PDA

View Full Version : Terry Cummings (37pts,9 rebs) vs Bulls (1985 Playoffs)

Lebron23
11-17-2022, 06:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uasyVfgQsXs

Vintage Terry Cummings dominating the Bulls in the playoffs

ILLsmak
11-17-2022, 08:30 AM
Love those dudes who had a finesse game but would also knock you out.

It's sad to me that some kids look at stuff like this and it's like how we feel about watching the 50s. I think people lack the ability to enjoy nuance. 50s bball was true infancy, but 70s into 80s it started getting really amazing. Def life without the 3 point line was tough, but once that got in, it was all good.

Terry is that dude.

Finesse, power, street cred and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kavxuyAZyOM

-Smak

Jasper
11-17-2022, 11:01 AM
watch Cummings a lot // a Leader and tough baller.

3ba11
11-17-2022, 03:08 PM
Yeah, Cummings was the All-NBA'er that joined the Spurs along with rookie David Robinson, aka Robinson gets too much credit for the Spurs' record turnaround that year

Btw, the 85' Bucks had All-NBA players like Cummings and Moncrief both getting 25 ppg, and they were getting a peak season from the original point forward Paul Pressey (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdQdNkkoW2w&t=38m05s) (16/5/7 on 52% and 1.6 spg.. 35% threes) - so those Bucks had a Pippen-level player as their 3rd best player, while Jordan had to win with that at 2nd option (6/6).

Lebron23
11-17-2022, 11:01 PM
Cummings was the first to Mandigo'ed Jordan and his team in the playoffs. If Prime Jordan plays in the 1980's his team would be lucky to win 2 or 3 NBA titles against real Super teams like the Lakers, and Celtics.

3ba11
11-17-2022, 11:07 PM
Cummings was the first to Mandigo'ed Jordan and his team in the playoffs. If Prime Jordan plays in the 1980's his team would be lucky to win 2 or 3 NBA titles against real Super teams like the Lakers, and Celtics.

Yeah but if Jordan had a 3rd star (3rd elite 1st option) like a real super-team, then he would never lose - if he had the same help that Magic, Bird and Isiah had, he would never lose as Magic and Isiah say here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6og_pOVi2w

HoopsNY did a great statistical analysis that showed the following - when Pippen scores above his normal capability (22-28 ppg), Jordan won 95% of his games (80 wins a year)... Unfortunately, Pippen was only capable of this in 24% of games.. Otoh, guys like Magic and Lebron enjoyed elite-scoring teammates for entire seasons and they barely win 60 games.

Shooter
11-18-2022, 12:12 AM
Imagine losing to Terry Cummings...

Hey Yo
11-18-2022, 12:24 AM
Yeah, Cummings was the All-NBA'er that joined the Spurs along with rookie David Robinson, aka Robinson gets too much credit for the Spurs' record turnaround that year

Btw, the 85' Bucks had All-NBA players like Cummings and Moncrief both getting 25 ppg, and they were getting a peak season from the original point forward Paul Pressey (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdQdNkkoW2w&t=38m05s) (16/5/7 on 52% and 1.6 spg.. 35% threes) - so those Bucks had a Pippen-level player as their 3rd best player, while Jordan had to win with that at 2nd option (6/6).

LOL @ noting that both Moncrief and Cummings were All-NBA when playing against Jordan.

Yet when talking about the 93 Suns you note they had 3 all-stars.... cause they only had 1 all nba and 1 all defensive

Chico exposed

3ba11
11-18-2022, 01:49 AM
LOL @ noting that both Moncrief and Cummings were All-NBA when playing against Jordan.

Yet when talking about the 93 Suns you note they had 3 all-stars.... cause they only had 1 all nba and 1 all defensive

Chico exposed

I didn't only mention all-nba - I mentioned the stats and dominance too, which Pippen's all-nba never included - he was simply inflated by the winning spotlight - MJ was good enough to win with Pippen, so Pippen started getting All-NBA after a couple titles...

Otoh, the All-NBA of Moncrief and Cummings included stats/dominance - both averaged 25+ against the Bulls, while Pressey (the original point forward) averaged 15/5/7 (pippen stats)... ROOKIE jordan still took a game off this peaking, veteran team.

BigShotBob
11-18-2022, 02:03 AM
I didn't only mention all-nba - I mentioned the stats and dominance too, which Pippen's all-nba never included - he was simply inflated by the winning spotlight - MJ was good enough to win with Pippen, so Pippen started getting All-NBA after a couple titles...

Otoh, the All-NBA of Moncrief and Cummings included stats/dominance - both averaged 25+ against the Bulls, while Pressey (the original point forward) averaged 15/5/7 (pippen stats)... ROOKIE jordan still took a game off this peaking, veteran team.

Yea people need to be careful about stats

Like I went through some stats last playoffs and Jalen Brunson was averaging almost literally just as many points as Jaylen Brown but people still claimed that Luka had "no help' lol

Seems like people use numbers to try and fit narratives time and time again when the fact is Pippen especially during the first 2 rings was a 3 option level scorer that was forced to be a second option level scorer though technically he wasn't even that per say, he was mainly there for his defense, versatility, and playmaking. Anything else he did was extra

Red Pill Sports
11-18-2022, 04:19 AM

Larry's Celtics were swept out of the playoffs by the Bucks in 1983. The Showtime Lakers were pushed to the brink by a Utah team with no bench to speak of.

Enough of this bullshit.

warriorfan
11-18-2022, 10:25 AM
Imagine losing to Terry Cummings...

he was a good player, all nba

what was jason terry?

:lol

Jasper
11-18-2022, 10:52 AM

Paul Pressey was my favorite player at that time .... my game was taylored after his , but his jumper was questionable ... NOT MINE.

ShawkFactory
11-18-2022, 11:10 AM

what was jason terry?

He was a pretty good player.

But he was all nba in the same way that Julius Randle was all nba

Bacchus
11-19-2022, 09:33 AM
Cummings was the only player to outscore Jordan in a playoff series and that was by .02 points

Johnny32
11-19-2022, 09:44 AM
it's too bad lil 6'4 198 lb miguel jordone didn't step up and shut this man down.

Shooter
11-20-2022, 09:25 AM

what was jason terry?

Dirk is a mighty fine player.

Thanks for playing.

warriorfan
11-20-2022, 06:12 PM
Dirk is a mighty fine player.

Thanks for playing.

ya bron got outscored by both him and jason terry even when terry logged in 67 less minutes. :lol

go play mahjong with your grandma bro

Shooter
11-23-2022, 12:07 AM
ya bron got outscored by both him and jason terry even when terry logged in 67 less minutes. :lol

go play mahjong with your grandma bro

B a n n e d

What a fool :lol

Axe
11-23-2022, 12:09 AM
B a n n e d

What a fool :lol
:roll: