PDA

View Full Version : Where did Jae Crowder get the nerve to sit out over possibly not starting?

Kblaze8855
11-17-2022, 10:19 PM
Seriously. Where is gumption of that caliber on the market and available to the public?

It’s bad enough when an aging legend feels disrespected by the young lottery picks who might force them to the bench but Jae Crowder? He’s started about half his career games. He’s the definition of a role player. For years Matt Harpring was by size and production the most average player but it feels like it could be Jae Crowder right now.

I like him….but he’s Jae Crowder. To be making trade demands and sitting out because the team wanted to start a young solid lottery pick in Cam Johnson. And what a shitty message to send to the young guys too.

Like I said I’d understand if it’s some aging….somebody. But him?

People get blackballed for considerably less than that.

Give me Abdul-Rauf today in my locker room over a role player who quits due to being treated like a role player.

That said…..

I bet he ends up on the Bucks or something and wins a title.

Xiao Yao You
11-18-2022, 09:31 AM
not over starting he says

Im Still Ballin
11-18-2022, 09:39 AM
Player empowerment era, yall. Even bench players have brands now.

HoopologyPhD
11-18-2022, 09:42 AM
Can't blame the guy for trying to get $tats and get paid, there have been several examples throughout the years (Jerome James) of guys making tens of millions for a solid several game stretch.

Im Still Ballin
11-18-2022, 09:49 AM
Can't blame the guy for trying to get $tats and get paid, there have been several examples throughout the years (Jerome James) of guys making tens of millions for a solid several game stretch.

Your NBA history knowledge is impressive. How long have you been following the NBA? I see your join date and have made some presumptuous conclusions. I hope I'm not wrong.

HoopologyPhD
11-18-2022, 09:56 AM
Thank you. I have been a fan of the NBA since the 80's but have followed it pretty closely since the early 2000's.

Real Men Wear Green
11-18-2022, 10:48 AM

The problem is there is no team that is going to feature him. As a fan I hope he isn't insisting on starting because the reality is he may not be a starting caliber player. Last season he averaged 9 points on 40%. He's 32 years old. He is good enough to be in rotation but his realistic place is most likely as a veteran second string 3. The fit may be out there but I can't think of a team that is trying to win and doesn't have better wings. He is more likely to get dealt so that a team can make money match than because the coach is watching film thinking, "you know what would have made us win last night? Jae Crowdèr." He needs to show the NBA that he is worth more than the vet minimum, forget about some huge payday... the vet minimum is good money really.