PDA

View Full Version : Why does Banchero get so little hype?

90sgoat
11-05-2022, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I know he gets some talk, but it's not like bigtime hyper like Zion or even Cade, while Banchero is easily on route to be better than both.

Banchero is 19 and he looks like a seasoned vet out there. This guy is going to be a sure thing.

I see Lamar Odom, young Kevin Garnett, Blake Griffin after he became a jumpshooter.

This guy has is prototype championship mobile big. Like it's that mold of KG and Odom, coast to coast.

Banchero is a sure thing. Pair him with an all star guard and you've got yourself a team.

He doesn't get the hype, because he doesn't jump like Zion or dribble like Ja, but he is the best american talent since .. maybe Steph?

tontoz
11-05-2022, 06:02 PM
He's on a bad team that has won 2 games. His numbers are very good for a rookie but he isn't exactly lighting up the league.

Zion as a rookie was far more efficient as a scorer and an athletic freak, which will always get more attention initially.

bison
11-05-2022, 06:05 PM
Not as flashy as ja and Zion. He might get attention later though if he continues to get better and helps his teams win.

90sgoat
11-05-2022, 06:30 PM
Banchero is extremely fundamentally sound though.

People are too stupid to understand what they're watching.

This is like what it would be if Duncan entered the league at 19.

Banchero has practically no weaknesses. He just needs to be stronger and a better defender, which all 19 year olds need to work on.

theman93
11-05-2022, 06:38 PM
Yeah but have you seen Bol Bol?

https://twitter.com/beyondtheRK/status/1589015909602992128?s=20&t=EdbgQ-BkzsxCqWk7LsYZLg

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1588928240147918850?s=20&t=EdbgQ-BkzsxCqWk7LsYZLg

90sgoat
11-05-2022, 06:40 PM
Yeah but have you seen Bol Bol?

https://twitter.com/beyondtheRK/status/1589015909602992128?s=20&t=EdbgQ-BkzsxCqWk7LsYZLg

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1588928240147918850?s=20&t=EdbgQ-BkzsxCqWk7LsYZLg

It's the age of the skinnies.

theman93
11-05-2022, 06:42 PM
Banchero is extremely fundamentally sound though.

People are too stupid to understand what they're watching.

This is like what it would be if Duncan entered the league at 19.

Banchero has practically no weaknesses. He just needs to be stronger and a better defender, which all 19 year olds need to work on.

Besides not being a very good 3 point shooter, yes you're correct.

Also criminally underrated at drawing fouls.

Real Men Wear Green
11-05-2022, 07:04 PM
He has the tools for greatness but Zion Williamson has overwhelming athleticism and power to go along with his skill set. We saw Tatum shut Banchero down. Banchero could get the better of Tatum in the future but nothing about him (size athleticism strength) is beyond Tatum's ability to cope. Williamson on the other hand would destroy Tatum with power. Celtics wouldn't even subject Tatum to that. Most teams have one or two guys that they would feel at all comfortable putting on Williamson and only the Bucks have someone that can stop him (Giannis).

Cunningham I disagree that he's more hyped. Barely any attention is paid to the Pistons his hype isn't noticeably greater than Banchero.

Im Still Ballin
11-05-2022, 07:16 PM
I wonder if he'll ever be a top 5 guy, let alone a top 10. Seems like a guy who's always going to be stuck in that 10 to 20 range. A player that is very good off the bat but maybe never great.

He's got tremendous tools, but the lack of shooting hurts. Can he become a good perimeter threat? If he does, his game opens up completely.

At 250 pounds, he's already very strong. However, you have to wonder if he'll get bigger and stronger? Is he just a man child or does he have room to grow? If he could get up to 270 without losing mobility, he could be a paint terror.

He'll never be a Zion explosiveness-wise, but I don't see why he couldn't be an Old man LeBron in the paint. Meaning, he's scoring 70-78% in the paint on good volume. Strong bodying fools as he slashes to the rim.

90sgoat
11-05-2022, 07:43 PM
I see him as a Lamar Odom type or a KG type, which is, a Pippen role, a luxury second option, that can get his own buckets, but would probably benefit the most from not being the focus of the defense all the time.

Which is a type of player that is honestly needed today as everyone thinks they need to be the ball dominant player.

Spurs m8
11-05-2022, 07:45 PM
Because the NBA media are simpletons

90sgoat
11-05-2022, 07:47 PM
Because the NBA media are simpletons

Agreed, they don't see the fundamentals and they don't understand how rare it is.

Also, if Banchero had 4 years of college, he'd be a rookie probably putting up all star numbers.

theman93
11-05-2022, 07:55 PM
I wonder if he'll ever be a top 5 guy, let alone a top 10. Seems like a guy who's always going to be stuck in that 10 to 20 range. A player that is very good off the bat but maybe never great.

He's got tremendous tools, but the lack of shooting hurts. Can he become a good perimeter threat? If he does, his game opens up completely.

At 250 pounds, he's already very strong. However, you have to wonder if he'll get bigger and stronger? Is he just a man child or does he have room to grow? If he could get up to 270 without losing mobility, he could be a paint terror.

He'll never be a Zion explosiveness-wise, but I don't see why he couldn't be an Old man LeBron in the paint. Meaning, he's scoring 70-78% in the paint on good volume. Strong bodying fools as he slashes to the rim.

He doesn't need to get to 270, he already has the footwork polish and body type now to dominate the paint. He just needs to keep refining it. There's no reason he can't be a top 10 player if his three pointer develops. There's not really a weakness in his offensive game outside of that and below average free throw shooting. He's a solid enough defender as well.

Im Still Ballin
11-05-2022, 08:25 PM
He doesn't need to get to 270, he already has the footwork polish and body type now to dominate the paint. He just needs to keep refining it. There's no reason he can't be a top 10 player if his three pointer develops. There's not really a weakness in his offensive game outside of that and below average free throw shooting. He's a solid enough defender as well.

But if he can get to 270 without any problems, why not? As long as his mobility and durability remain. An extra twenty pounds may not seem like much but it would make a significant difference.

Just depends on if his body has room to grow. Probably not.

highwhey
11-05-2022, 08:38 PM
But if he can get to 270 without any problems, why not? As long as his mobility and durability remain. An extra twenty pounds may not seem like much but it would make a significant difference.

Just depends on if his body has room to grow. Probably not.
it'd slow him down and make him more injury prone. 250lb @6'10 in this era is big enough...

90sgoat
11-05-2022, 08:41 PM
Just needs to lift some weights and become stronger, don't need to put on a lot of weight.

Also will learn to control his strength as he ages, that old man strength.

If you see Shaq in his rookie season, he didn't know how to use his extreme bulk and strength at all.

HylianNightmare
11-05-2022, 08:47 PM
If the magic can ever stay healthy and win he will get hype

Sportal
11-05-2022, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I know he gets some talk, but it's not like bigtime hyper like Zion or even Cade, while Banchero is easily on route to be better than both.

Banchero is 19 and he looks like a seasoned vet out there. This guy is going to be a sure thing.

I see Lamar Odom, young Kevin Garnett, Blake Griffin after he became a jumpshooter.

This guy has is prototype championship mobile big. Like it's that mold of KG and Odom, coast to coast.

Banchero is a sure thing. Pair him with an all star guard and you've got yourself a team.

He doesn't get the hype, because he doesn't jump like Zion or dribble like Ja, but he is the best american talent since .. maybe Steph?

I mentioned this not that long ago and talked about the draft that had Wiggins and Jabari Parker and how high everyone was on those players. Well... I think Banchero is what people believed Parker was gonna be, and more, but yet not a lot of talk. Not really basketball fans here though, LeBron lovers/haters and that's about it, bare like maybe 10-15 posters, the rest have moved on.

majari1234
11-05-2022, 10:56 PM
I wanna mention Bennedict Mathurin .

PeroAntic
11-06-2022, 01:38 PM
He is a bit mechanical in his movements. Effective but not really aesthetically stylish.

RachlNicholsazz
11-06-2022, 03:57 PM
He needs a catchy nickname

KNOW1EDGE
11-06-2022, 06:13 PM
He plays in Orlando

Paolo Banchero
11-08-2022, 12:15 AM
Back to back 30-Point Games!

3ba11
11-08-2022, 01:15 AM
ESPN only likes things that they see coming.

They got Banchero wrong, so they won't hype him until they have to.. it's just petulance...

of course I hyped him but everyone laughed at me and said I needed mental help

Same thing with Ingram

Same thing with Pippen

1987_Lakers
11-08-2022, 01:19 AM
ESPN only likes things that they see coming.

They got Banchero wrong, so they won't hype him until they have to.. it's just petulance...

of course I hyped him but everyone laughed at me and said I needed mental help

Same thing with Ingram

Same thing with Pippen

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?503264-Banchero-runs-like-Lebron

So he's basically Lebron without the passing

3ba11
11-08-2022, 01:28 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?503264-Banchero-runs-like-Lebron

So he's basically Lebron without the passing

Yes so it was ironic that many Lebron aficionados didn't see Banchero coming

1987_Lakers
11-08-2022, 01:29 AM
Yes so it was ironic that many Lebron aficionados didn't see Banchero coming

He was the #1 overall pick. I'm sure many people including some LeBron fans saw him coming.

90sgoat
11-08-2022, 02:04 AM
He is a bit mechanical in his movements. Effective but not really aesthetically stylish.

*fundamentally sound

He's a sort of small forward Duncan.

Actually, I feel he is more of a KG rookie.

RogueBorg
11-08-2022, 09:24 AM
He needs a catchy nicknamePersonally I like Pablo Ranchero.