PDA

View Full Version : NBA needs to make defensive rules changes.

StrongLurk
10-31-2022, 03:58 PM
The NBA would be so much more watchable if they allowed bigs to camp near the rim on defense again. NBA also needs to get rid of the "protecting" the shooter fouls where you basically can't close out hard on jump shooters (mostly three pointers).

I am so over watching a million spammed threes and uncontested layups honestly. Offense just has crazy advantages over the last few years.

3ba11
10-31-2022, 04:29 PM
There was a year where Harden, Westbrook and everyone's numbers increased pretty dramatically - around 2017 or 2018 - it was around the same time that the new "no impede" rules were instituted (mandating no defense)

The NBA has basically broken the offensive records every year since

noonereal
10-31-2022, 04:46 PM
The NBA would be so much more watchable if they allowed bigs to camp near the rim on defense again. NBA also needs to get rid of the "protecting" the shooter fouls where you basically can't close out hard on jump shooters (mostly three pointers).

I am so over watching a million spammed threes and uncontested layups honestly. Offense just has crazy advantages over the last few years.

disagree and disagree

but thanks for your post!

Spurs m8
10-31-2022, 04:51 PM
Exactly.

It's so low iq, beta and clueless to think more scoring = better ball

I'm here to watch players actually compete and fight for baskets, not just jack up endless shots, flop around and shoot FT's

Give me games with tight D, proper battles and team scores under 100 tbh

This is what sport is about....

noonereal
10-31-2022, 04:52 PM
There was a year where Harden, Westbrook and everyone's numbers increased pretty dramatically - around 2017 or 2018 - it was around the same time that the new "no impede" rules were instituted (mandating no defense)

The NBA has basically broken the offensive records every year since

Oh look, total bullshit.

No team since 1983 has been in the top 20 scoring teams of all time. None, zero, zilch. That is 40 years for those that can't add.

90sgoat
10-31-2022, 05:25 PM
NBA needs a black commissioner.

My vote goes for Isaiah Thomas.

90sgoat
10-31-2022, 05:47 PM
The NBA would be so much more watchable if they allowed bigs to camp near the rim on defense again.

An underrated aspect of this is that it would bring athleticism back in the game again.

Players like Ant and Morant and many others would really be able to showcase their skills again.

Dunking is just not important anymore as a skill. Who cares. There's never any need to go up and over anymore.

brownmamba00
10-31-2022, 09:02 PM
if you remove the 3sec rule you would see a lot teams playing zone defense. honestly i'm not for bigs camping around the rim.

StrongLurk
10-31-2022, 10:17 PM
Again, I think teams should be allowed to have a big camp near the rim. It's FAR more risky of a strategy than in the past because offenses will still space the floor with elite shooting. It's not like that alone will cause teams to score way less points, but I think it would make offense harder which is really needed now. A regular season NBA game just has way too many uncontested layups. It looks too easy, even scrubs can get uncontested layups.

I think this would bring back a bit more midrange game too.