PDA

View Full Version : Help me convince ShawkFactory that his Hawks can compete for a Title

Patrick Chewing
11-08-2022, 11:54 AM
This guy doesn't think they are ready yet, but they just smacked around the undefeated Bucks and did it without Trae Young.

But somehow, Shawk doesn't believe in these Hawks yet. Let's help Shawk understand how good his team is right now.

FultzNationRISE
11-08-2022, 11:56 AM
Hawks are a team whom I dont think can surprise you with a result.

If they lose in the play-in, or make it to the finals, I wouldnt really be surprised by either.

Very tough team to predict IMO.

That said, I'm basing this off their last couple of postseasons. Havent seen them play so far this year.

ShawkFactory
11-08-2022, 11:57 AM
Last night was a huge step. Okongwu needs more minutes but throwing him at Giannis is huge.

Patrick Chewing
11-08-2022, 12:04 PM
Most impressed with AJ Griffin. Stupid Knicks passed him up cause they honestly thought they were going to get Donovan Mitchell. The entire East has seen the Hawks get better with the additions of Murray and Griffin.

Danilo was a statue and was holding these guys back. Huerter was one-dimensional. But now...this team has all the weapons. I'm becoming a fan.

Im so nba'd out
11-08-2022, 12:15 PM
They cant....

They beat the bucks without middleton and Giannis dealing with knee soreness
They actually looked better without trae's chucking trying to be steph when he will never be steph
That rookie will never play that good again.
Dejounte will never be the 1st option when trae is healthy so he will never play this good again and if he ever does they will just put jrue on him and shut that faucet off

Patrick Chewing
11-08-2022, 12:23 PM
They cant....

They beat the bucks without middleton and Giannis dealing with knee soreness
They actually looked better without trae's chucking trying to be steph when he will never be steph
That rookie will never play that good again.
Dejounte will never be the 1st option when trae is healthy so he will never play this good again and if he ever does they will just put jrue on him and shut that faucet off

https://i.gifer.com/1oUo.gif

1987_Lakers
11-08-2022, 12:25 PM
Hawks? Title contenders? Nah.

Full Court
11-08-2022, 05:45 PM
I'm not seeing it, man. I'm not nearly as high on Trae Young as a lot of other people are. I don't think he has what it takes to lead a team to the finals.

GrayGoat
11-08-2022, 05:47 PM
Op should stick to the political forum tbh. Anyone can win 1 game.

warriorfan
11-08-2022, 06:02 PM
he’s more of a lebron stan

bison
11-08-2022, 06:09 PM
Hawks are one of those uptempo teams that can run up the score on you and finish top 4 in the east, but will be exposed in the playoffs when defenses tighten and pace slows down. What they need is someone like AD to help anchor their half court offense and defense. Perchance Cockfactory could instead be convinced on an AD and Hunter/Capela or Hunter/Collins swap...

fsvr54
11-08-2022, 06:23 PM
Hawks? Title contenders? Nah.

Wrong

HylianNightmare
11-08-2022, 07:14 PM
Not a single person in the league believe the hawks are a threat

bison
11-08-2022, 07:22 PM
Teams that will never win an NBA title in my lifetime:

Hawks
Wizards
Knicks
Kings
Magic
Hornets

Full Court
11-08-2022, 07:33 PM
he’s more of a lebron stan

He's a Lebron fan, but he's not a Bronie. He actually has intelligence and doesn't come off like a blind fool like the Bronie Bunch does.

fsvr54
11-08-2022, 07:43 PM
Lot of lost souls here who don't understand basketball

SouBeachTalents
11-08-2022, 07:49 PM

Hawks
Wizards
Knicks
Kings
Magic
Hornets
I'm sure you would've thought the same thing about the Warriors, who were honestly just as bad, if not worse than those teams were for 2 decades.

Axe
11-08-2022, 07:55 PM

Hawks
Wizards
Knicks
Kings
Magic
Hornets
Under new ownership maybe they would. Who knows. Can't keep on obsessing over suckers who originated from carolina. :oldlol:

KNOW1EDGE
11-08-2022, 07:59 PM
I mean, they can compete, all 30 teams compete for a championship.

Do they realistically have a chance to win the championship? Absolutely not.

Jasper
11-08-2022, 08:11 PM
This guy doesn't think they are ready yet, but they just smacked around the undefeated Bucks and did it without Trae Young.

But somehow, Shawk doesn't believe in these Hawks yet. Let's help Shawk understand how good his team is right now.

2 round and out. next question poopsie

ShawkFactory
11-10-2022, 10:46 PM
We should probably start talking about Onyeka Okongwu though. I know Capela is still the guy because of what he can do on the glass, but OO is better.

Just this week when he's been on the court he's given both Giannis and Embiid fits. Still only 21 but looks like a true superstar level defender in the making despite being undersized for a big. I think we'll start to see those minutes creep up.