PDA

View Full Version : Luka is going to win MVP this season and I'm gonna bet on it

90sgoat
11-08-2022, 11:24 AM
I'm looking at at 4x, that's pretty good, I don't think it will stay that high.

Might put like $1k at it. I have some money after going bankrupt and I want to spend it before the greedy creditors can snatch it.

Why do I think this?

First of all, because it's obvious that Luka wants it.

He wants it so much he plays defense. Luka is currently 7th in steals and playing pretty good defense. It's not great by any means, but when he is not gassed, his defense in spurt is definitely well above average.

Second, he is extremely efficient this season. 36ppg on 52% is damn good, while his 3-point shooting is trending up, now at 29%.

His free throw shooting is much improved as well at 78% which is definitely respectable, but it would be nice to hit 80% for that "respectable guard" number.

And to top it off, Luka has the least turnovers in his career, despite playing more minutes.

Lets talk about the competition which seems now to be Tatum and Giannis. I personally don't buy into Tatum. He has a much superior team and while his stats are impressive, he's worse than Luka in all stats except 3 point shooting.

Giannis, yes that's the biggest competitor, particularly if Bucks keep winning. His stats are great, but not any different than any other season.

I guess what sets Luka apart are his assists and his wow factor.

If Luka can finish around 55 wins and average above 33-34ppg on good efficiency, then I just don't see how the league doesn't give it to him. He's made a lot of improvements and he's bitching less on the court.

SouBeachTalents
11-08-2022, 11:32 AM
If the Bucks win 65+ games, I just don't see anyway Giannis doesn't win MVP. Luka would have to keep the win differential within 10 for any legitimate chance to win MVP.

Phoenix
11-08-2022, 11:33 AM
https://media.tenor.com/t8U6jqNkKZEAAAAM/jack-nicholson-nod.gif

I'd like to see him take less 3's, drop it down to about 5-6 which is more fitting of his actual shooting level. Hes's definitely more of a scorer/shotmaker than a 'shooter'. Too early to call MVP but yeah, out of all the obvious candidates he probably has the least to work with as far as a legit 2nd option. Giannis is reaching taken for granted status because he's dropping 32/12/5 and we don't even blink an eye.

90sgoat
11-08-2022, 11:38 AM
Giannis will always remain a challenger and he could very well win it.

I think you're both right that Luka needs a strong win record, that's why imo he seems to be actually adjusting.

Playing much more off the ball, playing more defense, more minutes.

Get close to 60 wins, hit 60 wins, that should do it for Luka.

Phoenix
11-08-2022, 11:46 AM
Giannis will always remain a challenger and he could very well win it.

I think you're both right that Luka needs a strong win record, that's why imo he seems to be actually adjusting.

Playing much more off the ball, playing more defense, more minutes.

Get close to 60 wins, hit 60 wins, that should do it for Luka.

He seems to play about 65 games a year. As much of a load as he's carrying, he's gonna need a good 75 for the Mavs to stay the course and get within distance of 60. Personally I don't see them breaking 55, which based on their roster talent would be a bit of an overachievement IMO.

FultzNationRISE
11-08-2022, 11:52 AM
I'm looking at at 4x, that's pretty good, I don't think it will stay that high.

Might put like $1k at it. I have some money after going bankrupt and I want to spend it before the greedy creditors can snatch it.

But if you win, wouldnt they just...?

If creditors are gonna snatch your money anyway, might as well put it on something with odds so low that if you win you'll make more in winnings than what you owe in bankruptcy.

Not that I necessarily believe youre telling the truth about this, but... as a thought experiment.

If your money and modest potential winnings are about to be forfeited regardless, you might as well bet on the longest shot possible, and therefore if you win you'll still be ahead after all your debts are paid. If you lose, which you probably will betting on a longshot, then nothing changes anyway.

:confusedshrug:

Full Court
11-09-2022, 08:06 AM
But if you win, wouldnt they just...?

If creditors are gonna snatch your money anyway, might as well put it on something with odds so low that if you win you'll make more in winnings than what you owe in bankruptcy.

Not that I necessarily believe youre telling the truth about this, but... as a thought experiment.

If your money and modest potential winnings are about to be forfeited regardless, you might as well bet on the longest shot possible, and therefore if you win you'll still be ahead after all your debts are paid. If you lose, which you probably will betting on a longshot, then nothing changes anyway.

:confusedshrug:

Lol. This is an excellent point. :lol

Overdrive
11-09-2022, 08:38 AM
It's obvious why you went bankrupt.

90sgoat
11-09-2022, 08:50 AM
Lol. This is an excellent point. :lol

It is actually, but I need to win something like $60k, so it would be a pretty big bet for that to go through.

Maybe it could be a combination of MVP, DPOY, 6MOY and MIP.

90sgoat
11-09-2022, 08:51 AM
It's obvious why you went bankrupt.

I went bankrupt because of debts incrued in my youth that are now being collected 15 years later.