PDA

View Full Version : Klay Thompson is washed out. 1998 and 1999 Scottie Pippen put up better stats

Lebron23
11-16-2022, 10:23 PM
14.7 ppg on 35.1 FG%, 3.4 rpg, 2.5 apg, 8.56 per

1998 and 1999 Scottie Pippen put up better stats. And that is also a post injury Pippen.

ArbitraryWater
11-16-2022, 10:44 PM
washed out?

from where?

RRR3
11-16-2022, 10:47 PM
He was still good last year I would wait it could just be a slump.

Airupthere
11-16-2022, 11:15 PM
Washed out? What does that mean?

Axe
11-16-2022, 11:38 PM
Is he entirely responsible for the dubs' losing record atm?

bdonovan
11-17-2022, 12:08 AM
Frustrating to what degree he is harming our defense. Even more so than the fall off in offense. Defense is one of those things that people notice less but matters just as much. Klay cannot stay in front of any offensive player. The defense keeps getting broken and the opposing team has an ideal offensive possession with the ball finding the open man against the broken D.

His frustration on his inability on the offensive end, leading to a lot of other bad decisions. Just watching now, Klay bobbling the ball on the dribble, and then chucking it far too fast at a teammate (Wiggins) who is too close for that kind of fast pass, who loses the ball. Wiggins may get charged with the turnover but it was Klay's rushed, errant pass that was the problem.

Klay needs to be coming off the bench; I'd say a max of 15 min/game until he can get his legs again on the defensive end.

Lebron23
11-17-2022, 12:19 AM
Washed out? What does that mean?

I meant washed up. Meaning past his prime

3ba11
11-17-2022, 03:22 PM
Bad comparison to Pippen because Hornacek destroys Klay too:

Regular Season

Hornacek (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hornaje01.html)'.... 17.7 PER.. 2.9 bpm.. 0.153 ws/48.. 42.1 vorp on 33,964 min.. 15/3/5 on 58.2 ts
Klay (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/thompkl01.html)............ 16.4 PER.. 0.7 bpm.. 0.110 ws/48.. 14.4 vorp on 20,380 min.. 19/3/2 on 57.5 ts

Playoffs

Hornacek (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hornaje01.html)'.... 16.5 PER.. 3.1 bpm.. 0.145 ws/48.. 14.1 vorp on 4766 min.. 15/4/4 on 57.5 ts
Klay (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/thompkl01.html)............ 14.4 PER.. 0.7 bpm.. 0.091 ws/48.... 3.1 vorp on 4570 min.. 19/3/2 on 56.0 ts

Hornacek is was a similar-level producer to Pippen.. Out of everyone in the top 50, only Pippen wasn't an elite scorer, assist guy or rebounding guy - everyone else was elite in one or more of these areas.. Pippen was an Iggy or Wiggins-level producer that was inflated to all-time status by the winning spotlight..

Hey Yo
11-17-2022, 03:34 PM
Hornacek never made All-NBA nor All Defensive.

Klay has

2ez

SaltyMeatballs
11-17-2022, 03:38 PM
He's done as an all-star

3ba11
11-17-2022, 03:41 PM
Hornacek never made All-NBA

Klay has

2ez[

^^^ media accolade due to winning spotlight inflation..

Just like Pippen.

The stats clearly show (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?507870-Klay-Thompson-is-washed-out-1998-and-1999-Scottie-Pippen-put-up-better-stats&p=14688622&viewfull=1#post14688622) that Klay was a vastly inferior producer to Hornacek, while Pippen was barely better than Hornacek.. But despite Klay and Pippen producing at a Hornacek level or worse, goat dynasties and unprecedented winning spotlight inflated them to all-time status.. People literally think Klay and Curry are similar and same thing with Pippen/Jordan... Yet Klay is averaging 15 ppg right now on pippen-efficiency while Curry is still the best player in the league..

Hey Yo
11-17-2022, 04:04 PM
^^^ media accolade due to winning spotlight inflation...
The majority of MJ's All-defensive nods was based on winning.

Can't praise Moncrief and Cummings for their All-NBA nods while saying others like Thompson and Pippen didn't deserve it.

3ba11
11-17-2022, 04:27 PM
Iguodala 2009 Playoffs vs Dwight.... 21.5... 6.3... 6.7... 44.9%... lost in 6 (no kukoc miracle)

Pippen 1994 Playoffs vs Ewing......... 21.7... 7.7... 4.7... 40.5%... lost in 7 (kukoc miracle)

^^^ Pippen was an Iggy-level player that was simply lucky to play alongside the GOAT in a 2-star vs 2-star format (90's) - complete parity, aka perfectly-fair competitive environment - anyone wins alongisde the goat in that format

3ba11
11-17-2022, 04:28 PM
The majority of MJ's All-defensive nods was based on winning.

Can't praise Moncrief and Cummings for their All-NBA nods while saying others like Thompson and Pippen didn't deserve it.

Moncrief and Cummings have the stats and dominance... Moncrief won DPOY twice and Cummings could dominate and be THAT GUY (see the OP).

Meanwhile, Pippen was an iggy or wiggins-caliber performer that was inflated by the winning spotlight - there's zero examples of him playing above this caliber - see an example of peak Pippen playing at an Iggy-caliber in the previous post stats (94' Pippen against Ewing vs. Iggy's performance against 09' Dwight).

AirBonner
11-17-2022, 11:19 PM
MJ was a walking media based award

warriorfan
11-17-2022, 11:59 PM
^^^ media accolade due to winning spotlight inflation..

Just like Pippen.

The stats clearly show (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?507870-Klay-Thompson-is-washed-out-1998-and-1999-Scottie-Pippen-put-up-better-stats&p=14688622&viewfull=1#post14688622) that Klay was a vastly inferior producer to Hornacek, while Pippen was barely better than Hornacek.. But despite Klay and Pippen producing at a Hornacek level or worse, goat dynasties and unprecedented winning spotlight inflated them to all-time status.. People literally think Klay and Curry are similar and same thing with Pippen/Jordan... Yet Klay is averaging 15 ppg right now on pippen-efficiency while Curry is still the best player in the league..

this. klay has never had any sort of defensive metric where he stands out. he has been a decent man to man defender for a bit but it was nothing to write home about. he was more product of a system of a good defensive scheme and benefiting from never really having to create his own offense. look at his most historic games where he didn’t have over 10 dribbles the entire game. he got to conserve energy while getting into rhythm on the offensive end. that combined with the media exposure of being on one of the most successful teams in decades and you get the unwarranted media hype he’s been able to enjoy for a good part of his career.

Hey Yo
11-18-2022, 12:25 AM
Empty post meltdown ^^^^^^

Red Pill Sports
11-18-2022, 12:48 AM
this. klay has never had any sort of defensive metric where he stands out. he has been a decent man to man defender for a bit but it was nothing to write home about. he was more product of a system of a good defensive scheme and benefiting from never really having to create his own offense. look at his most historic games where he didn’t have over 10 dribbles the entire game. he got to conserve energy while getting into rhythm on the offensive end. that combined with the media exposure of being on one of the most successful teams in decades and you get the unwarranted media hype he’s been able to enjoy for a good part of his career.

Right now I wouldn't take Klay over Hersey Hawkins. Hawk could actually create his own shot while also nailing shots from 3. And he was also a pretty solid defender.

3ba11
11-18-2022, 01:27 AM
Most people don't know that Horace Grant had a brother named Harvey Grant that was a smooth 18 ppg scorer in the NBA

Only the winning spotlight made Horace a known player, while his brother toiled away in obscurity..

Klay and Pippen are like Horace where the winning spotlight makes them famous.. If Bradley Beal in Washington was replaced by Klay, no one would know who Klay was because he's a secondary producer and needs a goat player like Curry to win titles as the 2nd option.. Without goat scorers like Curry or Jordan to carry the scoring load, Klay or Pippen are probably 3rd or 4th options on a champion.

Furthermore, Pippen was a system player and probably the most obvious system player in history - we saw Pippen average 14 on 40% in Houston just 1 year after being an All-NBA champion in 98' that averaged 20 ppg alongside MJ - he went from a dynasty champion and famous player to worse than Jeff Green outside the system.

Full Court
11-18-2022, 07:45 AM
Kelly Oubre Jr. is putting up better stats too.

HoopologyPhD
11-18-2022, 08:57 AM
Klay is looking like post helicopter crash Kobe.

Axe
01-03-2023, 02:37 AM
54 against the hawks and the W w/o fellow splash bro. :pimp:

Lebron23
01-03-2023, 02:46 AM
My Apology to Klay

theballerFKA Ace
01-03-2023, 03:37 AM
54 against the hawks and the W w/o fellow splash bro. :pimp:

GS would have put the game away a lot sooner if stupid Poole would have given up the ball to Klay the hot hand. He made 2 critical TOs down the stretch that almost cost them the game

Axe
01-03-2023, 03:59 AM
GS would have put the game away a lot sooner if stupid Poole would have given up the ball to Klay the hot hand. He made 2 critical TOs down the stretch that almost cost them the game
Lol there have been some games in which klay did not play while curry was out and the team didn't win them..

97 bulls
01-03-2023, 08:08 AM
MJ was a walking media based award

Most people don't know that Horace Grant had a brother named Harvey Grant that was a smooth 18 ppg scorer in the NBA

Only the winning spotlight made Horace a known player, while his brother toiled away in obscurity..

Klay and Pippen are like Horace where the winning spotlight makes them famous.. If Bradley Beal in Washington was replaced by Klay, no one would know who Klay was because he's a secondary producer and needs a goat player like Curry to win titles as the 2nd option.. Without goat scorers like Curry or Jordan to carry the scoring load, Klay or Pippen are probably 3rd or 4th options on a champion.

Furthermore, Pippen was a system player and probably the most obvious system player in history - we saw Pippen average 14 on 40% in Houston just 1 year after being an All-NBA champion in 98' that averaged 20 ppg alongside MJ - he went from a dynasty champion and famous player to worse than Jeff Green outside the system.

Harvey had 4 seasons where he averaged 18ppg. Horace averaged more ppg for their careers. He was also a better rebounder, had more assists, and was a much better defender. And Horace shot a higher fg%.

Axe
01-03-2023, 08:18 AM
Harvey had 4 seasons where he averaged 18ppg. Horace averaged more ppg for their careers. He was also a better rebounder, had more assists, and was a much better defender. And Horace shot a higher fg%.
3bot denying these so he can point out that jordan didn't have some help during the 90s dynasty ruling.

AlternativeAcc.
01-03-2023, 09:56 AM
:roll:

Klay and Poole dominating without curry...

Curry really has the worst brand in basketball. Shouldn't be a starter.

E_Stamkos
01-03-2023, 12:07 PM
My Apology to Klay

Don't feel to bad, as these days, a 50 piece is tantamount to putting up 30 like 20 years ago.

tontoz
01-03-2023, 12:30 PM
I see Curry's lapdogs chimed in on queue. Instead of talking about Klay they had to talk about their owner Curry.

Certainly that was a monster game from Klay and they needed all of it for a 2 pt win against the Hawks.

Poole took 31 shots to score 28 points. Poole is shooting 31% from 3 on the season on 8 attempts per game. So does anyone thinks he will make the All-Star game? :oldlol:

Axe
01-03-2023, 06:42 PM
Ofc it's only natural chef is gonna be brought up since they're his teammates after all. :oldlol:

And their efforts in winning without him only show how much his help has gotten better these days. Whatever stats they have as long as they can win. Typical uncle being uncle lol.

tontoz
01-03-2023, 06:52 PM
Ofc it's only natural chef is gonna be brought up since they're his teammates after all. :oldlol:

And their efforts in winning without him only show how much his help has gotten better these days. Whatever stats they have as long as they can win. Typical uncle being uncle lol.

This thread is from November and nobody was talking about Curry. But you just had to bump it today so you could mention your daddy. :oldlol:

Axe
01-03-2023, 07:09 PM
This thread is from November and nobody was talking about Curry. But you just had to bump it today so you could mention your daddy. :oldlol:
Duh. Because klay had a memorable game, uncle. Funny how you easily get triggered each time you feel chef is getting made fun of. :roll:

tontoz
01-03-2023, 07:13 PM
Duh. Because klay had a memorable game, uncle. Funny how you easily get triggered each time you feel chef is getting made fun of. :roll:

I am not the one bumping threads to show my devotion to him. :oldlol:

There was already a thread about his 54 pt game before you bumped this one. I guess one thread showing your devotion to Curry wasn't enough.

Axe
01-03-2023, 07:18 PM
I am not the one bumping threads to show my devotion to him. :oldlol:

There was already a thread about his 54 pt game before you bumped this one. I guess one thread showing your devotion to Curry wasn't enough.
Heh i chose to not post in that thread simply because i find the op rt to be truly insufferable and dysfunctional. Otherwise, it's likely that i wouldn't have bumped this thread anymore.

tontoz
01-03-2023, 07:24 PM
Heh i chose to not post in that thread simply because i find the op rt to be truly insufferable and dysfunctional. Otherwise, it's likely that i wouldn't have bumped this thread anymore.

OP didn't mention curry at all. You could have bumped this thread without mentioning Curry but you just had to bring him up because he is your daddy.

Axe
01-03-2023, 07:25 PM
OP didn't mention curry at all. You could have bumped this thread without mentioning Curry but you just had to bring him up because he is your daddy.
And your butt suddenly got itchy because of it. Ok, uncle. I beg your pardon. :ohwell:

tontoz
01-03-2023, 07:27 PM
And your butt suddenly got itchy because of it. Ok, uncle. I beg your pardon. :ohwell:

If you can't take the abuse then maybe trolling isn't for you.

Axe
01-03-2023, 07:31 PM
If you can't take the abuse then maybe trolling isn't for you.
It's not that i don't, uncle. It's just that i find it amusing you're always or mostly there whenever you see or feel chef's getting made fun of. ;)

tontoz
01-03-2023, 07:33 PM
It's not that i don't, uncle. It's just that i find it amusing you're always or mostly there whenever you see or feel chef's getting made fun of. ;)

I am not here 24/7 like you. I am not the one bringing up curry constantly. You are far more devoted to Curry than I am.

Axe
01-03-2023, 07:35 PM
Lol wut? Come on now, uncle. You know i don't bring him up here all the time either. If you can notice, i never made a thread about him for like over a year already. :oldlol:

tontoz
01-03-2023, 07:41 PM
Lol wut? Come on now, uncle. You know i don't bring him up here all the time either. If you can notice, i never made a thread about him for like over a year already. :oldlol:

You just bump old threads to bring him up. I guess that is progress for you.

:oldlol:

Axe
01-03-2023, 07:45 PM
Lol if that was really true, then i would have bumped many. Not just one. Very funny, uncle.

tontoz
01-03-2023, 07:53 PM
Lol if that was really true, then i would have bumped many. Not just one. Very funny, uncle.

I am not on here all the time so I can't see all your Curry worship. I know I can count on it though, predictable as the sunrise.

How's Poole been doing without Curry? Pretty soon he might get passed by LeBron for 3 pt shooting :oldlol:

Axe
01-03-2023, 07:57 PM
Whatever it is as long as it's making fun of him your butt really gets itchy, uncle. :roll:

GrayGoat
01-03-2023, 07:59 PM
Being a wizards fan is punishment enough. No need to get abused online as well.

WhiteKyrie
01-04-2023, 09:35 AM
The term is washed up, not washed out.