PDA

View Full Version : This man Rudy Gobert is so fking good smh…

Im so nba'd out
10-28-2022, 10:35 PM
I love making fun of little Rudy toody just as much as the next man but damn he is really really good. Man makes such a fking impact with just O boards and shot blocking and now his guards actually give him the ball when he’s open like the French national team…. Smh

TLDR: fk you rob and Jeanie

Proctor
10-28-2022, 10:39 PM
He is that good...in the regular season.

But he has a couple negatives that are highly exploitable in the playoffs...that's just the way it is. No different than an even engaged version of Ben Simmons.

SATAN
10-28-2022, 10:40 PM
He would have looked less good if the Lakers could give him a reason to defend the 3 point line. But yeah, he's pretty good.

imdaman99
10-28-2022, 10:41 PM
Already the best player on that team. Now no one will kill towns when he hangs at the 3pt line like he's always wanted to do. Doesn't have to do any of the dirty work cuz Rudy will happily.

Full Court
10-28-2022, 10:51 PM
He had a great game tonight. It just bothers me how terrible he is at free throws. That's a huge liability.

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2022, 10:57 PM
He had a great game tonight. It just bothers me how terrible he is at free throws. That's a huge liability.

not horrible for a big

beau_boy04
10-28-2022, 11:00 PM
Everybody is having career nights against the Lakers !
:roll:

Xiao Yao You
10-28-2022, 11:03 PM
Everybody is having career nights against the Lakers !
:roll:

not a career night

AlternativeAcc.
10-28-2022, 11:08 PM
I like a troll thread like the next guy but this shit is way over the top my dude :oldlol:

Full Court
10-28-2022, 11:42 PM
not horrible for a big

Even for a big, he's pretty bad.

Xiao Yao You
10-29-2022, 07:47 AM

high 60's/low 70's is typical. He's not Shaq bad

Full Court
10-29-2022, 09:51 AM
high 60's/low 70's is typical. He's not Shaq bad

Shaq was one of the worst ever, so you can't use him as the standard. What other good bigs are in the high 60s? Maybe Nurkic and Mobley?

I think most of the Gobert hate on here is unwarranted, but you can't deny that he's a bad free throw shooter. Last year he was in the top 10 worst free throw shooters in the league. I expect he'll be there again this year.

1987_Lakers
10-29-2022, 10:09 AM

Wilt was a 51% FT shooter, (47% in the playoffs) yet you still have him top 3 ever.

As for Rudy, it's obvious he has elite level defensive impact and he's always been a top tier rebounder. I don't believe he deserves all the hate he has gotten by fans & some media. He's not elite offensively, but nobody has ever compared him or thought he would be the next Shaq or Hakeem. The hate he gets is unwarranted.

Full Court
10-29-2022, 10:14 AM
Wilt was a 51% FT shooter, (47% in the playoffs) yet you still have him top 3 ever.

As for Rudy, it's obvious he has elite level defensive impact and he's always been a top tier rebounder. I don't believe he deserves all the hate he has gotten by fans & some media. He's not elite offensively, but nobody has ever compared him or thought he would be the next Shaq or Hakeem. The hate he gets is unwarranted.

Yep, Wilt was a horrible free throw shooter. If he was a good free throw shooter, he might have triple his amount of rings and be undisputed GOAT. It's a flaw that can lose games. Especially in playoffs.

1987_Lakers
10-29-2022, 10:20 AM
He is that good...in the regular season.

But he has a couple negatives that are highly exploitable in the playoffs...that's just the way it is. No different than an even engaged version of Ben Simmons.

The only series "he got exposed" was the Clippers series, but let's be honest, put someone like Kareem or Wilt in today's era and they too would be "exposed" if they were forced to switch onto guarding a perimeter player or if they had to guard a big who could shoot. Bigs back then didn't have to worry about guarding the perimeter.

Thinking basketball did a great video on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDTrUdGRUvA

BigShotBob
10-29-2022, 12:33 PM
The only series "he got exposed" was the Clippers series, but let's be honest, put someone like Kareem or Wilt in today's era and they too would be "exposed" if they were forced to switch onto guarding a perimeter player or if they had to guard a big who could shoot. Bigs back then didn't have to worry about guarding the perimeter.

Difference is that Wilt and Kareem would punish small ball lineups so that it would be unplayable

Rudy cant

meat
10-29-2022, 01:17 PM
We all know Rudy Toody is good it's just that Xiao Yao Ming ruined it for everyone with his undying insufferable man love for him.

Manny98
10-29-2022, 01:41 PM
Until the playoffs come and he gets lit up by the likes of Terrence Mann and Maxi Kleber:oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
10-29-2022, 03:25 PM
Shaq was one of the worst ever, so you can't use him as the standard. What other good bigs are in the high 60s? Maybe Nurkic and Mobley?

I think most of the Gobert hate on here is unwarranted, but you can't deny that he's a bad free throw shooter. Last year he was in the top 10 worst free throw shooters in the league. I expect he'll be there again this year.

Shot a career high last year. Hard to believe 69% is one of the worst in the league. The Jazz have 5 below that right now

Xiao Yao You
10-29-2022, 03:26 PM

what was exposed? That he can't guard 5 guys by himself?

Full Court
10-29-2022, 09:45 PM
Shot a career high last year. Hard to believe 69% is one of the worst in the league. The Jazz have 5 below that right now

Hey man, I'm not a Gobert hater. I'm just pointing out that he's a bad free throw shooter. Most players have flaws. That's his.

AlternativeAcc.
11-05-2022, 03:32 PM
:roll::roll::roll: