PDA

View Full Version : Toots Hibbert died in 2020 apparently

FultzNationRISE
11-08-2022, 05:59 PM
Just read about this recently, apparently died from the covids. He was 79.

For those that dont know, he was a Mt-Rushmore-level figure in reggae music. In fact his group Toots and the Maytals actually COINED the term with their single "Do the Reggay" in 1968. (Spelling was later changed because 'gay' was considered sus in Jamaica, a historically very homophobic culture). Toots himself was oft considered the Otis Redding of reggae music.

Kinda silly this guy's death wasnt even a blip on the radar, while Aaron Carter makes national headlines. Ofc I get that Carter died young which is more of a story, on top of which he was simply more well known to the mainstream public. But considering Carter was nothing but a pre-pubescent teeny bopper 20 years ago with zero artistic legacy, kinda tells you everything about our standard of celebrity :oldlol:

Anyway, point is Toots Hibbert was a legend, and his final chapter has now been written. So if ya dont know, now ya know, niggaaaaaaaaa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNxNwvjzGM0

RachlNicholsazz
11-08-2022, 06:41 PM
Excuse me while I OD off this blunt

fsvr54
11-08-2022, 07:45 PM
Relation to Roy?

jstern
11-08-2022, 09:46 PM
Very informative.

I actually didn't know who Aaron Carter was. I actually had to look up the name in the OP to type it in this post.