PDA

View Full Version : Russell's 8 straight title sounds insane except MJ would've done it

3ba11
11-17-2022, 11:26 PM
That's how goat he was - someone was ACTUALLY going to break Russell's record in the modern era!!!... :lebronamazed:

The 94' Rockets barely beat Ewing's 19 on 36%, so they would get destroyed by Jordan even if Jordan played his worst.. And those Bulls added Kukoc, Kerr and Longley so Jordan never actually had a cast that good (i.e. a double-double PF and Kukoc, aka Horace and Kukoc).

Kblaze8855
11-17-2022, 11:41 PM
The use of an all caps “actually” in a made up scenario is just amusing enough for me to go back to this nets blazers game without further comment or action. Excuse me.

3ba11
11-17-2022, 11:44 PM
The use of an all caps “actually” in a made up scenario is just amusing enough for me to go back to this nets blazers game without further comment or action. Excuse me.

It's both intuitive and common knowledge that Jordan would've won 8 titles if he hadn't retired in 94'... :confusedshrug:

That's amazing in the modern era - that's how GOAT jordan was and that's why I make a big deal about him - he could've matched and exceeded Russell's chips...

Regardless, two 3-peats is still video game shit... it's the GOAT standard because it's the most rings as the best player in 3-pointer history

Axe
11-17-2022, 11:49 PM
1-9

Shooter
11-18-2022, 12:09 AM
Wake me up when someone passes 7,631 slick.

coastalmarker99
11-18-2022, 07:03 AM
The Bulls would have four peated in 1994 then lost in 1995 to the Rockets.

Plus you are not considering the toll of another two finals runs on guys such as Pippen who were on their last legs in 1997 and 1998.

John8204
11-18-2022, 10:28 AM
George Mikan won 7 championships in 8 seasons as the scoring leader in the league....so to the OP has convinced me to change my mind of the subject...

Mikan > Russell > Jordan

Thanks OP another banger from 3Ball

ShawkFactory
11-18-2022, 11:36 AM

:lol

Phoenix
11-18-2022, 11:39 AM

:oldlol:

Overdrive
11-18-2022, 12:12 PM
Would. Russell did.

Phoenix
11-18-2022, 12:15 PM
Would. Russell did.

Not just would, ACTUALLY would. That makes all the difference.

Hey Yo
11-18-2022, 12:28 PM
OP also said LA would've beat Chicago in 1991 with a healthy Worthy which means MJ's first ring is has an *

mr4speed
11-18-2022, 01:56 PM
The Bulls would have four peated in 1994 then lost in 1995 to the Rockets.

Plus you are not considering the toll of another two finals runs on guys such as Pippen who were on their last legs in 1997 and 1998.

I agree with this and think there is a good chance Jordan would still have ended up with 6 rings. They would have been on fumes with such a run. The breakup of the Bulls may have happened 1 year earlier but who knows.

Wally450
11-18-2022, 07:06 PM
If he could've, he would've.

Don't quit on your team in 94 and maybe you could.

Full Court
11-18-2022, 07:23 PM
That's how goat he was - someone was ACTUALLY going to break Russell's record in the modern era!!!... :lebronamazed:

The 94' Rockets barely beat Ewing's 19 on 36%, so they would get destroyed by Jordan even if Jordan played his worst.. And those Bulls added Kukoc, Kerr and Longley so Jordan never actually had a cast that good (i.e. a double-double PF and Kukoc, aka Horace and Kukoc).

Bro, you can't argue using hypotheticals. Nobody knows what would or wouldn't have happened. Everybody knows Jordan is the GOAT anyway - he doesn't even need '94 and '95.

AlternativeAcc.
11-18-2022, 07:25 PM
Unfortunately for Jordan stans they have to live with "what ifs"

Bunch of coulda shoulda wouldas.

LeBron doesn't need them. GOAT.

3ba11
11-18-2022, 08:32 PM
Bro, you can't argue using hypotheticals. Nobody knows what would or wouldn't have happened. Everybody knows Jordan is the GOAT anyway - he doesn't even need '94 and '95.

Yeah but it's amazing that it's entirely realistic to the point of probable that he could've or would've done it - it's amazing that it's not just a slight possibility, but infact a massive likelihood - like 30-70% (not 5-10%)

that's amazing

only a surprise killing of his father stopped Michael Jordan from having a GREAT CHANCE of matching or exceeding the great Bill Russell.... in the modern era!!!... :lebronamazed... :bowdown:

Btw, Jordan never played with Grant and Kukoc - (old Rodman that makes you go 4 on 5 offensively and was barely serviceable in the 97' or 98' Playoffs, aka doesn't match up to Horace)

1987_Lakers
11-18-2022, 08:34 PM
MJ actually lost in '95

3ba11
11-18-2022, 08:39 PM
MJ actually lost in '95

only because the team lacked the goat continuity of being 4-peat champs and were infact starting over late in the season (the opposite of 4-peat champs)

The lack of continuity and normal system caused a system-player like Pippen to be the 3rd option behind Kukoc in the 1st Round and wet the bed with 19 on 40% against Orlando - this includes his normal Anthony Roberson-caliber in 4th and clutch-time, aka complete non-offensive player - this forces MJ to be literally super-man in the clutch of every game, which he was not up for after a couple years playing baseball.

1987_Lakers
11-18-2022, 08:41 PM
only because the team lacked the goat continuity of being 4-peat champs and were infact starting over late in the season (the opposite of 4-peat champs)

They lacked Horace Grant.

AlternativeAcc.
11-18-2022, 08:48 PM
LeBrons 8 straight finals in the modern era sounds insane but... HE ACTUALLY DID IT.

Poor Jordan fans having to live in hypothetical land :roll:

AlternativeAcc.
11-18-2022, 08:49 PM

The Magic didn't lack Nick Anderson

3ba11
11-18-2022, 08:50 PM

They won with Kukoc as the starter in the 98' Playoffs and then 3/8 on 35% from Rodman in the 97' Playoffs

So the Bulls didn't need anything from the PF to win - Horace never gave them much anyway - accordingly, the cure for the Bulls was a normal MJ, aka hoops god.. Unfortunately, the advanced stats like PER, WS/48, VORP and BPM show that 95' MJ was infact equal to wizards MJ.. that's statistical fact.

Btw, Rodman's non-viability in the 97' Playoffs forced MJ to co-lead the team in rebounding along with Rodman at 8 RPG each.. In addition to carrying the rebounding load, Jordan carried the assist load and of course the scoring and clutch load at #1 all-time levels (3 game-winning shots/plays in the Finals)..

It's funny that Jordan had 2 teammates average 8 rebounds alongside him (Grant, Rodman), while Lebron had Boozer, Gooden, Zydrunas, Jamison, Varejao, Shaq, Mosgov, Tristan, Love, Bosh, AD, McGee, and many more... Lebron clearly had far more rebounding help, rim protection, and scoring help, while guys like Wade, Westbrook, Rondo and Kyrie averaged more APG than Pippen.. Lebron's simpleton brand of ball (low team assists and ball-dominance) simply requires more supporting talent to win.. It's intuitive.. A constant stream of more help is required as each new guy is reduced to spot-up roles.

ShawkFactory
11-18-2022, 08:56 PM
the advanced stats like PER, WS/48, VORP and BPM show that 95' MJ was infact equal to wizards MJ.. that's statistical fact.

They also show that Horace Grant was a an equal player to Patrick Ewing in 1992 (Ewing had a slightly better PER and VORP; Horace had a better WS/48 and BPM).

1987_Lakers
11-18-2022, 08:59 PM
They also show that Horace Grant was a an equal player to Patrick Ewing in 1992 (Ewing had a slightly better PER and VORP; Horace had a better WS/48 and BPM).

https://media.tenor.com/A0REOBRcXzcAAAAC/black-boy-reaction.gif

3ba11
11-18-2022, 09:10 PM

The 95' Bulls lacked their normal championship chemistry when MJ returned and MJ also wasn't as dominant, especially in the clutch - the Bulls needed both of these things to win (chemistry and super-man MJ) because they weren't built on talent or stackedness.

But again, they didn't need shit from the PF - see the 97' and 98' Playoffs with Kukoc as the starter (98') and 3/8 Rodman (97').. They just needed their chemistry and normal MJ (super-man)

Regarding the stats - advanced stats overrate efficiency, aka you have to compare them between players of similar role, otherwise the efficiency of a bum role player like Horace will inflate his PER, WS/48 or ORtg compared to a go-to stud that faces maximum defensive attention like Ewing (carrying the scoring load reduces efficiency)... In the case of 95' MJ, we're comparing MJ to himself, so it's an accurate portrayal of his performance decline in 95'.

Full Court
11-18-2022, 09:16 PM

Dude, I loved Horace Grant in the 90s, but there's no freaking way he was an equal player to Ewing.

ShawkFactory
11-18-2022, 09:31 PM
Dude, I loved Horace Grant in the 90s, but there's no freaking way he was an equal player to Ewing.

When did I say that he was?

I simply used 3balls argument against him.

Full Court
11-18-2022, 09:58 PM

Oh, gotcha. I thought you were trying to say Grant was equal to Ewing lol.

ShawkFactory
11-18-2022, 10:09 PM
Oh, gotcha. I thought you were trying to say Grant was equal to Ewing lol.

No definitely not :lol

Although 3ball criminally underrates him. He was a guy willing to do a lot of dirty work and on top of that was a quick decision-maker.

Full Court
11-18-2022, 10:15 PM
No definitely not :lol

Although 3ball criminally underrates him. He was a guy willing to do a lot of dirty work and on top of that was a quick decision-maker.

Yeah, he was a guy who had a bigger impact than raw stats showed.

3ba11
11-19-2022, 06:21 PM

No you didn't - I was comparing MJ's PER to MJ.... I wasn't comparing 2 different players and certainly not a role player to a 1st option

Again, it's an obvious fact and backed up by the stats I showed earlier that MJ wasn't the same player after baseball.. You refuting it is just dumb ignorance and shows that you're young and learned about MJ on the internet

Ultimately, it's amazing that MJ had a great chance to win 8 in a row and even 9 in 99'.. It wasn't a tiny chance - it was a really solid to great chance... The two 3-peats validates this

3ba11
11-19-2022, 06:42 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-15-2021/sn1U8Q.gif

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-15-2021/Kdiw7r.gif

Horace Grant (11/8 career player and 1x all-star) was equal or worse than:

Boozer
Zydrunas
Jamison
Love
Bosh
Varejao

Tristan (higher RPG and rebounding %)
2010 Shaq (12/7 and 1.5 block)
Haslem?
Birdman?
Drew Gooden? (14/10 in 2005 and other years)
Mosgov? (14/8 on 55% in Finals)

ShawkFactory
11-19-2022, 06:46 PM

Agreed :cheers:

SouBeachTalents
11-19-2022, 06:54 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-15-2021/sn1U8Q.gif

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-15-2021/Kdiw7r.gif

Horace Grant (11/8 career player and 1x all-star) was equal or worse than:

Boozer
Zydrunas
Jamison
Love
Bosh
Varejao

Tristan (higher RPG and rebounding %)
2010 Shaq (12/7 and 1.5 block)
Haslem?
Birdman?
Drew Gooden? (14/10 in 2005 and other years)
Mosgov? (14/8 on 55% in Finals)
Damn, LeBron locked Curry's ass up AND led both teams in every category while defeating a 73 win team? That's some GOAT tier shit :applause:

And your last point about Grant is just really weak trolling, you're slipping.

3ba11
11-19-2022, 07:37 PM
Damn, LeBron locked Curry's ass up AND led both teams in every category while defeating a 73 win team? That's some GOAT tier shit :applause:

And your last point about Grant is just really weak trolling, you're slipping.

Lebron had no volume on Curry and none of the key possessions like Kyrie, Love or Delly had, so your point is meaningless.. Lebron's 2016 Finals wasn't impressive because 1) the Cavs had more talent (preseason favorite super-team that simply underachieved the regular season) and 2) Kyrie was an equal-scoring partner to attract equal defensive attention, so Lebron didn't defeat maximum defensive attention (never carried scoring load in Finals, aka never won without shit tons of help)

And again, Grant averaged 11/8 for his career with 1 all-star appearance as a non-scorer, aka tertiary option and non-go-to player... This obviously doesn't compare to the superior stats, role and multiple all-star appearances of Love, Bosh, Jamison, Zydrunas and other 3rd options of Lebron's that were go-to players.. Horace infact compares to Tristan, Mosgov, McGee, and guys of that caliber or role, aka "bangers" (not go-to players).