PDA

View Full Version : Lakers are a very underrated team

Full Court
11-03-2022, 10:09 PM
They got off to a poor shooting start, and I know they're 2-5 right now, but as long as AD stays healthy, they'll end up high in the playoff bracket.

Ham is showing signs of being an outstanding coach, and the Lakers are playing great defense - fixing their biggest problem they had last year.

Now here's the reason they've struggled so far: Lebron doesn't fit well with the rest of the team. I now this is going to outrage the nutthuggers amongst you, but it's true. The Lakers are playing a fast-paced, defensively sound game. All of them except Lebron. He's sandbagging on defense so he can pad his offensive stats, and he's having trouble keeping up the pace for more than a quarter. When he sits on the bench, the team does very well - even against good teams. Then when he comes back off the bench, he slows the pace down and kills the momentum. I've seen this in multiple games.

Once Lebron gets injured or Ham starts playing him fewer minutes, you'll see the Lakers make up for the bad start they got off to. As long as AD is still playing, that is.

RRR3
11-03-2022, 10:14 PM
LeBron has ruined your life.

ShawkFactory
11-03-2022, 10:22 PM
Make up for the bad start? What does that look like?

A 10th seed?

Johnny32
11-04-2022, 12:39 AM
i actually agree the lakers offensive style doesn't fit this version of lebron. they should be playing slow with shooters with lebron or even big with guys who can roll to the basket. the rebound and push style should be westbrook and some other young athletic players running with him. i don't want lebron's old ass or ad's injured ass running up and down the court like this all reg season.

3ba11
11-04-2022, 01:06 AM
A slow, defensive brand of ball seems optimal - if they're staggering Lebron and Westbrook's minutes then Westbrook will still have opportunity to play fast.

Lebron's teams have overperformed in defensive contests like the 06' ECSF or 08' ECSF or 15' Finals

And the Lakers should have a format they use sometimes where Lebron is a banger inside while AD floats around him on the perimeter - if the Lakers become contenders, it will be because AD is the best player

Full Court
11-04-2022, 07:05 AM
LeBron has ruined your life.

He's the most entertaining player to watch so far this year. :lol

Well, second. Behind Morant.

:lebronamazed:

ImKobe
11-04-2022, 02:05 PM
They've had a tough schedule yet are 3rd in DRTG. And the fact that they made the Russ adjustment this early gives me hope that they can overcome some of their shooting woes. They shouldn't be historically bad from 3 as they have some shooters and there's no way that Bran, Lonnie Walker and Pat Bev all keep struggling from 3 like this. Bran will get to 33-35% range as will Bev & Walker and that's good enough if the team's healthy and playing elite D.

TAZORAC
11-04-2022, 05:12 PM
When Thomas Bryant comes back that should give Davis more resting time.

I'd play Westbrook, Ryan, Browne JR, Bryant and somebody else.

I've always aside Westbrook is at his best with shooters and lob catchers playing with him. He and James don't mesh