PDA

View Full Version : I told you Durant made teams worse

JohnMax
10-30-2022, 01:55 AM
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1586538334276374529

He's too physically weak for his position which results in his teams getting out muscled on both sides of the ball. Nets can't run ball movement offense because Durant is too weak to set screens. Nets keep getting out rebounded because Durant is too weak to box out or grab contested rebounds. I correctly pointed out this flaw many times in the past but I was called all types of names because agenda was to protect Durant.

Paolo Banchero
10-30-2022, 01:56 AM
OK. He is coming from achilles. Its not easy. Look at Kawhi post-ACL or what happened to Kobe.

Spurs m8
10-30-2022, 02:06 AM
Yeah, he made the Warriors so much worse..

Lead them to finals of 4-1 and 4-0 as he collected 2 fmvp

Thank you for the fantastic thread, JohnMax

Lebron23
10-30-2022, 02:50 AM

Do you even have a job??

Spurs m8
10-30-2022, 02:59 AM
Do you even have a job??

Absolutely, have worked in finance for 19 years

Axe
10-30-2022, 03:06 AM
Do you even have a job??
:roll:

Spurs m8
10-30-2022, 03:07 AM

Dude, you have a 30 post per day average on here.

You don't have a job or friends.

SATAN
10-30-2022, 03:12 AM
I think he's actually stronger than his frame would have many assume but yeah, nobody expects him to set nasty picks and average 10 rebounds per game. He is what he is. Just trying to do too much offensively. Him and "Ree". :facepalm

Nets should send Harris and Curry to LA where their talents are actually wanted and appreciated.

Axe
10-30-2022, 03:12 AM
Dude, you have a 30 post per day average on here.

You don't have a job or friends.
Says the soggy bogan scum who literally can't stop thinking about lebron itb. :oldlol:

SATAN
10-30-2022, 03:13 AM
Shots fired.

Spurs m8
10-30-2022, 03:15 AM
Shots fired.

Man, it's Axe...no one cares about Axe...his existence is pain

Lebron23
10-30-2022, 03:17 AM
Absolutely, have worked in finance for 19 years

Why do you hate LeBron??

Axe
10-30-2022, 03:18 AM
"No one cares..."

Yet continues to mention my username lmao.

Spurs m8
10-30-2022, 03:19 AM
Why do you hate LeBron??

I don't lol

I just don't respect him, due to everything about him

bdonovan
10-30-2022, 05:37 AM
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1586538334276374529

He's too physically weak for his position which results in his teams getting out muscled on both sides of the ball. Nets can't run ball movement offense because Durant is too weak to set screens. Nets keep getting out rebounded because Durant is too weak to box out or grab contested rebounds. I correctly pointed out this flaw many times in the past but I was called all types of names because agenda was to protect Durant.

You were right. As was I. A close friend, we worked together at the same company for several years, is a huge Durant fan and felt the Nets were going to dominate. I told him when it happened Durant wasn't going to win anything and that's from watching him almost every game he played with the Warriors. I'm not an emotional fan- I simply watch all aspects of the game, especially defense.

The game is not understood by stats. At all. I work in an environment which is data-driven and have to know what the data can tell us and what it cannot. Nowhere is this more true than NBA defense.

For years on these boards, I documented on how Durant broke the defense by letting his man free. Often his man did not score because Durant's teammates would switch, but Durant's man would then pass to the open man and score. So on stats it would look like Thompson's man or Draymond's man was scoring a lot on them - but it was actually because Durant was "phoning it in" on D, and breaking the defense.

Durant conserves energy on defense. If one is a ball-watcher, you won't see this. If Durant happens to be on his man, he can guard him okay. However, it's off-the-ball where Durant has his hands on his knees, gathering his breath (for the next offensive set).

Durant does NOT switch when needed. He does not run around screens. He does not box out. He does not get his hands in the passing lanes. He does not double when needed. He does NOT do the critical things needed to keep the opposing team's point score down. It's nothing personal- I don't dislike the guy- just describing his play.

Durant's biggest mistake was going to a team that could NOT cover for his deficiencies like the Warriors could.

The Nets are 1-5 with the 3rd worst point differential at -8.7. Only the Pistons and Rockets are worse. Even the Lakers, who've never won a game this year , are better. It's NOT enough to score points, play hero ball, and have fancy 1:1 moves to be a world-class NBA team.

If your superstar is putting 100% effort on D, even if he's not the greatest defender, it changes the mentality of the entire team. Giannis puts full effort on D, so does Steph; so does Tatum/Brown (at least starting from midway last year). There's a reason these guys win or are at least competitive because they inspire their team to fight hard on both sides of the court.

PeroAntic
10-30-2022, 06:40 AM
Durant is great, just he was too stupid and vain to leave GSW and now age is catching up with him.

hold this L
10-30-2022, 11:50 AM

He didn't lead shit. His comment is just as dumb as your post. In no way does KD make teams worse though, OP's clearly trolling. He's a beast and can win games by himself, but he's always been about going in his own wavelength. So he won't be elevating teams like Bron, Steph & others, but he can still kill you if the teams themselves are even and he's the one to make the difference.

tontoz
10-30-2022, 12:02 PM
Durant clearly isn't the nets problem but his rebounds and assists are notably down so far.

JohnMax
10-30-2022, 12:14 PM
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-excuses-flapping-of-capes-and-sympathizing-for-kevin-durant-need-to-stop.944854/

Another poster who can see Durant's flaws

Real Men Wear Green
10-30-2022, 12:18 PM
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-excuses-flapping-of-capes-and-sympathizing-for-kevin-durant-need-to-stop.944854/

Another poster who can see Durant's flaws
There is a large difference between pointing out the fact that Durant is responsible for putting this team together and saying that he makes teams worse. He's one of the greatest scorers of all time. He does not make teams worse.

beau_boy04
10-30-2022, 01:38 PM
KD sucks. he just want to play ball. of course not everybody can be like MJ, Magic, Bird, Curry, etc leadership wise.

SouBeachTalents
10-30-2022, 01:44 PM
He didn't lead shit. His comment is just as dumb as your post. In no way does KD make teams worse though, OP's clearly trolling. He's a beast and can win games by himself, but he's always been about going in his own wavelength. So he won't be elevating teams like Bron, Steph & others, but he can still kill you if the teams themselves are even and he's the one to make the difference.
Save it bro, Curry will NEVER win a ring without KD.

Paolo Banchero
10-30-2022, 02:52 PM

He has elevated teams. I got KD ahead of Curry. Clearly when they played together it was obvious who better player is.

Spurs m8
10-30-2022, 03:18 PM

Okay, big guy

Spurs m8
10-30-2022, 03:18 PM
He has elevated teams. I got KD ahead of Curry. Clearly when they played together it was obvious who better player is.

Exactly.

hold this L
10-31-2022, 02:04 PM
https://media.tenor.com/AQz3_zaiD14AAAAM/hysterical-laughter.gif

tontoz
10-31-2022, 02:23 PM

I agree Seth will never win a ring without Durant.

Gohan
10-31-2022, 07:26 PM

I even had to laugh at that joke muphucka

bison
10-31-2022, 11:39 PM
Why do you hate LeBron??

We don’t hate lebron. We hate you stupid short filipino f@ggots who have nothing to contribute to basketball discussion besides spamming social media with your dumb uneducated team hopping. You people are like insects. Worthless Flip you smell like sh1t. Stick to billiards or boxing you ugly dark midget. What a worthless culture you stupid fvcking Filipinos are.