PDA

View Full Version : If Steph Curry Chucked like Iverson (25+ Attempts per game)

Big164
11-08-2022, 11:02 AM
Steph career 3p%(.428)
Iverson career fg% (.425)

Steph would average over 40 per game.

Real Men Wear Green
11-08-2022, 11:08 AM
Wouldn't work like that. As great a shot maker as he is Curry still practices shot selection, all players do. If he knew he would hit over 40% of his threes no matter what there would be no reason for him not to just pull the trigger every time he passed half court. And while yes he's a much better shooter than Iverson part of the reason Iverson has such a worse fg %age is that he was so focused in on trying to score. He was more likely to try a shot that was difficult for him than Steph is to try a shot that he finds challenging.

Big164
11-08-2022, 11:46 AM
This is insane but I still dont think Steph has maxed out his true potential. If he had the shot volume of Kobe/MJ/Ai we would see something really special. Like 81 points in a game special.

Phoenix
11-08-2022, 11:51 AM
This is insane but I still dont think Steph has maxed out his true potential. If he had the shot volume of Kobe/MJ/Ai we would see something really special. Like 81 points in a game special.

I'm amazed he hasn't broken Klays record for makes in a game. He's had several games where he he had like 10-11 3s and sat out most/all of the 4th because the game was blown wide open. Hell at this point I'm surprised he hasn't knocked on 20.

Real Men Wear Green
11-08-2022, 12:28 PM

Do you trust his ability to judge when to pass and when to shoot? Is not like he's a Stockton out there playing pass first. Every player could score more if they shot more. That doesn't mean it would be better basketball.

Kblaze8855
11-08-2022, 12:56 PM
This Is one of those things heavily influenced by era and I’m not even talking about how teams are built and rules have changed. Allen Iverson was playing 44 minutes a game the year he took his most shots. Go look at his game logs. In his prime there are times he will play all but six seconds and then play 47 minutes the next night of a back to back. Look at the shooting per minute. Steph in 2021 matched Allen Iverson‘s career high and shot more than Iverson did in his MVP season despite having considerably more offensive talent on his team to carry the scoring and especially spread the floor.

2021 Steph over 02 Iverson minutes is over 28 shots a game for yes…41 points. But he does shoot about as much as Iverson did at times. It just doesn’t look like it because modern players are so load managed. He’s shooting as often as Iverson in a league catered to guards while shooting as many threes as you’d expect a goat shooter to.

I would expect him to score more.

But point is he doesn’t score less because he isn’t aggressively looking for his shot. He scores less because he doesn’t need to play as much. How much they shoot per minute is a lot closer than you would assume.

Im so nba'd out
11-08-2022, 01:04 PM
Everyone knows if you put Steph in a d'antoni type system like james harden and tell him go do what you want he would average 40 points. This is well known. He is probably the best scorer ever since he's the best shooter ever. Steph plays winning ball tho so he would be miserable shattering records and losing every year

tontoz
11-08-2022, 01:08 PM
The minutes point is valid. Curry wouldn't be able to play the minutes Iverson did because he does so much running off the ball.

GrayGoat
11-08-2022, 01:52 PM
Op should have posted this on his warriorfan account

WhiteKyrie
11-08-2022, 02:40 PM
If Iverson played in this soft ass, no perimeter physicality, PACE and SPACE league … hed average 40 ppg.

His efficiency went up in his early to mid 30s after the rule changes in 2006. He’d be even more potent now.

Kblaze8855
11-08-2022, 03:04 PM
The minutes point is valid. Curry wouldn't be able to play the minutes Iverson did because he does so much running off the ball.

He would never take that beating(nor should he). He will never play defenses that could play him the way teams could play AI even if we ignore Iversons teams at times couldn’t shoot at all.

Ignoring any kinda comparison between anyone then vs now they just played really different games 20-25 years ago.

Nobody bigtime today is gonna be asked or allowed to play 44-46 minutes a game back to back on a regular basis like AI could and did. It really throws off the perception of his game when people ignore that. Kinda like Wilt really.

Per minute 2020 Giannis shot more than AI ever did. I think Luka shoots more than Iverson. In AIs career high 33ppg season he shot less per 36 minutes than Devin Booker shot last year.

AI just didn’t come out of games. He wasn’t as much of an outlier jacking up shots wise as people would think.

He just didn’t get tired and his coaches would let him keep going.

Kblaze8855
11-08-2022, 03:11 PM
He played 5 straight games of 47, 42, 48, 53, and 47 minutes. Another 3 game stretch of 48, 47, and 48 minutes including a back to back. Not playoffs where everyone’s minutes go up. Just regular season games. Played all but 43 seconds of 3 straight games.

It skews the numbers a bit.

tontoz
11-08-2022, 03:41 PM
Another thing that skews the numbers is reseting the shot clock to 14 after an offensive rebound.

Also defenders today have to cover a lot more ground than players did in the past.

I would agree that Luka takes more shots than Iverson, he is just much more efficient. I just wish he would stop jacking 3s early in the clock before anyone else touches the ball. He isn't Curry or Dame.

Big164
11-08-2022, 04:20 PM
He played 5 straight games of 47, 42, 48, 53, and 47 minutes. Another 3 game stretch of 48, 47, and 48 minutes including a back to back. Not playoffs where everyone’s minutes go up. Just regular season games. Played all but 43 seconds of 3 straight games.

It skews the numbers a bit.

If Youve seen any Warrior games this year…Steph might be forced to play big minutes just to carry this team to the playoffs. Everyone is either too damn old or too inexperienced. There is Zero consistency outside of Steph.

GrayGoat
11-08-2022, 05:11 PM
If Youve seen any Warrior games this year…Steph might be forced to play big minutes just to carry this team to the playoffs. Everyone is either too damn old or too inexperienced. There is Zero consistency outside of Steph.

If Steph could defend he wouldn’t have to exert so much on offense. Draymond shouldn’t be burdened with all the defense

Axe
11-08-2022, 06:10 PM
If Steph could defend he wouldn’t have to exert so much on offense. Draymond shouldn’t be burdened with all the defense
It takes at least four screensetters for chef's offensive abilities to be truly effective in the court. And when postseason comes, his numbers usually dip because there's more defensive pressure there during that period. Therefore, another player will offer some offensive help rt so he wouldn't be overwhelmed.

tontoz
11-08-2022, 06:49 PM
In the finals last summer, against an elite defense, Curry averaged 31 ppg with a 62.6% TS. Can't do that just running off screens.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/IMG_20220605_211650.jpg

Axe
11-08-2022, 07:01 PM
The very same finals where his team still won in game 5 without him hitting any threes at all? Interesting uncle.

tontoz
11-08-2022, 07:10 PM
The very same finals where his team still won in game 5 without him hitting any threes at all? Interesting uncle.

Yeah let's just ignore that Curry merked the C's in game 4, carrying the team in a must win game. I dare say it was an iconic game. :lol

Obviously the C's made a defensive adjustment in game 5, focusing more on Curry which left more open looks for his teammates.

Stephonit
11-08-2022, 07:12 PM

Yes because in the game before Steph wrecked the Celtics' defensive strategy and prompted them to try something else.

Axe
11-08-2022, 07:24 PM
Yeah let's just ignore that Curry merked the C's in game 4, carrying the team in a must win game. I dare say it was an iconic game. :lol

Obviously the C's made a defensive adjustment in game 5, focusing more on Curry which left more open looks for his teammates.
Lol i never suggested anything about him having iconic games or not. Tho OK, let's give him some credit rt. But moving on, those C's weren't excellent offensively anyway and they were coming off two game 7s in the last two eastern rounds. Almost choked even.

Meanwhile, curry and his team just had a cakewalk in the opposite conference. So ofc, they had more rest and time to prepare. Along with having hca as well.

Axe
11-08-2022, 07:26 PM
Yes because in the game before Steph wrecked the Celtics' defensive strategy and prompted them to try something else.
Obviously. Kudos to steve kerr for making the right adjustments in favor of them when it really mattered the most.

tontoz
11-08-2022, 07:31 PM
Lol i never suggested anything about him having iconic games or not. Tho OK, let's give him some credit rt. But moving on, those C's weren't excellent offensively anyway and they were coming off two game 7s in the last two eastern rounds. Almost choked even.

Meanwhile, curry and his team just had a cakewalk in the opposite conference. So ofc, they had more rest and time to prepare. Along with having hca as well.

There is obviously a benefit to finishing teams off early. That has always been the case.

HCA didn't make much difference. They won twice in Boston by double digits.

Axe
11-08-2022, 07:50 PM
There is obviously a benefit to finishing teams off early. That has always been the case.

HCA didn't make much difference. They won twice in Boston by double digits.
Sure uncle but that's not always the case. Since the last decade, not factoring in the injuries or anything else, have the dubs won a ring without having hca in the finals? I don't think so.

tontoz
11-08-2022, 08:07 PM
Sure uncle but that's not always the case. Since the last decade, not factoring in the injuries or anything else, have the dubs won a ring without having hca in the finals? I don't think so.

The better team usually has a better record and the better team usually wins a 7 game series. It has always been that way.

But the team with the best record hasn't been doing so well in recent years. The bucks, jazz and suns all got bounced early with the best record.

Axe
11-08-2022, 08:16 PM
The better team usually has a better record and the better team usually wins a 7 game series. It has always been that way.

But the team with the best record hasn't been doing so well in recent years. The bucks, jazz and suns all got bounced early with the best record.
I see but when you take a look at some years, the records of some most-winning teams are not that too far from the ones who finished second overall. Like the 2019 bucks and raptors then the 2021 jazz and suns for instance, in which one of those teams also made the finals in those respective years.

warriorfan
11-08-2022, 08:33 PM
axe always has hca because he never leaves his house

Axe
11-08-2022, 08:38 PM
Far from true. But even if it is, my house is still cleaner and better looking than a rotten junkyard of a flat shoebox. :lol

https://i.postimg.cc/cHWttN89/dfghsdfhs.jpg

AirBonner
11-08-2022, 08:56 PM
Far from true. But even if it is, my house is still cleaner and better looking than a rotten junkyard of a flat shoebox. :lol

https://i.postimg.cc/cHWttN89/dfghsdfhs.jpg
I understand why warriorfan is so angry all the time. That 200sqft apartment is like a prison cell

Axe
11-09-2022, 07:15 AM
I understand why warriorfan is so angry all the time. That 200sqft apartment is like a prison cell
So angry he requested to censor the image attached to my previous post. What a sissy. :roll:

Manny98
11-09-2022, 07:35 AM
In the finals last summer, against an elite defense, Curry averaged 31 ppg with a 62.6% TS. Can't do that just running off screens.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/IMG_20220605_211650.jpg

:bowdown::bowdown:

Gohan
11-09-2022, 08:09 AM
I dont want to say anything , these are my two favorite players

Big164
11-12-2022, 01:57 AM
15/23 Fg
6/11 3pt
40 pts

Atlantis
11-12-2022, 01:59 AM
Averaging 33.3 ppg now to Luka's 33.6 at the age of 34.