PDA

View Full Version : MPJ to miss tonight's national TV tilt against LAL for "lumbar management"

FultzNationRISE
10-26-2022, 04:25 PM
Lmao.

Every team in the league plays dozens of non-spotlight games all throughout the year. Sitting players for LOAD MANAGEMENT on nationally televised games is such a terrible look and comically ballsy of teams to do. It's a giant **** you to the league, networks, sponsors, and fans.

I mean hey, it's their team, their business, their right to do whatever they want. But it does surprise me what a strange, unnecessary, aloof business move it never fails to appear as.

tontoz
10-26-2022, 04:29 PM
Actually it makes perfect sense. They probably figure they can handle the Lakers without him. :lol

FultzNationRISE
10-26-2022, 04:32 PM
Obviously the idea is instead of contracting the schedule so this isnt necessary, keep playing too many games each season but just have individual players play fewer if they want to. That way you can still get all the money from putting 82 games on TV.

Well, I was gonna watch the game tonight, but... nah.

I know plenty of folks out there will take an endless amount of spits and slaps in the face and never ever consider not continuing to give a company their business. So I'm sure my choice won't affect the league's thinking here.

But when you watch tonight... just understand that all these people are getting paid $100000000 a year to not even play basketball games, because you're the submissive cuck willing to hold the bag. You'll sit there and watch Jeff Green play starter minutes because... what the hell else are you gonna do with your time? Someone's gotta be the fish.

But for me, if I'm not getting a good product, I'll just find other things to do.

/rant

Xiao Yao You
10-26-2022, 04:40 PM
the bigger issue is when crappy teams are on national tv all the time because they happen to be from a big city.

bison
10-26-2022, 04:40 PM
No MPJ, no difference

ShawkFactory
10-26-2022, 04:48 PM
It's especially egregious because they play Utah on Friday at home. Could easily do it then.

Load management is easily the thing that irks me most about the league. As you said, it's their business and prerogative to do so...but it hurts their business.

Back in 2005 I was a huge Tmac fan, so as a Christmas present that year my dad got us tickets to see the Hawks play the Rockets in Atlanta. That was obviously when Yao was also on the team, and I shit you not..of the 16,000-17,000 capacity, there had to have been 2500 Chinese/southeast Asian people in the house. Shit was nuts.

ANNNNDDD...guess who didn't play that night? Yep.

I know Yao is an extreme example and his body wasn't meant to play 82 basketball games at 35 minutes a game. But I'll never forget that. You have a dad paying $90 or more a ticket to take his son to see Steph play in Indiana and dude is load managing that night? Shit isn't right.

tontoz
10-26-2022, 04:51 PM
the bigger issue is when crappy teams are on national tv all the time because they happen to be from a big city.

Yeah the only times i have watched the Lakers in recent years are when they play the Wizards or when they were in the play in game vs GS. :lol

Smook A.
10-26-2022, 05:01 PM
Russ might be out too

FultzNationRISE
10-26-2022, 05:13 PM
Russ might be out too

Ok well THEN I might actually watch.

:yaohappy:

bison
10-26-2022, 05:54 PM
Russ might be out too

oh god please lets this be true

Xiao Yao You
10-26-2022, 06:10 PM
It's especially egregious because they play Utah on Friday at home. Could easily do it then.

Load management is easily the thing that irks me most about the league. As you said, it's their business and prerogative to do so...but it hurts their business.

Back in 2005 I was a huge Tmac fan, so as a Christmas present that year my dad got us tickets to see the Hawks play the Rockets in Atlanta. That was obviously when Yao was also on the team, and I shit you not..of the 16,000-17,000 capacity, there had to have been 2500 Chinese/southeast Asian people in the house. Shit was nuts.

ANNNNDDD...guess who didn't play that night? Yep.

I know Yao is an extreme example and his body wasn't meant to play 82 basketball games at 35 minutes a game. But I'll never forget that. You have a dad paying $90 or more a ticket to take his son to see Steph play in Indiana and dude is load managing that night? Shit isn't right.

Porter is as extreme as Yao. The back is a serious think believe me

Full Court
10-26-2022, 07:21 PM
Great news for you, OP. Bronie might actually win his first game of the season. :lol

HylianNightmare
10-26-2022, 07:24 PM
Easy win for Denver