ShawkFactory
10-23-2022, 10:16 AM
I like Ingram a lot. He’s smooth as shit.

Tatum is more impactful though because of what he can do on defense. I know it’s only 3 games but he seems to truly be turning into an elite defender. Almost Kawhi levels.

Real Men Wear Green
10-23-2022, 11:21 AM
I like Ingram a lot. He’s smooth as shit.

Tatum is more impactful though because of what he can do on defense. I know it’s only 3 games but he seems to truly be turning into an elite defender. Almost Kawhi levels.

Beyond the fact that this argument has been beaten to death by OPs previous incarnation I don't want to really go in depth here because I don't want to criticize Ingram. I've always thought he was a good player. Before their draft class I didn't know anything about JB and was hoping the Celtics would get Ingram. If their draft was redone I'm not sure who goes first between Ingram and Brown even though I would lean Brown for defense Ingram has him thoroughly beat as a ball handler and passer. But for some strange reason OP and a few other Bron hating alleged Laker fans can't stop trying to argue Ingram over Tatum. The fixation is strange. Tatum has the better stats, had more success had to head, far more playoff glory. First team AllNBA vs never AllNBA. And even people that prefer Ingram acknowledge that Tatum is the better defender by a wide margin. So what are we debating here?

RRR3
10-23-2022, 11:31 AM
Beyond the fact that this argument has been beaten to death by OPs previous incarnation I don't want to really go in depth here because I don't want to criticize Ingram. I've always thought he was a good player. Before their draft class I didn't know anything about JB and was hoping the Celtics would get Ingram. If their draft was redone I'm not sure who goes first between Ingram and Brown even though I would lean Brown for defense Ingram has him thoroughly beat as a ball handler and passer. But for some strange reason OP and a few other Bron hating alleged Laker fans can't stop trying to argue Ingram over Tatum. The fixation is strange. Tatum has the better stats, had more success had to head, far more playoff glory. First team AllNBA vs never AllNBA. And even people that prefer Ingram acknowledge that Tatum is the better defender by a wide margin. So what are we debating here?
Wait are you saying OP is AirTubesock :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
10-23-2022, 11:56 AM
Tatum is a better leader than Ingraham so at the end of the day he will likely be looked at in a better light than Ingraham by most people. I'm not saying he is better or worse than Ingraham but Ingraham is a great second option kinda guy. Tatum is the clear #1 option, unlike Ingraham.

Ingraham is clearly talented but I just don't expect as much from him.

In the interest of accuracy I will point out that the question of who the better leader is is completely unknown. Tatum has the reputation of being a quiet guy and people around the Celtics including Tatum himself talk about him speaking up more. If he's a leader it's just by example. That counts but the real vocal leaders of the Celtics for most of Tatum's career have been Smart and Horford with Brown speaking up more since Irving's exit. As great of a player as Tatum is he will be liked to for leadership and I'm not saying he's bad about that but he has little history of giving speeches.

bison
10-23-2022, 01:11 PM

Fuming.

bison
10-23-2022, 01:14 PM

I’m not saying Ingram has better stats, more success or more accolades. I’m just saying he is a better basketball player than Tatum i.e. more skills, more offense tools, better defense etc.

ShawkFactory
10-23-2022, 01:27 PM
I’m not saying Ingram has better stats, more success or more accolades. I’m just saying he is a better basketball player than Tatum i.e. more skills, more offense tools, better defense etc.

Okay so he’s better if you ignore stats and impact. Makes sense.

PeroAntic
10-23-2022, 01:32 PM
people that prefer Ingram acknowledge that Tatum is the better defender by a thin margin.
Fixed.

Real Men Wear Green
10-23-2022, 01:53 PM

Your telling us you have an unsubstantiated and unchangeable opinion. I understand that.

Real Men Wear Green
10-23-2022, 02:00 PM
Fixed.
Do you think that if Ingram was in Tatum's position the Celtics could have still shut down KD the way that they did? Are coaches like Greg Popovich talking about Ingram as a great two way player? In fact we've seen Tatum shut down Ingram. The converse is not true.

Smook A.
10-23-2022, 03:03 PM
BI is a very skilled scorer and I like his overall game a lot. He deserves more credit than he gets, but I don't think he's better than Tatum.

tontoz
10-23-2022, 04:35 PM
Yeah I like Ingram but Tatum was top 10 in the MVP rankings last year.

Axe
10-23-2022, 04:37 PM
Yeah I like Ingram but Tatum was top 10 in the MVP rankings last year.
Haven't ya heard uncle? He's a choker last postseason. :lol

tontoz
10-23-2022, 04:45 PM
Haven't ya heard uncle? He's a choker last postseason. :lol

He was very good in the playoffs leading up to the finals, just struggled against an elite defense in the finals.

AirBonner
10-23-2022, 04:59 PM
Let me know when Ingraham leads his team to the finals

TheGoatest
10-23-2022, 05:28 PM
Let me know when Ingraham leads his team to the finals

According to the "logic" of the alts, his loss in the first round looks better than Tatum's loss in the finals. :oldlol:
And being swept in the 1st round would've looked even better. :roll:

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 06:15 PM
BI has always been the better player.. Tatum's another overhyped Kobe wannabe like Devin Booker

YDK got next :pimp:

ShawkFactory
10-23-2022, 06:36 PM
BI has always been the better player.. Tatum's another overhyped Kobe wannabe like Devin Booker

YDK got next :pimp:

Lol what?

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 06:43 PM
Lol what?

Fluke Finals run in an injured EC so now people think he's an elite top 5 player.. same with how people overrated Booker after the Suns made the Finals.

BI's always been the more talented player but was stuck on bad/injured teams and now he has a squad :pimp:

Real Men Wear Green
10-23-2022, 06:44 PM
Lol what?

Same crap he's been saying for years. Reason why this debate is dead is that the Ingram side has no real point to make. Ingram is a better passer. That's his only advantage and it isn't much of one. Tatum is better in every other way. But they can just say Ingram is better and hope people will think it's true. In a few days the players of the week will be Tatum and Doncic or Lillaird. They will be posting the same shit.

ShawkFactory
10-23-2022, 06:44 PM
Fluke Finals run in an injured EC so now people think he's an elite top 5 player.. same with how people overrated Booker after the Suns made the Finals.

BI's always been the more talented player but was stuck on bad/injured teams and now he has a squad :pimp:

Figured you were just trolling. Wanted to make sure :cheers:

Real Men Wear Green
10-23-2022, 06:45 PM
Fluke Finals run He's made the Conference Finals 3 times. Do you ever stop bullshitting?

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 06:49 PM
He's made the Conference Finals 3 times. Do you ever stop bullshitting?

All of them are relatively weak runs if we're being honest

'18 wasn't the best player on his team
'20 Ben Simmons injured and Celtics choked massively in the ECF
'22 Nets, Bucks & Heat all injured and massive Finals choke

tontoz
10-23-2022, 06:50 PM
Tatum was arguably a top 3 player in the league over the second half of the season before the playoffs started.

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 07:02 PM
Tatum was arguably a top 3 player in the league over the second half of the season before the playoffs started.

No he wasn't lol.. Embiid, Jokic, Giannis and Luka were at least a tier above him and you could argue Ja as well, obviously KD, Kawhi and AD and Bran were all injured so there's that too.

He's in the tier of Paul George as a 2-way wing and that's not really an insult either, just that he's not ATG level like some people hype him up to be. Posters here acted like it was blasphemy to say that Ingram's on his level when BI's always been a more well-rounded offensive player.

ShawkFactory
10-23-2022, 07:05 PM
I don’t think that anyone is talking about Tatum as an all time great...

There’s a clear top 6 in the league with Giannis, Jokic, Steph, Luka, Embiid, and KD. But Tatum is the probably next guy and he DID outplay KD head to head in a series pretty significantly just a couple months ago. He seems to have gotten better too.

tontoz
10-23-2022, 07:10 PM
No he wasn't lol.. Embiid, Jokic, Giannis and Luka were at least a tier above him and you could argue Ja as well, obviously KD, Kawhi and AD and Bran were all injured so there's that too.

He's in the tier of Paul George as a 2-way wing and that's not really an insult either, just that he's not ATG level like some people hype him up to be. Posters here acted like it was blasphemy to say that Ingram's on his level when BI's always been a more well-rounded offensive player.

Nonsense. Tatum averaged 30/7/5 after the All-star break with a TS of 65% along with being an elite defender.

:oldlol: @ mentioning Ja. Memphis won 7 straight without him in March.

He finished 6th in the MVP voting after a bad start.

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 07:12 PM

There’s a clear top 6 in the league with Giannis, Jokic, Steph, Luka, Embiid, and KD. But Tatum is the probably next guy and he DID outplay KD head to head in a series pretty significantly just a couple months ago. He seems to have gotten better too.

You mean when he went up against an undersized Nets' team missing 2 of their starters while the Celtics threw 2-3 elite defenders at KD?

And idk who would take him over Curry, Kawhi, AD or even year 20 Bran if they're all healthy tbh. He's not that guy.

3ba11
10-23-2022, 07:13 PM
Tatum will be a force this year because the Finals-run helped his mental strength and confidence - I saw it the other night when he looked extremely polished while hitting the big 3 down the stretch

Otoh, Ingram might have more scoring instinct...

Otherwise, it's hard to say who is more gifted.. Maybe Ingram seems longer/bigger in spots and getting stuff easier, but it could be the opposite

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 07:18 PM
Nonsense. Tatum averaged 30/7/5 after the All-star break with a TS of 65% along with being an elite defender.

:oldlol: @ mentioning Ja. Memphis won 7 straight without him in March.

So now you're changing the criteria? I thought you said 2nd half of the season? I went from game 42-81.

Post-ASB splits

Luka 30/9/8 61%TS
Giannis 31/13/5 64%TS
Embiid 33/13/4 63%TS
Jokic 30/14/8 68%TS
Durant 31/7/8 65%TS
Lebron 34/9/6 63%TS
Booker 31/5/6 64%TS

Top 3 my ass

ShawkFactory
10-23-2022, 07:25 PM
You mean when he went up against an undersized Nets' team missing 2 of their starters while the Celtics threw 2-3 elite defenders at KD?

And idk who would take him over Curry, Kawhi, AD or even year 20 Bran if they're all healthy tbh. He's not that guy.

Kawhi and AD are wildcards because of injury. And I mentioned Steph in the top 6. After those top 6 most are probably taking either Tatum or Lebron next

tontoz
10-23-2022, 07:31 PM
So now you're changing the criteria? I thought you said 2nd half of the season? I went from game 42-81.

Post-ASB splits

Luka 30/9/8 61%TS
Giannis 31/13/5 64%TS
Embiid 33/13/4 63%TS
Jokic 30/14/8 68%TS
Durant 31/7/8 65%TS
Lebron 34/9/6 63%TS
Booker 31/5/6 64%TS

Top 3 my ass

You do realize there are two sides to the court, right? Lebron and Booker aren't in the conversation.

Luka isn't even close to Tatum on D, but Tatum averaged 30 also with better efficiency than Luka.

That leaves 3 bigs and typically bigs are more efficient than wings but they weren't notably more efficient than Tatum. They rebounded more of course because they are bigs. Only giannis was comparable to Tatum on defense.

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 07:43 PM
You do reay there are two sides to the court, right? Lebron and Booker aren't in the conversation.

Luka isn't even close to Tatum on D, but Tatum averaged 30 also with better efficiency than Luka.

That leaves 3 bigs and typically bigs are more efficient than wings but they weren't notably more efficient than Tatum. They rebounded more of course because they are bigs. Only giannis was comparable to Tatum on defense.

Booker is in the conversation if you're just talking about the post-ASB stretch in the RS. Elite production with CP3 injured as well.

Luka led a mediocre Mavs team to one of the best records post-ASB and he's multiple tiers over Tatum in the POs, shit's not even an argument. Tatum outplayed KD in the first round with his team putting 2-3 guys on Durant at all times but got outplayed by Giannis in the semis, Butler in the ECF and like 4 guys in the Finals.

And if you think that Embiid, Giannis and Jokic are just bigs who don't have as much impact as JT, you're insane.. Tatum played on a team loaded with elite defenders and great spacing and was the 3rd best defensive player on his own team and Celtics were blowing teams out by 20+ pts damn near every game post-ASB it felt like, which is why they finally started winning as they are horrible in crunch time as Tatum, Brown nor Smart know how to run an offense in the half court and it got exposed in the POs as it always does.

Real Men Wear Green
10-23-2022, 07:44 PM
All of them are relatively weak runs if we're being honest

You are never honest. Probably the most full of shit poster on this site outside of the Bron Stans.

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 07:50 PM
You are never honest. Probably the most full of shit poster on this site outside of the Bron Stans.

None of the runs make a top 5 case for him, or why he's supposed to be in a tier of his own. He's not THAT guy.

Paul George is a perfect comp for him. Both made 3 Conference Finals.

tontoz
10-23-2022, 08:06 PM
Booker is in the conversation if you're just talking about the post-ASB stretch in the RS. Elite production with CP3 injured as well.

Luka led a mediocre Mavs team to one of the best records post-ASB and he's multiple tiers over Tatum in the POs, shit's not even an argument. Tatum outplayed KD in the first round with his team putting 2-3 guys on Durant at all times but got outplayed by Giannis in the semis, Butler in the ECF and like 4 guys in the Finals.

And if you think that Embiid, Giannis and Jokic are just bigs who don't have as much impact as JT, you're insane.. Tatum played on a team loaded with elite defenders and great spacing and was the 3rd best defensive player on his own team and Celtics were blowing teams out by 20+ pts damn near every game post-ASB it felt like, which is why they finally started winning as they are horrible in crunch time as Tatum, Brown nor Smart know how to run an offense in the half court and it got exposed in the POs as it always does.

:roll:

More nonsense. Booker isn't in the conversation at all. The only way he would be comparable to Tatum would be if his offensive numbers were significantly better than Tatum and that is not the case.

I agree that Luka is a beast in the playoffs but that is a different discussion. Remember the comparison is between Tatum and Ingram. We can't really compare their playoff performance since Ingram has only one playoff series in his career.

And what's with this crap?

And if you think that Embiid, Giannis and Jokic are just bigs who don't have as much impact as JT, you're insane..

We are supposed to be talking about who was better during the second half of the season, not who is better overall.

I will concede giannis. Jokic is one of my favorite players in the league so I can't say Tatum was better given what jokic did with Murray and MPJ out. That leaves embiid and I don't have any problem taking Tatum's second half over embiid's.

tontoz
10-23-2022, 08:09 PM
None of the runs make a top 5 case for him, or why he's supposed to be in a tier of his own. He's not THAT guy.

He literally finished 6 in the MVP race after a brickfest over the first 6 weeks of the season

ShawkFactory
10-23-2022, 08:11 PM

It is. Paul George at his best was a borderline top 5 player in the league.

Real Men Wear Green
10-23-2022, 08:12 PM

So you are saying he is Paul George... because he made the Conference Finals three times. No other real reason, just that. You are full of shit and/or a moron. Really all there is to this

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 08:32 PM
:roll:

More nonsense. Booker isn't in the conversation at all. The only way he would be comparable to Tatum would be if his offensive numbers were significantly better than Tatum and that is not the case.

I agree that Luka is a beast in the playoffs but that is a different discussion. Remember the comparison is between Tatum and Ingram. We can't really compare their playoff performance since Ingram has only one playoff series in his career.

And what's with this crap?

We are supposed to be talking about who was better during the second half of the season, not who is better overall.

I will concede giannis. Jokic is one of my favorite players in the league so I can't say Tatum was better given what jokic did with Murray and MPJ out. That leaves embiid and I don't have any problem taking Tatum's second half over embiid's.

Jokic, Embiid & Giannis all carried their team at an insane rate all season and finished the RS better than Tatum. JT had the better team around him but he's not capable of carrying a team on both ends like that as a lot of his success purely depends on his 3PT efficiency and he's not an ATG volume 3PT shooter yet. He doesn't have a consistent mid-range and he's not a great ballhandler nor a great playmaker. There are more holes to his game offensively than the guys I listed over him. Celtics are loaded on defense and have great spacing around him but he hasn't proven to be able to put them over the top just yet. He had a great 20-game stretch but I need more than that to actually make a case for him as a top 5 player.

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 08:38 PM
So you are saying he is Paul George... because he made the Conference Finals three times. No other real reason, just that. You are full of shit and/or a moron. Really all there is to this

When did I say that? I said Paul George is a great comp because their numbers and Playoff success are similar and they're both elite 2-way wings. Both love to chuck 3s at a high rate when they should be attacking the basket and getting to the FT line more with how athletic they are, but that's why they're inconsistent and not in that true superstar tier. Paul George finished 3rd in MVP voting once and had a 28/8/4 season with elite RAPM numbers on both ends. I'd say they are fairly similar up to this point.

Real Men Wear Green
10-23-2022, 08:50 PM
When did I say that? I said Paul George is a great comp because their numbers and Playoff success are similar and they're both elite 2-way wings. Both love to chuck 3s at a high rate when they should be attacking the basket and getting to the FT line more with how athletic they are, but that's why they're inconsistent and not in that true superstar tier. Paul George finished 3rd in MVP voting once and had a 28/8/4 season with elite RAPM numbers on both ends. I'd say they are fairly similar up to this point.
28ppg is George's peak. He did it once when he was 28. Tatum has averaged over 26 since he was 22 and already has a higher career scoring average at the age of 24.

But if we go by your bullshit comparison based on playoff success then who are we comparing Ingram to, Jerry Stackhouse? It's stupid and just doesn't make sense

tontoz
10-23-2022, 08:50 PM
Philly wasn't exactly lighting it up over the second half of the season. One game in particular was amusing.....

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20221023-204511.jpg

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 09:10 PM
28ppg is George's peak. He did it once when he was 28. Tatum has averaged over 26 since he was 22 and already has a higher career scoring average at the age of 24.

But if we go by your bullshit comparison based on playoff success then who are we comparing Ingram to, Jerry Stackhouse? It's stupid and just doesn't make sense

Why are you so offended at the Paul George comparison? George had B2B ECF runs and was truly an elite 2-way player who went toe to toe with peak Bran in the POs and held his own on both ends.. He was on a superstar trajectory before that horrible leg injury.

ShawkFactory
10-23-2022, 09:16 PM
Why are you so offended at the Paul George comparison? George had B2B ECF runs and was truly an elite 2-way player who went toe to toe with peak Bran in the POs and held his own on both ends.. He was on a superstar trajectory before that horrible leg injury.

PG is not a bad comparison at all. But I'm confused as to what you're argument is now. You are saying that Tatum isn't THAT guy but you're talking about the comparison you made for him as an elite 2-way player with a superstar trajectory before the injury.

So you're saying that Tatum is an elite 2-way player with a superstar trajectory? Yea...us too.

tontoz
10-23-2022, 09:18 PM
He doesn't have a clue. Ingram has played 6 seasons in the NBA, made one all Star game, but we're supposed to believe he is better than a guy that was just first team All NBA.

:facepalm

Axe
10-23-2022, 09:20 PM
Klay > Ingram easily

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 09:21 PM
PG is not a bad comparison at all. But I'm confused as to what you're argument is now. You are saying that Tatum isn't THAT guy but you're talking about the comparison you made for him as an elite 2-way player with a superstar trajectory before the injury.

So you're saying that Tatum is an elite 2-way player with a superstar trajectory? Yea...us too.

With obvious holes still in his game that separate him from being THAT guy. Once he gets there I'll give it to him.

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 09:24 PM
He doesn't have a clue. Ingram has played 6 seasons in the NBA, made one all Star game, but we're supposed to believe he is better than a guy that was just first team All NBA.

:facepalm

Skill-wise he's clearly on the same level.

Axe
10-23-2022, 09:25 PM
Ingram > oubre

Now that makes sense at least. :oldlol:

ShawkFactory
10-23-2022, 09:29 PM
With obvious holes still in his game that separate him from being THAT guy. Once he gets there I'll give it to him.

The argument isn't him vs Giannis though. Or Steph.

I haven't said that he is on their level yet.

tontoz
10-23-2022, 09:31 PM
Skill-wise he's clearly on the same level.

I have more skills than Shaq. So what?

Skills are one part of the game. Overall Ingram is not on Tatum's level.

Tatum's BPM last year was over 3 times higher than Ingram's. :roll:

Axe
10-23-2022, 09:43 PM
Damn, uncle t bodybagging ImKobe itt. :biggums:

ImKobe
10-23-2022, 09:51 PM
I have more skills than Shaq. So what?

Skills are one part of the game. Overall Ingram is not on Tatum's level.

Tatum's BPM last year was over 3 times higher than Ingram's. :roll:

You're not more skilled than Shaq

BI played on garbage teams his entire career, Pels were 7 - 20 without him last year. Pels and BI been cursed by injuries for years.

This really is the first season BI has anything resembling a team with a true identity and enough talent to actually do shit, he'll finally get his chance.

tontoz
10-23-2022, 09:57 PM
You're not more skilled than Shaq

BI played on garbage teams his entire career, Pels were 7 - 20 without him last year. Pels and BI been cursed by injuries for years.

This really is the first season BI has anything resembling a team with a true identity and enough talent to actually do shit, he'll finally get his chance.

They made the playoffs last year but Ingram couldn't make the All Star game

I like Ingram but saying he is better than Tatum is low IQ trolling.

theman93
10-23-2022, 10:04 PM
Lol no he's not stop it

Taurus
10-24-2022, 01:53 AM
I know team success isn't completely indicative of a single player, but there is something to be said about Ingram not having a winning season yet after 6 seasons in the NBA.

He also only has a single playoff series under his belt, and that was only possible because of the play-in system and PG getting covid

ImKobe
10-24-2022, 02:35 PM
I know team success isn't completely indicative of a single player, but there is something to be said about Ingram not having a winning season yet after 6 seasons in the NBA.

He also only has a single playoff series under his belt, and that was only possible because of the play-in system and PG getting covid

Pels were 29 - 26 with him and 7 - 20 without last season.

His issue is that he has small nagging injuries like AD and for the most part played on some weak ass teams that didn't use him the right way. Tatum was drafted to one of the greatest franchises with one of the best FO's and HC's, a team that made the ECF without him and already had an elite defense and a good offense in place for him to thrive.

AirBonner
10-24-2022, 02:53 PM
Ingraham can’t even hold Tatum’s jock strap stfu

AirBonner
10-24-2022, 02:55 PM

It’s funny Embiid doesn’t catch any flack for getting the shit kicked out of him yearly in the playoffs. He’s just automatically a top player despite getting destroyed far too often. (Tatum has destroyed him the most)

Axe
10-24-2022, 03:01 PM
Pels were 29 - 26 with him and 7 - 20 without last season.

His issue is that he has small nagging injuries like AD and for the most part played on some weak ass teams that didn't use him the right way. Tatum was drafted to one of the greatest franchises with one of the best FO's and HC's, a team that made the ECF without him and already had an elite defense and a good offense in place for him to thrive.
Lol 29-26 is something worthy to rave about?

https://i.giphy.com/media/BFYLNwlsSNtcc/giphy.webp

AirBonner
10-24-2022, 03:02 PM
Lol 29-26 is something worthy to rave about?

https://i.giphy.com/media/BFYLNwlsSNtcc/giphy.webp

Different expectations despite Ingraham being better lolol

dazzer87
10-24-2022, 03:04 PM
Replace Tatum with BI during during the finals….Boston over GSW in 5…….

AirBonner
10-24-2022, 03:16 PM

Boston wouldn’t make it out of the 2nd round if we are being realistic

Wally450
10-24-2022, 03:17 PM

Ingram does not drop 13 assists in game one if he replaces Tatum. The Celtics probably lose in 5 with Ingram instead of 6.

RRR3
11-13-2022, 12:01 PM
Ingram: 21.4/5.8/4.0 on 58.0 TS%, not a good defender

Tatum: 32.3/7.2/4.1 on 65.3 TS%, elite defender

Yeah Ingram is better all right :lol

ShawkFactory
11-13-2022, 01:32 PM

It was silly even before Tatum improved.

PeroAntic
11-13-2022, 02:13 PM

Ingram is a good defender and Tatum will regress to the mean.

ShawkFactory
11-13-2022, 05:45 PM
Ingram is a good defender and Tatum will regress to the mean.

What does this mean?

Real Men Wear Green
11-13-2022, 06:05 PM
What does this mean?

They are thinking he will revert to his form of 2019. It is fine. I have been trying to ignore this thread and you guys are making it difficult.

tontoz
11-13-2022, 06:13 PM
I don't like this comparison because it makes people crap on Ingram who is a legit good player. He just isn't on the same level as a guy who was first team All NBA last year and led his team to the finals.

Axe
11-13-2022, 07:16 PM
I don't like this comparison because it makes people crap on Ingram who is a legit good player. He just isn't on the same level as a guy who was first team All NBA last year and led his team to the finals.
And this thread suddenly just got bumped obviously due to trolling reasons. :yaohappy: